RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ

Go down 
+4
Jay
Rebecca
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Otterwhisker
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ Empty
PostSubject: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:26 pm

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN TRANSFORMED SINCE THERE ARE TWO IDENTICAL ONES. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE PREVIOUS MODE, LOOK IN THE SPOILER BELOW.

Spoiler:

This is a thread all about gaming, whether it be a flash game on teh interwebs or a DS game or a PSP game or a Wii game...

So let the chatting begin!

GAMERZ NEWZ:
The Nintendo 3DS has been confirmed by Nintendo. It's the next DS that's gonna succeed the DSi XL. It's supposed to offer 3D effects without special glasses.
There's no pictures or anything, but here's an article.

Last edited by Otter's Fav Food on Thu May 27, 2010 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:33 pm

I posted it before you posted it. XD
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:00 pm

This thread has transformified! :D

So, has anyone gotten Scribblenauts?
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:04 pm

Lol I has X-box, Wii, and Nintendo DS Lite but I don't play them much anymore. DX

I have
Space Chimps for Wii
Wii Sports
Star Wars for Wii

Halo 2 for X-box
Call of Duty II and III for X-box
Star Wars Battlefront 2 for X-box
and other violent games

Animal Crossing for my DS
Nintendogs Chihuahua, Dalmatian, and Dachshund for my DS
Mario Kart for my DS
Spore for my DS (but I lost it. XD)

and

I want a DSi and Scribblenauts, both of which Otter has. XD So whenever we're over at each others' house and he has his DSi I mess around with it. :3
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:09 pm

Oh! Coolio!
I have:
A Nintendo Ds:
Nintendogs... xD

Yeah, I have more games, but none that you can sync... I'm begging for a DSi for Christmas.
Thanks for the info on the other thread Otter. Is there anything that's bad about it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:13 pm

Well, like I said, the lacking of a gameboy slot kinda stinks, but other than that... no, not really XD But you can only get on teh interwebs in places with internet connection (like those resturants that say "Free Wi-fi!" or just at your house or at a hotel or whatever.)
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:14 pm

I have a DS Lite which I never play, a Wii, and a PS3. I rarely 'game' though. I only really need the I-pod Touch that I got for my birthday. xD I admit that I enjoy the war games. (Yeah, I'm guilty. xD They're informational though.)
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:14 pm

And aren't there only like 15 or 20 game channels? XD I know that's alot, but some people have a TON of DS games so they'll have to go look through their room for the game they wanna play when their game slots are used up. >:3
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:15 pm

Well, that doesn't apply to you, Becca, or anyone here, I'm pretty sure. XD
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:20 pm

[color=white]Oh, that stinks. I don't have many Gameboy games, but that does stink a bit. Cool, so you have to enter a Wi-FI code? It doesn't automatically connect?[/color]
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:22 pm

Uhhh... game channels? You can't download games onto your DSi in place of game cartridges (well, not legally at least XD) The "channels" are for minigames you download from the DSi store with DSi points.

P.S. I posted this on my DSi :3
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:24 pm

Oh, and you only have to enter a wifi code if the internet connection is password protected (in which case you'd have to enter a password on the computer anyways).
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:29 pm

But I mean the thingamajig.

OHHHHHHHH

Sorry, I thought all those boxes on the home screen were like where you popped in a card and then saved it to your DSi and then you didn't have to use the card ever again. XD
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:35 am

There is an actual video game channel, but it sometimes plays Cops and Cheaters. It's called G4TV. Really cool.

I have a PS2 (will probably sell)
DS Lite (searching for)
Wii (looking for cables)

I preordered Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for DS! YESH!
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 12:09 pm

Lol. Well now I'm probably going to beg my parents for a DSi. And I predict they will say...

NO.

Ah well. :3
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 12:58 pm

My latest obsession is Scriblenauts. It's a game where you can type anything not copyrighted, alcoholic, or vulgar, and chances are it's in Scribblenauts. IGN gave it a 8.7, which is "great" and here's some text about it from the review:

Scribblenauts Review
This wholly original Nintendo DS game absolutely lives up to its ambition, even if it frustrates along the way.
by Craig Harris

September 15, 2009 - Very few, if any at all, US Nintendo DS developers have managed to generate the kind of buzz that 5th Cell has with Scribblenauts. When the game made its public debut at the Electronic Entertainment Expo earlier this year, the game hopped on a massive hype train because of its insanely ambitious concept. I mean, have you ever heard of a puzzle game that gives the player the ability to conjure up any object they can think of? That's exactly what Scribblenauts promises, and the developers fully deliver on that promise. If I reviewed this game on concept alone, it'd score a ten, easy: Scribblenauts is an incredibly versatile Nintendo DS experience. It's also extraordinarily unique, one of the very rare Nintendo DS games that just can't be compared to anything else on the market. But the package as a whole has a few quirks in it that has the unfortunate effect of putting unnecessary frustration into the experience. To enjoy Scribblenauts you'll have to put up with a few hindrances along the way: awkward control and behavior that's just too much to ignore.

But first, the fantastic: the core concept within Scribblenauts is something so ambitious that you'd have all the rights in the world to be a skeptic. The game is a 2D side-scrolling platform-like experience where the idea is to use any realworld object to solve the problem at hand. The designers encourage you to conjure up anything you can think of by typing or handwriting it on the touchscreen: as long as it's not a trademarked item (Twinkee, Pokemon, Superman), or an alcoholic beverage (beer, wine, whiskey), or a vulgar word, there's an outstanding chance that you can bring it up for use within Scribblenauts. The library is insanely vast and the first task you'll find yourself falling into is seeing if you can simply stump it and come up with words that aren't in the game. You can and you will -- as deep as the vocabulary is you won't find everything in Scribblenauts, but the fact of the matter is you actually have to try to stump it to stump it.

But much more important is that most of the items in Scribblenauts have behavior attached to it. If it's a vehicle, you can ride it. If it's an animal, you'll see it wander the level. If it's a food item, it can be eaten. If it's a weapon, you can attack people with it. If it's made out of wood, it can burn and float in water. If it's metal, it'll be heavy and sink. And so on. The designers keep the visuals to a simplistic cartoony level, most likely to save the sanity of the artists as well as to get everything to fit on a DS cartridge. It's a style that works and gives Scribblenauts its own unique look. Once you're done trying to stump the vocabulary, you'll easily find yourself losing hours seeing what happens when you drop multiple items in the same level. The game employs a physics engine so you can stack objects on top of each other or send them flying through the air by throwing them around the environment.

And after hours of tooling around, you realize, wait, there's actually a game to play! After a very handy and well implemented tutorial, you're faced with dozens upon dozens of challenges to solve, each requiring players to find and collect the level's "Starite" to finish the round. The early batch of levels are pretty basic and obviously designed to show players exactly how Scribblenauts plays out: give a chef something tasty, or a fireman something he can use. Then you get to the meat of the experience, challenges that are a lot more thought provoking: how do you exterminate ants without upsetting a hippie, or get rid of an infestation of rats in a multi-level room? And even when you've solved a puzzle you're encouraged to revisit levels and solve them in entirely different ways for additional points: until you solve a level three times, previously used words won't be allowed in that challenge.

Even when you've plowed through the main game, you're still not done. Scribblenauts has a basic level editor that allows for a decent amount of control for players to come up with their own challenges. You'll quickly realize that the tool given to the user isn't nearly as versatile as the tools used by Scribblenauts level designers so you won't be able to pull off the same types of levels that are built into the game. But you do have some freedom, and clever users can come up with some fun challenges if they put some time into it. And since the game supports the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection it's easy to put your creations online and download new ones, but you'll need to exchange Friend Codes with the individuals responsible. If you want to bypass that, you can simply trade levels locally without going on the Internet.

With all that said, Scribblenauts sounds like a fantastic experience, doesn't it? It sure is. Unfortunately, there's a big "but" involved. The Scribblenauts experience involves the game's player-controlled protagonist, Maxwell. While objects can be dropped into the world simply by typing them in, the only way they can be used by the player is if they give those objects to Maxwell. Need to dig a hole with a shovel? Give it to Maxwell and tell him to start digging. Need to drive a vehicle? Tell Maxwell to jump in and start the engine. You get the idea.

Now, if you had direct control over Maxwell using the D-pad and buttons everything would be great. Instead, you control the guy using taps on the touch screen. It's very much like commanding a squad in a real-time strategy game, and like in some RTS games occasionally your troops tend to do things on their own, even after you tell them to do something else.

So, while you can certainly tell Maxwell to run over to a spot in a level, or start digging with the shovel, or to get into the vehicle and drive, he's limited in movement and will do things that will gum up the works. He'll fall down gaps in the floor or trip over strategically positioned objects that he could have easily jumped. He'll run back and forth in front of a vehicle you want him to get inside. Even if you simply want him to take a single step to his left or right, it can be an ordeal because he'll clearly get confused in what you're asking him to do.

It's understandable why the developers give indirect touch-screen controls to Maxwell: constantly switching back and forth between touch screen for typing and object manipulation and D-pad for controlling Maxwell could get a little exhausting. But honestly, if it's going to be this bad, at least give us the option. Give me advanced controls and let me turn on D-pad control for Maxwell so I can get him to do exactly what I need him to do. Nothing's more irritating than to set up something hugely elaborate with multiple items in a level, only to have the guy "accidentally" screw up the plan by tripping over your hard work. And this happens far more often than I'm comfortable with experiencing.

It's something that almost kills a fantastic game. Many times when you get a design that's so incredibly fun and wonderfully executed you can turn a blind eye to some small issue. But Maxwell's control is no small issue: it's a hindrance that you have to deal with throughout the Scribblenauts experience.

Closing Comments
Even though I harp on the clunky controls, I'm still a huge Scribblenauts fan and fully believe that, even with Maxwell's awkwardness, this game is one of the top titles on the Nintendo DS platform. The game is enormous fun as an interactive toy, a sandbox for players to simply muck around outside of the normal progression, and the puzzles themselves can be challenging and encourage some wild thought processes. Scribblenauts has all the makings of a franchise and I will not be surprised at all to see it in sequel form sooner than later…and not just as a Nintendo DS game, either. Lets just hope that when that happens Maxwell gets a control upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:20 pm

Wow... 0.o... I WANT IT! xD, Is the little man really that bad to control Otter? It sounds uber fun, and I'm thinking for Christmas, I'm going to ask for a white DSi, One of the Wi-Fi gamer cards, and a couple games, including the Professor Laton series thing. The detective one? I'd really like to know more about those games, because I love detective/spy games that make you think. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:32 pm

Maybe I should make a christmas wish list topic...

I didn't read the reveiw. to lazy. And I probably won't get it anyway. If I were to ask for any game, it would probably b- *BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPP*

((That was not a censor. COmputar error. Must shut down))
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:14 pm

My brother has Scribblenauts. I got an F- in tolerance for that game. I tried to get rid of this rat thing for my brother in the game, I gave it poison and the Pizza Guy ate it. And I failed. Surprise? I think not. xD

Rebecca, the Professer Layton games are the bomb! I bought the first one, and it kept me entertained for at least a couple hours. That says a lot. I'm still working on it.
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Also, if you like animals, Sim Animals is another good game.

You are like a conversationalist and help animals. You unlock areas to work in--like a creek, abandoned barn, and meadow. There are set goals every time you unlock an area you must complete. When you have finished, even more animals will come and you will have unlocked the next area. There are also plants to grow, and though it's not realtime, it's still a lot of fun. You can invite animals like squirrels, bunnies, raccoons, assorted birds, badgers, hedgehogs, skunks, porcupines, foxes, deer, wolves, and bears. The art is better on the Wii, but it's 3D and gives a cute but semi-realistic edge to it. You can also tap over bodies of water to make a raincloud and bring it over plants to give them water or to make a log into a nice rotten place for the distasteful but necessary varmints. You can also MAKE WIND (XD) by tapping on things to blow acorns off a tree or knock it over and send an animal flying. Some animals may like it! If you have enough animals in an area, say, lots of bunnies (you know it's a possibility), they might make little bunnies. You can change their names. All of this is explained in a quick tutorial that enlightens you on how the controls work as well. As for its flaws, you still have to take care of an area after you unlock another, so it's hard once you have a bunch unlocked to keep everybody happy. Once that happens, you start failing pretty badly. XD In all, I give it 4 stars. -has searched on the internet for the star symbol ENDLESSLY-
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:41 pm

Wow. xD, Thanks guys! I'm glad Otter made this topic, it's really helpful, 'Cause I've got lots of questions! xD

So, my current Video Game Christmas list:
DSi - White
Professor Layton 1
Professor Layton 2
Scribblenauts
A DSi gamer card
Oh! And Sims Spies!

The last game, I saw a commmertial for, and I realllllly want it. xD, you can become a spy! Yay! xD
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:42 pm

☆ Lol you fail socky XD I just searched "star symbol code" on google... XD Oh, and Becca, it's a little bit frusturating, but it's not like that would keep me from luffing it. :3
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:44 pm

Yes, because this box you have posted looks just like a star.

YOU FAIL!
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Rebecca wrote:
Wow. xD, Thanks guys! I'm glad Otter made this topic, it's really helpful, 'Cause I've got lots of questions! xD

So, my current Video Game Christmas list:
DSi - White
Professor Layton 1
Professor Layton 2
Scribblenauts
A DSi gamer card
Oh! And Sims Spies!

The last game, I saw a commmertial for, and I realllllly want it. xD, you can become a spy! Yay! xD

LOL, I SHALL MAKE MY LIST

-DSi-black because I'm not racist like SOME PEOPLE, OTTER. XD
-Scribblenauts

And now I feel stupid. Otter, how'd you get the Flipnote animator and what is the gamer card? XD
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:25 pm

I got on the website, and it said the Gamer card was to buy games on their DSi game store, build in with the game... But I'm still not positive on what that is. xD

My New list:
Nintendo DSi Console white - 169.99
18 in 1 starter kit black (Nintendo DSi) - 34.99
Professor Layton and the Curious Village - 29.99
Professor Layton and The Diabolical Box - 29.99
Scribblenauts - 29.99
Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell - 19.99
Nintendogs: Lab & Friends - 29.99
Marker Man Adventures - 19.99
Chronicles of Mystery: Curse of the Ancient Temple - 19.99

Sims Spy - 29.99

These are all prices from Target, and if you even dare to give me crud about wanting the Disney Fairie game, you'll be hurting internally. >=D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ   GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GAMERZ- LET US GATHER PLZ
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPcentral Forum :: RPcentral Community :: Off Topic-
Jump to: