RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!

Go down 
+6
Jay
Ginger.
Peachfrost
1cheergirl12
Suburbia
Jєt
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jєt
One Special Member!
Jєt

The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! Empty
PostSubject: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:56 pm

Well the title explains it all. I might post some of the story that I'm working on here too, so check back often to see how it's coming along.

Ok since everyone wanted to hear it, here it is! It may need to be tweaked though...

:pkheart: The Gate :pkheart:
Prolouge

Chiwatchu padded along the cold, sandy banks of the Black Sea. He was shaking miserably and found it hard to resist to lay down. His charcoal black fur made him look like a mere shadow against the outline the moon spread across the sky. Suddenly he raised his proud muzzle to the West and howled to the skies. He sighed when there was no response. No, it couldn't be, I don't know why I keep trying to find that wolf... he thought. His searches for the mysterious white she-wolf in his dream had just been worthless tries. She didn't exist, she couldn't exist. But Chiwatchu had always felt something tugging him this way, evil or good. It was almost like something wanted him here. Then something else caught his memory, his stomach. If he didn't eat soon Chiwatchu wouldn't live to see the next sun. He lifted his head to taste the air, but didn't get the wonderful prey scent he was hoping for. The prey was running away, because now it knew that in large groups, it could kill all the predators in the world. Then suddenly Chiwatchu picked up a scent he thought he would never smell. Another wolf. "No," he thought aloud. "It can't be. They only made one of each predator on the Earth." Then Chiwatchu remembered the pair of Grizzlies he had ment up on the Rodurians (Rocky Mountains). He thought for a moment. Had Larina and Harja made a mistake, or did they want this? These questions flew through his mind, making him unaware of the pair of eyes watching him. The gods were shape-shifters, maybe it was one of them. But could they had wanted something else. That would explain the dreams. It is possible, Chiwatchu realized with a shudder. Then he saw it, a beautiful white she-wolf with amber eyes. Her paws seemed to skim the ground and she bounded torwards the forest. "Wait!" he howled, not thinking. No, that was stupid, I never should of done that! Then the white wolf turned and Chiwatchu watched her eyes widen is disbeleif. "Y-you're a wolf too?" she studdered. "Or has Harja come to visit me?" Chiwatchu hesitated, this was a real wolf, of his own kind, of his own blood. "I am no Harja, but I am Chiwatchu, and it amazes me of your existance." The she-wolf seemed mesmirized. "Well then..." she said thinking, "I'm Nixaline." Chiwatchu tried to read her expression but got nothing of it. "I have had dreams about you," Nixaline said to his surprise, and dread. "I dreamt that a charcoal wolf with powers as mighty as the sea would help me in balancing out Predator and Prey at The Gate."
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One: Larina

Larina looked down at the two new wolves. Her spirit rose as the moon climbed higher and higher into the sky, and for once, she felt complete. Harja and her had made a mistake, for they should of known that the scrawny little prey would figure out their fears soon enough. Now the burden was being placed on two real wolfs' shoulders, not her own. To make matters worse, they had just met each other. She felt a glimmer of hope that they would make it as she watched the two predators pad on, unaware of what they would face at The Gate, and what their destinies would be. She repeated the last few words of the strange propechy spoken to her, and only her alone. She had never told Harja.
But before there is love, a heart will be broken.
Larina looked over the mountains, and past the sandy plains, to the stars. Even she didn't know what they really were. Then something else alarmed her, another line of the propechy.
Beware of the Betrayer.
It haunted her everywhere, and she wondered who the Betrayer was.
Perhaps it was the world itself. She turned into a cream white wolf and slowly drifted downward torwards the unexpecting wolves.
~~~~~
"Hello," that was the voice Nixaline heard behind her. She jumped and turned around unaware of what she would see. "Larina?" Chiwatchu suddenly put in. Nixaline was surprised, the godess looked just like her. Creamy-white fur, lightning-quick paws. The only thing that was missing was her soft, amber eyes. Instead she displayed a silvery-blue that sent a shiver down her spine. "Yes, it is me," Larina spoke again. "For I have come with you a propechy, but you musn't tell anyone. Anyone." Larina closed her eyes, then began. As she spoke, Seekers jumped out of the shadows, their glittering coats making Nixaline blink. She watched as the Seekers paws floated above the ground, and they to joined in, lifting a chorus of howls throughout the night. But only Nixaline and Chiwatchu could hear them.
The clouds will be soaked in blood,
and the stars will rise.
For three suns the sky will be blakened into night.
And They will destroy what was made during the first light.
But Beware of the Betrayer,
because before there is love, a heart will be broken.
Suddenly a strange sleep overwhelmed her, and she too, joined in with the howls.
Then all that was left was the light of the moon.
It was shining so brightly Nixaline started to wonder if it was really the sun. She looked around, Larina and the Seekers had gone, now all that was left was Chiwatchu, her, and the stars. "Let's get a move on..." he growled. "I don't know what will face, but we better be ready." That was when Nixaline noticed how shadowy his pelt was. Almost black, but not quite. She also noticed his bright silvery-green eyes. How full of courage, and fear they were. "Right," she barked back. "We must get to the Gate before the prey realizes what is going on." She pawed the ground. "Well... what are we waiting for?" she asked puzzled by the silence. "Oh... just something. Er, nothing," Chiwatchu barked, then he shot off, running West. Nixaline shrugged and sped after him. Jumping about the grasslands, she spied a rabbit. The first real prey she had seen. But she didn't dare touch it, because now Nixaline knew how dangerous hunting could be. For a second she watched Chiwatchu look at it with hungry eyes, but the appearance of Larina seemed to energize them. The only question was, why didn't Harja show up? It confused her. Were the gods hiding something, something that they didn't want them to know?

Sorry that was such a short chapter, I will lengthen these!
~~~~

Chapter 2: The Evil One

"No, No, No, NO!" Kieldrah shouted at the hawk. "Yes, misstress, I'm sorry but, Nixaline and Chiwatchu have found each other." Kieldrah looked horrified. "Know the plan has been ruined, dont you see? When the prey siezed control, we could become the true Evil One and enslave all the animals." Her pale gray pelt didn't even react to the thick moonlight. Most animals thought she was dull, but they would all see. Kieldrah was no more than a dog, a huge, huge greyhound in fact. But most anything called her a preyhound, because she loved to kill. She bared her white teeth at the grassland. At least the birds are for me... she thought. It was hard being the only animal that was so.... so different. Nobody even knew what a hound was. That's why Kieldrah wanted the gate's power for herself. It wasn't even the Gate's power anyways, that was holding it. The real prize was the Lone Power, hidden somewhere inside the Gate.

That's all I got so far!

Last edited by Pumpkin_Pie on Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:39 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:43 am

Ohhhh, this'll be good!
Back to top Go down
1cheergirl12
RP Fanatic
RP Fanatic
1cheergirl12

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 1:44 pm

Oooh! I'd love for you to write a story!
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Location : Dear Gravity, you've held me down in this starless city.

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 3:41 pm

I love this, I might post a story too ^^
Back to top Go down
Ginger.
Original
Ginger.

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 5:52 pm

I love writing! I'm writing a Warriors book right now, But I'm only on chapter 2. ^^
Can't wait to see your stories!
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 5:55 pm

Me too im writing a book about Snowclan^^ I love to write storys. Im writing this story about a squirrel (theres a few puncuation errors) would any one want me to try to post a link.
Back to top Go down
Ginger.
Original
Ginger.

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 6:03 pm

I would! I <3 reading story's too..
Back to top Go down
( labbie! )
The Admins
( labbie! )

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 6:09 pm

Yeah, I'm making a story called: The Hunt for Balley Hunt. It has the old pic from my avvie, Kizura, as she tries to find the right pack. (Balley Hunt Pack)
Back to top Go down
http://www.lolwhiteandnerdyxoxo.tumblr.com
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 6:20 pm

Can you post you balley hunt pack and the warriors one you made puppyrock and sparkle.
Back to top Go down
1cheergirl12
RP Fanatic
RP Fanatic
1cheergirl12

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:11 pm

I might post a story too. It's not very good, but I enjoyed writing it. :) I'd love to see everyone elses!
Back to top Go down
Ginger.
Original
Ginger.

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:13 pm

Mien is very long.. And I wrote it in my note book thing! So I don't know.
Back to top Go down
1cheergirl12
RP Fanatic
RP Fanatic
1cheergirl12

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:15 pm

Mine is on a writing thing that came with my computer. It needs to be tweaked and have some stuff added. I wrote it maybe...2 years ago, so I need to update it with some new skills I've gained from RPs!
Back to top Go down
1cheergirl12
RP Fanatic
RP Fanatic
1cheergirl12

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:16 pm

And, I like long stories, so you should post it if you want to!
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:22 pm

My squirrel one is pretty long but its quick(lol)
Back to top Go down
1cheergirl12
RP Fanatic
RP Fanatic
1cheergirl12

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:22 pm

Squireel? Cool!
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:24 pm

yes I like it it needs some work though
Back to top Go down
Jєt
One Special Member!
Jєt

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:13 pm

Thanks!
I'm currently writing about the dawn of time when the two shapeshifting gods, Larina and Harja, only put one of each predator, shark, grizzly, wolf, etc, on the earth. But they also put lots of prey. Eventually the prey starts to take over, and dissapear mysteriously, but a young he-wolf named Chiwatchu finds a she-wolf name Nixaline. He is very surprised because he was supposed to be the only wolf. They soon realize that they must journey to the Raven's Gate to balance out predator and prey, and to revive the world out of the depths of confusion.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:20 pm

Wow I wanna read that when your done!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
1cheergirl12
RP Fanatic
RP Fanatic
1cheergirl12

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Oh. My. Gosh. Pumpkin! I REALLY want to read that story! The idea is more then amazing!
Back to top Go down
Starlight Kitsune
RP Addicted
RP Addicted
Starlight Kitsune

Location : Catching up on what I've missed in the past, like, two months. Again. So... much... CHANGE!

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:07 pm

I've been writing a Warriors book (I posted it on WI a while back...) a book about a trading card game I made up, and one about magic talking animals. Major writer's block on every one of 'em.

Gosh, I wanna read that story, too, Pumpkin. It makes me wish I thought of it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/cattails190/index.htm
( labbie! )
The Admins
( labbie! )

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:38 pm

Wow, I really think that's a GREAT idea Pumpkin! ^^
Back to top Go down
Ginger.
Original
Ginger.

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:44 pm

I agree! It sounds like a really good story!
Back to top Go down
Jєt
One Special Member!
Jєt

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:24 pm

Thanks guys! I'm was also writing about some wooly mamoths during the Ice Age, and I wanted to post a RP for it, but i didnt know where to post it!
Back to top Go down
Jєt
One Special Member!
Jєt

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 12:17 am

Here ya'll go... lmk what you think!

The Gate

Chiwatchu padded along the cold, sandy banks of the Black Sea. He was shaking miserably and found it hard to resist to lay down. His charcoal black fur made him look like a mere shadow against the outline the moon spread across the sky. Suddenly he raised his proud muzzle to the West and howled to the skies. He sighed when there was no response. No, it couldn't be, I don't know why I keep trying to find that wolf... he thought. His searches for the mysterious white she-wolf in his dream had just been worthless tries. She didn't exist, she couldn't exist. But Chiwatchu had always felt something tugging him this way, evil or good. It was almost like something wanted him here. Then something else caught his memory, his stomach. If he didn't eat soon Chiwatchu wouldn't live to see the next sun. He lifted his head to taste the air, but didn't get the wonderful prey scent he was hoping for. The prey was running away, because now it knew that in large groups, it could kill all the predators in the world. Then suddenly Chiwatchu picked up a scent he thought he would never smell. Another wolf. "No," he thought aloud. "It can't be. They only made one of each predator on the Earth." Then Chiwatchu remembered the pair of Grizzlies he had ment up on the Rodurians (Rocky Mountains). He thought for a moment. Had Larina and Harja made a mistake, or did they want this? These questions flew through his mind, making him unaware of the pair of eyes watching him. The gods were shape-shifters, maybe it was one of them. But could they could have wanted something else. That would explain the dreams. It was possible, Chiwatchu realized with a shudder. Then he saw it, a beautiful white she-wolf with amber eyes. Her paws seemed to skim the ground and she bounded torwards the forest. "Wait!" he howled, not thinking. No, that was stupid, I never should of done that! Then the white wolf turned and Chiwatchu watched her eyes widen is disbeleif. "Y-you're a wolf too?" she studdered. "Or has Harja come to visit me?" Chiwatchu hesitated, this was a real wolf, of his own kind, of his own blood. "I am no Harja, but I am Chiwatchu, and it amazes me of your existance." The she-wolf seemed mesmirized. "Well then..." she said thinking, "I'm Nixaline." Chiwatchu tried to read her expression but got nothing of it. "I have had dreams about you," Nixaline said to his surprise, and dread. "I dreamt that a charcoal wolf with powers as mighty as the sea would help me in balancing out Predator and Prey at The Gate."

Oh and that's only the prolouge!
Back to top Go down
( labbie! )
The Admins
( labbie! )

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 7:11 pm

Whoa...great job Pumpkin! I encourage you to keep writing! ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!   The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Writer's Loft- A chat for.... well, writers!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next