RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thoughts of a ADHD Patient

Go down 
+3
❝ lauren ❞
Suburbia
Mistyy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mistyy
One Special Member!
Mistyy

Thoughts of a ADHD Patient Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts of a ADHD Patient   Thoughts of a ADHD Patient I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:30 am

A story I started to write for no reason.
If the story sounds all over the place, like I am kind of distracted and unorganized when I am writing it, that's because I am, and I actually might have ADHD.

Prologue

I’ve realized that in a room of people, not one seems blanked out. No one seems to have trouble concentrating on happening after about five minutes. No one’s eyes seem to dart across a room, so easily distracted. No one seems to be compulsively twitching.
No one but me.
My friend, Caitlin, always tells me that I have a horrible case of ADHD.
Even though I searched that up on Wiki about an hour ago, I can’t remember what it means now.
Just another sign of the disorder. Forgetfulness-I have trouble paying attention to details.

Chapter 1-Part 1
I often catch myself twitching, spacing out, having trouble concentrating, growing bored with activities easily, losing important items, talking continually, avoiding things like work and homework, not listening, interrupting people, etcetera-symptoms of ADHD.
More often, though, do I not realize that I am doing any of this until later-or not at all.
I just did it again. I turn from my notebook for one second, and the TV catches my eye.
Distractions.

It’s annoying, really, to be completely unable to concentrate a long time or to have to move from activity to activity to activity.
It’s embarrassing to look so different, fidgeting, eyes darting everywhere, face blank and confused.
It’s stupid to have trouble not talking or interrupting people.
I hate it.

Last edited by Dying Inside. on Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistyy
One Special Member!
Mistyy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts of a ADHD Patient   Thoughts of a ADHD Patient I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:00 pm

Anyone read it..?
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts of a ADHD Patient   Thoughts of a ADHD Patient I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:21 pm

i did. It's good, i guess, ya know?
Back to top Go down
Mistyy
One Special Member!
Mistyy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts of a ADHD Patient   Thoughts of a ADHD Patient I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:09 am

Mmhm.
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts of a ADHD Patient   Thoughts of a ADHD Patient I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 8:44 am

Wow Mist! You really spoke abought the disorder. It's awesome. :D
Back to top Go down
Mistyy
One Special Member!
Mistyy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts of a ADHD Patient   Thoughts of a ADHD Patient I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:49 am

Thank you.
Yah, I searched it up on Wiki, and it sounds like me :/
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Location : Dear Gravity, you've held me down in this starless city.

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts of a ADHD Patient   Thoughts of a ADHD Patient I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:00 pm

Very well. Write more :]
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts of a ADHD Patient   Thoughts of a ADHD Patient I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 5:08 pm

Hum. Interesting, Misty. :P
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Mistyy
One Special Member!
Mistyy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts of a ADHD Patient   Thoughts of a ADHD Patient I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 5:34 pm

I've got a little bit of writers block today, so I haven't written any more in my notebook.
Just a warning, this is probably like all my other stories, I writ a few chapters and than give up. I am like my father(ugh) that way, he never finishes his storie/books, even though he's a wannabe writer.
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts of a ADHD Patient   Thoughts of a ADHD Patient I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 5:43 pm

OMG I'm the same way. it sucks, huh?
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts of a ADHD Patient   Thoughts of a ADHD Patient I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 8:21 pm

I've finished...one. xD
Meanwhile I've started...I don't know, like, A BILLION??? xD
Anyway, interesting story Misty.
Back to top Go down
Mistyy
One Special Member!
Mistyy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts of a ADHD Patient   Thoughts of a ADHD Patient I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:30 am

Yes, it does suck, Suburb.

Thank you, Pirate.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts of a ADHD Patient   Thoughts of a ADHD Patient I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:51 am

Wow, this is very well written! It just seems to flow without much effort, if you know what I'm saying? I like it, if you can't seem to figure out how to make a second chapter, you could always listen to music and brainstorm (I personally use Paramore) or you could turn it into a Journal and use things from your own life.
Anyways, It's wonderful! =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts of a ADHD Patient   Thoughts of a ADHD Patient I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:15 am

I'm that way too, Misty and Suburb! Even if I really want to finish it and have lots of ideas I just fail. XD
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Mistyy
One Special Member!
Mistyy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts of a ADHD Patient   Thoughts of a ADHD Patient I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:48 pm

Thank you, Runa, you know that mans alot to me coming from you :3 (Paramoreeee<3)
T.T I just don't have the attention span to stick to a story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts of a ADHD Patient   Thoughts of a ADHD Patient I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts of a ADHD Patient
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPcentral Forum :: RPC Artist's Corner :: RPC Library-
Jump to: