RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ

Go down 
+4
Jay
Rebecca
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Otterwhisker
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:56 pm

When I saw the Disney Fairies thing I was totally about to r'augh out r'oud in my post.

Then I saw the end of your post.

And then I looked at my stomach.

And I decided not to.
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:19 pm

xD, Good decision, Sock, good decision. I’m glad you held back, because you wouldn’t be laughing after I got through with you! ^_^ It’s okay though, because I admit I’m like five internally, I might be ____teen, but I’m five and still love Disney. xD

So... I was searching the Sims Spy and found this:
MySims fans will certainly have a lot to keep them busy in 2009. Following the publisher's reveal of MySims Party and MySims Racing in January, EA's Play label announced today that MySims Agents will ship for the Wii and DS worldwide this fall. GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 MySimsAgents226_embed
On the Wii, MySims Agents will play similarly to a traditional adventure game. Assuming the role of a MySims special agent, players attempt to unlock the mystery behind the nefarious doings of Morcubus, the leader of an underground crime syndicate. Players will be aided in their task by a variety of MySims characters as they perform detective work such as picking locks, hacking computers, and stalking persons of interest. MySims Agents also lets players plunder ancient ruins for antiquities with which to decorate their headquarters.
The DS edition of MySims Agents will feature a similar theme as its Wii counterpart, in which players must thwart the efforts of a ne'er-do-well who has been plundering ancient ruins in search of antiquities. Though EA did not delve into specifics of gameplay, the publisher did say that the DS game will offer 10 different minigames and a variety of interactions with MySims characters.
EA Play also confirmed today that MySims Racing will zip to the Wii and DS on June 16.
It was on GameStop. I can't wait! xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:27 pm

Kewl. :3 Don't go to GameStop much, akshully. My mom doesn't approooooove of it. DX

NOW MY LONG EXTENSIVE REVIEW FOR ANIMAL CROSSING:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:46 pm

LOLZ!

I have like no clue what to ask for for christmas, mostly because it's 3 MONTHS FROM NOW!
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:58 pm

Uh, I might rethink that Tinkerbell game (not making fun of it! XD).

Here's what IGN says in the closing comments:
"There isn't a terribly extensive amount of things to do in Neverland, and there's just not a lot of motivation to do them. The Animal Crossing approach of having the world change based on the time of year is great, but there needs to be more game embedded within it. For Animal Crossing players can customize and change their world with a lot of options. The only thing players can customize here is clothing, and the rest of the game is all about collecting materials with very little effort. The great art style and appeal of Tinker Bell as a character are sure to lure in girl gamers for a while, but there's isn't much keeping the from leaving Neverland and growing up."

And the Ratings:

7.5Presentation
The style of everything is well done and the idea of getting to explore and open Neverland in a lon linear adventure game is pretty cool.
7.5Graphics
Every fairy in the world is represented in full 3D and every one of them can change outfits depending on the seasons or events. The environments are beautifully done.
6.0Sound
Some decent music that changes from area to area, but a disappointing lack of voice work. This is based on a CG movie with a ton of voicework, why none here?
5.0Gameplay
When fetch quests are the main aspect of the gameplay, there's a problem. There's not a lot to do that isn't collecting a random item.
6.5Lasting Appeal
The achievment system is kind of cool and the changes in the game would be awesome if there was enough stuff to make me want to check back every day.
Mediocre
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:10 pm

And maybe not Marker man either ^^"

"Anyone who remembers Mario Paint on the Super Nintendo system knows painting or drawing on a game system is hard. But if done right though it could be tons of fun.

Marker Man Adventures tries to turn the stylus into a doodle pad and game but it misses the mark.

The story told is told by a brief intro animation. You are a stick figure playing with your stick figure dog 'doodles' when he goes missing.

So like any good pet owner you go off looking for your dog, you have to navigate through puzzles to find your missing dog.

The game starts off on the wrong foot by skipping any sort of tutorial. The game just plops you in the first puzzle with no idea what you can and can't do.

What you can do is draw basic geometric shapes, basically squares, triangles, and circles in various sizes. You can also draw straight lines.

That's pretty much it. While you can figure that much out with trial and error, until I read the instruction manual I had no idea that circles could be used to trap enemies, and that drawing shapes around Marker Man gives him special powers.

Also not mentioned is that you lose health with every shape you draw, which leads to a lot of quick deaths if your not paying attention. Every time you fall to far, touch an enemy or wander into a spike pit you take big time damage. If your health is too low you will burn through your three lives real quick. Markers you find around the level can replenish your life, but you also use them to activate your Marker Man powers.

This wouldn't be so bad if tight controls made it easy to navigate through the levels. But the controls are awful. Sometimes you can draw shapes no problem; other times you're drawing a line ten times and it just doesn't register. The game just seems to mock the user, turning oblongly drawn circles into triangles. This wouldn't be as big of a deal if every mis-drawn shape didn't sap away your life force.

Also the controls are uneven sometime jumping from platform to platform launches Marker Man into the air, and sometimes the feeble jump dooms you to a falling death. And sometimes you slide down a drawn line ramp, other times you don't. The game claims to be based on a physics engine, but it's more like a chaos engine, where the doing the same thing can result in two different outcomes.

It actually would have been easier to just leave out the jump and just rely on making shapes. triangle ramps to climb over obstacles, and straight line bridges to get over gaps. But I don't make them I just play them.

The other big issue is the difficulty. This game suffers from NES syndrome. Which means when you lose your three lives you have to do everything over again. For some games this works. For a puzzle game it's atrocious. You die on level six, and had to redo the first six levels again to try and reach puzzle seven. The puzzles don't get any better, the fifth, tenth, or twentith time you have to play them.

You would think you would get better at not dying as you make your way through the puzzle the zillionth time, but the poor controls could have you accidently walking off a ledge and taking enough damage to turn your stick figure man into a stick figure ghost.

Also working against you is the fact that you don't know who the enemies are. Some enemies easy to spot. The giant duck thing with chompy teeth coming at you, no problem circle that bad boy and move on. I was shocked, however, by the deadly birthday cake. Who knew something so cute looking could be so deadly? I learned the hard way and was sent back to level one. Then there is the doodle eating house that looks exactly like every other house in the back ground. I got gobbled and was one step closer to being sent back to level one.

While Marker Man Adventures is a puzzle game, the real puzzle is why this game was shipped with all of these problems. The idea of drawing shapes to get a doodle from one side of a level to the other sounds good, but with this final product this is one game they never should have gotten off the drawing board.

Final Game Guy Review D-"
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:57 pm

Wow... xD, thanks Otter! I'm glad you told me that. Now those two are marked off, I took a couple of the others off too, so now it's just:

Nintendo DSi Console white - 169.99
18 in 1 starter kit white (Nintendo DSi) - 34.99
Professor Layton and the Curious Village - 29.99
Professor Layton and The Diabolical Box - 29.99
Scribblenauts - 29.99
MySims Agent - 29.99

I pretty much have heard good reviews on everything on the list, but if any of you guys have another game you love, can you tell me it with a review? It'd be tons of help! Thanks again Otter! xD
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:20 pm

OOH, SNAP. THOSE GAMES JUST GOT PWNED.

Since you seem to like humanoid games like detectives and spies, I found this game. :3

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 Review
Hotel Dusk weaves an absorbing noir-style mystery with traditional adventure game elements and stylish presentation and does it all with a deft touch.

The Good
Classic detective noir storyline that's both clever and thoughtful Character graphics are sharp and uniquely styled Puzzle solving is generally quite logical Top-notch dialogue.
The Bad
Protracted item/people-hunting situations periodically rear their ugly heads Story sometimes telegraphs its intentions Molasses-esque pacing will probably drive some people up the wall.

Something fishy is going on at the Hotel Dusk. A variety of shady characters have taken up residence in this sleepy, Southwestern hotel a few days before New Year's Eve in 1979. They are apparently unfamiliar with one another yet are seemingly bound together by one common trait--a dark secret of one sort or another. This is the premise of Nintendo and developer Cing's latest attempt at the adventure game genre on the DS. Cing is perhaps best known for 2005's Trace Memory, another DS adventure game and one of the more genuinely creative uses of the system's touch-screen technology. The same types of unique puzzle-solving mechanics that originated in Trace Memory are found in Hotel Dusk, but the focus here is more on the game's gritty detective noir storyline. This is less a game in some respects than a graphic novel with a number of interactive elements--and that's not a knock against it, either. This is hardly a dumb detective potboiler. This is an engrossing piece of crime fiction that keeps its hooks in you the whole way through, and it's because of this that the slow pace and focus on dialogue over puzzles aren't just forgivable--they're actually preferable.
Welcome to the Hotel Dusk. Bring your alibis.
The salty, alcoholic ex-detective at the center of Hotel Dusk's tale (because it just wouldn't be proper noir without a boozing ex-cop at the helm) is Kyle Hyde. Three years prior to the game's introduction, Hyde was an NYPD detective, working a case with his then partner, Brian Bradley. One night, Kyle gets a call that sends him chasing after Bradley (for reasons unbeknownst to the audience initially). Kyle catches up with Bradley on the docks near the Hudson River and shoots him, sending his body plummeting into the water. Bradley's body is never recovered, and Hyde is booted off the force. A nagging suspicion that Bradley is still alive eats away at Hyde's soul, so he takes up a job as a hired investigator. He's actually a door-to-door salesman, but his boss runs a little side venture, locating things for people who would rather not go to the police about such matters. On this fateful night in 1979, Hyde's job takes him to the Hotel Dusk, a ramshackle flophouse in the middle of Southwestern nowhere. He's tasked with finding a couple of left-behind items for a client but soon discovers that there's a greater, perhaps more sinister force at work within these walls--one that may lead him to his former partner's true fate.
In Hotel Dusk, you hold the DS sideways at all times, using the D pad or face buttons (depending on your dexterity) to advance the cutscenes and using the touch screen for nearly everything else. You lead Kyle around the map by tapping and dragging the stylus ahead of where you want him to go, and when you happen upon an item or person you want to examine, you simply tap an icon in the bottom left corner of the screen to make it happen. For the most part, the gameplay is relatively uncomplicated. When you find an area you want to search, you just tap around on highlighted items and investigate. Periodically you'll need to use certain collected items on hot spots in the environment or even use the DS itself to discover something hidden (for instance, closing the DS to flip an item from one side of the screen to the other to reveal a message on the back).
In these ways, the trappings of old-school adventure games are very much on display in Hotel Dusk (with a modern, DS-specific twist here and there). However, the focus of Hotel Dusk isn't on arcane puzzle solving. It's the story and characters that take center stage and drive the bulk of the experience. So much of the game is about simply walking around the hotel and talking to people. It becomes clear very early on that none of the hotel guests are exactly who they say they are, and a good chunk of the gameplay revolves around paying attention to the lies and half-truths people spit at you so that you can more effectively dig at the truth. Certain conversations will give you the option of multiple questions you can ask a person, and there are times when you can ask the wrong question. Wrong questions will confuse or alarm the interrogated character and will promptly end the game. Finding the right questions is key, and if you play your cards right, you'll discover critical information.
Everyone in the hotel has something to hide. Finding out what that is can be a tricky process.
One of the really neat things about Hotel Dusk is how the plot plays out. It's not often that you can praise fiction in games these days, but Hotel Dusk is a clever, stylish, well-spun detective novel hiding inside a DS cart. Hyde's drive to find his missing ex-partner seems a little forced initially, but as the game goes on and clues you in on more details about the mystery and conspiracy that ultimately led to Bradley's shooting, you find yourself getting sucked in. What's more, the characters that populate the hotel aren't just half-written caricatures, strictly designed to move the plot forward. These people have layers to them--legitimate character depth that shines through with each passing conversation. It helps that the dialogue is well written. Every character has a unique personality, and Hyde in particular is highly likable, despite his gruff, sardonic nature. You get exactly the right mix of to-the-point dialogue and stylish touches you'd expect in a piece of noir. There are times when Hyde's Sam Spade-isms will make you laugh, but it's not because they're stupid--it's because they're so perfect for the character and style of the game. You even get a few little detective-story in-jokes, including a moment or two when Hyde starts channeling Columbo to get to the truth.
Along with the characters, the mystery gets deeper and deeper as the game goes on. For a while, it even gets a bit silly. There are enough happenstances and extreme coincidences in this game to make Charles Dickens blush, but it never goes completely off the rails, and for that matter, the game ties everything together nicely in the end. It's not perfect, of course. There are times when the game telegraphs a revelation well before it comes, which leads you to want to shout angrily at your DS as Hyde continues to fumble around the plainly obvious truth. Additionally, the game occasionally gets bogged down with conversation. Very few of the game's exchanges are meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but even when a conversation is on point, it sometimes feels like it's going on longer than it should. You are basically reading line after line of text while this is going on. And doing nothing for several minutes at a time except hitting a button every few seconds to advance the dialogue can be a bit vexing.
There are also a few flaws within the exploratory elements of the game, though they're ones that have plagued most adventure games for the last decade or so. The story itself is quite linear. Sometimes you can discover an object long before you need it, but as far as event progression goes, what you should be doing next is almost always the most recent thing put in front of you. Early on you may not realize this and may find yourself trying to complete other objectives that have been introduced, but these will seem insurmountable because the required people are not around or the needed objects are oddly not working. Once you figure out the progression and flow of the game's chapter structure, you'll fall into the groove and rarely find yourself terribly confused.
It helps that the solutions for puzzles aren't often troublesome. All the puzzles are designed specifically with the realities of this hotel in mind, so you won't find yourself with any obscenely weird objectives or "tie the cell phone to the cat" moments, nor are you likely to find yourself glued to a walk-through for the bulk of the game. Furthermore, the game is quite good about keeping the next person you need to talk to or item you need to find within a relatively short distance of where you left off, so the amount of aimless wandering is manageable. And even when you do find yourself having to trek all over the place looking for the one thing that will advance the story, the fact remains that the hotel isn't that big, so it's not like you ever have to go far or have that many places to search. That Hotel Dusk mostly manages to avoid falling back on ridiculous item hunts and completely illogical puzzle solutions to progress is a godsend, simply because it lets the storytelling drive the game, and the gameplay rarely distracts you from the mystery.
On top of having a great story, logical puzzles, and engaging characters, Hotel Dusk has a terrific visual style. All the environments are done with typical in-color 3D, but the character designs are done with a starkly contrasting hand-drawn style of animation. It's a form of nearly colorless sketch design that makes all the people look like they just stepped out of A-Ha's "Take on Me" music video from 1985. It makes the characters look like they're in motion, even when they're sitting idle. It's such a weird and unique design choice that it ends up fitting perfectly with the overall style of the game. It's difficult to take your eyes off the characters while they're conversing--which is mildly problematic, since you often need to look below them to read the text dialogue.

There's a nice variety of puzzles to solve throughout the game, though they often take a backseat to the story and dialogue.
In this regard, having recorded speech might have been nice, though considering the sheer amount of dialogue contained in the game, it also probably would have been impossible to fit it all on a DS cart. Still, an occasional "hey" or "wait a second" voice sample to indicate specific starting points or tonal shifts in the dialogue would have been a nice touch. Lack of spoken dialogue aside, there isn't much else to the audio. The soundtrack consists of a number of jazzy tunes that often fit nicely with the mood of the situation, though the variety of songs isn't great, so the second you hear one song or another pop in, you know exactly what's coming.
Its few flaws notwithstanding, Hotel Dusk is a nice breath of fresh air for the adventure game genre. It proves that the old point-and-click (or, in this case, point-and-tap) adventure can still hold a bit of water in this day and age when the right amount of care is put into the craft. Hotel Dusk's storytelling is a significant cut above most handheld games, let alone most games in general, and that the puzzle solving and conversational elements play out so intriguingly is a big feather in the game's cap. Of course, Hotel Dusk isn't going to appeal to everyone--its plodding, actionless nature is certain to turn off those looking for more visceral entertainment. However, if the idea of a slow-burning, character-driven noir adventure sounds like it's up your alley, Hotel Dusk is too good to be passed up.

So...there you have it. Sounds like a pretty starred review, and your kind of video game. :P
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:17 pm

Whoa.... Socky, you are plain amazing, you can eat my soul and keep your innards, This sounds like the best game EVER! xD, I, wow, It's everything I love, snarky atitudes, half-drunk detectives, and humans, non-animals. xD I can't wait until Christmas now! I might have to get out my old DS and play a bunch of games to get my mind off this!
You're right, I do like human games, I'm not big on animals and stuff, the only thing I have close to that is Nintendogs, which I've almost completely mastered. I really like story-lines that keep you entertained and I like sitting down for hours on end reading and finishing a mystery. If I get one, I won't save it and sit it down until It's solved.
Thanks for this! I'm going to have so many games that my parent's will make me chose which ones I want. =-0 xD
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:38 pm

The DSI has an

ANIMATION PROGRAM???

I gotta get one.
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:19 pm

...Glad you like it. XD
Back to top Go down
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:20 pm

Hey guys1 I want Scribblenaughts NOW!
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:44 pm

I KNOW RIGHT?! :D *gives you imaginary interwebs fruitcake and Scribblenauts* *steals the "gh" from your post* You is not to be spelling mah game wrong plz. XD
Back to top Go down
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 10:00 pm

LOL1 I dunno! Me and Cloud would have so much fun writing random things! Like;
Magic Crackers
Warrior Cat
Wolf
And once I saw a screenshot of SPAGHETTI CAT!!
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 9:14 pm

There's this game called "Epic Mickey" and... well, here it a vid...

0.o But I am soooo getting it X3

Also, have you heard of the iSlate? It's a rumored new apple tablet/computer/"iPhone on steroids" thing. But it's basically confirmed and is supposedly getting unveiled on January 26 or 27 this year. Look at this site for updates.
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:12 am

I just got Scribblenauts a few days ago...I'm having a blast putting in random stuff to see what comes up.

Did you know you can do 'ceiling cat'? :o
And there's nothing more hilarious then giving a kid a hockey stick to break a pinata. At least I think so.
My fav thing you can do so far? 'Sea Serpent'! O.O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPcentral Forum :: RPcentral Community :: Off Topic-
Jump to: