RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:47 pm

I chuckled as walked up to the entrance to the gate. I followed everybody else into the cool airport. I followed Lilliana through the Texan-filled area. We finally exited into the smoggy parking-lot. I turned towards Lilliana, "So... now where?" I asked raising an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:11 pm

I shrugged, stopping beside Blake. "I... Don't know, I didn't get this far in my plan." Glancing around, I sighed, "Should we go to a hotel or something? Or start straight for where ever we think the entrance will be?" It was loud enough outside that no one would've heard me, and they wouldn't have understood the meaning anyways. I glanced around and then finally hailed a taxi. Glancing backwards at Blake, I hissed, "Keep your bag at arms length, I've got a bad feeling about this city... It feels... Like death." I slid into the seat and then said, "The closest and cheapest hotel in the city to the airport."
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:52 pm

I slid into the bright yellow taxi, when the door latched, I was launched into the back of the stuffing-barren seat. I managed to hit my head on the back windshield. I rubbed my head, as I realized that we were rocketing at 110 MPH. I heard bickering at the front of the car. It sounded like they were arguing over a... tooth and an eye. I shook my head, I must have been hearing things. I felt about as nauseous as I had after riding 'The Head Smasher' at the county fair a few years back, by the time the taxi stopped. We were in front of what looked like the Hilton just a hundred times better. The whole building was made out of white marble. The whole thing was about ten stories high. "Yeah, cheapest and closest." I murmured with a light chuckle as I slid out of the taxi, the warm Texas air brushed my face.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:03 pm

I was slung around the back-seat of the taxi at crazy speeds, coliding with everything in the world back there except for Blake. When it finally stopped in front of a large an elegant hotel, I slid out and gaped, before remembering to turn to hand the Taxi Driver some money, but the taxi was gone. I couldn't even tell if it had sped off again, or just simply dissapeared. I turned towards the building again and then glanced at Blake. "This is not the cheepest hotel..." I repeated, echoing what he had said only moments before. "How in the world are we supposed to pay for this? I don't even know my way around Texas..." I trailed off, eerily reminded of a building that looked like the hotel, but I couldn't place it. It was like deja vu.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:26 pm

I shrugged. "Maybe they've had some big spring discount sale on rooms..." I said, as I walked up the white, cobblestone pathway towards the turnstile doorway. I was amazed at the huge fountain that stood in the center. Greek seemed to be engraved all along the sides of the base. I shook my head, Must just be a coincidence. I thought as I pushed the spinning door that lead us into the huge main check-in area.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:31 pm

I marveled as I stumbled after Blake, almost in a trance. The Hotel was beautiful, marble flooring, pillars, and was that Ancient Greek? I turned slightly, but not before getting a sight of the ordinate check-in desk. I turned for a moment, looking around at everything before following Blake up to the desk. The woman behind it smiled, but I tuned her out, trying to tell what the Greek engraved on the pillars said, but for some reason, I couldn't exactly make out what it meant. Rubbing my forehead, I figured it was just a combination of the crazy taxi ride, and jet lag or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:53 pm

I walked over to the large marble check-in area. I pulled some of the money that we could spare from the backpack and handed it to a heavy-set man. He looked to be about in his mid-thirties. His eye's instantly lit up when he saw us. He took the money and shoved it back to me.
"Come with me." He said in a serious tone. He led us across the amazingly large entryway. I managed to see his name tag, it read in straight, pristine handwriting, ' Manuel'. He took us to an elevator and pushed the button that was pointing upwards. We waited for a few moments and then the soft ding of the elevator sounded as the chrome doors slid open. Manuel led us in and pushed the '10' on the keypad labelled 'Floor Number'. The elevator jolted and we shot up to what was the top floor. Within' thirty seconds the same ring of the bell sounded and we walked out of elevator into a huge, well-lit hall that had a few oak doors on each side. Manuel took us to the farthest door that was labelled as 'The Godly Suite'. I chuckled at the suite in amazement. How did we get the best room? And for free at that.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:57 pm

I gasped, after Mr. Niceness left and looked around the huge room. "This is insane!" I shouted, not caring who heard me. Whirling on Blake, I grinned. "I don't how we got this, but I want to keep it, forever, and ever, and ever, and all that jazz." I threw down my spaceless backpack on the floor and laid my bow and quiver down on a coffee table. Setting out into the vast room, I ducked my head and then popped back out. "Oh my Posidon, Blake. They have a shower. I want a shower." I felt disgusting and I knew my face probably wasn't the best sight from the scars it would leave, and then whole shoulder thing would most likely leave a scar too.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:22 am

I laughed as I walked over to one of the two King sized beds and threw myself onto it, the warm clean sheets felt so good compared to what I had been through all day. I rolled over and grabbed the remote to the giant widescreen TV and flipped it on. This was heaven in a building. I was amazed while flipping through the channels. There was at least 500 channels. I slid off the bed, and walked over to the refrigerator. I opened it, to my surprise it was fully stalked with drinks and food. I quickly grabbed a Mountain Dew and popped the tab on it. I took a big long swig as the commercial break on the T.V. show I was watching came on.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:32 am

Forget the shower! My brain shouted, seeing Blake with a Mountain Dew, THERE'S SODA! RUN! I listened to my subconsious and ran forward, barely letting Blake get out of the way before I takled the mini fridge and down an entire Mountain Dew, caffine and all, in about five seconds. Grinning, I wanted to do a mini happy dance of how incredibly perfect this place was. "I love this place. I love it so, so much." I mumbled, grabbing another soda and debating on whether or not I should drink it and go on an insane sugar high. That was the bad thing with myself and soda. If it wasn't diet, I would be crazy, for at least three hours, if it was, I was toned down... A bit. I was almost positive I got that from my Father, which might have been the scary fact about the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:44 am

I busted out laughing, she had scared me half to death as she ran and nearly tackled the refrigerator just for a Mountain Dew. "I would never have guessed." I said in response to her comment about how much she loved this hotel. I took the last few drinks of my soda and walked over to the window. The view was amazing, the small buildings of Houston were below us.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:48 am

I slowly put the Mountain Dew can away and bounced over to Blake, and when I saw bounced, I mean it literally. The surgar was already racing through my veins and I jumped up and down in my place beside Blake. "Hey," I muttered looking at him, "Did you see the Ancient Greek downstairs? It was all, WHOA I AM MEANT FOR YOU! And then we get this room and there is soda in here! I wonder who's paying for it all. That would stink if we had too... I don't have that kind of cash." My words blurred together and then I shrugged, "Oh well!!!" I sang belting it out, "We will just have to deal with it!!!!" I grinned at him and then questioned completely randomly, "Do you like my singing?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:59 am

I nodded, trying not to laugh at her hyperness. "Yeah. Your singing's beautiful." I said sarcastically. "I know. But, the Greek was probably just a coincidence. " I said trying to answer all of her many questions. "Just promise me you won't have anymore soda?" I said grinning.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:02 am

I sighed and then threw an arm across my forehead dramatically, "But Blakey-kins!" I whined, Making my voice the same shrill tone as Bella Swan's, "I want more soda! And if I want something, I get it!" I didn't know why I found it so funny, but I burst into laughter and then grinned, "Just kidding, I knew a girl like that at my old school... I thought she was the Furie the first time I started seeing through the Mist." I crashed on the bed that Blake hadn't flopped on before and laid back, supporting my head with my hands. "Okay, down to business... Where do you think the entrance is?" I questioned leaning up to look at him sideways.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:16 am

"I'm officially scared." I said chuckling while walking to my bed. I sat down on the edge, and looked over at the hyped up Lilliana. "I don't know. It could be anywhere in Texas. We could look in some mega haunted house?" I suggested lamely.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:20 am

I laid backwards, letting my head bounce on the comforter of the bed before sighing. "That has got to be the worst idea anyone in the history of bad ideas could come up with." I turned and smirked at him lightly, "A haunted house? Seriously?" Truthfully, I hated Haunted Houses, scary things and I didn't bond well together. I usually either a) screamed bloody murder until I got out of the place, or b) slowly hyperventalated because there was fake blood. Sometimes it was both combinations, those were the fun times. So, to conclude, I hated Hospitals, blood, scary things, and now plane rides. This was just lovely.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:54 pm

"Hey, I had to make a jab at it before you suggested the Coke factory." I said playfully. "Either way, I think that if we hang out and look around town for anything suspicious, we'll see something. As far as I know, we aren't paying for this room." I said, laying down on my back and looking at the pearl white ceiling.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:35 pm

(O.o... I just glanced at how many people have viewed this thread... and Holy Posidon. It's over four hundred!)

"Alright," I muttered and then sighed, "I'll put on something black, so we can look suspicious as we lurk around town." Chuckling to myself, I leaned up and grabbed my bag. While rooting through it, Something shined from the floresant light overhead. I pulled it out slowly and then gasped. In my hand was a pure silver dagger with a jagged edge and a wicked celestial bronze coating. On the hilt, there was a small name engraved in Ancient Greek. This one, I could read, "Silverstriker". Turning, I held it out to Blake and then grabbed the shealth that had fallen off of it in my bag. The shealth was plain leather, nothing to fancy, except for a small note haphazardly stuck inside.
My Dear Lilliana,
As my Hunters and I do not discriminate on where you come from, I would like to bestoy this gift unto you. The Dagger is Celestial Bronze and Silver, meaning that it can and will harm both monsters and Mortals. I know that you will need this one day, for my Brother has foretold it. Please, consiter joining the Hunter's ranks one day, it would be amazing to have such a wonderful Archer with us.
Lady Artemis
I think I stared at the note for a full five minutes before handing it over to Blake to read. "Mhm," Was all I could manage out as I stared at the dagger. "She gave me a dagger... She gave me a weapon... What is with all the gods being Santa Clause today?!" I questioned finally, brushing a piece of hair out of my face. "This is crazy."
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:53 pm

(Our role-play's must be popular. xD)

I handed the note back to her after reading it once. "Nothing's ever free." I said quoting my brother when I had told him about receiving my sword. Getting all of these items from the gods just didn't seem right.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:06 pm

"Well that's cheery." I replied glancing at him with a raised eyebrow, "I guess I'll have to go ahead and cut off my arm and leg myself. Less painful. Then I guess I'll mail it to the gods, you know, for payment purposes!" I slid off the bed and then went into the bathroom. Taking one of the washclothes I looked at the scar on my face, and shuttered lightly. The scars were half-healed from the nectar and ambrosia, but they were still pretty wicked looking. They started at the very top of my forehead, on the right side, and extended down scraping across my eyelid and cheek before ending at the base of my jaw. My shoulder was almost all the way healed, just a spot on my shirt now. I scrubbed my cheek with the cloth to clean myself up and then walked back out. "Bathroom is yours, we'll get cleaned up and then go Hades hunting." I muttered going straight to my bag to get a new shirt, that wasn't stained.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:38 pm

I slid off the bed and headed into the bathroom. I closed the door and took my my shirt, examining the major burn wounds over my chest. It was raw and barely healed. I think the ambrosia had only helped the pain. I groaned and pulled a clean shirt over my head. I quickly washed my face and cleaned up a raw cut on my neck. I dried up my face with a clean white towel. I shut the light off and exited the pristine bathroom.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:45 pm

I had already changed into a new shirt and shoved the old one back into my bag in case we needed scraps for future wounds. Turning, I smiled softly at Blake and questioned, "How are the wounds healing?" I knew he had gotten a pretty bad wound from the Furie's whip, and those things probably stung horribly. Shouldering my quiver and bow, and strapping on the sheath for my new dagger, I stood there wondering where we would look first for the Underworld.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:12 pm

I shrugged. "Their fine." I said, lying. Truthfully it still hurt whenever I moved my torso abruptly. "Where do you think we should start first?" I asked, leaning against the door frame. I noticed the same phrase in ancient Greek carved around the mirror frame. I dismissed it as an obvious coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:19 pm

"I don't know," I replied, leaning against the base of the bed. Glancing around the room, I sighed and then asked, "Could you read the Ancient Greek downstairs?" Worridly, I continued, "Because for some reason I couldn't, it was really hard to make out. I don't know what's wrong with my brain. I know my Dyslexia isn't supposed to effect Ancient Greek." Looking at him, I furrowed my brow in concentration and then muttered, "Do you think something is wrong with my brain...?" I paused and then looked up at him, "Don't answer that, Lightning."
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:37 pm

I chuckled and shook my head. "No, I couldn't read it. I bet it doesn't matter though. If you pay attention there's signs of Greece everywhere." I said shrugging lightly. I walked over to my bed and sat down facing Lilliana. "Finding the entrance to the Underworld won't be in a major building smack-dab in the middle of Houston." I said, even though it was the most obvious thing I had mentioned on this quest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next