RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

***Winter Nights***

Go down 
+2
kieran c:
Violet Boopala(pirate)
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:04 pm

No problem!
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:05 am

Chapter Four----Alone, or maybe not...

Winterpaw wandered aimlessly back towards the forest, feeling sick. She passed several twoleg nests, several with kittypets sitting on their fences who meowed down to her, but she didn't answer. Her mother was gone and she felt horribly alone and lost. Suddenly, she remembered something her mother had said. "If ever something happens to me, go to Olivia. She'll take care of you." It was something Silverdream had said when she first introduced Winterpaw to the kittypet. Winterpaw felt slightly better. At least now she had a place to go. She hurried past the twoleg gardens, scenting the air and following the familiar woodland path. Finally, she found the right yard and hopped onto the fence. The old white cat was nowhere to be seen. "Olivia?" Winterpaw meowed softly, her tiny voice echoing in the empty space. "Olivia?" She tried, louder this time. A meow sounded inside. "Winterpaw? Is that you?" Olivia's broad face, with her round green eyes appeared in the window. "Olivia!" Winterpaw squeaked. Olivia disappeared from the window, and a short time later a twoleg opened the back door and let the kittypet out. Winterpaw crouched behind a protruding branch which hung over the fence until the twoleg was gone. Olivia hopped onto the fence. "Winterpaw! What are you doing here?" She asked in surprise.
"Well, mother always said that if anything happened, I should come here..." Winterpaw meowed softly, her voice barely audible. Olivia's round eyes grew even rounder. "Something's happened to Silverdream? Tell me everything!" She gasped. Quickly, Winterpaw related the day's events to Olivia. The old she-cat shook her head. "Well, normally I would bring you into my home for the twolegs to look after, but for you that's not an option. Come here." She meowed, hopping down into the garden. Winterpaw followed, wondering why living with her wasn't an option. Olivia paused by a strange wooden box that looked like a miniature version of the twoleg nest. "What is that?" Winterpaw gasped. "A doghouse. Many moons ago, when I was young, even younger than you, my twolegs had a dog and he slept out here in this house. But you see, he was old, and one day they took him away and came back without him. But the point is, he isn't using it anymore, and it will give you shelter from the wind and snow." Olivia meowed, looking into the shadows of the doghouse. Winterpaw had never met a dog, but even the stale scent that clung to the inside of the doghouse as she sniffed at it sent a shiver down her spine. Carefully, she padded in and sniffed it out. It was alright. It was dry and safe, and that was all the young cat was looking for at the moment. "I know someone who can help you, but it's a whole day's journey to his place, so we'll go tomorrow. Just stay out of sight and be careful Winterpaw, alright?" Olivia meowed. Winterpaw agreed and curled up in the back corner of the little wooden house. Cobwebs dangled from the ceiling and it smelled of mildew, but the tired little kitten fell asleep quickly in the merciful shadows.
Olivia padded back towards her den with a sense of dread forming a knot in her stomach. She was worried for what had become of Silverdream, but she was even more worried for the little cat sleeping in the old doghouse. The old cat shook her head, hoping she was doing the right thing by bringing her to Storm. Little did she know, she was bringing Winterpaw right to the place she had to be...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay I'm done with the chapter! *pant pant* This for some reason, took forever to think of even though very little happens in this chapter. I can't help but picture a little white kitten in a huge doghouse...isn't that a sweet yet sad little image? Anyway, enjoy! ^-^
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:10 am

AWESOME! =)
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 4:10 pm

Chapter five---A newfound friend

"Winterpaw? Winterpaw! Wake up!" Olivia meowed into the shadowy depths of the doghouse.
Winterpaw opened her ice blue eyes slowly and blinked against the bright light that shone from outside. Slowly her eyes adjusted and she saw the fluffy she-cat standing in the entrance. "Olivia?" Winterpaw mewed. "Yes, get up. It's time to go." Olivia meowed.
"Alright." Winterpaw mewed as she stood and stretched, arching her back and brushing her tail on the wooden roof of the doghouse. The white cat padded out and scented the air like she had always seen her mother, Silverdream, do when they left their den. "Hurry up. We don't have all day!" Olivia meowed, bounding over the twoleg fence out of the yard. Winterpaw followed her closely as she weaved through twolegplace, beneath twoleg monsters and past the dangerous fangs of dogs barking inside other gardens. Finally they got to an abandoned allyway which was shrouded in shadows. Far in the back was a cardboard box, battered by weather and tilting over. "Storm?" Olivia mewed into the darkness, taking a couple pawsteps inside. A rasping meow sounded inside the box.
"I've brought someone here for you to meet. I think she needs you." Olivia meowed, taking another pawstep. Winterpaw was fascinated by the entire situation, and stood rigidly outside the ally. Two amber eyes blinked in the shadows of the box. When they caught sight of Winterpaw, they flew open. "Winterkit?" The rasping mew asked. Winterpaw blinked in surprise. "Uh...it's Winterpaw." She mewed. A shuffling sounded inside the box as a toroiseshell tom scrambled out and bounded over to the two she-cats. The tom reeked of crowfood, and his pelt was ragged from neglect. "You know her Storm?" Olivia meowed as Storm sniffed Winterpaw. "Know her? I traveled with her and her mother! Of course, she was quite small at the time, she probably doesn't remember me." Storm meowed. Winterpaw twitched her ears. The tom's voice seemed familiar, and it stirred a long silent memory, like a mouse scrabbling under dried leaves. "Where is Silverdream?" Storm asked.
Winterpaw flinched as if this rough-looking cat had clawed her.
After Olivia related to Storm what had happened, his amber eyes gleamed with sorrow.
"That's awful. I hope..." He trailed off, shaking his head briskly. "Never mind. You need someone to train you Winterpaw." Storm meowed. "So you can call me by my real name."
Winterpaw blinked. "Storm isn't your real name?" She asked. Storm shook his head. "No, my real name is Junglestorm."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dun dun DUN! XD
You probably had already figured out who it was. But whatever.
This was kind of a short chapter, but I just needed to re-introduce him so I could get the story going on the trail I needed it on. The next chapter will be better! I promise!
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:39 pm

AWE-SOME! MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE! XDD Sowwy, me excited!
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:16 pm

MORE!!! MORE!!
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 8:59 pm

Chapter six---The Whole Story

Winterpaw was sitting beside Junglestorm. They were enjoying the last bits of the pigeons Winterpaw had caught. Olivia had gone home after Junglestorm promised he would take Winterpaw home. Winterpaw had no idea what he meant by 'home', but a knowing glance had passed between the two cats when Olivia had left. Junglestorm swiped his tongue around his jaws and stretched. As he arched his back and yawned, powerful claws sank into the soft dirt in front of him, and Winterpaw twitched her ears, thinking she wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a swift slash with those. "Well, are you ready to go?" The tortoiseshell tom mewed to Winterpaw. "Go?" Winterpaw asked, licking the remains of her meal off her whiskers. "Yes. Go. As in, away from this place." Junglestorm meowed, turning and beginning to pad away. Winterpaw leaped up and hurried along behind him, her white tail held high. The sunlight was rapidly fadeing, bathing the twoleg area in a soft orangey glow. "Where are we going?" Winterpaw asked, trying to keep up.
"Home." Junglestorm meowed simply. "Where's that?" Winterpaw asked, shaking a forepaw after stepping in a grimy puddle.
"Home is far from here. Hopefully it's the same home it used to be." Junglestorm sighed.
Winterpaw twitched her ears. "Uh..." She began.
"You still want to know. Didn't Silverdream tell you about your clan?" Junglestorm asked, slowing down a bit to allow the white she-cat a chance to catch up. Winterpaw shook her head. "She said she didn't like to talk about home. She said she was afraid she would never be able to go back." She mewed softly. Junglestorm sighed. "Then I guess it's up to me to tell you." He meowed. "Me and your mother used to live in a clan... MistClan. She was the leader's mate. His name, your father's name, was Lionclaw. In the clan there was a cat named Ratscar. He wanted to be leader.
Your mother had a litter before yours, in the greenleaf before, and they were killed by a fox, at least that's the story Ratscar fed us, after he supposedly 'found' their bodies in the forest. I could see right through the story, but your parents were blinded by their grief." Junglestorm paused as he hopped gracefully over a log, and Winterpaw followed. "But soon, in newleaf, your litter was born. You had two brothers, you know. Stonekit and Falconkit.
Anyway, that made Ratscar very angry, and he banded together his rogues along with some traitors from our own clan and attacked the camp. Four cats went for your den.
I tried to help, but even with Lionclaw and Silverdream fighting, they killed your brothers.
The rogues and Ratscar retreated into the forest, but Lionclaw knew they'd be back. He pleaded with me to take you and your mother, my sister, away from the clan to a safe place. So we left that very night. I got seperated from your mother at least six moons ago, during a battle. I told her to run and she sure did." Junglestorm shook his head and glanced at Winterpaw. They were still hurrying along, although Winterpaw seemed barely aware of the forest around her, her eyes wide as she tried to absorb all she was hearing. "I thought I had lost you two forever. I couldn't go back home to Lionclaw without you, he'd be devestated, and the clan would be lost to Ratscar. So I hid in that stinking ally, brooding and feeling sorry for myself. But now we can go home, and face Ratscar. You're old enough." Junglestorm meowed.
But Winterpaw wasn't so sure. Was she really ready?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooo, secrets revealed! Well, not really secrets, but surprises, maybe. xD
Now my hand is tired. Oh well. Anyway, yes I have had all this planned from the beginning. Are you surprised at all? :o <----This dude is!
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:01 pm

COOL!!
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:49 pm

Glad you enjoyed it. ;)

Chapter Seven---Traveling

Winterpaw stumbled over a thin twig on the forest floor. She had grown somewhat used to the brisk pace Junglestorm had set, and was prepared for the long day of travel. It was the morning of the third day of travel in fact, and Winterpaw was beginning to wonder when they'd reach 'home'. "Junglestorm?" Winterpaw meowed. "Yes?" He responded without looking at her. "When we get there, are we the only ones who will fight?" She asked, unable to keep the nervous tremble out of her voice. There was a long silence from Junglestorm. So long, Winterpaw was about to ask if he'd heard her when he responded at last.
"No. The clan will fight." He meowed. But he sounded uncertain. The tone of his voice made Winterpaw even more nervous, and she stumbled again. "Do you need to rest?" Junglestorm meowed. "Yeah, I think that would be good." Winterpaw sighed.
The two cats rested in the shadow of a fallen tree trunk. It was a clear, sunny, and warm day. Birdsong echoed through the forest and squirrels chattered in the trees. The warm scent of prey filled Winterpaw's senses, and she stood slowy from where she had been laying, and crept up towards a tangle of bramble where a robin was pecking about for seeds. But before she could pounce, a blur of tortoiseshell fur flashed at the edge of Winterpaw's sight, and caught the bird. "Hey! That was mine!" She gasped angrily as Junglestorm straightened up with the prey in his jaws. Letting it drop, he meowed to the white apprentice. "Your stalking was all wrong. Hasn't your mother taught you anything? We don't have time for hunting lessons right now, and we need prey. So I caught it for you." He meowed. The tom tossed the bird to Winterpaw, who snorted and stepped back. "I can hunt for myself!" She spat. "We don't have time for-" Junglestorm began, but Winterpaw had already stalked off into the forest. Junglestorm shook his head and padded over to the bird. He crouched beside it and began to eat, his eyes focused on the place where Winterpaw had dissappeared. "She'll be back." He mewed to himself. "When she gets hungry enough."

Not far away, Winterpaw padded as quietly as possible through the forest. The sounds of melting snow were everywhere, and every now and then snow would fall from the tall branches of the trees. Opening her mouth to scent the air, Winterpaw caught the fresh scent of a mouse. Creeping through the undergrowth, Winterpaw crept up on it. With a quick leap, she pounced. The mouse let out a loud squeak before she killed it with a quick bite.
Proudly, she carried her catch back to Junglestorm. "I hope that will hold you over for a while." He meowed as he licked the last remains of the robin off his paws. "Why?" Winterpaw asked, dropping the mouse. Junglestorm twitched his ears to indicate the forest around them. "Hear anything? I heard that thing squeal from here. Every piece of prey for miles will have caught on to our presence. We won't have any luck hunting for a while. Now eat. If we hurry we'll reach the rapids by nightfall." He meowed. "The rapids? Are they important?" Winterpaw asked, her anger forgotten. "Yes. Thay mean we are about to enter MistClan's territory. And also, some of my closest friends are there, hiding from Ratscar. We'll need their help." Junglestorm meowed.

Meh, not much happened this chapter. But I needed to fill their trip out a little, I could just be like, "And after several days of traveling, Winterpaw and Junglestorm reached MistClan territory." Well I could have, but it wouldn't have been nearly as interesting, now would it?
Plus you need some time to get to know Junglestorm a little better. Anyway, hope you all enjoy it! ^.^
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:04 pm

*chanting*

WE WANT MORE! WE WANT MORE! WE WANT MORE!
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:10 pm

^^ I agree with Blank! WE WANT MORE! xDD
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 11:54 am

Ha! Chanting. That struck me as funny for some reason. xD
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:45 pm

Chapter Eight---Home is where the heart is ((I'm running out of colors!))
Winterpaw kept pace with Junglestorm as they hurried along. The rushing of river water had been in their ears for a full day now, but the two cats were only just beginning to smell it. Quite suddenly, Junglestorm stopped. Winterpaw stumbled, surprised by the sudden stop.
"What is it?" She asked nervously, swiveling her ears to catch any sounds of an approaching enemy. "Do you see that lightning-struck tree?" Junglestorm asked softly. Winterpaw looked ahead. At the top of the hill ahead of them was a twisted, blackened tree, split down the middle and crippled from countless storms. "Yes." She mewed. "That is where MistClan territory begins." Junglestorm meowed. Winterpaw flicked her ears forwards in surprise. "Really?" She asked. Junglestorm nodded and padded on again. "The river is just down the hill. We'll find some of the loyal warriors there. I hope." He meowed. Winterpaw hurried after him. As they passed the tree, Winterpaw paused to scent it. The marker was old, obviously they hadn't been this way for a couple moons. Winterpaw noticed Junglestorm dissapearing into the tall grass and hurried after him again. The grass was over the two cats' shoulders and the lack of visibility made them both nervous. Then quite suddenly, the tall grass stopped to be replaced by soft dirt beside the wide river. "Wait here." Junglestorm meowed, nudging Winterpaw back into the shelter of the grass. He bounded to the edge of the river and carefully scented the air. Then he plunged into the water. He was able to wade through the shallows until he reached the middle, then he had to swim. Winterpaw watched anxiously from the shadows. When the tortoiseshell reached the opposite shore, a dark gray cat hurried over to meet him. Winterpaw tensed and felt her claws sink into the soft earth, but Junglestorm didn't seem bothered. In fact, the cats seemed happy to see each other. They approached each other with raised tails and meowed happily to each other, although Winterpaw was too far away to hear what they were saying. Then, two more cats, one black and white and the other a gray tabby, followed the first cat out to greet Junglestorm. Then, Junglestorm turned back to look over the water at Winterpaw. "Come on! It's alright for now!" He called. Winterpaw cautiously padded out to stand at the edge of the river. "Don't worry, you're a MistClan cat at heart. Your paws will know what to do." The dark gray cat called. Nervously, Winterpaw stepped out into the icy water. When she reached the middle of the river, she found the swimming was easy, and strode confidantly out onto the shore. After she shook off, Junglestorm padded over to stand beside her. "Winterpaw, these are my friends. And if Rainstorm is to be believed, some of the only loyal cats left." He meowed, nodding to the three cats. "Hello princess. I am Rainstorm. These two are Dawnwind and Ravensky." The dark gray tom meowed, flicking his tail to the tabby she-cat and black and white tom. Winterpaw blinked. She wasn't used to being called 'princess'. "Now come, it's time to meet your father." Junglestorm meowed, padding away with the three other cats, including Winterpaw, in tow.
They reached a place near a cliff with hollows in the wall of the cliff. Rainstorm hurried ahead into one, and a loud rustling came from inside. Junglestorm and the two other warriors dipped their heads respectfully when a massive golden tabby tom padded out. "Where is she?" He demanded. Junglestorm, Dawnwind, and Ravensky stepped aside. Winterpaw felt very small under the gaze of the massive tom. She suddenly realized that two other cats besides Rainstorm had come out of the hollow. One was black, the other was ginger and white. "Winterkit." The golden tom meowed. He padded forwards and sniffed her carefully. "It's really you! I don't believe it! You're really alive!" He gasped, his amber eyes sparkling with joy. "Then there is hope Lionclaw?" Asked the ginger and white she-cat. "Yes Doveheart. There is hope."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmm, that was a long chapter I guess. But you said you wanted more! I hope you guys enjoyed it! :)
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:16 pm

*Chanting continues*

WE WANT MORE! GIVE US MORE!

XD
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:20 pm

I SO AGREE WITH BLANK! *Chants* MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE! *President Comes* MORE! xDD
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:45 pm

Chapter nine---Ratscar

Winterpaw swallowed the last of her mouse she had been eating as she listened to the warriors around her. They were all gathered for their evening meal together. Lionclaw had suggested that since Winterpaw hadn't been around for all that had happened, the warriors should share their stories.
"My mate is with Ratscar. I wish he would come back to me." Doveheart mewed softly. She was a small ginger-and-white she-cat, and her suffering was obvious whenever anyone mentioned Ratscar. Winterpaw had spoken to her many times, and the poor she-cat was stricken when she heard about Silverdream's dissapearence. They had been best friends.
Winterpaw had learned much about her mother and father while she was with what was left of the clan, and she was more determined than ever before to stop Ratscar before he could ruin any more cats lives.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the terriory, a brown tabby tom was bounding up to the thin, scraggly-looking block tom. "Ratscar, she is here." He meowed simply. Ratscar, who had had his back to the new cat whipped around so suddenly the cats around him jumped. "She is here? Are you sure?" He hissed dangerously. The tabby nodded. "I saw it with my own eyes. She's with Junglestorm, they met some of the traitors and is probably in hiding with the rest of them." He reported. Ratscar hissed and began to pace. "She's here..." He growled. "Isn't that what you wanted?" A silver tabby she-cat mewed softly.
Ratscar narrowed his eyes and glared at her. "Yes, but I wanted to bring her here myself, like I brought you, Silverdream." He hissed. Silverdream opened her mouth to speak again but a nearby she-cat swiped her claws across the pretty tabby's face, silencing her. Ratscar turned away, growling deep in his throat. "We shall attack, and we will dystroy this threat to my rule once and for all!" He yowled to the gathered cats. They all yowled their agreement, causing a terrible noise that drifted on the cool evening breeze. But the noise didn't reach the loyal cats. They had finished their meal and were all sitting in little groups, meowing to each other and shareing tongues. The night seemed to be one of the most peaceful Winterpaw had seen for a long time. She was in a group with Junglestorm, Lionclaw, and Doveheart. They were all listening to a story Lionclaw was telling about his days as an apprentice when a young brown tom padded over. "Lionclaw?" He asked softly.
"Yes Talonpaw?" The golden tom asked. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but Nightfern has asked for you." The apprentice mewed. Lionclaw sighed and stood. He glanced over at Winterpaw. "Would you like to come? It would be a good chance for you to see some of the territory." He offered. Winterpaw nodded and stood up also. Junglestorm began to stand as well, but Lionclaw looked over at him. "Winterpaw will be okay with me." He meowed. Junglestorm nodded hesitantly and sat down again as the three cats hurried off.
After of hurrying along for a while, they came to a place where several boulders leaned against each other. On top of the tallest one sat a black cat. Lionclaw and Thrushpaw nimbly climbed up the rocks, but Winterpaw had a bit of trouble. She stumbled and slipped up the rocks, and her ears grew hot with embaressment when she saw Thrushpaw's eyes glittering with amusement. But Lionclaw took no notice. "Nightfern? You wanted to see me?" He asked the black she-cat. She turned, her icey blue eyes reflecting the moonlight. "The rogues are restless. I belive they are planning an attack." She meowed. Lionclaw looked over the land from the boulders to a clearing far away. Shadows moved restlessly over the ground there. It took Winterpaw a few moments to realize the shadows were cats. "Yes...I think you're right." Lionclaw meowed. "Yes...you are." A voice rasped behind them. The warriors turned with ferocious hisses to see Icesludge and several of the rogue warriors. Icesludge gave them no time to prepare, leaping forward with his warriors with ferocious yowls. Winterpaw, although she was reletively inexperianced in fighting, slashed and bit at everything that didn't have the MistClan scent that had already become familiar. But the other cats were used to days and nights of fighting and were more prepared to fend the rogues off. When Lionclaw, Nightfern, and the two apprentices had reduced the fighting cats by half, Lionclaw yowled to the apprentices. "There are cats headed for our camp! Go warn them!"
The two cats tore off across the moorland, feeling the weight of their resposibilities on their paws. And that night not even a cat from StarClan could have run any faster.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oooo...attacks. xD
I think I used this color already, but whatever. Also, if you want to use any of the cats names ((except Winterpaw)) for any RP's, just ask. ;)
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:34 pm

Is anyone even reading this anymore?
:(
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 8:32 pm

I still do!! I just don't post here very often. POST TEN! POST TEN! *chanting*
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 8:36 pm

POST! -Chanting As WELL- I read it! I READ THE ATTACK CHAPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:21 pm

Yay you guys are still here! :) Ten will be up soon. Still planning it. ;)
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:53 am

Yay! CAN'T WAIT! Niice siggy - BTW.
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:53 pm

Chapter Ten----Decisions

Winterpaw and Thrushpaw tore into camp, drawing the attention of every cat in the clearing.
"Winterpaw? What's going on?" Junglestorm asked, padding over. His fur was bristling and his eyes were wide with concern.
"Ratscar's rogues! They attacked us out in the territory and Lionclaw said they're coming here!" Thrushpaw gasped before Winterpaw could respnd. Gasps and fearful murmurs rippled through the cats who had come out of their dens. Junglestorm nodded, and turned to address what was left of the clan. "We cannot panic. We don't know where these cats are, but we must be ready. Violetshade, Lilyfrost, Falconcall and Moonfeather will guard outside the camp and alert us when the rogues appear. Whiteflower and Bouldershadow will guard the queens and their kits, and Flamepelt will help them. The rest of you will fight them from the moment they enter our camp!" He commanded. The cats he had assigned places to hurried about the little camp trying to get to where they needed to be. Winterpaw and Thrushpaw were told to stay near the center of the camp, and the ready warriors crowded around them, with Junglestorm and Raincloud at the front. Then came the silence.
The silence of the waiting cats was so heavy Winterpaw felt as if she couldn't breathe. Not even the sound of the wind in the trees broke it. It was as if the entire world was holding its breath as the enemy approached. Suddenly, a yowl broke out from the entrance to the camp. "They're here!" Violetshade called. Winterpaw tensed, hoping there wouldn't be too many of them. But as the cats broke into camp, her hopes were dashed. There was at least two cats for each warrior in MistClan. Winterpaw latched her teeth into the scruff of a dirty looking tabby. The cat yowled in pain and anger and twisted around to bite Winterpaw, but she avoided his snapping fangs. But then a cat leaped on Winterpaw's back and forced her to let go. The tabby ran off towards another warrior, and the cat who had lept on Winterpaw pinned her down. She felt his teeth sink into her shoulder and she hissed ferociously. Somehow finding the strength, she twisted around and knocked him off. The dark gray tom spat and disappeared into the crowd of fighting cats.
Spotting Thrushpaw and Doveheart battling back-to-back, Winterpaw started bounding over to them. But before she could reach them, a battle-scarred orange she-cat lept on her back.
Furious now, Winterpaw swung around and sank her fangs into the she-cat's leg. The cat screeched in pain and fury and lept a tail-length or so away from Winterpaw. But the rogue wasn't finished yet. Hissing and spitting, she lept at Winterpaw and knocked her over on her back. Hissing, Winterpaw scrabbled with unsheathed claws at her attacker's unprotected belly; opening several gashes. The she-cat screeched again and reared back, but this time she gave up and tore back into the forest. Winterpaw rushed over to Thrushpaw and Doveheart. "Winterpaw! There you are!" Thrushpaw gasped, shoving away a black and white cat. "I was trying to get to you." Winterpaw called over the noise of the battle.
"I was afraid they'd caught you!" Doveheart meowed from Winterpaw's other side. A white and gray tom leaped at them, and Thrushpaw sank his fangs into one shoulder, Doveheart got the other shoulder, and Winterpaw slashed at his face. Spitting with rage, the tom swung around and ran away along with several other wounded rogues.
After what seemed like forever, all three cats were nearly exhausted, but the battle raged on. Two black cats lept for Winterpaw, but Thrushpaw and Winterpaw sent them away, screeching anger and hatred. Then, Icesludge lept onto a boulder just inside the camp. Large gashes struck lines across his sides and shoulders, and he held one eye shut.
"RatClan! Retreat!" He yowled. The rogues began to break away from their battles and dive out of camp. MistClan made no attempts at stopping them. When they all left, followed painfully by Icesludge, the warriors of MistClan all stood quietly, panting and looking around at the damage to their home. The entrance had been trampled by the invading cats, and many of their little dens had also been dystroyed. but most importantly, three cats lay dead in the clearing. Winterpaw followed Thrushpaw to them. Lionclaw and Nightfern had returned during the fight, and were crouched beside the cats. Nightfern licked the fur of one, a white and orange tabby she-cat. "Sunfur..." She sighed miserably. Winterpaw dipped her head in sympathy to the cats who had lost their friends, even though she didn't know any of them. But suddenly, she glanced at the cat Lionclaw was crouched beside. A pang of sorrow pierced her heart like an icy claw. "Junglestorm?" She gasped, her voice barely more than a whisper. Lionclaw glanced up at his daughter, his eyes amber pools of grief and sorrow. Winterpaw stared dumbly at the fallen warrior, beginning to feel numb. But then a red mist of fury rose in her heart. "They killed him!" She spat. "This is their fault! We need to do something!" Her white tail lashed back and forth in fury, but her grief was making her feel more exhausted than ever before. Without another word, and without waiting for a response to her furious statements, she crouched beside Junglestorm and pressed her nose into his fur. Before very long, she was asleep.

Aww. Junglestorm. Sorry buddy. :( But if you remember, in the prologue, I mentioned that Silverdream and Junglestorm would never see each other again. And they didn't. So isn't that interesting? Not really. Oh well. :P
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:48 pm

PWNKINGSOME!!! Cha-pter Eleven! Chap-ter Eleven! *chants*
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:48 am

WOAH. SWEETNESS! CHAPPIE 11!! 11!! 11!!
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:50 pm

Glad you guys liked it. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

***Winter Nights***
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next