RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jєt
One Special Member!
Jєt

The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly] Empty
PostSubject: The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly]   The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 11:49 pm

You knew this was coming.

*The Deadly Truth: Short Story Version*
©️Jet

A sense of betrayal, some say, can still be felt long after the betrayed have gone away.
That’s what it felt like to be living here. In this house specters danced along the walls, shadows came and went without a keeper, and visions haunted me nightly. Sometimes I would lay in my bed, frozen, too afraid to call out. Hallucinating, I was not. It seemed all too real.
---
Chapter One: Basement
“I thought moving to Montana would be great. You know, enjoying the outdoors, meeting new people, a fresh start,” I said bitterly, running my fingers through my thick, golden hair. Something I always did when I was angry- it calmed me down.
“Isn’t it?” prodded my newest friend, Sophia.
I snorted. “No. I was way off.”
Distraught, Sophia shook her head. “Whatever…” she muttered. I smiled, Sophia could get me. Even though we hadn’t known each other for that long it was clear that we were meant to be friends- a match made in heaven. Truthfully, I enjoyed her company. Sophia with her curly brown hair, golden eyes, and clever attitude; sometimes I wondered if she was going to be an actress, she was gorgeous for her age.
Finally, after what seemed like ages, I jumped off the rusty swing set and turned around to face her.
“Let’s go back inside,” I suggested, breaking the silence.
Sophia made a face. “You’re house is so…” she paused, obviously searching for the right word. “Creepy,” she finally said.
“Ha, like I haven’t met your brother,” I replied sarcastically. She was right though, my ‘new’ house wasn’t the kind that you would see in a real estate commercial. Sophia shrugged.
“I would rather live with a creepy person than in a creepy house,” she retorted.
Just drop it, I wanted to scream, but retained myself. Instead I laughed softly and began to retreat, leading the way inside.
~~~
As soon as I pulled back the screen door and stepped inside a chilling feeling came over me. Wearily, I brushed it off.
“What should we do?” I asked Sophia as she entered, slamming the screen behind her. I cringed- had I made her upset?
“Let’s go to the basement,” she offered, her eyes lighting up. I sighed with relief, she wasn’t mad, but then all the previous fear rushed back into me with the mention of the basement. I detested the place. Even with our PS2, Wii, and umpteen amounts of games it never felt like part of the house. It didn’t feel right; basically it was separate, a whole different universe. I searched for an excuse of not going, but failed to find a single one.
“Fine,” I grumbled, shuffling over to the wooden door and twisting the doorknob to reveal a set of carpeted stairs. What’s the worst that could happen, I thought.

Chapter Two: Departed
I descended down into our basement with Sophia following close behind.
"Well, what should we do?" I questioned. I wanted to add on, This was your idea anyways, but chose not to. My friend's eyes widened, and I rolled mine. She's thinking of a scheme... I thought.
"Let's explore," she finally decided.
"Er... or we could play a game..." I suggested weakly, hoping that she would agree. Sophia shook her head.
"C'mon, you owe me," she said jokingly.
I shrugged, the battle was lost.
"Where to?"
Sophia giggled in excitement and practically bounded around my basement, opening every door in sight. When it was all over she came back to me, frowning.
"Guest bedroom... storage... Your basement is boring."

"Oh darn."
She huffed, and grabbed my wrist, taking me over to a random door. After opening it, she pointed to a small square of wood on the floor.
"What's that?"
I shrugged for a second time. "I dunno... the crawl space?"

"Can we go down there?"
"I guess, but it's probably not the best-"

I didn't have a chance to finish my sentence as she had already opened it up and jumped inside. Sighing, I peered in to see what she planned to do in there.
But she was no where to be found.
"Sophia?" I called softly, expecting her to jump out at any moment and yell 'boo!'
Still, no answer.

Last edited by Plumєria on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jєt
One Special Member!
Jєt

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly]   The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:22 am

*Reserved*
Back to top Go down
Jєt
One Special Member!
Jєt

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly]   The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:23 am

*Reserved*
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly]   The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:58 am

Oh, sounds cool so far. I don't think it's a fail BTW, it's good!

Guy in movie theater: DON'T GO DOWN THERE! D8

lol.
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly]   The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:02 am

Super coolio. xD Even though I alreadyy new the first sentence. xD

C'est stupéfiant!
Back to top Go down
Jєt
One Special Member!
Jєt

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly]   The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 6:55 pm

xD I know, that's what I was thinking...
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly]   The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:27 pm

Awesome, Jet! SUSPENSEFULL. xD
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly]   The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:30 pm

Oooo, creepy crawlspace. *imagines the spiders* D:
But anyway, I loved it. Sure it was short, but it was cool.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly]   The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Deadly Truth [A short story by: Yours Truly]
Page 1 of 1