RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blackhouse Manor~ A Twisted Summer. Chapter 1 Posted!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Star
RP Addicted
RP Addicted
Star

Location : Hogwarts, I'm Ravenclaw's Seeker. ( Can't touch this! )

Blackhouse Manor~ A Twisted Summer. Chapter 1 Posted! Empty
PostSubject: Blackhouse Manor~ A Twisted Summer. Chapter 1 Posted!   Blackhouse Manor~ A Twisted Summer. Chapter 1 Posted! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:48 pm

Hey guys. I gotta story here, it's gonna be awesome! READ IT OR I WILL EAT YOU LIKE A COOKIE!

Here it is:

Chapter one:

“I can dream, can’t I?!” I exploded. My face was bright red.
“Of course! But you have to be realistic! That camp costs thousands of dollars!” My mom said, her face redder then mine. We had been having this discussion since last month, but now the heat was really coming on.
“And you couldn’t let me think I could be a happy normal kid for just one moment?!” I screeched. Mom sighed.
“Jillian…….you are a normal kid. We just don’t have as much money as some of the people you know because your father and I are separated.”
I calmed down a bit, but not much. “You don’t even know.”
“Then how much is it?” My mom asked. The light was gone from her eyes, she had given in.
“I uh…….I don’t know.” I sighed. I hadn’t looked yet, all along I had thought it would be to much, too.
“Then find out.” I sat down at my ancient computer and pulled up the website of Blackhouse Manor, only the best summer camp ever, and it was opening up this year. The homepage displayed pictures of a huge, civil-war-style house, a giant forest, and a gorgeous lake.
Blackhouse Manor, it read, has many deluxe activities, historic locations, fun staff, and cheap pricing. “Look!” I said pointedly. Join us for a two week stay, or come for a whole summer of fun! Home cooked meals, rec rooms, archery, music rooms, art classes, swimming, nature, rock climbing and dirt biking are only some of are amazing features. Enjoy all this and more for the low price of, “I can’t look!” 1000 dollars a week.
“No way!” My mom said loudly and marched away. But I refused to give up. All the people I knew were going. All my friends, all the people from school, the whole town practically, even the nerds were going. I had to go too! It was going to be so amazing. There had to be a way! I made my eyes go back to the page and kept reading. Twenty ’camperships’ will be handed out for a full summer trip this year, click the link for more info.
“OMG! Mom! Come here! Now!” She came running. I highlighted my life saving -or at least summer saving- text. “Read!” She did.
“Well, Jillian, I suggest you click it!” I screeched happily and did.
This summer twenty of our special campership funds will be handed out to deserving children and teens who can’t quite meet our prices. Here at Blackhouse Manor we believe that every one should have a chance at the summer of their lives. The packages include a full summer stay, all camp activities and bonuses, plus meals and snacks. Simply fill out the application below and we will consider you. I screeched again and ran for the phone, leaving my mom at the computer. I pressed the conference button and dialed in five numbers. Natalie, Sarah, Abby, Anna and Jake. The picked up all within two second and I yelled into the mouthpiece, “I’m going to Blackhouse manor this summer!”
“Possibly.” My mom added in the background. I ignored her.
“OMG!” It was simultaneous. Then I was showered with questions. “ ’How?’ ’Seriously??!!” No way! You’re joking, right?’ ’What?’ Are you sure?’ ’’
I took a deep breath. “They have this ’campership’ program, like scholarships for school, only for camp. I get to stay all summer for free, and can do all the activities. I’m way serious, this is not a joke. Repeat: I’m going to Blackhouse Manor, for free. I’m almost sure, all I have to do is fill out an application……”
“ OMG!!!!!!!!!” I grinned.
“I’ve gotta go fill it out now!” I heard groans. “I’ll be back later! Bye!” I hung up and ran back to the computer. “How does it look?” She was smiling. I got the message. “Move and let me fill it out!” My mom got up and went into the kitchen and I filled out the form.
Name: Jillian Stewart
Grade: Going into 7th
Parent’s monthly income:
“Hey mom?”

“Yah Ab, totally. No! I’m serious! You better not. No way! I know…..I know……. Yes, I’m in the hall. What? What time is it?! OMG! The mail dude’s here! I gotta go see if I got a letter from Blackhouse Manor…….” I hung up on Abby and ran to the front door. Mail was overflowing out of the mailbox. I flipped through it quickly and paused at the very last piece, and black envelope with silver writing. Blackhouse Manor. I screamed and ran inside, dropping everything else. Conference button. My best friends. Ring…..ring….”Guys! OMG! The Letter came today!”
“Read it!!!!!!”
“Dear Miss Stewart,
We are pleased to announce you have been chosen to receive one of our yearly campership funds. Congratulations! Please arrive at our grounds at two thirty on Monday, June second. See the below papers for more information!!!!!!” I screamed into the mouthpiece and I could hear the other girls doing the same. Jake was probably rolling his eyes. But in the end he said, “Wow Jilly! That’s awesome!” I smiled, elated.
“Obviously!”
“Totally!”
“Duh!”
“Of course!”
“Idiot.”
I have to admit, the last one was me, but it was good natured.
“How horrible of me.” We all laughed.
“So…..are you guys all going?” I asked happily, ignoring the beep that said someone else was calling.
“Obviously!”
“Totally!”
“Duh!”
“Of course!”
“Idiot.”
The last one was Jake. I grinned. “Ha ha. Very funny.” In the background I herd someone screaming, “Jake! Mommy says its time to go!” He sighed.
“Soccer practice. Bye guys!” He hung up.
“I better go, too.” Abby.
“Me too.” Natalie.
“Me three.” Anna.
“Crud! I gotta leave, too. “ Sarah.
I was all alone. I hung up the phone and ran outside, stopping only to grab my bike. My mom was still at work, and she wouldn’t be home for around two hours, so I was safe to go out. I peddled as hard as I could, hurrying to the mall downtown. Time to shop for camp clothes. Cool hat. Jeans. Tee shirts. A dress for the end-of-summer dance. I smiled when I remembered the submissive look on my mom’s face this morning. “Well, Jillian, I suppose you’ll be needing new stuff for camp……” I felt to make sure that my wallet was still in my pocket. It was.
I bought everything on my list, and still had ten dollars, so I bought a new cd to take with me. All American Rejects. The best! Of course.

“Jillian!!!! Wake up! It’s the second!”
I sat strait up, jumped out of bed and grabbed my cell phone. “Do you guys know what day it is?”
“Leave Jake alone and go back to sleep day?’’
“What? Who is this? Jilly?”
“Huh?”
“Um……..”
“It’s the second!” I yelled, dressing. My dark brown hair, five inches past my sholders, was super tangly, and I grunted as I pulled a brush through it. “Camp day!!!”
“OMG!!!!!!!”
I swear they must have practiced that.
“Jillian?” My mom yelled, “You packed last night, right?”
“Uh………. Guys, I gotta go.”
I heard laughter as hund up and grabbed my suitcases out of the closet.
Back to top Go down
http://rppalace.forumakers.com/index.htm

Blackhouse Manor~ A Twisted Summer. Chapter 1 Posted!
Page 1 of 1