RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How do I make my RP popular?

Go down 
+2
Otterwhisker
Mad MOAI
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

How do I make my RP popular? Empty
PostSubject: How do I make my RP popular?   How do I make my RP popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:51 pm

I've seen a whole bunch of RPs around here that have lots of members and get like 50 posts an hour (exaggeration). Examples are "Pond Dust" and the Branch-Pack-and-BloodClan roleplay.Meanwhile, everytime I post an RP only Superglue joins. Can owners of popular roleplays give me tips?
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: How do I make my RP popular?   How do I make my RP popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:15 pm

I'm not an owner of a popular role-play, but I know one thing- a succesful role-play has to start out strong. If you make a role-play and nobody joins, then eventually it will probably die XD Pond Dust and BranchPack are just already going strong, they were just lucky that a bunch of people joined. The hardest part about making an RP is starting out. You need to gather troops quickly and decide who will be med. cat and deputy, etc. before you start RPing- it's smart to wait for a group of people to join before you start RPing. A thing I like about Pond Dust is the constant plot. It always has something going on.

Hope I helped! Sorry it's all ramble-ish...
Back to top Go down
Harvey
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Harvey

PostSubject: Re: How do I make my RP popular?   How do I make my RP popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:22 pm

There is an area called Visit My Wolf Pack, there you can advertise for RP's. Sometimes people like to join RP's that are colorful, so post your own pics and make the words pop out. If the advertise thread doesn't work, try and come on when there are a lot of members on the chat and tell them what it's about and that they should join. Lots of people join that way.

Hope I helped!
Back to top Go down
http://sushai.deviantart.com
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: How do I make my RP popular?   How do I make my RP popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:22 pm

*is taking notes of your advice* What she said! XD
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Location : Dear Gravity, you've held me down in this starless city.

PostSubject: Re: How do I make my RP popular?   How do I make my RP popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:35 pm

Well,I know what attracts rp'ers like myself to roleplays is a fancy, or at least a very well done front page. If it's all just plain black text, then that says a lot about your rping skills.Another is if I notice how you rp- if you're a sloppy, one liner poster, (Which I'm sure your not!) then I don't want to join your rp!

See? Hope I helped. Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: How do I make my RP popular?   How do I make my RP popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:50 pm

Oh yes, those sound like very good tactics... I hope my RPs become popular soon when I acknowledge you guys ;)
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: How do I make my RP popular?   How do I make my RP popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:51 pm

Yippies!
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: How do I make my RP popular?   How do I make my RP popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 6:55 pm

heh heh.JOintClan is pretty much only me and Branch, we did part 3, alone.
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: How do I make my RP popular?   How do I make my RP popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:35 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: How do I make my RP popular?   How do I make my RP popular? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 7:47 pm

MY RP only got two more members... It's dying D:
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: How do I make my RP popular?   How do I make my RP popular? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 7:57 pm

Well.. To make your RP popular I guess you just have to have a good plot and a pretty cool looking front page. I never thought that JointClan/BranchPack/BloodClan would EVER get popular. ^^
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: How do I make my RP popular?   How do I make my RP popular? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:02 pm

Thanks for the info, Branch, but I tried that. Maybe you could look at it and help me improve it?
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: How do I make my RP popular?   How do I make my RP popular? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:42 pm

Here are my comments on that RP:

Pros:
Very well-organized, no clutter
Colorful, but not overdone

Cons:
There are no graphics! :O *gasps*
The plot seems like it only focuses around one thing, then it'd be over. It needs to have a steady plot and maybe a little more BG info- who is Onekit's mother, why is LostClan suddenly evil, why did Dust-what's-his-name run off, where did he go, and how come he came back after killing a kit?
The plot also seems related to one person to much, like it says 'Your Mission' instead of 'our mission.'
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: How do I make my RP popular?   How do I make my RP popular? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:12 pm

First, it never said he came back.

Second, it's fixed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I make my RP popular?   How do I make my RP popular? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do I make my RP popular?
Page 1 of 1