RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

***Winter Nights***

Go down 
+2
kieran c:
Violet Boopala(pirate)
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

***Winter Nights*** Empty
PostSubject: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:09 pm

Prologue

"Where is it?" A black tomcat hissed to another cat beside him. "We don't know sir, we've checked everywhere." The scraggly brown tom meowed, careful not to make eye contact. "You couldn't have checked everyewhere, or you would have found it, now wouldn't you?" The black tom meowed with frightning calm. "Well-" The brown tom began. "Silence!" The black tom spat. "You are useless Icesludge! You've let them escape! Again!" He growled.
"I'm sorry Ravenscar, we...we did all we could!" Icesludge whimpered. "But it wasn't good enough!" Ravenscar pointed out, his amber eyes narrowed to dangerously angry looking slits on his black face. "I'm sorry, we'll try harder next time...I promise!" Icesludge meowed, crouching down low in front of Ravenscar. Ravenscar examined Icesludge for a moment. "Alright, one more chance." He hissed before dissapearing out of the abandonded twoleg building.

Up in the wooden rafters, a gray tabby she-cat and a tortoiseshell tom crouched. "I think they're gone." The tom meowed. "Oh Junglestorm! I'm so afraid! What if-" The she-cat meowed, but Junglestorm's confident green gaze locked with her blue eyes. "Silverdream, you don't have to worry. We got this far, and we haven't lost her yet." He meowed, glancing down at the snow-white kit, barely more than newborn, laying at Silverdream's paws. Silverdream crouched and licked her white fur. "I can't help but be afraid for her, i'm her mother!" She mewed. Suddenly, Junglestorm tensed. His eyes locked on something behind Silverdream. "What?" She asked. "Silverdream, when I say now, jump down with Winterkit and run far away from here. Do you understand?" Junglestorm meowed. "What?" Silverdream meowed. "You heard me, are you ready?" "I guess." "Then go, NOW!" Junglestorm yowled.
Silverdream lept down with her kit in her jaws, and stole a glance up at the rafters where her best friend had been.
A dark shape was fighting viciously with him. "RUN SILVERDREAM! PROTECT HER!" Junglestorm's yowl rose into the dark. Silverdream tore away from there, the tiny kit mewling in protest. The two cats who had traveled together for moons were seperated, never to see each other again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay drama! This is just the prologue, obviously, so if you're a little confused, hold on, it will all make sense soon. Hopefully. So tell me what you think! Chapter one should be up sometime this week...
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:14 pm

WRITE MORE! It is amazing, awesome, GREAT!
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:16 pm

Thank you very much! *huggles* I'm planning the first chapter in my head right now...
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:18 pm

Yay! I like it.. Drama, mystery.. AND AWESOMENESS ALL IN ONE STORY! :D
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:50 pm

Chapter One---Mother and Daughter

"Winterkit, how about here?" Silverdream meowed. Winterkit peeked around a tree, then bounded up to her mother, her white pelt nearly making her invisible in the snowy forest.
She opened her tiny mouth to scent the air. "It smells bad." She commented. "That's because it's an old Fox den." Silverdream explained to her daughter. The silver tabby she-cat sniffed around the entrance. "But they're long gone now. This was probably their den a year or so ago. We'll be safe." She rubbed her cheek against the brush that surrounded the burrow. "How will I sleep with that smell in my nose all night?" Winterkit complained as she followed her mother inside. "You'll get used to it." Silverdream assured her. A grumbling sound echoed in the den, and Silverdream tensed, her ears pricked. She looked back at her little white kit in surprise. "I guess I'm hungry..." Winterkit smiled. "Well then," Silverdream smiled, nudging Winterkit deeper into the burrow. "I'll just have to go get us something to eat." As she left the burrow, Winterkit mewled after her. "Can't I come?" She asked.
Silverdream sighed. Her daughter asked the same question everytime she went out to hunt.
"No dear, you're too young." And with that, she disappeared into the snowy landscape.
Winterkit snorted. "Too young!" She hissed. "I'm always too young! When will I be old enough?" She grouched to a beetle crawling across the den floor, who really didn't care what a strange giant creature had to say.

Silverdream padded carefully through the forest, keeping all her senses alert for danger.
When she heard a rustling in the bushes beside her, she knew what it was immediately.
She creeped up to pear through the dry branches of the bush, and saw just what she expected. A mouse. She tensed her muscles and waited for the tiny creature to creep just close enough....Wham! She grabbed it in her claws, and it never knew what hit it.
She scraped earth and snow over the limp creature, and went on with her hunt.
"Who are you?" A voice hissed behind her. Silverdream whipped around, her fur bristleing and her claws sinking into the ground. There behind her stood a fluffly white she-cat with a pushed-in face. "Who are you?" She demanded of the strange cat. "I am Olivia! Master of this territory!" The fluffball spat, arching her back. Just then, Silverdream noticed a small red collar around her neck. "You're a kittypet!" She meowed in surprise. "And you are an intruder!" Olivia hissed angrily. "I do not fear kittypets!" Silverdream retorted.
"Really? Even with a kit with you?" Olivia asked, relaxing a bit. Silverdream was stunned. How did the kittypet know about Winterkit? "How did you?--" Silverdream began.
"I saw you with her, and I won't hurt cats with kits. So I won't hurt you or your kit if you don't hurt me, agreed?" Olivia meowed. Silverdream considered for a moment. A deal with a kittypet? "Agreed." She meowed. "Now get on with your hunt, I'd hate to see a kit starve." Olivia commanded before marching off into the forest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There you have it! Chapter one! I realized after a while that the chapter was getting a little lengthy, so I have to work on getting stuff done quickly I guess.
If you're wondering, Olivia is based on my aunt's cat, who is very cute and has a definate attitude. But poor Livi has feline leukimia, so she can't be around other cats.
Anyway, hope you enjoy!
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:00 am

AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:16 am

*tee hee* Again, thank you! :D
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:18 am

Welcome.. I really liked the prolouge and preface.. It just pulled me in and I am now hooked to it! :D
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:28 am

This is great! I have yet to read past the prologue, but I recommend making a new paragraph whenever a different person speaks. For example:

Instead of This:

Ravenpaw shook his head. "We haven't seen him." Firestar replied, "Well, you need to." Ravenpaw stomped in protest. "But we can't!"

Try this:

Ravenpaw shook his head. "We haven't seen him."

Firestar replied, "Well, you need to."

Ravenpaw stomped in protest. "But we can't!"

---

It makes it easier to read. ;)
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:20 pm

Well having a different paragraph for each cat's speech, makes it veeeery long, and so I'd rather not do it that way. But I'll work on making it clearer, okay?
Thanks for reading it though!
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:26 pm

Post more soon! I like it, no, I love it!
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 6:19 pm

Thanks for reading it you guys, ((you too Polar! XD)) I'll probably post more later tonight.
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 7:11 pm

Yay!! I'm so excited!!
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 7:57 pm

Chapter two---The Hunt

Darkness filled Silverdream's senses. She couldn't see, couldn't hear, even when she tried to speak her words were lost to the dark. Suddenly, a light burst out, revealing Junglestorm. "Junglestorm! You're alive!" She meowed happily. The tortoishell tom blinked slowly. He opened his mouth to speak, but as he did, a pair of evil red eyes appeared behind him. "Junglestorm!" Silverdream yowled. But her voice faded in the darkness, and a shadow swooped over Junglestorm, and the light, and plunged Silverdream back into darkness. "Junglestorm! Junglestorm come back!" She yowled despretely, but there was no reply. Suddenly, she heard Winterkit's voice. "Mother?" She mewed. Silverdream opened her eyes. She was back in their little den, with Winterkit standing a tail-length away, her blue eyes wide. "Mother? Are you okay?" She asked. Silverdream nodded, blinking sleep out of her eyes. "Yes, I'm okay. Just a bad dream." She assured the frightened kit. "Good, I was afraid you were sick!" Winterkit mewed, then added, "Was it scary?"
Silverdream sighed. "Yes...very scary..." She meowed. "What happened?" Winterkit asked.
Silverdream shook her head. "Nothing important. Go to sleep."
The next morning was bright and sunny, and the two cats had to blink against the bright light reflected off the fresh snow. "It snowed again!" Winterkit gasped, bounding out of the den and romping about. "Winterkit. Before you play, I have something to do for you." Silverdream meowed. Winterkit bounded back to her mother, tail held high. "Winterkit, from this moment, until you have earned your warrior name, you shall be known as Winterpaw." Silverdream announced to the forest, and to a bright red cardinal in the tree above.
"Really? I get to be an apprentice now?" Winterpaw gasped. Silverdream nodded. "Who will be my mentor?" Winterpaw asked. "I will of course." Silverdream smiled, licking Winterpaw's head between her ears.
After a long time hunting, or Silverdream hunting, and Winterpaw trying to learn, the two cats were heading back to their den, passing by Olivia's yard.
"Who goes there?" Olivia meowed, hopping onto her fence. "Good morning Olivia! Guess what? I'm an apprentice now!" Winterpaw meowed happily, dropping the mouse Silverdream had caught. Olivia smiled. "Good for you." She purred. "Keep an eye out for those rogues I told you about Silverdream." Olivia added, glanceing at Winterpaw's mother.
Silverdream nodded. "I'm sorry we don't have much time to talk now Olivia, we must get home." She meowed. The fluffy white cat nodded. "Of course, I won't keep you." And with that, she leapt down from her fence, back into her yard. But if Silverdream knew what was waiting for them along the way, she wouldn't have hurried. And if they hadn't have been carrying prey, they might have scented the danger.
As they approached the den, Silverdream smelled it first. She would have fought the danger any other time, but with Winterpaw there, she knew they had to get away. "Winterpaw?" Silverdream meowed, dropping her prey. Winterpaw dropped her prey as well. "What?" She asked. "Leave the prey, and follow me. Right. Now." Silverdream meowed tensely. Winterpaw nodded, and Silverdream took off the way they'd come, her daughter right behind.
Five cats tore from the forest behind them, hissing and spitting. They chased the cats towards twolegplace, past Olivia's house, and across thunderpaths. Winterpaw was terrified. They finally stopped, in an alleyway between two huge stone twoleg nests. It was blocked by a huge stone wall. Silverdream looked at it in horror. "We're trapped..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew, this is the longest chapter yet!
There's a bit of a cliffhanger there, but it was nessecary, trust me.
So there you are guys, hope it's as good as the last two installments!
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:00 pm

AHH!! Awesome! I LOVE IT! MORE MORE MORE! Did you mean.. 'apprentice name..' not warrior name?
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:15 pm

No. The line is, "until you have earned your warrior name", because she'll be Winterpaw until she becomes a warrior.
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:18 pm

Oh!.. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:39 pm

XD That's fine!
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 11:48 pm

Chapter three---Twists and a Change

Within a heartbeat, Winterpaw and Silverdream's pursuers had blocked off all possible escape routes. "So, we've finally found you Silverdream." The leading cat meowed, a brown and white tom. "Icesludge." Silverdream hissed. Icesludge smiled. "It's been quite a while your highness." Winterpaw blinked. Your highness? She looked at her mother. Why would he have called her that? "Unfourtunately, it is time for our little game to end. Ravenscar has grown quite impatient." Icesludge meowed. Silverdream narrowed her eyes. "I would never go back to SunClan while he is there!" She spat. Icesludge blinked. "But don't you even miss your mate? Poor Lionclaw has to rule the clan all alone!" He meowed with fake pity. "He knew I had to leave. It was his idea." Silverdream meowed.
Icesludge nodded. "Well, are you sure you won't come with us?" He asked. Silverdream snorted. "Like I'd ever follow a pack of traitors!" Icesludge stepped forwards until he was barely a mouse-length from Silverdream. "Then I have only one thing to say to you." He meowed with an icy calm. "And what is that?" Silverdream asked. "Long live the queen." He meowed. Then, all the cats who had followed him lept forwards, onto Silverdream.
"Run Winterpaw!" The silver she-cat yowled to her terrified daughter just before the cats overtook her. And Winterpaw did run. For a moment. Then she stopped and looked back. She couldn't see her mother, but she could hear her angry yowling and spitting from inside the mass of cats. And Winterpaw knew her mother wouldn't last long. So she ran, not far away, but towards them. She leaped into the air and landed right beside her mother in the group of hissing, biting, clawing cats. "Winterpaw!" Silverdream meowed in surprise when she saw the pure white pelt of the young cat in the fight. Icesludge waited until then to leap onto Silverdream, pinning her down under the cats. "Mother!" Winterpaw meowed. With Icesludge holding Silverdream down, the other cats turned their attention to Winterpaw. Claws tore her fur, fangs sank into her skin, and she was terrified. In a blind panic, she broke free and ran from the horrible attack. When her senses returned to her, she was farther away. She was just past Olivia's house. "Mother!" She meowed, and turned back, limping, to find her mother.
When she got there, the other cats were gone. Including Silverdream. Winterpaw scented the air, but caught no clue as to where they had gone. The scents outside the ally mingled with the twoleg scent. They were gone. And Winterpaw was alone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't have much to say about this one. I guess I kind of leave you wondering what happened to Silverdream huh? Good. XD
Hope you enjoy!
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:09 am

LOVED IT!! :D
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:32 am

Yay! ^-^
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:53 am

But, didn't you take Twists and a Change from Vix's RP?
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:40 am

uumm...yeah, about that Nightwolf. Please ask next time....it was really hard to come up with that part.>.<

But anyways...WOW! That story is a-m-a-z-i-n-g! Nice job!
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:34 am

MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:52 pm

Did I? I'm so sorry Vix! I didn't realize! :oops:
Sorry! *gives cookie*

But thanx for reading anyway guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ***Winter Nights***   ***Winter Nights*** I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

***Winter Nights***
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next