RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< Empty
PostSubject: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 7:44 pm

U P R I S I N G

another promise, another scene
another packaged lie to keep us trapped in greed
green belts wrapped around our minds
red tape to keep the truth confined!

Life hasn't always been this way.

Life was pretty good. That's not to say it was perfect, of course. A failing economy, near-constant war, and apocalyptic natural disasters was what summed up life back then. And looking back, it wasn't that bad. Not like now, but the human race is flawed in a way that makes their emotions and problems and fears seem like the biggest problem in the world. None of them realized that their problems could be so much worse. None of them realized what was to come...
After the radiation leak in Japan, one that caused mass hysteria and panic across the nation, things took a turn for the ... Er... Strange. A handful of teenagers were affected, all across the world. Some suspected that it was the radiation, some thought that, hey, maybe they were the next comicbook superhero. Whatever the cause of this strange new... er... development, they all knew they were a rare and special case. See, these kids could... Well, they could do things. They could shapeshift into various animals at will. They were shapeshifters.
Their strange and wild powers were pushed aside, these kids' lives too busy to be bothered with this strange new development. Their powers were not forgotten, however. They were just pushed aside and hidden from the rest of the world. After all, who'd believe them if they even wanted someone to know? These kids didn't bother to nourish and develop their powers, so now, only mere years later, these kids' powers are wild and uncontrollable.
They're the only ones that know of their strange ability. Or so they think. For the past few years, each one of them has been monitored by the government. Whether it be their teacher, or crochty but loveable old lady who lives down the street, someone, somewhere, has been watching them for the past couple of years. Watching, waiting. For what? Anything. Any action, any word from these peculiar kids that might pose a threat to the government's plans of complete and utter world domination. They'll rule everything, every city, every state, every country. Anyone that stands in the way will be eliminated.
And that's where these oh-so lucky kids come in.
Each one of these kids, these shapeshifters, will be driven together, united by a common enemy. Their job is to defeat the government and their pack of mutations, and save the world from utter chaos. The only question is, can these kids take on such a burden, such a challenge? Will they be torn apart by mistrust and betrayal? Will their job simply be too much?

Last edited by RAINBOW on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:38 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 7:45 pm

R U L E S

paranoia is in bloom
the PR transmissions will resume
they try to push drugs to keep us all dumbed down
and hope we will never see the truth around!

General

All RPC rules apply. If you do not know them, then do not join and/or post.

In-Roleplay

1: No Mary-Sue or Gary-Stu's. That means that you're character should be original and not cliche (meaning your character can't have a mysterious past and be super depressed and never talk to anyone. Ever).
2: No powerplaying. That means that you can't never get hit in a fight (or injured in general, for that matter) and you can't hit someone once and immediately knock them out cold.
3: This is a semi-literate roleplay, which means that as far as posts go, I'm expecting at least a paragraph consisting of four to five complete sentences. Want to write more? Awesome, go on ahead! But no less than a detailed paragraph.
4: Romance is perfectly fine, but anything other than hugging or kissing is not allowed.
5; We will have a posting order. Don't post until it's your turn, and don't purposely exclude other members.
6: Wait until you are accepted to post!
7: STAY ACTIVE.

Forms

1: DO NOT POST FORMS ON THE THREAD! PM ALL FORMS TO ME!
2: All sections must be filled out completely and fully in order to be accepted (unless stated otherwise).

Last edited by RAINBOW on Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 7:45 pm

F O R M S

interchanging mind control
come let the revolution take it's toll
if you could flick a switch and open your third eye
you'd see that we should never be afraid to die!

F O R M C O D E!
Copy and paste this into a word document, fill it out, then PM it to me!

Code:
[color=black][size=10]Hey, there, my name is [b][character's full name][/b].
But you can call me [b][character's nicknames (if there aren't any, erase this part)][/b].
I thought it was pretty obvious, but I'm a [b][character's gender here][/b].
And I'm [b][character's age (between fourteen and seventeen)][/b] years old, on [b][character's birthday][/b]!
When I look in the mirror, I see [b][physical description -- minimum of one [i]decent sized[/i] paragraph][/b].
People say that I'm [b][personality description -- minimum of one [i]decent sized[/i] paragraph][/b].
You [i]really[/i] want to know my life story? Alright, well... [b][character's history/biography here, doesn't need to be long, but IS NOT OPTIONAL][/b].
Want to know a secret? I can shapeshift into a [b][character's animal transformation, if you have any questions about what you can and cannot be, ask me][/b].
I'm so special, I even have my own self-given theme song! Wanna hear it? [b][character's theme song. title, then artist. OPTIONAL. if you don't wish to put a theme song, erase this.][/b][/size][/color]

E X A M P L E!
Obviously this doesn't fit the length criteria, etc, etc. This is purely an example to show you how to fill one of these forms out.

Spoiler:

PLEASE PM ALL COMPLETED FORMS TO ME! DO NOT POST THEM ON THIS THREAD!

Last edited by RAINBOW on Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

A C C E P T E D F O R M S

rise up and take the power back
it's time that the fat cats had a heartattack
you know that their time is coming to an end
we have to unify and let our flag ascend!

Branch

Spoiler:

Mad MOAI

Spoiler:

Vixen

Spoiler:

Rebecca

Spoiler:

Last edited by Branch on Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

C H A R A C T E R S && R O L E P L A Y E R S

they will not force us
they will stop degrading us
they will not control us
and we will be victorious, so come on!

Character List
This also serves as the posting order. Whoever is listed first posts first, whoever is listed second posts second, and so on.

1. Cassandra Maria Derrikson && Andrew Darius Mackerbe played by Branch
2. Angel Elise Torenburg && Austin Mitchell DeBressen played by Vixen
3. Lucidia Sheath Coraxel played by Mad MOAI
4. Katherine Nikhole Harris played by Rebecca
5. Alexsei Torren Storm played by Blanx

Etc. I will update this as we get more members.

Last edited by Branch on Mon May 02, 2011 11:14 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:34 am

N E E D - T O - K N O W I N F O R M A T I O N!

month! (J) (F) (M) (A) (M) (J) (J) (A) (S) (O) (N) (D)

day! (M) (T) (W) (T) (F) (S) (S)

time of day! early morning

location! new york city

weather! chilly, cloudy, and overall kind of gray
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Cassandra Marie Derrikson!~ STARTER POST.   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 7:45 pm

New York, with it’s commuters yapping on their cellphones as they jaywalked across the street, provided her with just the right kind of atmosphere. Crowded (and every word associated with “crowded”). New York, with it’s busy streets and confusing network of side-streets, was the kind of place that, if you were someone who didn’t want to be found, then you wouldn’t be found. Cassandra Marie Derrikson was one of those people- the people who didn’t want to be found. As far as not being found went, well... But come on! For a fifteen-year-old on her own and on the run, she was doing pretty darn well (or so she thought).
The lanky girl of fifteen had been on the run for a couple of months now. At first, it had just been the usual. Adoption agencies, group homes, so on and so forth. Being just a kid, Cassie Derrikson was greatly underestimated. Smart, but underestimated. Her group home sheltered kids (none too nicely) until some uptight couple decided to graciously adopt you (yeah, right). Cassandra Marie Derrikson had been adopted a total of five times throughout her life. Each time, a different horror awaited her. Abusive adopters was one of the many, which ranged from alcoholics to druggies, to the adopters who adopted a dozen kids just to use them for child labor. Each time, though, she’d managed to get herself out of the sticky situation. Yeah, life as an orphan wasn’t the absolute best, but who was she to complain? Cassie could be starving in Africa, instead, but she wasn’t, so. She counted herself as one of the lucky ones. Her group home was one of the “better” ones, if there was such a thing. They allowed some of the kids who showed “high potential” (aka the smart kids) to go to school. They bused them to and from school every day without fail. Most kids were the obediant, I-must-listen-to-authority type, so the workers and agents had assumed that all kids who were shipped to and from school everyday were like that. Assuming this had been their fatal mistake.
One day, when school let out, Cassie didn’t get on the bus. Half the time, they didn’t do a head count, so she knew she had about half an hour (the time it took to get from the school to the group home building) to put distance between herself and them. So she’d walked, and walked, and walked. New York was a huge city, one that was easy to get lost in. At first, it’d been confusing and, as much as she hated to admit it, frightening. But by then, she was running on pure adrenalin, and had no time to focus on fear. Since then, she’d developed the survival skills that had kept her alive (not well, but alive) for the past couple of months. Cassie’d learned to steal, she’d learned to charm her way into free meals and clothing (boys were so stupid, sometimes), and she’d learned not to care and to always keep moving. Caring about something or someone was making a commitment, it was tying yourself down. Being tied down in a world where she needed to keep moving, to just keep moving, was not something she could afford to do.
Only twice had she nearly gotten caught and dragged back into the hell-o hole that was her group home. Twice, she had gotten away. It wasn’t hard, really. I mean, how difficult could dealing with a bunch of adults be? When you were a shapeshifter, it was especially easily. You didn’t quite realize how stupid mankind is until you’re above the rest.
Oh, yeah. Cassandra Marie Derrikson is a shapeshifter. With the ability to shift into a lynx, a type of big cat, she was definitely out of the ordinary. Extraordinary- unless that meant you were extra ordinary? Words were so confusing sometimes. Anywho, yeah. Shapeshifting. It had made her life easier and harder, all at the same time. Easier, because she took on some of the traits of the animal she shifted into. Cassie was stealthier than a human could possibly be, she was smarter... Cleverer, too. Harder, because, as her most recent experience had shown her, the stupid adults who worked at her old group home weren’t the only ones after her, after all.
About a week ago, Cassie had made a discovery. This discovery was that there were, in fact, more shapeshifters. Sure, she had the displeasure of running into one who seemed to be out to get her, but still. Other shapeshifters! That was amazing! There were others, others like her, out there somewhere. Maybe even in this very city! The thought made her perk up, made her stand a little taller, but at the same time, filled her with a sense of dread. No caring, ‘member? But she didn’t have to care about these other shifters, did she? No, she just needed to find them.
Speaking of running into someone out to kill her, about a week ago, while strolling down the street, minding her business, someone had attacked her. At first, it seemed as if it were your common mugger or desperate homeless man, but no. This was a different situation entirely. He’d smiled at her the creepiest way, then slammed her into a wall. Yeah, she’d admit it. She’d been completely caught off guard and fell, half-conscious. He made some spiel about how he knew she was a shifter, that he was one, too, but way better than her. Egotistical jerk, much? Something about how the government labs had spent more time perfecting his animal DNA, whereas she was just a stupid experimental mutt. Blah, blah, blah. Then he’d tried to pull her up, and she’d lashed out at him. Managed to break ‘is nose, and run. Run, run, run.
That was the third time she’d been caught and almost dragged off to who-knows-where. This third time, however, presented her with an entirely different problem. Someone was after her. Whether it be the government, or a gang of “better” shifters, she knew she had a problem... And she knew she needed help. Help from other shifters would be preferred, but at this point, she just wanted to survive.
A week later, Cassie was considering giving up. New York was huge, how in the world was she supposed to find other shifters, after all? Seriously. The chances of finding the other shifters was slim to none, and so far, she was within the “none” part of her chances. Sigh.
After brushing her messy dark hair out of her eyes to only have it whip around her face once again (thanks a lot, wind), she shoved her hands into her pockets in irritation. The weatherman had lied, as usual. It was supposed to be cloudy, but not rainy. Ugnh. Rain sprinkled down, landing on her hair and making it frizz up. Lovely.
Cassie was an orphan, hence having no money. The only way to get food or clothing was either to steal it, steal enough money to buy it, or charm her way into getting something. Today, she decided, she’d exercise her cutesy charm. Eew. Stopping, she surveyed the scene. The sidewalk she was strolling along on ran past a chain of shops and stores; the one she’d stopped in front of was a coffee shop. Lingering awkwardly near the aforementioned coffee shop was a boy. Boys were easier to get to buy a girl things, see. He looked to be about seventeen, tall and handsome, with green eyes and the whole bit. At first glance, he looked like your average stuck-up boy, but upon further inspection, she realized that this wasn’t the case. He was wearing a sweater, a ratty pair of jeans, old tennis shoes, and his charming green eyes were guarded. Interesting.
Cassie settled on the whole “trip-and-apologize-stupidly-and-end-up-talking” routine. This was a routine she was well practiced in. Walking closer to the boy, she pretended to pay him no attention. Then she expertly threw one foot in front of the other, tripping herself. She ended up tripping into the boy’s shoulder, catching herself, but causing him to stumble.
“O-Oh!” Cassie mumbled sheepishly, her face burning bright red. Fake, all fake. Her whole life was fake. Heck, if someone asked her name, the answer was fake. A lie. “I’m so, so s-sorry!”
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Angel generally liked people. She had been around them all her life, at least until now, while her whole life was on the line. Now she wished she had never been so fond of them. People pushed her in multiple directions, causing her to stumble and knock into another bypassed, who usually happened to shout a few colorful words at her before disappearing back into the crowd before she could apologize. Her small frame made her nearly invisible in a place as huge as New York. She was disappointed that they hadn't preserved enough wildlife for her to shift and roam around.

She found it easier to travel as a bobcat. Of course, you don't find them in such a busy, polluting place as New York. So that was out of the question. Of course, shapeshifting had made her whole life so much easier, and harder, at the same time. Angel knew there were people out there looking for her. She had escaped out of many "interesting" situations. Adoption agencies trying to nab her, criminals (she hoped she'd never have to retell that), and other things that all pretty girls get into while they're lost and alone. But of course, she had her shapeshifting problem too. Once, she didn't see a small family camping- and turned right in front of them. That had been interesting. Angel had learned to be careful, silent, and not to mention, deadly. The devil's Angel was what she had named herself.

She had only been caught three times, really. The poor family had caught her bobcat figure and turned her into the police, who turned her into the government and blah blah blah. She had gotten out with only a few casualties. Then this idiot trafficker had tried to grab her, but he got a nice scratch in the face from an angry fifteen year old girl. Her most recent mistake was running into a man from an adoption agency. He was curious on why she hadn't been in school and all that. Since she had been unable to lie (it was one of her flaws), she had been taken to a orphanage right away. She got out of that one, too.

During the government one, they had been surprised about something. Like her being an experiment or something, and not their newest generation of shapeshifters. She had been too busy making an escape plan to listen to much of their conversation.
But that was all in the past. Angel was about the present. Right now she was roaming near a coffee shop, debating on wether she should go in or not. She could easily charm one of the boys to give her free coffee and muffins, since she had virtually no money at all. She hadn't stolen very much, not exactly. More like flirted her way into getting things, then disappearing, leaving a poor boy clueless. She sometimes felt bad and sent letters, explaining she had an emergency, and had to leave. Brushing her thin hair out of her eyes, she strolled towards the door, already targeting a boy she would try and maneuver into giving her something.

Austin was not enjoying New York. At all. Too many people, for starters. And there was no privacy anywhere, so that meant no where to practice his new powers. His shapeshifting powers, to be exact. They were interesting to try, but he didn't want people seeing him turn into an animal. That would just be weird. It had happened before, and he wasn't planning on thinking about that, at all. He had been caught too many times to count.

He had panicked overtime, usually ending up killing someone. Not with his powers, just with the weapons he carried around. If he got caught for good, no one would be able to provide for his family. His brother, yeah, but he wasn't someone you could trust. Austin loved his family, even with all their troubles, and he wasn't exactly "on the run". He sent any money he earned or stole to his parents, never any for himself. He just stole things he needed, like clothes, food, entertainment, etc. It wasn't hard. He just took something and let, never sticking around one place for him to be found and given charges against.

Now Austin was just hanging around a random building, trying to figure out what he should do next. It seemed another blond haired girl was doing the same, only a couple feet away from him. he was too busy studying her when someone tripped him. He caught himself on a table, swearing. He whipped around, narrowing his eyes at the person who had done it. It was a girl with messy hair but otherwise sort of pretty. Which was bad, in his case. Austin wasn't good with good-looking girls.
"Watch where you'r egging." He mumbled, straightening up and giving her a distasteful frown. "This is New York. You should know better than to trip people just standing there." He accused, watching her without much interest.

Last edited by Vixen on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:18 pm

Lucidia wasn't a huge fan of big cities. She didn't like hot places, either, but the fact that New York got snow in the winter had pretty much convinced her to stay. It wasn't like Washington, D.C., which she knew didn't have skyscrapers because of the rule about the streets' length relative to adjacent buildings. Then again, it was too warm in Washington, D.C. Maybe not hte best place to live.

She generally had a distaste for people, not only because of the experiments the scientists had performed on her, but how they polluted the earth with their machines. Lucidia had had an affinity for animals for a long time, and so it was natural that she would side with them. In fact, she preferred animals to humans in terms of company - she hated crowds of humans at a party, but wouldn't mind sitting in a living room with several dogs or cats. It was somehow different - humans have the tendency of apelike deception and violents, while dogs or cats will relax and most likely not want to kill you. Something about animals was different that Lucidia liked, and so she preferred them.

For some reason she especially liked aquatic animals, probably because they were so different from land animals. Many seemed like aliens, even though they surely lived on earth. Or perhaps it was because of the zero-gravity blue world that they lived in. After all, deep blue was Lucidia's favorite color.

The fact that she could morph into a stingray probably had nothing to do with her liking for the ocean. It was most likely just a big coincidence. But you never know.

As for New York... it wasn't much of an ocean of fish as it was an ocean of people. With no water.

Even now as she strolled along the sidewalk, there were too many of them. She had always liked taking outside walks, but with the stinking smog from the cars it was different. For now she was more toward the edge of the city, so there wasn't as much of a herd of buffalo of cars. Nonetheless she could still smell them, and she hated the stench of the gases they emitted. Let alone the fact that she was paranoid of carbon monoxide poisoning.

It wasn't long before she accidentally bumped into someone who as far as she was concerned was a random passerby with no importance, her hands in her dark navy jacket pockets and her eyes mostly cast down at the concrete in front of her. She mumbled an apology almost too quiet for her herself to hear, but as far as she knew the random passerby didn't notice the bump. She might have heard a "watch where you're going" from somewhere about ten feet behind her, but she didn't pay attention. Just be glad you didn't get stung by a ray, she imagined herself retorting, and the situation practically made her mad enough to morph into one and snap her tail barb at Mr. Random Passerby.

She hardly noticed the odd but normal scene unfolding on the other side of the street, with all the cars and rushed people zooming by. She did look up for a second, though, and it looked like some sort of small fight. Lucidia had no interest in streetfights, though, so she carried on with her hands in her jacket pockets. It was warm in her jacket.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 12:47 am

"Look Mommy! Look! Lookie Mommy! Can I get it? Can I? Please? Mommy! Come on! Please!" The small red haired child practically leapt up and down in front of her haggled mother in the middle of the gift shop somewhere underneath New York, about ten steps from the subway train. The Mother sighed, trying to explain to the small child that they needed to get home and that she couldn't have the insanely expensive tiny brown dog stuffed animal. She was too tired and cranky to realize when the girl with long brown hair bumped into her, the girl's hand slipped into the shoulder purse, and expertly grabbed a couple of bills that wouldn't be missed... much. Katherine Nikhole Harris smiled at the woman, laughing and claiming it was all her fault. But as soon as she stepped back into the tunnel and heard the trains passing, a smirk crossing her features for a split second before the tall girl started to walk, her shoes making tapping noises on the ground as she jumped over one of the terminals to get out and slipped up the stairs, onto the street and into the dim, musty New York air.

Good thing because Kat hated sunlight.
Actually, she hated sun, warmth, anything like that. She was a cold kind of a person, enjoying dark weather, rain, storms, snow, anything that she could curl up by herself while the weather raged around her and feel like the only calm and sane person in the world. That was why she'd come to New York, it snowed a lot. And today was the perfect day, chilly, cloudy, that distinct and distant smell of rain Kat could always sense. It was a problem, a slight one, she had this thing where you could be talking with her one minute, and she'd zone off in the next, her head swiveling around knowing exactly what was happening a block away, but she couldn't help it. One, she was a dog, saying a dog had ADHD was putting it lightly, considering she was only partially one and she was like a person with ADHD on crack and steroids. Large cities made it a little harder to focus, but they were worth it, getting lost in crowds, sleeping underneath the stars in the middle of a park, just staring up at the sky. It was nice, being around people, because even if they were annoying and she hated them, they provided her nice cover from everyone who wanted her dead.

You see, Kat, or Nik, depending on what you want to call her, had a slight problem with mixing with the wrong people. Sure, for the past two years she had honed her stealing skills, able to nick money from someone without flinching or giving the other person enough time to even realize she'd taken their money, but she also had this thing where she sometimes got cocky. And since she was an orphaned runaway, cocky could get you killed in a couple of seconds.

There was this one time, she'd actually conned this guy into helping her get to Michigan because she got wind that there were some kind of other shape shifters out there, and she'd been hunky-dory, sitting on a plane, albeit, freaked and paranoid someone on there was going to try and kill her or turn her in, but nothing happened until she exited the airport. She had been in Detroit, heading to a smaller town in Canada, and it was dark out, not a problem for her, considering as a wolf, she had some pretty darn good eyesight, but some thugs decided to take a little girl for a spin, and had gotten their butts kicked, only for Kat to realize it was all a trap.

All these beefy security type guys and one with a video camera closed in on her, and she'd escaped with three bullet wounds in a leg, one across the chest when she'd be in mid-change to a wolf, and her tail... Yeah, that one had hurt like something while it was healing.

Now she was in New York, that'd been a couple months ago, so she was up and ready to be in a new city, where no one knew her name, and she could steal her way to the top of the food chain.
Her jeans hugged the girl in all the right places, while her tight shirt and leather jacket just made her seem all the more older as she walked down the street, catching some people's eye with a sultry smile, turning the charm on with her eyes. This was a usual, sometimes she'd get near a coffee shop and some idiot would buy her a cup o' Joe, or even a cookie if she asked real nice. Nik wasn't about to put out with any of them though, she'd learnt her lesson in Vegas, not everything that goes on there, stays there sometimes. She still couldn't believe some creep she'd met at a Casino had stalked her to another state. Nik had lost him sometime in Colorado when she'd finally been able to shift and run like Hell until she could get somewhere safer to catch her bearings, steal a bit more cash, nick some grub, and head to the Big Apple.

"Hey, you look cold, can I buy you a cup of coffee?" A man asked, probably at least twenty with his hands in his pockets, a shy smile on his face. Score! He was wearing a sweet watch that cost at least two hundred dollars on sale, smelled like cologne, and had an awesome jacket from Armandi, their winter collection, how nice. Kat hated fashion, but she kept up with brands that were high priced, an easy way to tell if the people you around were worth stealing from. She really had no morals, but stealing from poor people was just a jerk move, besides, it made her feel like Robin Hood, conning guys into getting her coffee and then grabbing his wallet and having her way with the insane amount of cash they kept on person. Like this one, in about five seconds after they sat down at a table, she'd be grabbing his and seeing if Mama was going to eat good tonight, instead of another great round of catch the squirrels in her wolf-y form.

That was, if she wasn't distracted by the smell of cat. Nik snarled in the back of her throat, zeroing in on a girl who had just bumped into a guy and was now trying her hand at flirting. Please, neither of them were all that attractive, and she looked like she was twelve. Rich Boy returned with a large coffee for the both of them and smiled at Kat, seemingly turning on the charm when he rested his hand an inch away from her's, "I don't think I've seen you around before..."
Please, Kat thought, Not this line again, what does that make? Seventy-eight since LA last New Years? Dang, guys really need to get better pick-up lines.
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:12 pm

)Aww you guys are all gonna show me up now... how can I compete with an average of five paragraphs? XD I do so haave a character here, BRACH HATH NAWT UPDATED YET>(

Alexsei swerved around the corner to a street alley, collapsing into a heap under a dark trenchcoat. Jeers and cursed streamed past him in murmurs and growls from three security guards as they surveyed the next corner. He froze in his tracks, breathing shallowly and scuffling backwards into the shadows. The teenage theif threw his head up to the quiet rain, not caring becuase his face was already drenched between sweat, a cracked lip and a dried nosebleed.
He bent his knees and the black trenchcoat slid apart to each side. Great, X thought, panting now like he'd just run the 5K downtown.
I lost them but Lefty's a shifter- I'd be a goner! Alexsei had already encountered the guards several times. 1) He stole 2) They knew he could you know what, and 3) Alexsei Torren Storm's life just sucks like that.
So what's this too-tall Russian stowaway running for you ask? Secrets. Lots, of secrets. "Just my luck....." X managed to scrape out of what little he could manage to say without a heavily Russian accent. "Alright you idiots, go make sure that I'm trapped, why don't you?" He whispered coldly, standing up but sticking to shadows.
Alexsei growled under his breath, wanting to just turn into that prehistoric mass of muscle that shared a brain with him and go tear the stuck-up holier-than-thou shapeshifters apart. He was the only Extinct shapeshifter that he'd met- so far. Okay, so maybe you've got a slim chance, the teen thought, daring to crane his neck out of the slim alleyway. Clear thankfully. X snuck back around the corner and walked predatoriously in the opposite direction- a.k.a following the ripple of heads torward the street fight- just to see how that was going. He liked to fight himself, though not without strategy. On that note, Lefty's coming to break it up! Alexsei narrowed his eyes as the scarred shapeshifter stepped in.
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 3:32 pm

Cassie did, without a doubt, now how to turn on the charm. However, there were the rare moments when her plans backfired, and she ended up snapping. Hey, in her defense, the boy snapped at her first! Of course, whenever she used that “excuse” (reasoning, as she insisted it should be called) back at her group home, she was immediately blamed and punished. It wasn’t fair. You could argue that “life isn’t fair”, but life had never been fair for her, and once, just once, she wanted it to be. But let’s forget about that, let’s focus on the cute boy dilemma.
“It was an accident,” Snapped the shorter, dark-haired girl. Her expression, which had been flirtatious moments earlier, was hardened. This was New York, after all. If she hadn’t grown up here, she wouldn’t be used to the attitude of most locals. The fact of the matter was, however, that this boy didn’t seem to be a local. He didn’t have that... That look. The “look” was that hard, if not guarded, look that most New Yorkers had in their eyes, a look that told everyone else to back off. This boy’s eyes looked guarded, of course, but not in the way that most rude locals’ eyes were.
It was actually kind of strange. For a while there, she had it in her head that he wasn’t rude. Cassie had no idea how, it had been a kind of instinctive feeling about him. Turns out, however, that she was wrong. He was just as rude as the rest of them.
Still, she couldn’t shake the feeling that this boy was different. In one way or another, he was not normal. She knew not how he was, or even if he was, or why she was suddenly sensing this about a stranger she’d “accidentally” tripped over in the street, but stranger things had happened, hadn’t they? She’d learned about her strange ability to shapeshift into a jungle cat, she’d escaped from the group home and actually survived on the streets, and she’d been attacked by a strange boy who’d seemed to already know who she was and what she could do.
Suddenly, her thoughts changed course. Dog. Her enhanced sense of smell told her the smell was coming from a girl, older than she, who was just sitting down with a guy (who, by the way, was way older than the girl). Normally, she would’ve written this off simply as, hey, maybe the girl had a pet dog. Maybe there were a couple hairs stuck to her clothing, and she could smell it. But no, this was different. Somehow, the smell of dog seemed to not be coming from the girl, but was her.
She then realized her head had snapped up and she was staring through the window of the coffee shop at the girl. Furrowing her eyebrows slightly, she felt compelled to go near the girl. Talk to her, something, anything. At the same time, she was intimidated.
“... Like I said, I’m sorry,” Cassie mumbled hastily to the boy she’d “accidentally” run into, pulling her coat tightly around her before starting into the coffee shop. It was as if her feet were moving her of their own volition as she left the boy standing on the sidewalk, walking into the coffee shop.
Hesitating for a moment, she looked quite like a small child who was lost. Her expression was one of someone confused, of someone who didn’t quite know what to do or how to act. And really, if she was honest, that was exactly it.
Then she started toward the girl. Cassie reached the girl in a few brisk strides. Tapping on her shoulder, she hesitated once more, then gave her an apologetic look. “Sorry to bug you, but, ah... I feel like- like I’ve met you before. Or something,” She said sheepishly, realizing how stupid she sounded with each word that spilled out of her mouth. But it’s not as if she could say it in front of the twenty-something-year-old guy sitting there, it’s not as if she could say “hey, um, you kind of smell like dog, are you by any chance a shapeshifter, like me?”
Yeah, no.

Andrew Darius Mackerbe was one of the few sitting outside the coffee shop, rather than inside of it. It’s not as if the weather bothered him, and it shouldn’t have bothered the people who chose to duck inside for cover, either, this weather being common this time of year in New York, but oh well. He sat at one of the cheap plastic tables outside, only shielded by the flimsy green umbrella that was supported by the pole smack dab in the middle of the table. He had his laptop balanced precariously on his knees, typing away at it furiously as if typing an essay that was due sometime soon.
He wasn’t, of course. Andrew didn’t go to school, in fact, he hadn’t been to school in a while now. Ever since he’d discovered his... His condition, he hadn’t been anywhere near his old home, his old school, his old life. The Andrew Darius Mackerbe that everyone had known and loved (not to sound conceited, or anything, but...) was long gone by now. He’d had to be left behind in California in order for this Andrew to survive.
The fact of the matter was that Andrew came from money, and lots of it. It hadn’t been hard to steal some of his parents’ money, after all, he couldn’t use his debit card. That could be tracked, and he would be found. He couldn’t afford to be found, not now. Not with someone out to get ‘im and everything.
So as far as money went, he was well off. He had enough money for the bare necessity's, nothing more and nothing less. He refused to waste money on luxuries, when he needed it for other, more important things. No, luxuries were something he could get by stealing. Unlike many of the girls he’d seen throughout New York, he couldn’t sweet talk his way into expensive gifts, so he settled with his way. It was kind of funny, how easy it was now. He’d been on the news for weeks after he’d stolen his laptop, the very one he had balanced on the tops of his knees, but according to the news, the suspect hadn’t left fingerprints or any clues as to who he or she was. Of course he hadn’t, he was smarter than that. Smarter than half of the morons that called themselves adults.
It certainly did help that Andrew was a shapeshifter. His animal was an owl, and when he first discovered his “condition”, he hadn’t exactly been pleased. I mean, come on, an owl? What’s an owl going to do to someone? He’d figured out, though, that there was a lot. For one, after he picked the lock on the electronics store, a tiny owl could slip in easily and avoid the infrared lasers that would’ve normally been tripped by a human. A tiny owl had insanely tricked out hearing and eyesight, compared to most humans, so a tiny owl could hear someone coming and flee before he was caught. And, if that owl were to be caught, he could just distract whomever with a quick claw to the eyes with his insanely sharp talons and take off.
M’hmm.
Tapping his fingers on the plastic table in front of him, he looked up from his laptop to survey his surroundings. It was hard not to notice things, when you had enhanced hearing and eyesight. Sometimes, it saved your life, and other times, it was just darn annoying.
Just outside the wire fence that ran along the length of the property (of the coffee) shop was a girl and a boy. The girl was a little younger than him, and the boy, a little older. The girl had thrown her foot in front of the other while walking and “tripped” on the boy. Now she was trying to flirt with him. It was hilarious, because the boy wasn’t buying it, and they looked as if they were arguing for a moment.
Suddenly, the girl was staring at the window of the coffee shop, where a girl, around his age, was sitting down with an older man. Tch, how disgusting. The girl mumbled something to the boy as if she were distracted, then started for the coffee shop dazedly. As she passed, Andrew nearly jumped out of his seat.
The hair on the back of his neck was standing on end as he watched he pass. The girl, who looked young in build but old and even wise in her expression, smelled of cat. See, cats liked to hunt birds. He shapeshifted into a bird, so naturally, anything that smelled of cat (or any other natural predator) freaked him out. It didn’t help that, because the animal he shapeshifted into was nocturnal, he was less alert in the daytime.
It wasn’t that the girl smelled of cat, that wouldn’t have normally bothered him. No, it was that the girl was the smell. He couldn’t quite explain it. He’d passed other people that probably had pet cats, and some of their scent had rubbed off. But this, this was different. It was as if the girl was the cat.
Andrew relaxed as soon as the girl passed, glancing back at the boy she’d left standing on the sidewalk. Tough love, ehehe. The boy didn’t freak him out, he found, although he did smell strangely of chipmunk. Or something of that nature. Eew.
A girl walked past the coffee shop briskly, and she smelled of the sea. That could be anything, he told himself stubbornly, though he had the strangest feeling about all of these people. They weren’t normal, that much, he knew for certain.
He finally zeroed in on a girl who was heading for the door. She was slim, but tall. From here, she looked rather unhealthy, with shock blonde hair that was nearly white. He blinked at her, drawn in strangely. Although he felt intimidated, if not afraid, as he’d felt with the dark-haired girl that’d passed, he shut his laptop, shoved it into his computer bag, slung the bag over his shoulder, and hurried after her.
“Hey, uh,” Andrew hadn’t actually thought this far ahead, as he found himself having tapped her on the shoulder. “Want me to buy you a coffee ‘er something?” He offered her kindly.

OOC; Andrew is talking to Angel, and Cassie is talking to Kat.
We need to figure out a way to get Mad MOAI and Blanx’s characters into the roleplayin', now, though. XD
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Angel never really asked to be a shapeshifter. She had wanted to be an artist, not a freaking shapeshifting bobcat-human. Her dreams were shattered, and stomped all over until they just became dreams instead pof possibilities. She had been an amazing drawer and won a lot of art competitions. Now it was too risky to enter compititions, and she didn't buy paper, since it was a waste of money. She was also running from people, so they could easily find her drawings. Sometimes she doodled on napkins, or trash scraps, but that was about it.

But there were some good things about being a shapeshifter. Even if you're in your human form, you're powers still linger. She has amazing senses, just like a cat. Her eyesight was quick and sharp, never missing anything unuasal or threatening. She had a keen sense of smell, which was good to use when talking to people she could possibly seduce into giving her something, like food or money. She didn't like drunk idiots, so if she smelt something or someone along those lines, she stayed clear of them. Her hearing was pretty good to, and she was always able to stay away from muggers and people trying to jump a pretty teenage girl who happens to be alone in New York.

Lost in thought, Angel almost didn't notice someone tap her shoulder. She would of idnored them, except for the smell they gave off. She whirled around and took a half step back, blinking. She looked surprised for a moment, but regained herself and smiled slightly. It was a little forced, because he smelled good. Like, really good. Not just his cologne, which was faint, but the bird smell. Bird. She was a predator, it was instinctive for her to react to a scent of any possible prey, even human. It was alarming that this boy in front of her had the scent of an owl, not a human, really. She found herself covering her nose for a moment, until she realized how rude that was.

"Oh. Sorry." She mumbled, pulling her hand away from her nose quickly. Angel's cheeks flushed, and she straightened up, looking a little sheepish. "I, uh, just..." She traield off, and frowned. Stupid. She was stupid. "Nevermind. A coffee would be nice, I don't have much money anymore." She said quickly, changing the subject abruptly.

Who was a dork? Angel. Who was in idiot? Angel. She hadn't meant to look so stupid, really, but it was an animal's instinct, not hers. What was she suppose to say, "you smell like bird and I want to eat you?" No way.
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:51 pm

Lucidia had pretty much decided to turn back. Honestly, she was just starting to get hungry, but it wasn't time for a meal yet. And she had a bit of money - she didn't live anywhere in particular, and she mostly got her money either from picking it up on the street or for doing random jobs for random people. Anything to do with animals was good, as long as she was old enough for it. Maybe if she could find out if she could do something with fish sometime soon. Lucidia was quite fond of aquatic things.

As expected, she passed right by the coffee shop. Well, she didn't really pass it - in fact, she went right into it. She tried not to look suspicious; just like a random person walking in... for some reason, though, it made her nervous being around so many people. It was as if they knew exactly who she was and where she lived, and they were going to lash out and kill her at any second. She tried just to act natural, and it sort of didn't work. She probably did look pretty skulky with all her nervousness walking into a simple coffee shop. Hopefully she'd be able to buy a tasty pastry. They had these good scones here she always enjoyed...

It really was quite awkward being around all these people. Maybe she should leave. Only after she got a tasty snack...
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 1:08 am

For a moment, Kat forgot about the guy who she had just conned into buying her coffee, she was in-tune with the girl who had just tapped her on the shoulder, only a couple years younger than herself, looking cold and worn, and who had just lamely asked her if she knew her from somewhere. The older girl blinked, the smell of cat was strong, coming off the girl from everywhere, masking any scent Kat might've been able to use to tell her this girl was like her, homeless, on the run from buff men who wanted her dead, all she knew was this girl didn't just own a cat, she almost seemed like she was one.

She didn't remember the guy's name sitting across from here, and frankly she could care less as Kat shot him a sultry, but sweet grin and waved her fingers at him, before smoothly saying, "Listen, Babe, I've got to go, thanks for the coffee, it really was delish, maybe we'll bump into each other again sometime. Blinking, Kat stood up, only a few inches taller than the girl. Grabbing the younger one's arm, she tugged her out into the street where the shape-shifter could think clearly and crossed her arms, "Listen you little twerp, I was just having a nice coffee when you come along, I've never met you before in my entire life, now make this easy on me and tell me where the guys are so I can get a head-start, okay? I'm not in the mood to kick some muscled guys' butts today in an ally-way, frankly, I wanted to sleep under the stars in Central Park tonight, but it looks like I'm not going to. So, I'm going to ask once, then, I'm going to figure out where to store your body. Who are you?"

(Lame post is lame, sorry people! D= I feel like a failure, but at least I posted...? Heh'?)
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:50 pm

)LOL bex! THNX for finally posting tho.(

Alexsei speedwalked close to the coffee shop with long strides and slumped up against a lamp-post to make it look more natural. Not like he was trying desperately to stay away from the bad side of shapeshift-land or anything...
He buttoned the trenchcoat back at the toroso. "Seems really cold over here...?" Torren mumbled to himself as he tucked each hand into the gaps, absentmindedly opening his ears to the other conversations around him. "...Tell me where the guys are so I can get a headstart..." What! Ok, suddenly it seemed his problems weren't only his. Being chased by buff guys? Er, yeah. Definetly not a one-solved problem.
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 2:41 pm

Andrew nodded, leading her into the coffee shop expertly. He knew that he was wasting his money, buying the poor girl a coffee, but come on! She was a pretty thing, no doubt about it, even if she did make his hair stand on end. He stepped up to the cashier, ordered the two of them coffees. While waiting for their order to be finished, he glanced back at the smaller girl. "What's your name, by the way? My name is Andrew," He held his hand out for her to shake, and he noticed that it was trembling slightly. Hopefully she wouldn't notice how downright terrified he was of her.
"D'you live in the city or are you visiting?" He added as he carried their two coffees to an empty table, next to one of the large glass windows. He set his computer bag on the ground beside him, then glanced up at the pretty blonde expectantly.

"Wh-what?" Cassie sputtered. Basically, what had just happened was she'd smelt the girl. The girl, who was now practically yelling at her, smelt like a dog. It wasn't just that, though, it smelt like she was the dog. Straightening slightly, she put on her best poker face. "Look, I'm sorry for freaking you out or whatever. I know I haven't met you before- you just... This going to sound strange, but you smell like dog." She paused, coughing. "Don't take that the wrong way, I just..." She trailed off helplessly. "Yeah."
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:23 am

Angel followed him, still unsure and a little hungry. She waited behind him for the coffee. Suddenly he turned around, offering his hand to shake while their order was made. He was kind of cute, not old and stupid, like some of the idiots she tricked. She took his hand and gave it a small shake.
"Oh. You can call me Angel." With her senses, his trembling was obvious, but Angel said nothing about it out loud. How odd it was, though. She slipped into the both, taking her coffee with both hands and smiling slightly at him. She never showed her teeth, because some were a little pointy. They were side-affects of all her shape-shifting. "I travel a lot." She admitted. She was telling the truth, of course, because it was hard for her to lie. Her fingers twitched slightly, itching to touch him again, for some reason. She took a small sip of her coffee, unaffected by the burning heat. It smelt so strange in thr shop. Like dog, cat, sea and bird. But none of those animals were in here. A small dispute caught her attention. Two girls, really, both in the direct direction of the smells of dog and cat. "What about you?" Angel asked, eyeing his laptop case.
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 11:11 am

Lucidia looked up from the floor, keeping her hands in her pockets. There was something... different going on today. She couldn't tell what it was, but the coffee shop had a different air to it today. It wasn't like she came here every day (she usually only managed to come here once every week or so), but she knew this place very well, and it wasn't the same today as it usually was. It had something to do with a place behind her. She was curious, and she felt like she blended in well enough that she could turn around and look. Discreetly, she scanned the place with her eyes, and didn't spot anything unusual. Everybody was sitting down, chatting about unknown things like relatives or work.

Oh, it was her turn. She stepped up, trying to look as brave as she could while she ordered her pastry. She attempted to make her voice smooth and loud enough to hear, but it wasn't easy. For how often she came here, she shouldn't be afraid of the clerks!

After receiving her delicious, coveted treat, she found an empty seat far from many people and sat down. The fear slowly subsided, and she sighed, resisting the urge to scurry out of here and find somewhere she could be alone.

The treat was mighty tasty today.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 12:09 pm

"Oh, brilliant, 'You smell like dog.' Gee, I wonder why." Kat snapped, glaring at the younger girl, "You smell like a cat, I wonder why." Raising a finger to her chin, the other girl tapped it sarcastically for a moment, pretending to be deep in thought before she smiled, "Oh! I've got it! Probably because you're working with the people trying to kill me. Am I right? Did I win a life-supply of running from crazy people, homelessness, and suck?" At the girl's strange look, realization suddenly dawned on Kat. "Oh. Oh-" She didn't even get the curse word out before she was interrupting herself, "You aren't... Oh... Oh... Oh..." Blinking, Kat took one step back, before running a hand through her hair and over her head, puffing out a breath and staring up at the sky, "Why me?" Tilting her head back down, Kat leveled her gaze at the girl, then offered her hand, "I'd apologize, but it's not worth my time. I'm Kat, that's all you really need to know other than the fact that I'm just made an even bigger witch out of myself than I normally do. Not that it bothers me, 'keeps the normal crazies away; but you seem like a kid who's gone through a little to much for how old you are, like moi. So I'm going to give you some advice," The older girl blinked at the younger one for a moment before saying, "Smell someone who smells like an animal again and don't approach them. I'm paranoid for a reason, as should you."

(You guys can kill me. I forgot about this. And by forgot, I mean, I completely forgot that I even joined it... I hope my post doesn't suck to much. I tried, I really did.)
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 12:16 pm

)Eheheh, das okay Bexx.(

Alexsei edged closer to the awkward conversation little by little. Don't approach them... Ha. Got *that* right. He heard cops pull in and the slow whine of the siren behind him. Apparently they were stopping that fight. But- where was Lefty? Oh, crud. Oh, no. Lefty? Behind him. Torren walked quickly over to the two girls. "Hey. You two. I was never here, okay? Watch out for the dude that runs after me when I bolt. He's crazy. I would suggest going into the coffee shop, m-kay?" The teen waved awkwardly and started to edge away.
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Cassie wasn't afraid to admit it- she'd been ready to bolt. Then, however, the girl had come to sudden realization that she, Cassie, was one of her kind. If, you know, shapeshifters are a "kind" of people. At first, the girl, older, stronger, and faster than she, had thought her a threat, thought her someone who was trying to hurt her. To be honest, Cassie had thought that the other girl was going to, like, go all ninja on her butt at any second. Thank goodness she'd realized she wasn't one of them. The bad people, she called them, for there was no other name for them but that.
Cassie awkwardly shook the girl, Kat's, hand. "Oh, it's fine. I-I mean, I shouldn't have, y'know, approached you all out of the blue and whatnot." She withdrew her hand, watching Kat curiously. Basically, the older girl was telling her not to approach anymore of their kind. But why she was telling her this didn't make any sense.
"Why not? I mean, isn't it better to stick together than to be apart?" Cassie asked, raising her eyebrows in silent question and cocking her head to the side. "'United we stand; divided we fall', isn't that right?"

Andrew nodded, smiling slightly at Angel. He seemed genuinely curious, and truth be told, he was. This girl intrigued him for reasons he couldn't explain, so what was there to do but to pursue it further? The coffee was still hot, but she drank it as though the heat didn't even affect her in the least. Maybe it didn't.
"I used to travel a lot," He admitted slowly, as though choosing his words carefully. He wasn't sure how much to reveal about himself. After all, just because the girl intrigued him and smelled like she was an animal, like he probably did, it didn't mean she wasn't dangerous. It didn't mean that he could just slip into a comfortable daze and forget about the danger that was surrounding him at all times. "I haven't left New York in a while, though- I like the city." That was true, but not for the usual tourist reasons. He liked New York because New York was a city that you could get lost in.
He noticed her eyeing his laptop case- his stolen, laptop case- and blinked slightly. She wasn't going to steal from him, was she? He hoped not. He liked her and her stealing his precious (stolen) laptop wouldn't make him the happiest camper in the world.
"Where have you visited, then?" Andrew inquired, smiling at her as he took a sip of his coffee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<   u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN< I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

u p r i s i n g -- a shapeshifter roleplay >OPEN<
Page 1 of 1