RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is it my style?

Go down 
+3
❝ lauren ❞
Lan Fan
Mad MOAI
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:50 pm

For some reason no-one joins my RPs.

I've seen that every RP not made by me was posted on with a signup form by one or two members, but whenever I post a new RP it gets 0 replies and dies.

I can't figure out what's wrong, and why everyone stays away from all my RPs more than the others.

This isn't just my RPs either. No one requests on my graphic shops.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:59 pm

I have the same problem...
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:49 am

I have some Ideas.

1. TRy making an easy plot at first, including everyone.

2.Make sure a small form, I learned that.

Try it and see.
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Location : Dear Gravity, you've held me down in this starless city.

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:30 pm

I'm not sure. I actually have some trouble keeping rps alive, to tell the truth. ThunderClan is the longest rp I've had, I think. But honestly, if I've answered this question before and it did'nt help, I don't know what else to say. But don't give up! It has nothing against you! ;D
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:08 pm

Vixen wrote:
1. Try making an easy plot at first, including everyone.

Most of my RPs have easy plots and STILL no one joins.

Vixen wrote:
2.Make sure a small form, I learned that.

Won't that drive people away?
Back to top Go down
Becca!
One Special Member!

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:25 pm

Okay...

-Tralalalalala-

I am going to pretend that you aren't acting like you think that no one is paying attention to you!

Silly little Khalamari! I personally love the ideas of your RPs, because you don't take those little silly one-liners that have terrible punctuation and such. They also seem a bit Elite, which I also love.

One problem deary, I am not big on animal RPs, as in warriors, wolves, and such. I would much rather work with humans, so much more to do with them. Trust me though, I think you're drawings and role-play ideas are amazing, don't fret, it took me time to get into the work of RPC and have people join my Rps.

Ahhh, Small forms. Do they turn people away?; Or bring them in?
I personally like long forms, if you don't use pictures and actually use imagionation for desciptions and personalities you can usually relate to a character more. Besides the fact that small forms annoy the butterflies outta me, I think they influence a shorter post and improper grammer and such. Just me though, don't fret and keep trying Khalamari. I will surely join any of your RPs if they interest me. (:
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:22 pm

^That's the problem with us. We don't do human RPs that much. We're pretty much misanthropic.

I have easy plots as well, but I find short forms to be annoying. If your character has a tweak, such as in their appearance, you would need a history to describe it sometimes. And we need an appearance and personality section, to make sure there aren't any Mary-Sues! And name and gender, and sometimes rank are essential as well. So it's hard to avoid short forms. Or I could just leave History out and add an Other section...

It's really weird, because whenever I think I have a really good idea, I spend hours on it, and either no one joins or, if it needs to be approved first, it's rejected. Mainly because it doesn't explain the plot enough. Isn't the point of RPing to find things out and interact with things? I even add a bit extra, and they still think it's not enough. What should I do?
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 11:43 am

Hey Khalamari, sometimes it takes a while to really get noticed on the site. Try spending some time on other people's RP's to get ideas of what's popular, and so people get to know you better. When people RP with you and know your style, they'll be more likely to join your RP.
Just a suggestion. Hope it helps! -.^
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 2:09 pm

I hope it helps too x)
Back to top Go down
Mistyy
One Special Member!
Mistyy

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 2:59 pm

Ooo, intros help! And colors, big letters, varietys, interesting subjects, thats what I do. A catchy name is good, too! I have done some simple stuff, Cherry Blossom HighSchool(My fave kind of tree), my somewhat scary RPs like Dark Forest Pack and Dark Forest Clan(those died, but after a while!), and, one of my faves, my castle RP in french. Just the name was french, and ppl liked trying to guess what it means. It was Amour de something somthing,lol, and it meant Love of Our Lives!

Those are my tips.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 4:25 pm

All right, I added color, is it better now?
Back to top Go down
Mistyy
One Special Member!
Mistyy

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 7:20 pm

where is itt???
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 7:59 pm

Whoops, thought I linked to it.

here
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 8:38 am

WEll, I prefer small forms and animals, pretty much. My time is limited here on RPC.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:37 am

We're asking if our RPs are better than last time, not for people's opinions... I want what I can improve on, not what people like...
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:47 am

Dawnfrost, I looked at your rp thread! ^^

It looks a lot better, but still a few more things. By adding color, we don't mean add a random color to a random word. It actually gets kinda annoying, reading a multicolor-sentence XD

Change the font style, perhaps? Maybe make all of the font one color, or divided it into sections of color? Otherwise I love it :'D
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 11:24 am

I use color to emphasize the words. Should I change that?
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:02 am

I think so. If you need emphasis, put them in bold or italisize them. It just makes it harder to focus on the content when your focusing on the 10 different colors XD Sounds dumb, but think about it.-*
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:08 pm

All right... I made it just the default color and white. Better? Anything else I could improve on?
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:26 pm

People, none of this solves why my art threads don't get any requests at all.
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:04 pm

I love your art Khalamari, but I just don't knoe enough about pokemon and yugio to order.

I do have one thing, though, try NOT linking pictures, and actully showing them.
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:49 pm

I'll check it out, Dawn.

As for Kalamari, I don't know, okay? It's not like I can just snap my fingers and tell people to order. Everyone has their niche on here, you guys will just have to find yours still. I'm sorry XD
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:58 pm

@Vixen: There IS no yugioh in my art thread...

@Hollypool: Yeah, I know, I'm impatient xD
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:10 pm

xD Sorry. See? I can't even tell the differents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is it my style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it my style?   Is it my style? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it my style?
Page 1 of 1