RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Cat Returns; RPC style

Go down 
+6
Lan Fan
Ω ViolentSong Ω
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Blank's Toucan
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Suburbia
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

The Cat Returns; RPC style Empty
PostSubject: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:27 pm

I watched this Japanese movie a couple months ago and thought it was awesome, so I wanna make an RPC version.

So here it is!

The Cat Returns (Or for Japanese lovers *eyes Misty, Kokoro, and Other person: 猫の恩返し, Neko no Ongaeshi)

Chapter 1: Saving a Cat

To Branch and Vixen, it was just another normal day after their's lacross practice. With their rackets in hand, the two girls conversed about their day, as all friends do.
"So Vixen, I saw how well you did at practice. You really were good!" Branch complimented.
"Well, so were you!"
The two talked for so long, it almost seemed like magic when all the people suddenly appeared around them. Branch motioned that Vixen and her have a little snack at the nearby cafe. The duo continued to talk about their likes and dislikes.
"Hey Branch, remember in Science when we were talking about animals, and you, heh, you attack that boy when he said he hated his cats!"
"Oh my gawd that was crazy!" Branch mused.
"Yah know, we should really get goin' soon" Vixen advised, and the two abandoned their seats and were going to leave until something caught Branch's eye.
"Oh look, a little stray cat!" She swooned. The cat was very skinny, and looked almost lavender, which only complimented it's long tail and it's... brown and green eyes? Strange...
Suddenly, the cat cocked its head to the side, where a truck was speeding towards him!
Branch's first instinct was running and picking up the cat with the net of her lacross stick, which she followed. She landed in a heavy bush, with her and the cat unharmed.
Branch was in a daze, so she didn't completely believe her eyes when the cat seemed to stand on it's hind two legs, as if it were a human.
"I owe you my gratitude, young madam, but I must be going," he mewed as he bowed and quickly ran off on all fours as if nothing ever happened. Branch obviously wanted to follow, but her mother was waiting for her. She stood up and shook the leaves out of her hair as Vixen ran over to her.
"Branch! Are you alright?"
"Y-yeah. I think I'm goin' crazy or something, cause I thought that cat just t-t-talked to me..."
"Ok, you're not alright. Listen, let's just go back home and you can lie down for a bit

Chapter 2: Calling

The days after Branch's encounter were quite normal, as if nothing had ever happened. However, she kept fantasizing about what that cat was doing! This usually distracted her from her schoolwork and her grades were quickly dropping. When her mother confronted her, Branch could only muster worthless excuses before being sent to bed. That night, she heard a voice so soft it was almost like silk. "Branch, follow my voice," It whispered into the night, to which Branch obeyed. She stood up from her bed in a trance-like fashion, her ears tuning into the voice and it's direction. It almost shocked her when she found herself watching a parade of cats marching down an alleyway, standing on hind paws like the one she saved! They were all holding paper laterns and torches and things of that nature. When she tried to call out to them, she realized that she could not move, but instead stare. They were reaching a dead end when, all of a sudden, the cats started to move through the walls, one by one, until all left.

Branch woke up in a cold sweat, only to hear the voice once again. "Branch, you must seek out the Cat Bereau. First, go to the plaza, where you will find a large cat. He will show you the way." It slithered around the air before fading away. Branch couldn't believe what she had just dreamt, unless, of course, it wasn't a dream. She looked at her calendar. Saturday! She grabbed her purse and flared out of her house, her mother not noticing as she had not even woken up yet!

Branch arrived at the plaza quite quickly, finding the closest seat and resting her legs. When she looked up, she was half-surprised to see a fat calico cat lying down on the table in front of her. She creeped up behind him and poked his belly. The cat purred and turned around to see who could have possibly done that. However, when it saw Branch, it quickly turned around, back to it's original position. "Uhm, excuse me, a voice told me that you know the way to the Cat Bereau. Could you show me?" Branch asked quietly, not to seem like she was a complete nut-job, talking to stray cats in the plaza. The cat looked up reluctantly and sighed, saying in a masculine voice, "Come with me." He jumped down from the table and prowled towards an alleyway similar to the one she saw in her dream. "What, may I ask, is your name?" Branch asked the cat, to which he replied gruffly, "Sock." "Sock? That's an interesting nam-" "Hey, lady, don't make fun of my name!" Sock interrupted as he approached the same dead end as the dream previewed. He slipped through the wall and motion Branch to follow him, to which she obliged. When she crossed to the other side, she found a plaza similar to the one she was just in, only darker. "Welcome to the Cat Bereau, please keep all paws and tails inside the ride at all times. We appreciate you choosing Sock Airlines." The cat muttered as he headed towards a store with two gears on top. "What could possibly be in there?" Branch wondered as she followed Sock inside.

Chapter 3: The Cat with the Hat

The door that Branch was being led to was quite small, she wondered how Sock was going to make it through, never mind herself. However, once she approached it, it appeared surpassingly larger than before. Then, as she looked back, she realized the closer that she got to the door, the smaller she became. Sock kicked open the door, obviously frustrated as he called out, "Ot-ot! We've got a visitor!" A shuffle of muffled pawsteps came down the stairs as Branch saw a very sophisticated, slim orange tabby cat, complete with a white shirt, layered by a red vest and a black jacket. He also had on black pants and shoes, but the most interesting aspect Branch found was his top hat and cane. He glanced at Sock before exclaiming (in a surprisingly English accent), "Good heavens, Sock, put some clothes on! We have a guest!" As Sock mumbled to himself as he climbed the stairs, the tabby walked over to get a closer look at Branch, taking of his hat and bowing. "I am Octavius Sorentum Oron Sensen Marshmallow. Please, call me Otter, if you may," He introduced himself, looking up at Branch, who was giggling. "And you are?" He asked in return. Branch could not hold it in much longer and asked, "Is your last name really, erm, marshmallow?" "Well, I would hope so, Miss..." "Branch. Just Branch." She replied, stifling her giggles from Otter's stare.
"A fine name that is."
Branch looked around and asked Otter, "Listen, I'm not exactly sure why I'm here. You see, I heard this voice telling me to come here, so..."
"Ah, I see. Well, let me just get you a little something to eat and you'll be on your way. Please, help yourself," Otter explained as he walked outside and clapped his hands. Branch found a couple of cookies and stuffed them inside her pant pocket. A large crow landed in front of the house, and when Branch turned around, her eyes opened up like saucers. "Wh-wh-wh-what is that?" She mustered, only to here Otter laugh. "It's only Blankfeather. Come, hop on!" As he said this, Sock, wearing a leather vest and a belt, came down to the kitchen. Branch obeyed and grabbed a cookie from her pocket. "Easy this time, Blank. "Otter cooed, but when Sock saw Branch's cookie, he went into a sort of phased growl, which scared Blankfeather, causing him to lift of very quickly. Sock grabbed on to one of his tail feathers, which did not help the situation.
Meanwhile, a flock of eagles patrolled the skies, each one being ridden by highly decorated cats, as if they were part of the army. When the one in front spotted the crow, they swooped in on him, which caused Blankfeather to slide under them. This allowed Sock to sit on him, grabbing Branch's cookies and nommed away. One of the eagles went attacking from behind, nipping at Blankfeather's wing. This caused the crow to bat of the eagle, thus rattling Otter, Branch, and Sock. Branch was not really paying attention to the fight, so when she was rattled, she hit her head on the crow's back and blacked out.

Chapter 4: This Can't be Happening

When Branch regained consciousness, everything was quite fuzzy. She was warm, no doubt about that, and that of course was a plus. However, as things started getting clearer, she realized she was in a village. There were many straw huts, quite large from her perspective, and as she got up and her claws dug into the soil... Wait, Claws? SInce when did she have claws? She looked back down to eye level to see a bunch of other scroungy cats staring at her as if she was one of them. Strange.
One of them moved towards the girl, a warm smile on her face. "Hello, my name is Runa. My, you must've been through much, with your fur all stuck up and your tail looking like barbed wire!"
"What are you talking about? I don't have a tail or fur, I'm just a regular girl!"
An awkward silence landed upon the village.
"Oh dear, you must be the prince's girl. Most apologies, your highness," Runa apologized as the village all got down on one knee.
"What..?" Branch asked, obviously confused by the situation.
"You are the one who saved Prince Jay, are you not?" another cat called out in the distance, a pure white one.
Branch tried looking around and all of a sudden, it clicked; that was the voice she heard to go to the Cat Bereau! "It's you!" She exclaimed as the cat got closer.
"Please, just come with me. I will take you to his Highness," The cat ordered humbly as she grabbed onto Branch's hand... No, paw! "Wait!" she yelled, desperate for answers.
The white cat came to a stop as Branch ran to a nearby lake to look into her reflection. She was, indeed, an orange tabby cat, all scroungy looking like the others. Branch turned back to the girl. "Who are you?"
"My name is Alley," the girl dipped her head respectively.
"Now, Alley, tell me; why did those cats back there call me 'your highness' and 'the prince's girl'?"
"Well, your highness, it is quite simple. You see, here in the kingdom, we have a very Hamurabi-esque set of laws. An eye for an eye, a hand for a hand, and in your case, a life for a life. Since you saved the princes life, it is his duty to spend his life with... you," Alley explained, seeing the glimmer of fear in Branch's eyes. "But the prince is a very respectable man, you won't regret him."
"And how should you know?" Branch asked, putting her paws on her hips.
"Well, I am a personal servant in the castle to the king. A very tyrannical king, yes, but still a king. Now, your highness-"
"Please, call me Branch. I not married to him yet!" Branch asked, muttering, "Nor do I plan on it."
"Now please, erm, Branch, come with me. We must get you nice and proper for your first official meet with the prince. He is in for a surprise," Alley said as she pulled Branch towards a large castle, colored white and blue. It was a glorious site, although humans would only see it as a house with very low ceilings.
They can never understand.

Chapter 5: Sock Doesn't Work For No One

When Alley and Branch arrived at the castle gates, two guards were holding a fat cat with torn vest and belt. "Sock!" Branch exclaimed, glad to see someone was alive.
"Ok, fellas, you can let me down now!" Sock said, feeling like he accomplished something, but the guards refused.
"Why should we let you go?" One guard said, the other nodding.
"Now guys, I'm sure that this cat works for our bride-to-be Branch, so if you don't mind," Alley came up and said, to which the guards dropped Sock simultaneously and pushed him towards Branch.
"Hey! Sock doesn't work for no one!" Sock exclaimed, but Branch put a finger to his lips, if cats have them.
The guards opened the gates and allowed the three cats to walk in, Sock giving threatening glances to the guards.
"Now, if you'll allow me to, I will show you where you will be staying for quite some time," Alley explained to Sock and Branch, to which they nodded and followed Alley up the stairs.
When Alley opened the magnificent yet height appropriate door, Branch couldn't help but gasp. It started out as a large room with about five or six maids lined up in a row. They were murmuring like ancient geisha women until they saw Branch and quickly went stiff.
"Erm, at ease?" Branch said, remembering hearing that somewhere in a war movie, which she hated. However, the maids seemed to understand and put their shoulders down.
"You will be staying here Branch. I do hope you like it, but if the Prince marries you, I'm sure you must have standards," Alley explained.
"No no, this is more than enough," Branch muttered wistfully, absolutely amazed at the wonders that beheld her.
"Well, now that is all well and done, how about we get you ready, for the King has called for a royal masquerade ball, and I'm sure his highness will be very disappointed if-" Alley was interrupted.
"Masquerade?" Branch asked, confused. "If I'm to meet the Prince, how is he to know who I am?"
"We have arranged the entire thing. And don't interrupt. Rude."
"Fine, sorry. Let's get ready," Branch said without any haste. This was to be her first ball, not to mention masquerade.

And so Alley and the other maids went to prepare Branch's bath, groom her fur (quite nicely, she might add), ironed her gown, and clothed her. The gown was a deep shade of red, and would certainly stand out no matter what the occasion was. Her eye-covering-thingie (Branch had no idea what to call it. Something french she presumed) was the same, but adorned with plastic jewels, Branch could tell, but apparently they got ripped off. Sucks for the kingdom. Sock chose not to attend the ball, thinking it too girly, but was more than welcome to join the feast, to which he was happy to oblige. All Alley needed to say was pork and the deed was done.

Last edited by Absolem on Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:48 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:10 pm

NOW THAT
was crazy. XD FYI, you referred to Branch's lacrosse stick as "his" lacrosse stick. XD
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:17 pm

*mummering* Thank you, Evil Grammer Demented Psycho! xD
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:42 pm

Next chapter! Good story!
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:57 pm

Yay talking kitties! :D
Nice, write more! O.O *stalkerstare*
Back to top Go down
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:01 pm

kewl...IS I IN DIS STORY! READ THE SIGNTURE! lawl it stares at you! Nice story!
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:44 pm

Is the other person me...?
So far, this is great! I like the description, as in "it almost seemed like magic when people started to appear around them..." I can't wait to see the next chapter.
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 12:46 am

Varjak_Paw wrote:
kewl...IS I IN DIS STORY! READ THE SIGNTURE! lawl it stares at you! Nice story!
I was the talking cat.
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:20 am

Alright, I got chapter 2 up!
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:50 am

Dat be epic.
=D
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 2:13 am

Thankerz!
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 2:01 pm

New Chapter, up!
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:56 pm

XD
If this didn't make my day, nothing will. I'm just a grumpy, fat, nudist cat. Just like in real life. I seriously couldn't stop smiling through that.
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:03 pm

xD

Aww, Socky! It's okay! I'll make sure you do something EXTRA fun later!
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:04 pm

xDD
This story is crazy good! Crazy in an awesomely amazing way! Keep going!
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:06 pm

Yayzerz! And I have a special part for you!
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 10:32 pm

I have chapter four for the story up and running!
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:46 pm

Oooh! I'm a kitty-cat! xD
'Cat, I'm a kitty-cat, and I dance, dance, dance, and I dance, dance, dance. Cat, I'm a kitty-cat and I dance, dance, dance, and I dance, dance dance.'
Sorry. xD
RUNA TEH KITTEH CAN HAS MOHR PLEZE?
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:18 am

I'M SPECIALLLLLLLLLL! =D
Wait I have to marry somebody?
OH HOLY HECK NOOO. xD
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:15 pm

HAMURABI!!
XD

I can't believe I didn't notice you had a new chapter. Zis be a surprizink twist, non? XD
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:34 pm

HAHAHHAHAHHA.
*pats kitty Branch's head. Invite me too your wedding! xD
MORE!
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:49 pm

New Chapter, UP UP AND AWAY!
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:35 pm

PORK. XD

Is the word Branch is looking for 'veil', by any chance? WRITE MORE! =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cat Returns; RPC style   The Cat Returns; RPC style I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cat Returns; RPC style
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPcentral Forum :: RPC Artist's Corner :: RPC Library-
Jump to: