RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Rule on Locked Threads~

Go down 
+4
Peachfrost
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Ginger.
( labbie! )
8 posters
AuthorMessage
( labbie! )
The Admins
( labbie! )

New Rule on Locked Threads~ Empty
PostSubject: New Rule on Locked Threads~   New Rule on Locked Threads~ I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:01 pm

I have made a new rule, and a few announcements. I feel kinda weird just throwing them out there without talking to the other Moderators, so I'm going to ask for feedback on the announcements. ;)

About Locked threads, this isn't WI. So we can't get 1,000 posts very quickly, now can we? ^^ So, I'm going to put the post limit to locking to 750 at the LEAST. You can set a post limit to your RPs higher than that.

Another one, wow! Alot of our members have websites! So I was going to open a category of RPC where each forum is specifically for one website, and the threads inside are each for specific details on updates about the site. The My Wolf Site forum is for advertising, not updates. ;) Since I realize there'd be ALOT more forums, I'm only allowing 6, and any moderator automatically gets theres on a forum, since they serve our forum so nicely. ((Not that all you guys don't! We wouldn't be here without some of you guy's posts! :) I'm trying to not sound like the mods get to do all the good stuff. ^^"))

And by demand, an Other RPs section forum. I've seen people requesting for insects, meercats, very exotic ideas!

So, let me know what you guys think on this!
Stormie~

EDIT: Members can have their sites on a forum too, sorry for not saying that.

Last edited by Stormfeather on Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.lolwhiteandnerdyxoxo.tumblr.com
Ginger.
Original
Ginger.

PostSubject: Re: New Rule on Locked Threads~   New Rule on Locked Threads~ I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:10 pm

I like the website idea. ^^ And, I think that RPC would be good with insect RPs and other stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
( labbie! )
The Admins
( labbie! )

PostSubject: Re: New Rule on Locked Threads~   New Rule on Locked Threads~ I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:12 pm

Thanks!

Glad your on. :)
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: New Rule on Locked Threads~   New Rule on Locked Threads~ I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Awesome! You rule Sparkle/Stormy!!
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Location : Dear Gravity, you've held me down in this starless city.

PostSubject: Re: New Rule on Locked Threads~   New Rule on Locked Threads~ I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:27 pm

I'm back from my incredibly short vacation...pfft.
Anyways, this sounds awsome,even though I don't have my own site. (Or is it in the making?who knows...^^)
As for new sections...I have received requests for you to create a section for an animal to human or vise versa rps. Also, one before for a mammoth rp. Just for consideration. i think it would be nice to have a music section, also. I think I have told you about that before though ^^"
Back to top Go down
( labbie! )
The Admins
( labbie! )

PostSubject: Re: New Rule on Locked Threads~   New Rule on Locked Threads~ I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:37 pm

Thanks Socky. ^^

I'll have to make it then. The Other RPs is a definite, but the site sections and lcoked threads remain a mystery. XD
Back to top Go down
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

PostSubject: Re: New Rule on Locked Threads~   New Rule on Locked Threads~ I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:30 pm

Okay, I read all of the new rules, and I have one tiny question, once you lock a thread or delete it after 750 posts, do your posts disappear? Because I have all of my success on PD, and if that thread is deleted, will I be back to a RP beginner? I am a master and a show off! 👅 And I also think that my Pond Dust magic wolves should be near ended, but I would like to keep it up to 950 posts, sense then it would make more sense for a new part. Thank you!

Last edited by Varjak_Paw on Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changing the post)
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: New Rule on Locked Threads~   New Rule on Locked Threads~ I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:46 pm

I don't really like the idea with the whole site thing... I mean yes the mods are VERY speical to this website but think about it! You want WF to be very popular right? well some of the Non mod people (Like me) have sites too and they want them popukar like you want yours! So maybe you could break and make a Catergory just for Sites and then make forums for the diffrent subjects ^^
Warriors,Wolfs, RP, Webkinz, etc.

Sorry to be rude~

Nanook

PS: Bring on the Other RP section (Need it desprately!)

PSS: XD With the Other section Idea, you kow how you say that when someone asks in a poll would you like this RP idea and you said you would put it on as a forum under a catergory if it had 6 votes? Well I thought that if a RP type (Bug, Reptile, etc.) had more then 5 RP topics you would make a new forum and move all of those RP topics to that forum!
Back to top Go down
( labbie! )
The Admins
( labbie! )

PostSubject: Re: New Rule on Locked Threads~   New Rule on Locked Threads~ I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:47 pm

Yeah, that already happened. In June, we cleaned out the RP sections, and the total post count went down by nearly 2,000. So NO, we'll just lock it, and let it sink back down to the bottom of the page because no one replied. ;)

That's fine! You can do that, it's perfectly OK. ^^
Back to top Go down
( labbie! )
The Admins
( labbie! )

PostSubject: Re: New Rule on Locked Threads~   New Rule on Locked Threads~ I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:49 pm

And to Nanook- That's what I meant. The mods get automatic places for their sites there if they want, but members can have forums too! :)

And thanks for specifying each opinion! It's greatly appreciated. ^^
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: New Rule on Locked Threads~   New Rule on Locked Threads~ I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:56 pm

Stormfeather wrote:
And to Nanook- That's what I meant. The mods get automatic places for their sites there if they want, but members can have forums too! :)

And thanks for specifying each opinion! It's greatly appreciated. ^^

I thought you said only 6 sites could have a place...
Back to top Go down
( labbie! )
The Admins
( labbie! )

PostSubject: Re: New Rule on Locked Threads~   New Rule on Locked Threads~ I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:55 pm

Exactly. Imagine if everyone had a forum on here, it'd be alot of scrolling.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: New Rule on Locked Threads~   New Rule on Locked Threads~ I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Yeah...
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: New Rule on Locked Threads~   New Rule on Locked Threads~ I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:43 am

I like the Idea, Sparkie. When will you add the Other Rps topic?? and where??

~Tiger
Back to top Go down
( labbie! )
The Admins
( labbie! )

PostSubject: Re: New Rule on Locked Threads~   New Rule on Locked Threads~ I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:16 pm

It's been there for about 2 days now Tiger. xD
Thanks!

Nanook, is there something wrong about the idea? You can tell me, I don't bite! *Puts muzzle on mouth* JK. ^^
Back to top Go down
A Christmas Star
Role-Play Master
Role-Play Master
A Christmas Star

PostSubject: Re: New Rule on Locked Threads~   New Rule on Locked Threads~ I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 10:28 am

Good website idea =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.freerice.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Rule on Locked Threads~   New Rule on Locked Threads~ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Rule on Locked Threads~
Page 1 of 1