RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!!

Go down 
4 posters

Isn't it COOL I used my actual head and figured it out? XD
Pssh, I knew bands were deep and sang about Bible stories all the time, dummy.
DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!! I_vote_lcap40%DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!! I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Wait...SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES IN SONGS?! I NEVER KNEW!
DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!! I_vote_lcap20%DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!! I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Hmm, I've thought of it before, but never really made that connection. Cool, Socks! ^_^
DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!! I_vote_lcap20%DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!! I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Hmm...I made that connection long ago.
DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!! I_vote_lcap0%DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
ROCKIN' SONG MAN!
 20% [ 1 ]
Okay song, I've seen better. S:-|
DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!! I_vote_lcap0%DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Terrible, terrible, song.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!! Empty
PostSubject: DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!!   DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 6:41 pm

I was at church this morning and listening to a sermon and my pastor (also my Godfather and husband of my piano teacher! ^^) read out a scripture--one of Paul's letters to the Romans, I think, and Jesus said, "You must be born again, from above." And my pastor told us the whole story and I was just listening to a song and--man...it hit home.

Have you guys ever felt some bands REALLY mean what they sing about? You feel like they're really feeling inside when they sing? A lot of bands just write down words and start singing about being all happy and stuff and then they kill themselves after the concert. ^^

Is it wrong I just did the ^^ at that moment? XD Anyways, I always feel like Christian--and all religious bands--are way deeper then it appears. Ya'll know I'm a jelly-filled Skillet fan, right? And how Skillet is a Christian band? All of a sudden one of their songs--Rebirthing--made a ton of sense to me. I felt kind of stupid when I realized it, but it all made sense. I knew Skillet's songs meant a lot and were deeper than I could figure, but if you look at the title of the song again, then read the first paragraph, you'll get what I'm going at. 8P I never knew I could be so oblivious to it. I should listen a lot closer to sermons. :)

So please, mah friendz, listen to this song--at least to the end of the second verse--and if you know the Bible story I'm talking about, you'll see some of the terms and all are repeated in this song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7keWk4nt0fs

AMEN

Last edited by Socky on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Location : Dear Gravity, you've held me down in this starless city.

PostSubject: Re: DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!!   DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 8:31 am

AMEN. XD Nice job, Socks.
Back to top Go down
Mistyy
One Special Member!
Mistyy

PostSubject: Re: DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!!   DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:17 pm

Great job having the courage to preach to us on a site made for all religions! Awesome.
As most of you probably know, I am also a Christian, being raised in a kind of Christian family(NOW, full, dead-on Christian parents!!) and a catholic school system(Meh. Catholics(no offense) can be very disrespectful when it comes to beliefs), and I now love Skillet(Since,like, afew days ago!) because of Socky. Heh. Anyways, I've 'rebirthed' and it is cool, being close to God and knowing you wont go to H*ll.

Like Alley says, AMEN, BROTHA!
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!!   DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:57 pm

Lol, I always knew bands were Christian and stuff and sang about God. I mean when they sang like, "God is so wonderful...lala..." Songs like that. It's just I never really went so far as to realize what Skillet was saying. ^.^ I'm an even bigger fan of them now.
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Mistyy
One Special Member!
Mistyy

PostSubject: Re: DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!!   DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:59 pm

Hehee :)
It's always nice to know I have another Christian friend! *huggles*

I wish I knew all you guyz... *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!!   DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 9:46 pm

I'll have to listen to the song Sock, but this is a good point, like Paramore, I never really listened to their song Hallajeuh but it's along the same lines... I don't know, but, xD, good point.

(BTW: I am a full-on strong Christian, that was the reason I wasn't on before, I was at church helping with the chillens. xD)
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!!   DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DUUUUUUUUUUDE! I FINALLY GET IT!!
Page 1 of 1