RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story Empty
PostSubject: The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story   The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 5:53 pm

(Yeah, so, this takes place after my deviant story. If you want to read the first 3 parts of my deviant story, just go to deviant art dot com. I am Sockymonkey there, and my story has the tag Sockymonkey on all the parts. At least, it should. It's called Eclipse, and it is NOT copying the title of the soon-to-come-out Power of Three book!! So, anyway...here it is! Will be adding more parts later...even if you guys don't like it! :twisted: Nanook, I hope you don't mind me using Finchpaw!)

Dawn

Finchpaw padded out of the apprentice den, yawning. His sister Yarrowpaw was right behind him, her calico pelt rippling in the warm sunlight. Her brother turned around, grinning, as his left paw, white as snow, flashed out and batted her ears. Bewildered, her eyes stretched wide, yellow-green pools of surprise. "What was that for?" she mewed. The yellow, orange-striped apprentice winked. "For snoring like a badger in leaf-bare," he teased. Yarrowpaw opened her mouth, her tail lashing.
"I do not!" she protested.
"Sure you did," Finchpaw replied, padding over to his mentor, Cherryfur. "That's why I stuffed my ears with moss." He twitched his ears, and a bit of moss fell out. "See?"

Cherryfur smiled warmly. "Well, Finchpaw, if you aren't to deaf to hear me, are you up for hunting?" Her apprentice widened his blue eyes. "When am I not?" he retorted, and waved his tail. His silver tabby mentor narrowed her yellow eyes challengingly. "Then catch more prey than me, and I'll give you another assessment. I know how much you love those." Finchpaw's eyes were twinkling blue slits. "Bring it on," he meowed confidently.

--- Late morning
Finchpaw's catches were in a pile, next to Cherryfur's. "Well done," she purred. Yarrowpaw wiggled her whiskers. "Save some for me to hunt!" she mewed. "Just because Dovestreak has a sore paw doesn't mean I can't hunt with... Briarpaw."

She sighed dreamily. Briarpaw was a black and white apprentice, with amber eyes. Yarrowpaw thought he was the best tom in the world. Finchpaw snorted. "Yeah, yeah, just tell us who won." Cherryfur nodded, wrapping her silvery tail around her paws. Yarrowpaw rolled her eyes, padding over to count the prey each cat caught.

"...five...six...seven. Cherryfur has seven, to your five, Finchpaw. She won!" Yarrowpaw declared. Finchpaw flattened his ears. "Mouse dung!" he complained. "I just didn't want to hunt too much, because then I would've hurt Cherryfur's feelings, and I didn't want the forest to run out of prey." Finchpaw lifted his chin. "A noble cause, I believe." Yarrowpaw laughed; Dovestreak hobbled out of the medicine cat den. "What's all this?" the warrior asked. Cherryfur sniffed. "Aren't you supposed to be in the medicine den, so that Cloudwhisper can take care of you?" Cloudwhisper was DawnClan's medicine cat.
"Ah, Cloudwhisper can't keep me caged in there."
"Yes, she can. Cloudwhisper?"
The medicine cat looked up from the fresh-kill pile. "Yes? ...Oh! Dovestreak! You're staying in the medicine den until your sore pad is better!"

--- Afternoon

Briarpaw took a rabbit from the fresh-kill pile. "Want to share?" he asked Yarrowpaw. She flushed hot, as she noticed Finchpaw watching through narrowed eyes. "Um, sure," she answered. Finchpaw padded over, protective of his younger sister. "What's going on?" he meowed loudly. "Briarpaw, Yarrowpaw, mind if I squeeze in between you two?"
"Well, actually, we were just about to--" The calico she-cat huffed.
"Oh--Yarrowpaw, it's fine. Maybe later." Briarpaw blinked.
"Good." Finchpaw looked satisfied. Yarrowpaw scowled at him. Why did he always try to intervene? She really did like Briarpaw! Finchpaw stared icily back at her.

--- Evening

Finchpaw curled in his nest, listening to the steady breathing of Briarpaw and Yarrowpaw, who were sleeping side by side, their fur almost touching. He sighed. His little sister always thought he was trying to stop her, but he was just protecting her! She hardly knew Briarpaw, who had been apprenticed to Badgerpelt when they were five moons old. And yet she "knew" she liked him. The yellow tom tucked his tail so that the tip of it tickled his brown nose. Why had this day been so dramatic? Strange. A contest, then Briarpaw! He listened to the rumble of thunder, and then the pitter-patter of rain, like mouse feet, apon the the leaves and camp of DawnClan. It seemed like this moon...was the moon of storms. And as a flash of blue lightning, as bright as his eyes, burst through the dark sky, Finchpaw was lulled to sleep by the storm...

(Okay, not my BEST story...but I'll make it better, I promise. If you want a certain character included, just tell me his/her name.)
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story   The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 5:58 pm

((Could you add Skykit?))
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story   The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:33 am

((It's fine that you use Finchpaw! off to go see the first 3 parts of the story!))
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story   The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:35 am

(Sure, Suburb. Is Skykit going to be med. cat apprentice, or what? Just fill me in. Like, make a form with his/her personality, rank, description, and yadah yadah.)
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story   The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:06 pm

COOL!!
Back to top Go down
Jєt
One Special Member!
Jєt

PostSubject: Re: The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story   The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:17 pm

Neato =)
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story   The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 12:16 am

I think its a great story.
Thanks for sharing. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story   The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Moon of Storms - A Warrior's Story
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPcentral Forum :: RPC Artist's Corner :: RPC Library-
Jump to: