RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction) Empty
PostSubject: The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction)   The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:14 pm

Chapter 1

A great, metallic roar split the sky like a crack of lightning. A dusk blue quadruped threw back its steel-horned head and gave a mighty cry, the large fangs glinting in the dark sky. A blue arrow-like pattern headed down its long head, ending at its flat mouth and crossing above its piercing red eyes. It was standing on a giant, rocky cliff, as if summoning the black clouds that were closing in on the deep canyon.

On the opposite side of the seemingly bottomless trench, another huge creature stood. It was bipedal and colored a very light pink, and its head and neck were long, and it had a large ridge starting between its eyes and head and going down its body, stopping between its round shoulder blades. Its eyes were identical to the quadruped’s. On each shoulder there was a round pearl embedded, and it also had a set of huge, feathery wings. Its tail was long and thick, and its legs were strong, at least enough to hold up its huge, three-clawed feet.

Both creatures appeared rather robotic, with metallic cries and huge proportions. For a moment, the biped peered into the canyon below its feet, then glared up at the quadruped, its dark eyes narrowed. It let out a savage growl like space being distorted. “Dialga… today is when you die!”

But the cool, calm Dialga simply chuckled and replied, “Not so fast, Palkia. Don’t count your Torchic eggs before they hatch.” And with that, he opened his mouth, creating a sphere of a dark kind of energy inside it. With that, he let out another furious call, and Palkia felt dizzy and off-balance at that moment. His memories were jumbled, but after Dialga quieted, the powerful deity grasped his head, but managed to stand up straight and return to normal.

“You’ll need something better than that,” he laughed, and stomped the ground hard and repeatedly, so much that it shook and almost threw even him down into the abyss.
Dialga struggled to keep its footing, the rage mixing with fear to become one huge, confounding emotion. After the earthquake finally settled, the ground wrecked, the dragon stood up and admitted in a serious tone, “I have to say that you are good. But perhaps, not good enough!”

With that, he gathered another ball of light blue energy in his fangs, and then spit it towards his enemy. Startled, Palkia examined the sphere just before it hit him in the chest, knocking him backwards and causing him to land on his side and tumble for a moment before stopping with a cloud of dust.

For a moment, Palkia lay there, and Dialga held his head high, a faint smile forming on his face. Perhaps he had won after all.

But Dialga had thought too soon. The long-necked creature on the other side of the rift clawed the ground and stood up, shaking itself off. “You can’t be serious,” he taunted. “How could such a wimp be left to take care of all of time?”

Palkia spread his wings with an angry gaze and soared into the air, hovering just above the rift, closer to Dialga. And, as if he were standing on nothing, he raised a claw and appeared to tear into nothingness. A swarm of black matter swam towards Dialga, who teetered on his large boulder, then fell onto the ground with a thud that caused the ground to quiver.

With that, Palkia touched down softly on the ground next to Dialga, his shoulder towards the Pokémon’s head, as if preparing to strike.

“You’re done for,” Palkia growled haughtily, glancing up at the sky. He gave a great, metallic cry, and the darkened, cloudy sky flashed, all of the clouds quickly dissipating into nothing before Dialga’s frightened eyes. Dialga had never felt this scared in his life, and his blue body trembled ever so slightly. He wanted to conceal it, but since Palkia’s keen senses of space were almost unbeatable, his enemy would have known anyway.

Suddenly, the canvas of sky flashed more rapidly, and there was a great rumbling sound, like an earthquake. And then, suddenly, was as if a star had fallen out of the sky and landed right next to them.

“There’s no way to escape Draco Meteor,” Palkia chuckled, spreading his wings and creating a wall that protected him. However, Dialga was vulnerable, and seemed to shrink as a fiery light headed straight for him, growing bigger by the moment.

But then, there was a huge, silver shape with evil-looking black wings that had red claws on the end. The shape bore a long, snake-like tail and six short legs. Dialga immediately recognized the shape, and said the same thing as Palkia at the same time.
“Giratina?”

The ghost-like creature had his own wall of light dissipate as the meteors calmed down, and then faced both of them by ascending slightly, glancing at the now-blank, starry sky before he spoke in his booming voice.

“You two must both survive to keep the balance of the world. If one dies, all the universes will be destroyed.”

Palkia cut in with a sharp voice. “It’s not like I care. This world has no need for Dialga. Why did you make another being to take care of time?! All my life, I’ve been called irresponsible and naughty. But I’m tired of it! I want to be the ruler of the dimensions and show everyone my worth!”

And with that, he gathered a dark energy around his claws, and slashed Dialga directly on the neck.

There was no blood. Just a raspy gasp, and wide eyes. And the word, “Brother!”

Giratina stood, horrified and in shock, as if he were mummified. With a growl, he glared at Palkia, murmuring, “There’s only one way I can save these dimensions: by destroying you just as you did Dialga.”

With that, the fearsome Pokémon tripped Palkia merely with one of its legs, and sent the spatial Pokémon hurtling down into the mist of the rift.
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction)   The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:04 pm

AWESOME!!!! But one question- I always thought the 'Original One' as is says in the games was/is Arceus? Or is it Giratina? :|
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction)   The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Original One? :| I only think of Giratina as the "boss" of Dialga and Palkia.
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction)   The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 9:15 pm

Like- the one who created Palkia and Dialga. If you're confused don't worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction)   The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 9:59 pm

I never said Giratina created Palkia and Dialga. For the last time, I only see it as the "boss" of them! I'm not confused about it.
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction)   The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:41 pm

KK. Just asking.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction)   The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:09 am

Chapter 2

"What is this?"

My voice growled softly. I couldn't remember anything. Right now I was in only black space.

Space... why did that word strike my heart as if it were gold? Shaking my head, even though I didn't know what I looked like, I tried to sense something. It was as if I willed myself into existence. First, there was feeling at the tips of my hands and feet. It was odd when there was only part of you. But eventually, that feeling joined up with the rest of my body. I could finally open my eyes... it was as if I gained new meaning.

A blue expanse shone before me. I didn't know exactly where I was, but I was... floating. There were so many creatures around, like a red one with a lightly colored belly and pincers. There were spikes on its head, and it didn't appear to have a mouth. However, it opened its mouth as it glanced at another Pokemon. The other Pokemon was one that looked almost like it, except it was smaller and its arms were longer.

Was I in the water? What was I?

Looking around, I tried to get used to this. Paddling softly, I began to reach up to the sunlight. But I didn't move farther. I don't think I had to exit. I was a water Pokemon.

It was another nervous glance around before I watched more Pokemon that were different. They had cute round heads with tube-mouths, chubby white bellies and curled tails. There were little fins on their backs that let them swim.

One of them moved closer to me, as if curious. Its young crimson eyes shone with fascination as it separated from the small group. The three-spined fins on each side of its head flapped in and out like little wings as it closely examined me. A few bubbles were being emitted from its mouth now, and it turned around, beckoning to me with its curly tail.

I couldn't resist following. I felt some kinship with this Pokemon that made me follow. It was a pull of nature that made me want to come. I could feel myself swimming gracefully behind it, and the group of others like it. They were led by a few bigger, spikier versions of themselves, that were also darker in color. But the one in front was the one that truly mystified me. The leader was like a much more legendary version of the smallest ones, with majestic fins on the top and side of its head. It was much larger in size, and the fins on its back made it look much more graceful as it flowed softly through the water with the others in tow, as if it were a river current.

What was I, to follow these Pokemon? Was I one of them, maybe?

As a lighter spot in the water approached, I stopped to look at myself, twisting my head and doing random, yet serene, flips in the water. When I was done, I shook my head. How was I like them? I remembered not being this Pokemon, but at the same time, I had completely forgotten... was this a dream? Or had the previous experience -- whatever it was -- been a dream? I couldn't connect the few dots to this huge puzzle. I needed more information.

A few giggles echoed through the calm water from the group ahead. The largest Pokemon turned around and stopped, giving a low whistling noise that made us all pay attention. Even me.

"Where are we going?" I asked myself.

However, I didn't expect anyone to hear. I almost did a backwards somersault when another Pokemon spoke. Two of them muttered to each other. "He's a new recruit," one said in a low voice.

But this one that had heard was the same one who first approached me. Her bashful but adventurous eyes were lit up with the teal water, making the red irises turn a majestic violet. I couldn't stand any of these creatures, but it was in a good way. They were all my family now, even in the short time in which I had been with them. This one seemed to be attached to me, as if she were my sister or childhood friend or something. But honestly, I didn't have any bonds with anyone here. It was like I was a child, but at the same time, I was older. Then again, if we were all this small, we must have been very young.

The one who approached me let out a joyful squeal as I cocked my head. "Sunny shore," she replied, and I tilted my head the other way, more confused than before.

"Sunyshore is a place where the humans walk! Except we're staying in the water," The other one cheerfully continued. "Come on, we need to get back with the other Horsea."

She looked forward, and I did as well. The largest one of the group seemed to loom over us, even at a distance. Still, there was a motherly attitude evident in her gentle eyes.

"Mama Kingdra doesn't speak that much," the Horsea explained as I tagged along, unsure of myself.

Blinking, I waited for her to say something else. She seemed to be the type that would go on forever if she could. Not for the sake of talking, but because she was so optimistic and blissful. Her attitude brought a warm feeling to my whole body.

"My name is Brightstream," she said. "Do you have one?"

I was surprised by do you have one. It was an obvious answer -- for most Pokemon. But for me... "No."

"We'll see," Brightstream alluded, her indigo eyes closing with pure delight as she began to swim forward again.

Turns out I didn't have legs at all. But I still felt happy in this new form, as if there was majesty to come.

Different movement in the water caught my eye. The odd Pokemon was much bigger, about three times my length. Its eyes were a deep midnight blue, contrasting its sleek, icy blue fur. It had legs -- four of them, and a long tail that ended in a fin. Its large head also had three fins, one on the top and two on the sides, along with a ring around its neck like a collar. It was almost as graceful as the Kingdra that led us -- maybe even more. His eyes seemed to glitter as they met mine. However, mine were confused, with one narrowed. The dog-like Pokemon swam closer, the ridge along its back perfectly lining its spine. This was probably the most calm and noble Pokemon I would ever see. His voice was like the flow of water over small rocks. "Do you know who you are?"

This only puzzled me more. "I don't get it."

"You aren't ordinary." His indirect way of talking made me feel uncomfortable, as if there was some very important message that I wasn't getting. "All will be found in time," he said, as he slipped away into nothing, disappearing.

"Are you coming!?" Brightstream called, alarmed that I wasn't following. Nodding, I quickly darted towards the rest of the group. That Vaporeon's speech would probably stick with me for a while.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction)   The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:16 pm

Chapter 3

My eyes opened slowly, to reveal a white expanse above me. Were these clouds? They looked oddly dark, and flat...

Wait a minute... these weren't clouds. Was this a human's place!? Why was I in here?

Startled, I sat up, looking around. "Huh?" What was this...? These were a human's surroundings! I didn't know what they were, but there was a source of light, a lamp, on some bark-colored stand that was obviously wood. It had a few openings in it, drawers probably used to store items. I was sitting on some fluffy thing that felt like feathers, a bed...? Carefully, I slid off, trying to analyze where I was. Outside the window, it was quite cold and white. And snowing. This is Snowpoint City?

Who am I?
I had to ask myself. I knew I was a human, and I had noticed many Pokémon decorations around the room. A trainer?

"Toby!" I heard someone call. "The boat's here!"

I could only think of playing along. "Coming!" I grabbed whatever I thought was necessary, which was just a bag slung over the post of the bed, and tried to find my way towards the other human's voice. I nodded, heading directly out into the snow without any warm clothes. But I was too stressed to be cold right now. I had to find something out.

Climbing onto the boat, I hurried past as the man at the front nodded at me. I didn't know where to sit, although there was a nearby stairwell. Hastily, I swung the door open and went up, sitting on a chair near the window. This wasn't as big as a ferry, but it probably didn't need room for cars. After all, who drove to Snowpoint?

As the foghorn bellowed, I covered my ears, and was so startled that I had almost kicked the bag. I watched as the water skipped around the boat, the peaks of the waves only a few inches high. There wasn't much wind, and that was for sure.

The surroundings slowly changed on the horizon from a snowy town to a rocky crag, and then a sandy beach. Great, another place to get used to.

"Those who aim for Sandgem Town must take the train to Jubilife," a voice said on the intercom. I had a feeling that Sandgem was my destination, so I grabbed my bag, disembarked the large boat, and headed towards what looked like a large train station. The air here smelled much like the sea, and the sun was definitely a lot higher in the sky than when I had left Snowpoint. This was Sunyshore, and I could see a Gym up on a small cliff. Maybe after getting a Pokémon, I would go there someday.

The train station was nearby. I reached into the bag, and saw that there were $5,000, a little more than needed for a train ticket. Pulling out the money, I handed it to a man behind the counter, and simply, I received the ticket. I knew the train would be here soon, so I told myself that I only needed to stand up. It wasn't very crowded, as it was quite early, so I didn't have any problems trying to listen.

---

It was still much later still as I finally arrived in Sandgem. The Professor's lab was towering but still had the same color as the houses. It stood out, even though it looked so similar at the same time. I opened the door and glanced around, but there was no one inside. Odd.

Someone approached me from behind. "Excuse me," he said in a deep voice. Nodding, I stepped aside, letting him in. He was an old man with bushy white hair... The professor.

"I'm here to get a Pokémon," I told him.

The man in the brown coat chuckled slightly. "You're early. But that means that you get to choose which Pokémon will be yours. All three of them are available and..." The motion was swift as he grabbed the three Poké Balls from his pocket. He pressed each button, and three Pokémon came out. One was a green turtle with a branch on its head, another was a chimp that appeared as if its rear on fire, and the last was a blue bird with flippers that didn't stand out too much, other than the bubble patterns on its chest.

The one that was probably Water-type closed its eyes, sighing. But the monkey enthusiastically bounced around it, grinning and pointing to me. I laughed for a moment, and then noticed the turtle, which backed away slightly with a disdainful expression on its face. I wouldn't choose that one.

Suddenly, the chimp jumped on me, and I tried to get it off, but the Professor had to take it off for me. That one loved me a little too much. In which case...

"This one looks nice." I petted the bird on its head, and it tried to push me away for a moment, but then cooed slightly.

"Piplup, then? Well, she'll have a fun time with you!" Rowan said enthusiastically. "Care to give her a nickname?"

"No, thanks," I replied, as the Professor gave me her Poké Ball.

"I'll be seeing you soon." He smiled as I headed out the door, into the sunlight that seemed like the next day.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction)   The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:12 pm

Chapter 4

Bibarel were lively in Lake Verity and the rivers that connected to it. My short hair would have been blown hard by the wind, had it been longer. The lake seemed like it wouldn't be disturbed.

A majestic Pokemon suddenly caught my eye. The Piplup at my side chirped as the underwater creature swam, with several others behind it. The sun was now high but sinking. The wind made the autumn air shiver.

Piplup suddenly dived into the calm river. "Wait!" I called, almost jumping in after her. But in a few seconds, she surfaced, looking happier than before. "Pip!" she sang, bouncing as she reached the shore.

"What was under there?" I asked, smiling.

"Piplup." The Penguin Pokemon tried to make her small beak look like a tube as she put her fins behind her back.

"Horsea?" I guessed, and she nodded. "Interesting."

I grabbed a Poke Ball out of my bag, and pressed the button on the center to make it bigger. There were small shapes in the glow of the stream; it was hard to catch them from above the water. Still, I persevered, and threw it at one of the shapes. As the Pokemon was sucked in, Piplup jumped in for the Poke Ball, resurfacing and placing it on the grass. The Pokemon hardly struggled, and the capsule clicked shut.

----

I definitely wasn't in the water anymore. I wasn't with the group, or Brightstream. I could remember her startled cry, though, and it hurt just remembering it.

if I wasn't in the river, where was I?

Suddenly, I found myself in the water again, next to my group. Startled, I looked around, noticing Brightstream. But the illusion suddenly faded. Was this a dream?

----

Successfully, I held the Poke Ball in my hand. "All right, Piplup!" I shouted, and she jumped for joy, following me out of the forest area and into the tall grass.

A call came from behind me. "Hey!"

I whipped around, seeing another trainer.

"Got any Water Pokemon?" she asked.

i indicated Piplup, and then tossed my other Poke Ball in one hand. "Piplup and Horsea."

"Do you want to battle with Buizel?" This girl seemed to love Water Pokemon. Her clothes and eyes were blue, and she threw a Poke Ball colored blue. "Go, Jetti!"

An orange weasel with a yellow collar appeared in front of me. It had blue fins on its arms, and its belly was tan. Its two tails twisted like a propeller.

"Sure! Ready, Piplup?" I asked.

She nodded, and took a fighting stance in front of the Buizel.

"Jetti, Quick Attack!" the black-haired girl commanded.

Buizel growled slightly as its tail started spinning again, and she charged at Piplup with extreme speed, knocking Piplup over.

Piplup gave a small cry but did not show fear.

"Piplup, Pound!" I told her.

The "bubble bird," as a young child had once called it, began to run at its enemy, slapping Jetti across the face with her flipper. Jetti squealed slightly, but caught herself, ready to attack.

"Fight back with Swift!" My foe seemed very excited.

The orange Pokemon opened her mouth and barked, sending rays of stars towards the opponent. Piplup flinched as they hit her, leaving a few cuts.

"Attack with Peck!" I cried.

Piplup's beak glowed faintly, and she charged at Jetti, jabbing her in the shoulder. Cringing, the Buizel snarled as she stood up.

The two Water-types glared at each other like a big rivalry was forming.

Suddenly: "Quick Attack, while her guard is down!"

"Buaaah!" Jetti slammed into Piplup with all her might, startling her enemy. "Pipluup!" my Pokemon squealed. Staggering, Piplup began to fall to the ground.

I had to pull a bit of money -- about 80 cents -- from my pocket and give it to the other Trainer for winning. "Good job," I commented.

"My name is Amber, but a lot of people call me Akafire," she introduced.

"I'm Toby." We shook hands, and she withdrew Jetti, walking away without another word.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction)   The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rift (Pokemon fan fiction)
Page 1 of 1