RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story? Empty
PostSubject: A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story?   A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 5:26 pm

Okay, what I'm going for here is what they have on Neopets.
Example:
~~~~~~~~(First author writes prologue)

```````````(Another author picks up the story where it left off)
^^^^^^^^(ANOTHER author picks up the story)
><?><>?<?><./,/.,(Another...)
*(&)#W^$% &#%(Another...)

And so on. Do you guiys think you can do it? Well, don't post to say you can. Post to continue the adventure! But PLEASE don't ramble.

The average "chapter" another author picks up should be atleast 3 good paragraphs. GOOD. So that people can read it and weep at its awesomeness.

I might come in at the next opportunity and start to write, but everyone who wants to SHOULD have a chance to write. And if this story is finished, well, let's hope I can start a new one!

Prologue: (It's really short, about my owl rp's charrie.)

Tyto folded his wings. "But father, why do we have to leave?" he inquired, shifting his weight on his talons. "Hush, not now," Alba hissed. Tyto's dark eyes glowed with innocence. "But...where is mother?" he cried. Alba sighed, taking his son's talons. "Please, Ty. Mother has gone to the...silent forest. Time for your first flying lesson!" He launched himself off of the branch, Tyto in his claws. Soon, Alba's son was flying skillfully, though he was still far too young to know how. Together they fleed the buring forest that once was their home. They landed on a short branch, catching their breath. Alba was breathing heavily. "Tyto...gather a group of owls," he rasped. "Come back here. Defend your birthplace from the evil ones who set it on fire..."
"Defend your birthplace from the evil ones who set it on fire." Tyto echoed.
"Yes," Alba nodded. "The smoke has hurt me. I will meet your mother soon. Keep my legacy alive..."

Alba sighed deeply, gave his helpless son one last loving gaze, then closed his eyes forever.
Tyto opened his beak, and the soundless cry of grief rang throughout the forest, though it was quiet. The young Barn Owl swore vengeance and to bring back an army of thousands to protect the beloved forest.

But to do that, the headstrong avenger would first befriend the trust of many on his way to prepare a flock to fight the evil ones who set it on fire....
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story?   A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 5:34 pm

I can Write!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story?   A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Well do it, hurry! :P
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story?   A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 5:47 pm

Tyto Sa on a branch listening to the sound of prey. When he saw another Owl, He hooted "Hello". The mysteries owl swooped down and sat on the branch next to Tyto, He Hooted back "Hello my name's Luna". Tyto Replied "Hello my name is Tyto"
"Good very good" Luna said. "I Was wondering if you would join me on my duty to fulfill" He hooted. "And what is that" Luna hooted.

"Well do you remember he great fire 6 Months ago?" Tyto Hooted
"Yes" Luna said Thinking very hard
"My father died in that fire and he asked me to protect this forest from the evil people who set this place on fire" Tyto replied
"Ok then yes I will join" Luna hooted
"Great now we need to find another owl to start are camp up with" Tyto Hooted

(Hope this was good :D )
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story?   A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 6:05 pm

((Thanks! Just remember puncuation! XD))
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story?   A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 6:05 pm

(Whoops)
Back to top Go down
Jєt
One Special Member!
Jєt

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story?   A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story? I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 10:29 pm

((I will add some!))

Luna nodded than looked to the night sky.
"What are you looking at?" Tyto asked.
"I think there's someone up there!" she protested.
Tyto looked up and his eyes widened. "A falcon, flying at night?" he asked Luna.
"I'n pretty sure..." she hooted.
~~~~~
In a matter of seconds a young, proud falcon was sitting by them. "If you want to know who I am, the name's Rodurian."
"Rodurian, that's a strange name," Luna said.
"Well, it's mine."

((Thats all I could think of!))
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story?   A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:27 am

((Love it!))
Back to top Go down
( labbie! )
The Admins
( labbie! )

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story?   A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 9:53 am

((Sorry to spam, but I'm reading the Guardians of Ga'Hoole right now! ^^))
Back to top Go down
http://www.lolwhiteandnerdyxoxo.tumblr.com
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story?   A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 10:51 am

((Cool, that's what I based it all on!!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story?   A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Challenge For All You Writers: Write a Taking-Turn Story?
Page 1 of 1