RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Harvey
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Harvey

The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt Empty
PostSubject: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:47 pm

They've been hidden for years
Running
Shivering
Praying for their safety
Hoping that one day, there will be peace.
But they are losing that hope.
As the hunters grow stronger and stronger, witches and wizards are disappearing more than ever.
Not into hiding, either.
But now, they are gathering.
The heads of the Underground Railroad for Magic Folk have sent out a secret message, hopefully to reach all witches and wizards.
They are gathering in London, England, the birth place of Magic, to start learning new magic to defend themselves.
This is where you come in.
You are a witch or wizard, no?
Then you have just been invited to our meeting.

.:So will you join the fight?:.

RULES:
1. NO GODMODDING! It ruins it. If every Witch/Wizard was all powerful, then there wouldn't be any hunters.
2. Each Witch/Wizard has a specialty in one certain element. These elements can venture out from the main four elements of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water, but it is very rare. So, ask in your forum for a certain specialty. Also, remember that Magic Folk can use other magic besides their specialty.
3. Your character can be very young or very old, however you please. BUT, you may NOT be immortal.
4. Location is because if you live farther away from London, it makes your posts more exotic. Try and be adventurous!
5. Means of transportation: this can vary from flight by broom, bat, or however you want it to be! We're Magic Folk; be creative. I will tell you if you need to fix it, though.
6. Special Animal: While you would assume most people have cats, you'd be wrong. Your special animal is your soul animal; your other life. Be wise when picking out your animal.
7. On the romance scale, I'm okay with it. But keep it PG-13. We don't want a lot of romance, because we have a plot! Romance can add to your sub plot, but don't make it huge.

Forum:
Name:
Witch or Wizard?: (basically, gender)
Looks:
Specialty:
Means of transportation:
Special Animal?:
Person played by:

WITCHES:

Name: Marie Louise
Spoiler:
Person played by: Harvey

Name : Lilliana Marie Grimm
Spoiler:
Person played by : Rebecca! =D
WIZARDS:

Name: Dorman York
Spoiler:
Person played by: Suburbia

Last edited by Harvey on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://sushai.deviantart.com
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:24 pm

Forum:
Name : Lilliana Marie Grimm
Witch or Wizard? : Witch
Personality : Fierce and dark, Lilliana seems to come off as a loner, but in reality, she doesn't mind having them though. She does tend to be a bit stand-offish when you first meet her. Lilli, (a nickname she's always had), is very smart at times, except she doesn't tend to think things through sometimes. She's a very quiet person, seeming to not want to offend anyone, but if she's a very close friend to you and trust you (which takes a long time) she'll open up to you and won't care what comes out of her mouth. Lilliana takes protection very seriously and wouldn't dare do anything to expose their kind to the humans. She is extremely good with her powers, but her emotions tend to control what limits she has, (I.E. - If she's angry, her powers will be ten times more powerful, yet not so much under control, if she's sad, her powers will be weak and a bit under control. If she's happy, they are normal control and pretty powerful.)
Looks : With long dark chesnut brown hair and greenish-grey eyes, Lilliana has a very interesting appearance. She tends to wear her long hair in ponytails or on the top of her head in a bun when she's focusing on learning something new with her powers. Lilliana has a very angular face and dark eyebrows that always seem to be high, like she's angry with someone. She wears jeans and tee shirts most of the time, and has very pale skin. Her shoes can be anything, as long as they are comfortable and she can run in them. Lilliana stands around 5'7, pretty tall, with long legs making her a pretty fast runner. She has one necklace that she always wears. It's a silver bead charm with lots of different swirls on it that hangs on a black cord. Along with the necklace, Lilliana can always be found with black and white glasses.
Specialty : Air - The Mind (If alright.), The saying 'the wind whispers' comes to mind when you think of Lilliana's power. Along with the ability to make wind whenever needed and control the limited storm, Lilliana can also harness her abilities to hear people's thoughts. The wind carries a lot of secrets, and it seems to almost hone that ability onto Lilliana when she activates the power. She also has telekinesis, the ability to move objects with her mind, or the wind. Making the girl able to lift things with the wind's help if needed.
Means of transportation : Her necklace - If Lilliana whispers a set of words to the necklace, it activates a teleportation spell she put on it, which makes her able to transport anywhere in the world if she wishes and imagines the place exactly in the mind. Making it hard if she's never been to the place before.
Special Animal? : A Chocolate Lab named Mocha that her Father and Mother gave her when she turned twelve.
Bio (optional) : When Lilliana was nine, both sets of grandparent's died at the hands of Hunters. When she was thirteen, her father was killed by a group of Hunters also. Now seventeen, her mother passed away of mysterious causes last year and the girl is all alone. She inheirited all of her family's belongings, but has sold most of them, and stays in an apartment in Seattle with the money and everything she kept. Lilliana leads a mysterious and secretive life, with only Mocha for company, and her history. Since the beginning of the Magical world, Lilliana's family has been a part of it. The granddaughter of two of the most powerful Fire and Earth families, it came as a surprise to everyone when she was discovered to have an Air ability. Her grandparents weren't very happy with the change and Lilliana was separated by them for a long time, only seeing them once every few years. Her father was a dark and powerful Fire type, while her mother was a soft, yet deadly Earth type. No one in the family has ever been a water type, and Lilliana was the first Air type.
Person played by : Rebecca! =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Name: Dorman York
Witch or Wizard?: Wizard
Personality: Dorman is a bit like a dog. He is very obediant, and sometimes loud and overreactive, but needs to be trained in order to obey to you. He has the compassion to help you in your problems and battles, but will leave before you have a chance to say "thank you". Dorman does enjoy the arts, creating little dances in his head or music to fit the moment. He cannot talk, due to being stricken with a disease when he was young. This was actually when he realized his magical powers, being able to cure himself from the remainder of the disease that did not effect him. His parents wanting to tell him latter in life about them in order for him to use them well, and not abuse the gift. Dorman also enjoys yoga and clothing.
Looks: Dorman is tall at 5' 8", but had always been through life. He has a high fashion sense, allowing him to analyze fabric and create clothes for himself. He tends to have his grey hair in either a resting on his head, with long bangs, or spiky, as if his hair were porcupine quills. Anything else is exceedingly rare. Dorman has grey eyes, but uses contacts to match his appearance often. His eyes are usually relaxed, thus making him look like he's sleepy most of the time. Dorman is close to having abs, but until then, he is just very skinny, with his ribcage showing if someone were to look. Dorman keeps his hair in tip top shape, shaving it off every day in order to run and swim faster and so it would not intertwine with the fabric he wears. His eyelashes do this often, but he is not that adventurous.
Specialty: Dorman, unlike the classical 4 elements, has the specialty of wood - The Serenity, which was a part of the Chinese elements in the ancient empire. Because of this, he is able to hear the movements of the earth through the trees, which, underneath the soil, eventually connect with the others in that area. This element has also taught him to be serene during meditations, which allows him to sometimes see into the past, present or spiritual world, for which the trees have seen as well. It's sorta like messaging them. However, he is not able to choose whether it is the past, present, or spiritual world he is looking into.
Means of transportation: Meditation. When in the traditional position (sitting with your legs crossed), Dorman thinks a location and, if he is able to go there through the ground, then he transforms into energy and flows through the ground until he arrives.
Special Animal?: The white jaguar, which represents the disease that has brought onto him his muteness.
Location: He travels around a lot, but let's start off with Greece.
Bio: Dorman had gained amnesia due the sickness, thus forgetting most of his childhood. However, he knew that after he had learned his powers, his mother and father were killed and the rest of his family was shut off from him. To this day he slowly tries to remember everything, including what the name of his sickness was. Till then, all he tries to do is survive and try to find someone to take him into their house for a while.
Person played by: Suburbia

Last edited by Suburbia on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Harvey
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Harvey

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:56 pm

(( Accepted! I like both of your specialties, so I'll let you guys use them :D))
Back to top Go down
Harvey
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Harvey

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:01 pm

Marie walked down the streets of Downtown Portland, alone except for the small fox that trailed beside her. Her face was dirty from the little scuffle she had just been in in the local pub; making it obvious that it had been weeks since she was last offered a shower. She looked down at River, her fox companion who was whimpering, in confusion, then slowly noticed that it was beginning to rain. Pulling up her hood over her black hair, she jogged over to the nearest store, hiding underneath the shaded area.
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:10 pm

((I just read your opening... London isn't in France. That's England, Harvey. Yeah)))
Back to top Go down
Harvey
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Harvey

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:18 pm

((Pssh.... I so knew that.... XD I fixed it. Thanks Subb :3))
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:08 pm

((No probs))

Dorman had paced the sidewalks of Greece for quite some time now, and today was the day he would be leaving it. He waved to the neighbors he loved so dearly, though he had not known their names, but Greeks don't need any names to be recognized. When he approached the local airport, he pondered whether or not this was a good decision. The trees said to, He thought, and reassured himself that England was the place to be. With that, he walked into the airport in his checkered clothes that reminded himself of Ragady Ann.
Back to top Go down
Harvey
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Harvey

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:17 am

Marie sighed as the rain slowly started to cease, allowing her to get up and start walking again. Holding her fox in hand, she watched as a bus halted in front of her, the driver familiar and kind.
"Marie," he scolded her, "You need to get a job."
"I can't, Rob, you know that. No one would hire me," Marie said simply, "Now, I need to get to Seattle. As soon as possible."
"What on earth are you planning, Marie?"
She gave him a mischievous smirk as she boarded onto the bus. "Something witchy," she said quietly and laughed at the irony of it.
Shaking his head, Rob closed the door to the bus as Marie sat down behind him. He was another Wizard, and always provided Marie with "normal transportation", if you could call it normal. His bus was incredibly fast, but only at night. She always asked him for rides to places, due to it being more discreet then her broom stick.

((Think I should make another character to roleplay with you, Sub?))
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:34 pm

((Whatever you want))

Dorman was starting to regret this decision, and once again went over the plan in his mind. He had studied the airport before, but never snuck into it. Now was the time...

Dorman sneaked behind a family as they entered the airport and went to a nearby Cinnabon. Thankfully, everyone was on break, and the next flight to London wouldn't be for another hour. Dorman, with the help of his spirit animal, had hidden behind the counter, where there were some scraps of old cinnamon buns. Once he had feasted on those, Dorman flashed over to the terminal gates. Luggage was coming aboard onto flight 493, and Dorman transported into one of them. Then, it would just be a long wait until he had landed aboard.

Dorman felt fully satisfied with this plan until he realized something: Why go through all that trouble when he can just transport there with his meditation? Sometimes he wondered if that stupid sickness affected his common sense as well.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:57 pm

(I WILL NOW POST. xD)

Lilliana sat on her couch flipping through the channels on her old TV that came from her parent's will. Well, everything came from their will. Mocha was snuggled up beside her, asleep. The girl's stomach growled, so she snapped her fingers and watched as a wallet carried itself over to her on a gust of wind. Picking it up, she suddenly froze before swearing in her head, Hunters, here? Now? She thought with a growl. Lilliana stood up and felt her hair flow out behidn her as she padded forwards, barefoot in her apartment until she reached the door. Opening it tentively, there was a blast of light and Lilliana screamed.
-
The scream continued until Lilliana woke up from her nap on the couch. Mocha was barking lightly and licking the brunette's hand, nudging her face with its nose. Lilli blew out a breath, blinking rapidly to clear the haunting dream she had just had. This one was a regular, others included, re-living her parent's deaths, like she had been there, being captured by Hunters, and worst of all, loosing her powers in a great time of need. Lilliana was almost boarder-line scitzophrentic because of what had happened to her family, making her feel uneasy when her stomach growled just like it had in her dream. Deciding to change the dream, she stood up on her own accord and took her wallet from the dining room table, before waving her hand at the stack of take-out menus piled on the counter. Italian, No, Chinese? No... American? Lilli shook her head and sat down on the floor, a habit of hers when she felt over-whelmed. Mocha padded over to her and barked before looking pointedly at the door. Lilli closed her eyes and channeled her mind reading powers, another witch was on their way to her house?
Back to top Go down
Harvey
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Harvey

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:28 pm

Marie's body lurched forward as the bus came to a sudden stop. "What's going on?" she asked, surprised.
"Something's stopping my bus from going any further. I'm going back to Portland."
"No!" She yelled, jumping over to the door and forcing it open. "I've got to go to Seattle!"
Rob sighed, watching as rain droplets started to fall onto Marie's head. "Then you'll have to walk from here. It's about an hour's drive, and lord knows how long of a walk. Find another witch to stay with if you can."
And with that, he was gone.
Swearing under her breath, Marie put River underneath her sweatshirt, cradling him to keep him warm. The poor thing hated rain, and she didn't like how the meeting was in another rainy place.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 9:35 pm

Lilliana looked at the door, the witch, whoever she was, had been traveling on the night bus that was run by a wizard. Mocha barked at her heels as Lilliana padded forward and opened the door to her apartment before peering out into the hallway and making sure the coast was clear. She shut the door again and slipped on some shoes before picking up her necklace that hung around her neck and stepping out of her apartment, leaving Mocha inside. Lilli soon found herself feeling as if she was being pushed and pulled in many different directions, before she appeared in a gust of wind in a dark alley. She stepped forward and looked into the street, placing where she was. Oregon? Lilli thought, stepping out and running a hand through her hair, looking through the mist the rain had kicked up. She personally liked the rain, but something felt wrong and sinister about it. Reaching out with her mind, Lilliana tried to find the other witch, but the mist was messing with her powers.
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 9:42 pm

After a short period of time, Dorman found himself in London town, and it was quite nice. There were people speaking English, which was the language he knew best, and other street urchins. It would be quite nice here. With his spirit animal by his side, he analyzed the streets until he found a nice place to meditate and see what he would find then. He located a quiet spot and began the meditation...

There were two girls that he saw. First was a brunette, seemingly Indian, who was carrying a fox, possibly a spirit animal, under her sweatshirt. She seemed quite worn out. The second one was paler than the first, and a different hair style. He couldn't seem to find any animal associated with her. However, the pale girl seemed to be lost, while the Indian just seemed frusturated.

This was all he needed to know for now. He stood up slowly, knowing how meditation drains his energy quickly, and tried to find a warm spot before drifting off to sleep, his jaguar by his side, keeping him warm. Of course, no one saw the animal, which would have had them call authorities. That wouldn't be good at all.
Back to top Go down
Harvey
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Harvey

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:51 pm

As Marie walked further on, a strange mist started to wrap around her. Squinting, she desperately tried to walk through it, but it whipped her body around like she was a rag doll. Clinging onto her fox, she suddenly bumped into something, or more like someone. Marie squealed out as they both fell down, but quickly pulled herself up, staring at the other girl.
"W-who are you?" She stuttered, eyes wide in fear.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:17 pm

Suddenly, Lilliana was slammed into. Looking down, she saw a smaller girl, maybe younger too, with brown hair and tanned skin, making her almost look Indian. She reached out to the girl's mind and nodded before smirking, "I'm the witch you were looking for." The paler girl extended a hand, "My name is Lilliana, it's nice to meet you. I am an Air element, if you don't mind me asking, what are you?" Lilli questioned, brushing back her hair with a hand before shivering in the damp and cold air. "I have an apartment in Seattle, why don't I transport us there?" She held up her necklace to show the girl and motioned to the alley-way she had literally just came out of five seconds ago, as if to ask again.
Back to top Go down
Harvey
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Harvey

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Marie was hesitant, making sure that River was safe in her arms before saying, "I'm Marie, a fire element. Yes, I shall accompany you." The words were formal and rehearsed, but she felt that she was safe with this witch, so she grabbed her hand firmly to let her transport them.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:44 pm

Lilliana touched her necklace and whispered a set of words to it. There was a pulling sensation before the both of them appeared in front of the door to her apartment. Lilli suddenly froze when she pushed open the door and looked around worriedly. Mocha wasn't barking and coming straight to the door like he usually did. Stepping through the threshhold, Lilliana looked around before she was tackled by Mocha and sighed, "Sorry, Down boy." She muttered, shutting the door after Marie. "Why were you coming to see me?" Lilliana asked politely, motioning to the couch or the two chairs Marie could sit down in, if she wished. Suddenly, there was a flash of Lilli's powers and she saw a boy that was tall, who was thinking about Marie and Her, in the street, where they just had been. Blinking, Lilliana shook her head, she wasn't used to the random bursts of powers she had sometimes, it hadn't run in the family.
Back to top Go down
Harvey
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Harvey

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:25 pm

Marie looked curiously at Lilliana before sitting down, still unsure of her thoughts on the air witch. "I need to go to a local witch run airport here in Seattle. They have a station that allows my broom to fly unnoticed to England for the Gathering..." she paused, searching Lilliana's face for her reaction. "Do you know of the Gathering?"
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:13 am

Dorman woke up relatively early the next day, considering the fact that transportating to another time zone in the blink of an eye would give anybody a bodily clock screw up. He arose to his feet with the help of his spirit animal, and wandered the streets, seeing if someone had a fat wallet in London that he could snatch. However, it seems that the gods punish evil thoughts, for no sooner had he thought that did a pot hole that he did not see before consume him, sending him crashing into the sewer.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Lilliana froze, looking at Marie with distant eyes, "Yes... I know of the Gathering." She hadn't attended one since her family had passed. Though she knew about it, how witches and wizards from all over attended. "... Why are you attending?" Lilliana knew that she was supposed to attend each time they held one, but she hadn't for the sheer fact being around the other witches and wizards made her feel strange, like she would be attacked like her family at any moment. Lilli shivered and looked at Marie, "Do you mind if I come with you?" Suddenly, Mocha started to bark and growl at Marie and jumped up on her legs. Lilliana saw something move and then a fox leapt away from Marie and dashed away from Mocha. She groaned and looked at the other girl, "Sorry, Mocha's my animal."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt   The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Magic Folk: Part One: The Hunt
Page 1 of 1