RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.

Go down 
+5
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Rebecca
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Mistyy
Peachfrost
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Location : Dear Gravity, you've held me down in this starless city.

The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. Empty
PostSubject: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 6:35 pm

These letters have been found by an American traveler named Tara.

She's told me that they most likely were written in the 1920's, by a young 15 or 16 year old girl.
Her name is Vienna, and just before the first letter was written, she was sold off to a Great House off in Northern China.

This is her story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Nomura,

Today was my first full day at The Great House. Well, and it does feel so strange being here!
There are many other women, and I think most are around my age or likely. My duty here, as it seems I have been placed into, is to clean the kitchens. Scraping the pottery ovens, replacing the coal, that sort of thing. It feels, too, that with every move I make a pair of eyes are watching me. I have come to learn also that no one ever goes hungry here, in The Great House, and the slaves are well taken for. I've seen some older women even with lovely jewels and silver earrings! They all are adorned in fine fabrics, as well. Which surprises me so, because who has ever heard of the slave who wears violet silks? Not I! Suppose somtime I should be given somthing neater to wear, but not yet today.
I have forgotten to mention- and do not tell mother or father -that just before they have given me up, I found somthing rather special. It is an egg and it is gold and light pink and with swirls as intricate as the small flowers that surrounded our old home. The little thing is so dainty and delicate, and just a bit larger than a healthy hen's egg. I cannot wait to see what it hatches into, and so I keep it tucked soundly away in my part of the courts. I check it more than I should, but I try to ignore it somtimes and the others are starting to get suspicious I think. Oh I hope I make some sort of aquintance here soon. It feels so very lonely. But my absence to be here at The Great House was for good use of the family and I hope you are getting along much better now.

With love,
Vienna.
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 6:36 pm

Notes-

The Great House~
Basically, a Great House is a very large, multi roomed complex, that takes in young girls to be slaves. Some familys sell their girls to Great Houses for money, like Vienna's family who were troubled into being poor due to the season's lack of rain. The slaves then grow up in these places, and many are married off (against their will,) to men.

Binded Feet~
A woman with feet bounded in cloth cannot walk very fast and often suffers great pain. They are wrapped in strong cloth to soften the bones, to keep the feet from growing larger.

Opium~
An addictive narcotic from Opium Poppies.

O-lan~
Vienna's sweet baby dragon. It looks just like this,
The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. 547020 but with a few small swirls of light pink. It will always be this tiny, because it suffers from dragonic dworfism.

Ching~
An old, pale brown thin cat with golden eyes. It comes in and visits the Great House every so often for food. To some it is bad luck, to others it is good. So it is usually shooed and petted and stolen and hidden under beds all in one day. So it does not come around often xD

Last edited by `Bon Bon on Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 6:37 pm

Day Four-five~
Here.
Day Six-nine~
Here.
Day Ten-eleven ~
Here.
Day Twelve-?~
Here.
Day Eighteen-?~
Here.

Last edited by `Bon Bon on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:20 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistyy
One Special Member!
Mistyy

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 8:15 pm

I like it, so u better write more!!
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:12 pm

OMG MOAR
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:19 pm

I'll try to write one letter a day. Questions/suggestions are welcome and yada yada. xD
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:20 pm

OMG IT SHOULD GROW INTO A FERRET! =D

XD

I know, I know, you have your plans...just saying. X{D
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:42 am

STOP SLAPPING THE MUSTACHE ON RANDOM FACES Dx

and good idea! but no. ha.
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:25 pm

Dearest Nomura,

Day two of my time at the Great House has come and gone. I still have yet to receive a fancy coat of silk like most of the others, that and jewels. However I have made a new friend! Her name is Lotus. She says I have a foreign name, Italian I think she said? Why would mother name me after somthing other than China? Anyway, she does not have a coat of silk either, and her bed is where mine is in her court. We work together now, as I have been also given floor duty. We have so much in common. We get along so fine!
I do not feel as alone here and knowing Lotus has made me better. I trust her enough already that I have shown her my dear little egg. It is a wonder it will ever hatch, and I still keep it in a safe place. Well, and Lotus says not to show it to any of the others, because it could be seen as pure gold to them and be stolen for profit or smashed and so on. She also believes it could turn to be a Dragon egg. But I don't know...in myths and ledgends Dragons are large, powerful beasts! What kind of beast could sprout from an egg scarecely larger than my hand? It just simply could not be a dragon.
My feet are aching horribly from them being binded. They are tight and uncomfortable and I do not know if I want to pay this price to have dainty little woman feet! But if I want to be married off somday...
The Old Mistress here smokes Opium, as well.Do you remember our dear old neighbors back home? They were very fortunate and afforded all of that Opium, but it made them frail and ill one day. The Old Mistress is not far from that! She goes through so much, I would be frightened to see the bill of costs!

With love, always,
Vienna.
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:30 pm

YES!

OPIUM! XD Just kidding. I loved how she kept obsessing over the fineries the other slaves were wearing. ^^ It makes her so much more human, you know?
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:56 am

Exactly =D

Bah where is everyone? :/
suppose not many take interest in the story section anymore...
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:45 am

Oh Ally! I love it! It's wonderfully written!
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:36 pm

BAHAHA!

I was waiting for a response from you! :] That makes me happy.
It's cool to get feedback from someone who writes fanominal stories herself. annnnd I'm pretty sure I spelled that word wrong. XD
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:03 pm

Haha, that's really odd... 'Cause I'm soooo not popular of cool enough to have fans. xD Anyways... Totally spam, but... (THIS IS THE EPIC TRUSTWORTHY MEMBER POST! WOOOT! I GET MY STATUS BACK!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:24 pm

You seem to have more fans than I do! XD

EPICCCCCC 8D
yay!
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:08 pm

Dear Nomura,

I have much to tell you, Nomura! Lotus and myself are fine. Our jobs have stayed the same, lately, but I do not mind. This sunrise, Lotus tells me she saw a foreigner. She is very smart, you know. But a stranger it was, besides! She said she was from America, which explains her light eyes and light hair. I could not tell if it were male or female untill one of the elder women here told us. She had a charming accent, though I couldn't tell quite what she said. Lotus says she was asking for directions and was probably a traveler or a shopper.

I also have seen a slave beat today. They were scarcely older than myself and she had no silk robe either, but a pair of silver earrings she did. They need not beat us here, even if we make mistakes somtimes. I still wonder what she had done to get beat so badly, though. It was with a leather thong, which had been a halter for one of the mules.The one that I've seen hanging up in the kitchen. Well, and I take the best care to stay away from that wall of the kitchen without them noticing.

I have some glorious news, as well! My little egg, that gold and pastel pink swirled pearl of an egg, has hatched! Well, and Lotus was correct! I have now the ownership of a brand new baby dragon. It is cute and small, smaller than that puppy our elder opium-smoking neighbors had. The skin feels smooth, like silk or even silver, and is swirled carmel and gold and brown with tiny splashes of that pink on it's shell. It even has wings and a little tail! it should be much harder now to hide my baby dragon, which Lotus and I have named O-lan. But hopefully somday you will be able to see him or her.

Forever yours,

Vienna.
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:22 pm

YAY FOR THE BABY FERRET HATCHING! :D:D:D:D:D
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:11 pm

Yay a baby dragon! ^.^

The story's great so far! You're reminding me that I should work on my own story...:/
But anyway, WRITE MORE! *rawr* :P
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:51 am

MOREH!
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:13 am

ONE LETTER A DAY =]

I usually write them somtime after 4 or 5 pm central time. Somtimes even around 7.
SO CHECK BACK THEN!
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:37 pm

BAHH SO SORRY! >< I was terribly busy yesturday. I'll write the next chapter in a little bit. I'll try not to skip anymore days!
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:43 pm

Don't worry Alley-kins! Trust me, If people (ahem) start to bug you about new chapters, you'll never want to put them up. Go on your own time. It'll be easier.
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:37 pm

Beloved Nomura,

Indeed I am finding it harder to write to you, Nomura. Time just escapes me!
Last night I received my robes! They are silk and satin and are peach in color. I take such pride in them and only wish you could see. But Lotus, my new friend here at the Great House, has not gotten her garments. Instead she was beat right after I set them on, for stopping in her work which she was not finished. It is still so unfair how they treat slaves here, the eldest one. But I cannot say that with a full heart set upon it, because they still do feed u grandly and dress us in fine cloth.

My hands ache with scrubbing and straining and my feet ache with the binds and my knees ache from leaning upon the hard floors of the kitchens, but I am just so happy that I got my coats. I look more like the others now, and I can honestly take pride in staying here. I hope you can too.
Every night Lotus and myself play with O-lan. It is a rambunctious little thing! We though that it was caught by one of the other slaves and killed or sold today, but just before my writing this Lotus found it sitting in a window, still as a board. I could not believe someone didn't notice it, but I geuss it appeared just as another one of the small gold statues like the ones out front.I truely would have been so upset if somone were to take her. But with Lotus's help I'm sure we shall not get caught.

Love forever,
Vienna.
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:43 pm

YAY!

-forgets consequences and bugs Alley to finish another letter and put it up, thus ignoring her set time for putting up letters0

MOAR! XD It's such a cool story. I mean, like, it's unique. I've never read that book you based it on, but it's like a hybrid between squiby and that book. =D
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:18 pm

WOOT WOOT FOR TEH EPIC STORY! :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.   The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The story of Vienna. {Based on a chinese slave in the 1920's.} In Letter Form.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next