RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any ideas?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:20 pm

Well, as you know, Sabbath, my Ragamuffin cat, wants a brother! But I might get another breed for this well and gentle natured Meow Meow! So I want a cat that will lay with him in the shower in my mom's bathroom xDDD! So I was considering a Scottish Fold, or another Ragamuffin or his ancestor the Rag Doll

So if you have any ideas of breeds, please tell me.

What I want:
Gentle
Affectionate
Playful
Non-outdoors
No hunting skill at all like Sabbath.
Good with dogs
Fwuffy! (LOL!)

So yeah...that's about it!
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Location : Dear Gravity, you've held me down in this starless city.

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:19 pm

AWE! If I see anything I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:22 pm

I'll get a pic of my Meow Meow!I have old ones but he is tiny! xDDD
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:28 pm

I look for too!
Back to top Go down
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:53 pm

thanks!
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:13 pm

Ragdolls and Scottish Folds are affectionate and nice, so that's probably what you want, but don't forget about shelter cats! Some shelter cats could be half Ragdoll, half Scottish Fold, so you get the best of both. XD I'll check out more breeds. Also, search "Cats 101" on Youtube. They delve deep into cat breeds. XD
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Mistyy
One Special Member!
Mistyy

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 5:15 pm

I just wanna say that youknow it's not really healthy for a cat to be indoors all the time... Even if you do live in a town, like I do or like my dad did with his cat that died, it does make it sso they are.. bigger cats because they can only eat and sleep and walk around a bit. And even in town, cats definatly know how to find their way home, my cat leaves all the time, and she's only ever gone missing when she was hiding in the roof of my old house xD
I am not trying to be mean, I just want you to know that if you want a healthy cat, you shouldn't ALWAYS keep it indoors. Food that';s good for them, like Iams and Whiskis, are good too :3

Yes, I am very opinated about cats! But thats cuz I luvvs them!!
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 5:29 pm

Actually, in a sense, indoor only cats are healthier. They are not nearly as exposed to all those parasites and deseases, and of course, cats can defend themselves, but only to a point. So.

And my cat, Spook, was a wildcat when he was a kidden (xD) and we opened the door one day and he walked in :]
He is very healthy, and peculiarly larger than most cats (not fat wise, muscle and body size wise. His nose is even nearly an inch wide.)
But I just thought I'd get that out there. You do have a valid point, Misty. And some cats just don't like going outside, anyways. Take Spook's sister, for ex. We open the door for her, she plops down where she is and looks up at you like she did somthing wrong. XD
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:37 pm

PRECISELY. XD Cats are more exposed to disease and all that junk if they're outdoor cats. Indoor cats live longer, healthier, happier lives. If you were to adopt a cat from our shelter, you have to sign saying you won't make it an outdoor cat. But then, I do carry Tobias (my ungrateful adoptee) outside. I only do it every few months, and don't let him on the ground. Once my sister took him outside. He squirmed out of her arms, but instead of bolting and running away from home, he zipped straight to the door and clawed at it in terror, tail floofed out. XD But that's just my thought.
Back to top Go down
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:49 pm

I'm gonna get another Ragamuffin, I found Sabby at a shelter! It just took me a while to figure out what he was!

Sabbath- Black Raggy
(Future) Ozzy- Blue Raggy
Back to top Go down
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:52 pm

MistyRain wrote:
I just wanna say that youknow it's not really healthy for a cat to be indoors all the time... Even if you do live in a town, like I do or like my dad did with his cat that died, it does make it sso they are.. bigger cats because they can only eat and sleep and walk around a bit. And even in town, cats definatly know how to find their way home, my cat leaves all the time, and she's only ever gone missing when she was hiding in the roof of my old house xD
I am not trying to be mean, I just want you to know that if you want a healthy cat, you shouldn't ALWAYS keep it indoors. Food that';s good for them, like Iams and Whiskis, are good too :3

Yes, I am very opinated about cats! But thats cuz I luvvs them!!

the ragamuffin is a breed that cannot fight, once I brought him out in my arms to show our neighbor, and it was a 99* day and he was shaking. Scared. Sabbath has a stroller so he can go outside, he likes goin to the park. But his breed is not supposed to go out Mistie!

Last edited by ◊Sorren Fey◊ on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:55 pm

I agree with als! Sabbath doesn't really need any Revolution or anything since he does not go outside, his stroller is bug proof! And here in Texas, we have Coyotes and Hawks, snakes and deadly things like so! Sabbath doesn't go out anyway! One I woke up and the back door was wide open! All the way, Sabbath was just sitting in the door way glaring at the sun.
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:57 pm

THE MAINE COON

This enormous all-American cat has been in second place since 1992. Maine Coons are one of the biggest domestic breeds. Males average 12 to 18 pounds in weight and females are usually 10-14. They are hardy, gentle and loving with long fur but don't need as much grooming as a Persian.

THE SIAMESE

These cats are very communicative, yowling in a rasping voice for attention or just to chat! They are slim and athletic with large ears. Their fur is short and lies close to their skin. They love to be stroked, and are extremely loyal and close to one person. They are very intelligent and loving.

THE BIRMAN

This blue eyed cat also glories in the name of the Sacred Cat of Burma! They have characteristic white paws, making them look as if they are wearing little white boots. They have even temperaments, and are known for adjusting to your daily routine. A Birman will often be waiting for you when you get home from work (as do Siamese and Orientals). Although their fur is long and silky, they don't require much grooming.

Somali cats are good too, as well as Chinchillas.

Even if you're not looking for a good hunter, Chartreux cats, Russian Blues, and Korats are affectionate. But they're relatively good hunters.
Back to top Go down
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 7:05 pm

Ragamuffin-
The Ragamuffin is a long-haired domestic cat. Ragamuffins are fairly large cats - females weigh between 10 to 15 lbs (4.54 to 6.80 kg), and males weigh between 15 to 20 lbs (6.80 to 9.07kg).\

The only extreme allowed in this breed is the very docile nature. The Ragamuffin loves people and is very cuddly and affectionate, with a tendency to go limp when held. While not terribly athletic, they love playing and climbing scratching posts and some will even fetch toys. They greet family members at the door and will follow their people around the house. Because of their gentle nature, Ragamuffins are generally kept indoors for their own protection.

They are adoptable as early as four months of age, but do not reach full maturity until around four years of age. The Ragamuffin is an expensive breed and costs can range from $900 - $1200 USD per kitten.

AHHHH! SABBY WAS ONLY $50! YAYY FOR PET SMART PET RESCUE!
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:08 pm

Oh, are you thinking of Ragdolls? I don't know if a Ragamuffin is supposed to be a cross-Ragdoll, but Ragdolls are the big softies that go limp upon being held.
Back to top Go down
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:31 pm

The RM is a Ragdoll cross bred with Persians, Himalayans for health benefits.
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:32 pm

Kewl. =3
Back to top Go down
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:33 pm

See, Wikipedia:

In the 1960s a regular non-pedigreed white domestic longhaired cat named Josephine, who had produced several litters of typical cats, was injured in an accident involving a car and taken to a laboratory at the University of California. After she recovered, her next litter produced exceptionally friendly kittens. When the subsequent litter produced more of the same, Mrs. Ann Baker (an established cat breeder) purchased several kittens from the owner, who lived behind her, and believing she had something special, set out to create what is now known as the Ragdoll.

Baker, in an unusual move, spurned traditional cat breeding associations. She trademarked the name "Ragdoll", set up her own registry - International Ragdoll Cat Association (IRCA) - and enforced stringent standards on anyone who wanted to breed or sell cats under that name.[2] The Ragdolls were also not allowed to be registered in other breed associations. In 1975, a group broke rank with IRCA with the aim of gaining mainstream recognition for the Ragdoll. This group eventually developed the Ragdoll standard currently accepted by major cat registries.

In 1994, a second group of around 30 breeders decided to leave the IRCA and form their own group due to increasingly strict breeding restrictions. The foundational breeders of the new group were Patricia F. (first president of RAG), Janet K.(Encore Cats[3]) (current breed chair and president of the breed until 2008 ), Kim C.(Ultimate Rags[4]) (current breed vice president) Judy M.(Rivendell Rags), and Curt G.(Leibling Cats), and around 25 other breeders who are no longer active. Their first act was to simply rename their stock of Ragdolls as Ragamuffins, which was initially more of a joke put forth by Curt G., but when the original registry could not be undone, the name stuck. One of the first concerns of the group was the genetic health of their stock, which was already in its fifth generation of inbreeding. So in the spirit of bettering the breed's genetic health and personality, they out crossed to Persians, Himalayans, and domestic long haired cats, which increased the distinctiveness of the Ragamuffin from their Ragdoll ancestors. They did allow some Ragdoll inbreeding as well (which will end in 2010 for ACFA recognized Ragamuffins). The goal of the breeding has always been to keep their distinctively affectionate personality and health rather than any particular look other than their distinctive scooped nose and other minor traits that set them apart.

The first cat association to accept the breed at full show champion status was United Feline Organization (UFO), and while some major cat associations still refuse to accept the Ragamuffin as a recognizable breed, due primarily to their close association with the Ragdoll, they were accepted into the American Cat Fanciers Association (ACFA), and finally Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA) as a provisional breed in the miscellaneous class in 2003.

While Ragdolls were first registered and accepted as the breed ancestors to the Ragamuffin, the current allowance of Ragdoll out crosses, and the fact that the first Ragamuffins were actually Ragdolls renamed, makes the Ragamuffin the larger category of the original breed with the current Ragdolls as one of its sub-categories (modern Ragdoll breeders do not allow anything but pointed pattern). Since several generations have passed, no current [Ragdoll] would be considered a Ragamuffin. Their appearance is very different and distinctive while the Ragamuffins still have a wide range of colors and patterns. Only cats with at least one Ragamuffin parent and an ACFA accepted outcross currently qualifies to be called a Ragamuffin.
Back to top Go down
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:34 pm

Sabbath sadly doesn't have papers....since he WAS a stray, stupid... *mumbles*
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:37 pm

Aw...poor foofy cat. Sad thing is strays can be purebreds that just escaped or something, but then they don't get recognized for their PURE BLOOD...-drools- LOL, I'm not unhappy with that. It's just that some people like purebreds, and so they go to a breeder instead of just CHECKING OUT THE CATS ON THEIR STREET. XD
Back to top Go down
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:05 pm

ummm...honestly....WHAT?

I had no idea that he was a purebred though!
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:07 pm

Well, he might not be, but some cats really are purebreds that just got out.

I didn't understand what I said either. XD
Back to top Go down
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:11 pm

He is, he has everything like the RM on the dot! well....yeah! So, he was a breeder's pet most likely, but he is! As soon as we called for him, another dude did and started screaming that he wanted him! So the odds that he may want a fortune of $900 a kitten?
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:22 am

You guys make me want to have kiddens >w<
Back to top Go down
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 3:31 pm

:shock:

OK....

Oh, I think i also want a RM because Sabbath loves books! When I would read him the Varjak books he would sit on my lap and put his paw on the pics! and when I started to read the Twilight series (Almost done) he would lay on the book, purr, thump his tail, and glare at me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any ideas?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next