RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scoot and Bean got birdies!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

Scoot and Bean got birdies! Empty
PostSubject: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:45 am

Yep, you read right. For the first time in my life of 13 years, I and my sister the Spellchecking Bean have two pet birds! :D English budgies, to be exact. But they're also parakeets. :U

One of them is mostly a dark olive green with black stripes on the back and a yellow face. What's weird is, he has a weird arrow pattern on the back of his head. [sketch] - His name is Dorochet, pronounced "DOR-uh-shay." He's really fluffy compared to the other bird we got. He usually sits slightly slumped over with his feet wide apart, but he straightens up when I play soft music, especially "Gravity" by Troy. Looking over at the cage right now, his sleeping position appears to be ... horizontal, to say the least: bent far over the perch looking like he's going to fall off any minute. Almost like he's staring at something tasty just below the perch. He also looks almost half-vulture, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any vulture blood. xD

The other one is the standard bright green with banana-yellow head and wings. [sketch] - His name is Fletcher. He's very vocal and chirps a lot, but since he's still adjusting to my and Bean's house he's only done the "silent warble" so far, with the exception of two peeps. He's pretty ... normal compared to Dorochet. He doesn't have the big brow, either ... probably just your average parakeet.

Like mentioned in Dorochet's bio, the two parakeets seem to like the song "Gravity" by Troy, which I've played for them three times today. I've focused on calm music, since something rowdy might startle them or put them in a bad mood.

They're still getting used to the new home that's not Wings of the World, so they haven't played with any of the toys yet... Dorochet did explore the cage a bit earlier today though. And now he's just in his egg-shaped sleeping pose again. :U Goodnight, birdies.

Also, Bean, feel free to post a long bio about Fletcher or something, since I kinda focus on Dorochet more... o3o
Back to top Go down
BreeLilly
RP Lover
RP Lover
BreeLilly

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:06 am

My new kitteh and your new birdehs can play together! That is, if my cat doesn't decide to eat them first. :) Hehehe.

Dorochet sounds awesome. And PS, who drew those birdes!?! They're sweet. ^^
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:21 am

That was me. :D

And yes, Dorochet is kind of awesome, but we haven't had the keets for very long so we don't know the full stretch of his personality yet.

Also I forgot to mention that we brought each bird home in a little carrying box, and Dorochet's was labeled "Dark Keet," so that's his nickname. :>
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:11 pm

:D YOU NAMED A BIRD "FLETCHER". YOU JUST WON FOR LIFE.

I keep typing in all caps, you guys have got to stop saying exciting things or I might explode. You will take photos too, yeah?
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Yeah, as soon as I find out which camera to use. I might take videos, too. Then you guys might be able to hear them sing - Dorochet's been peeping lately, too, so I wouldn't be surprised if he made a habit of singing as well.

Also, why is naming a bird "Fletcher" so awesomely awesome?
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletching

...Wh...why'd you name him Fletcher other than for that? D:

XD
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:07 pm

Someone in the show we always annoyingly talk about Fullmetal Alchemist named Fletcher is cute. :P
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:29 am

Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:41 am

Yep, that's right! Except that's not exactly the best shot ever... o3o Try episode 40-something "Goodbye." :U
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:41 pm

I got it off of Google, Scoot. XD
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Ow, that hurt! xD (It's that silly surprise thing that always happens when I see a character I like unexpectedly. Ice cream. ><)

Anyway, yeah, I called him Fletcher for that reason. I was worried about him not eating since he's rather thin for a parakeet, but just now he was eating some of his food and I'm feeling a little better. The funny thing is, Dorochet keeps squawking, as if he's still too shy to play with the toys but he wants us to pay attention to him...
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:04 pm

Those're birds for ya. XD
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:35 pm

I managed to use my laptop to get a couple of pictures since I don't know where my camera is now. :P
The one on the left is Fletcher and the one on the right is Dorochet. I know, it's not clear; but I could do better with a camera.... *see above sentence*
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:34 am

Hey, lookit that! Are they enjoying their perches and toys and chews and stuff? :D
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:55 am

Well, Dorochet seems to like the swing, and at one point was investigating the big toy on the right; also, they both seem to like the mirror. But they haven't been actively playing with their toys yet... I think they're still getting used to our house.
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:03 am

Don't let them get too attached to their mirror, they might like the "pretty bird staring back" more than you. XD
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:46 am

The other bird doesn't feed them millet, though. :O :P xD (smiley overuse...)

We also gave them some vegetables but they haven't touched those yet.
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 4:05 pm

This is true. Bet they love some millet, eh? XD Make sure you take more pictures soon. Or even record Dorochet singing. Yes?
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:05 pm

We could probably record them singing, but they do it so spontaneously that it might be difficult. Hmm..
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:35 am

Teach them the Andy Griffith theme song! XD
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:01 pm

What song is that? I haven't heard of it.
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:12 am

By the way, I got another picture of the birdies. This one is better. :D

Scoot and Bean got birdies! 16hrok

PAGESTRETCH. |D
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:44 am

Dude. Educate yourself. Andy Griffith? Old classic TV show? The most common song bird owners teach?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACQTddaIO2s

I like the splotches on the right bird's neck.
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 7:57 pm

The bird on the right is Dorochet. |D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scoot and Bean got birdies!   Scoot and Bean got birdies! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scoot and Bean got birdies!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPcentral Forum :: RPcentral Community :: Off Topic-
Jump to: