RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Um... GIMP help?!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Becca!
One Special Member!

Um... GIMP help?! Empty
PostSubject: Um... GIMP help?!   Um... GIMP help?! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:23 pm

Okay... So somehow I managed to delete all the default GIMP brushes and I have none to work with now... I am a bit freaked out because I can't add three new sets I downloaded either!
Back to top Go down
Becca!
One Special Member!

Um... GIMP help?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um... GIMP help?!   Um... GIMP help?! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:26 pm

AHA!! OMG, I got the downloaded ones to work... But now I have none of the default ones... Please help!
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Location : Dear Gravity, you've held me down in this starless city.

Um... GIMP help?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um... GIMP help?!   Um... GIMP help?! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:25 pm

Ehh.....I'm not sure how to re-download the orignals. Ive never deleted them xD
Sorry ><
Back to top Go down
Becca!
One Special Member!

Um... GIMP help?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um... GIMP help?!   Um... GIMP help?! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:30 pm

ROTFL, It's k... I can remake them!
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

Um... GIMP help?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um... GIMP help?!   Um... GIMP help?! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:56 pm

Then we are opposites :P I can't get any brushes to work for me :P
Back to top Go down
Becca!
One Special Member!

Um... GIMP help?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um... GIMP help?!   Um... GIMP help?! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:04 pm

Haha, I have no idea on how I got them to work. I just clicked some buttons and closed GIMP, then the buttons were there but the defaults weren't. Go figure!
Back to top Go down
Akeria
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Akeria

Um... GIMP help?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um... GIMP help?!   Um... GIMP help?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:38 am

To Get Brushes To Work (For Windows):

Okay, first things first, you need to go online and download the latest version of GIMP. I have 2.6 I think, but I'm not sure if there's a new one after that. When you're downloading it, it'll ask you where to put the folder for GIMP files, just for the sake of convenience, put it in the My Documents thing, or on the Desktop so you can access it easier.

Now that you've done that, what you can do.. is go to qbrushes.com (they have REALLY good brushes) and find a brush that you like, and download it. When you're downloading that, put it in the GIMP folder wherever you placed it. After that's finished, it gets a biit harder.

So, you go to where the file is that you just downloaded, it should be right there in the GIMP folder, and you double-click on it to open it. Something should pop up and say something about it being a zipped file, and it should give you some instruction about where the "unzip file" button is, depending on what kind of Windows you have. When you unzip it, there should either be one file and a folder, or a bunch of individual files that have picture of the brushes that you just downloaded. You're going to copy those, and then go back to the gimp folder. You'll see a folder labled "Brushes" which is where you put those individual files.

Now you can use those brushes in GIMP!
Back to top Go down
http://akeriasharing.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Um... GIMP help?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um... GIMP help?!   Um... GIMP help?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Um... GIMP help?!
Page 1 of 1