RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.

Go down 
+5
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Rebecca
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Mistyy
Peachfrost
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Location : Dear Gravity, you've held me down in this starless city.

The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:43 pm

Thank you guys x)

I like it too. I just like letter form stories. Much more creative and pleasing. But just so you know, The Good Earth, if you ever decide to read it, is not in letter form nor is it like this at all. Well, a little, but not really. I just got the idea from it :]
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:15 pm

Dear Nomura,

It has been a week since I've last wrote to you, and I sincerly apoligize. I have been very busy! Not too much news has happened, but hear this-

One of the older slaves has fallen ill recently, to an unknown cause. Her duty before she was sick was to go out to market every morning and purchase everything on the lists of the Great Lords and Old Mistress, and some of the cooks. I suppose one of the Lords must have seen my busy work cleaning the kitchens and told the Mistress, because they have chosen me to take her place for the time being! It is such an exciting job I have been given. Well, and it is finally a chance to get out without being in trouble. Besides these, I get to purchase, without using my own savings, things I have never even heard of. Lotus says that many of the ingredients are delacacies to the North. Things like Okra and Lotus seeds we've never tasted on our poorer tongues before. When the dawn has come and the sun shows a gold rim over the edge of the distant fields,
I leave to get to the shops and venders as they open.
Lotus has taught O-lan a useful trick while I've been out searching and shopping. It takes me half the day, somtimes, untill I return to find these two playing. Now O-lan can hide when we tell it to. Now we work with less worry on our backs, without having to check and see if it is away from the other women. O-lan is doing fine, as well. We like to call it a she, for we're still not sure what it is. She likes to eat the skins of the already-cooked vegatables, and somtimes I can sneak her a piece or two of fat and meat. I wish so much that you could see her, our little dragon baby!

Love,
Vienna.
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:23 pm

I have updated the third post on the front page to link you to each day. Sorry if it's a bit confusing, I got lost myself at first xD
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:46 pm

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

MOAR STOREEZ
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:30 pm

Dear Nomura,
Day 8 or 9 of my staying at the Great House has come and gone. Do you remember that older slave that was ill before? She died last night. Still no one knows why. Lotus says probably a disease from far off, like the northern fields or so, and I do not know how she could have gained this, so I don't know what to think. But now we must wear masks upon our mouths in case of germs of that disease still linger in the air.
I was smacked this morning, Nomura. It was quite the shock, for it was for not purchasing a food item on the list. It was greatly over priced today in the market so I did not bother with it and was planning on gettign it tomorrow. But One of the young lords found out and told and I was smacked. Now I have learned that there is no opinion in my duties and I must do what is I am told.
A stray cat wandered into the courts today, as well. Well, and it was quite the sight seeing the older ladies try to shoo it away while the younger ones, even younger than I and Lotus, try to pet it and feed it scraps and hide it away in their beds. Lotus named it Ching, in hopes that it will return each day for a short visit. We think it will bring a little happier sight to our days, seeing another being besides these women and greedy young lords. Oh and our Dragon baby! She is fine still. She getting trained well at night and is a good hider.She likes to play with my foot wraps when they come undone somtimes and will pounce and flap at them curiously.

Signed,
Vienna.
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:33 am

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:36 am

YAY CHING XD

Ching the kitty cat :3
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:21 pm

Ohhhh! I love it! :D, Ching and O-Lan. xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:55 pm

xD both are names from the book, cos I couldn't think of anything xD
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:51 pm

Dearest Nomura,

Today, day ten or eleven, was quite confusing. I am still left unsure about the events that happened.
After shopping this morning, I sat outside for a moment longer on a bench to admire this dawn's golden ripened sun. I noticed another slave, which I believe I have heard her said before, Aeko, was sitting across from me, silent as any other and staring kindly into the sun. Secretly in my own head I wondered why she was out, for slaves are not aloud to just leave whenever we may please. But I said nothing, just sat near her, sharing her sight. Then another slave caught her, an older one, and began to beat her with that thing that hung from the kitchen wall. I feared of that thing and so I spoke not a thing. Aeko is a good slave, I knew, and I could not understnad why she was being struck like so for such a minor mistake. When she sent Aeko back inside, her face wet with tears, along my way as I shuffled past, I asked the old slave, "Why do you beat certain slaves like so? I was out as well and I have finished my morning duty and I was foolishly lingering outside too."
The older slave led the way for me inside and said, "Aeko is but a young, stupid slave, and she will somday be married to a farmer. She is average and dim in mind and we do not need to care for her as we do you or some of the others." I was still uncertain of what she was meaning. "What are you saying?" I asked. "You are pretty, with wrapped feet and pale skin. Somday you will marry a wealthy man, and he will take care of you and you might somday be an old Mistress. We care not to treat you like slaves as much as those others because we want to give at least some a prize and so their generations return for more." she had replied.
Well, and I am unsure how to take this, Nomura. It is flattering, but unright. I dared not say anymore, for fear she would beat me yet or change her mind and so I went straight to scrubbing the kitchen floor while she rehung the weapon, and only talked shyly and quietly to Lotus for the rest of the day. I miss you, and hope to see you soon. Send my love.

Signed,
Vienna.
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:55 pm

Editing First page!

Feedback please :]

I feel like I am going slightly amiss with where the story is going, but I wanted to add some more detail on how crazy these great houses were.
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:39 pm

YAYYYYY!

MORE BABY WINGED FERRET! MORE CHING!
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:17 pm

Awesome Bon Bon!

I love it! I could say Ching all day.

ChingChingChingChingChingChing...O-lan! xD
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:25 am

I love that word...ching...teehee.
Anyway, it's still great Bon...Bon....:P
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 11:37 am

:] thanks, everyone. I'm glad you like the animals involved in the story, as well XD
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 5:56 pm

Beloved Nomura,
I apoligize for keeping you waiting. I am still confused about this Great House and mezmorized and scared all at once.
Well, and Lotus and I witnessed a wedding today. One of the older slaves of 19, I believe her name is Soku. A timid-looking farmer boy came in to wed her, and you should have seen his face when the Old Mistress brought in Soku to show him. It was a sight to see. But we couldn't watch long, for fear of getting caught.
O-lan is as mischeivious as ever. She can sort of fly, though not very high. Lotus and I have noticed that her matalic color is almost more lively in the morning at dawn and at sunset. But perhaps it is just the light reflecting off her skin. She hasn't gorwn much, either, but still eats like a dog!

Ching visited us, as well. The usual caos happened, but when everyone though he was scared away, I really had grabbed him and took him out back to give him the scraps of last night's dinner. Chaing is a puzzling animal, and right when he seems affectionate and it looks like he'll follow you all day long, as soon as you looks away, he is gone. Off to trick more villagers for food, I would think!
Sorry I do not have more to report today. I promise though, as soon as somthing happens I will write to you.

Signed,
Vienna.
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:24 pm

Coolio!
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 2:07 pm

MOARRRRRRRRRRR
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 5:10 pm

Dear Nomura,

Shall I get straight to the point today, Nomura? Dear Lotus has fallen ill. Thankfully not like that older slave who passed a while back. I always feel so sorry for my friend- nothing seems to go right lately. But she smiles when she reads the letters she receives from her brother, and that makes me smile as well.

In market today, I walked past a barber stall. He had a mirror set up behind him, and I caught myself glancing at it in the corner of my eye. This is when I realised I have never seen myself before. I probably did when I was little, in the reflection of a window, but this was so much different. I had no idea. My cheek bones are high, my flesh pale and shined, and my dark eyes and round and soft and I have a piece of hair that falls to the side of my eye. This sight I saw in the mirror- I thought I was looking at one of the older, prettier women of the Great House. I understand better now of what that old slave talked about that day when she beat the younger girl. It scares me though, my reflection, and I kept walking. It scares me because I've see the pretty slaves married off quickly to men who are rich and lustful and are even somtimes abusive. I'm not bragging, either, Nomura- I just never thought I looked the way I did.

Love,
Vienna.
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 5:17 pm

YAY! But don't kill Lotus. Or else.
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 5:45 pm

I don't believe she dies...you'll just have to find out!
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 5:48 pm

Good. Well...don't kill O-lan, or Ching too. OR ELSE! >XD
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 5:52 pm

xD dear socky...
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 12:33 pm

Wow, I really like this story! :D Its super good. I hope Lotus gets better! Shes cool. xD
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:41 pm

^^ Mhhm. Lotus is really smart for a slave in those times, eh? I hope shes well too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next