RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Video Games: Rating, Reviewing, and More!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

Video Games: Rating, Reviewing, and More! Empty
PostSubject: Video Games: Rating, Reviewing, and More!   Video Games: Rating, Reviewing, and More! I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 2:38 pm

This is a thread all about video games, from suggesting and reviewing to cheats and wi-fi!

Here's how it works:

To review a video game, fill out this form:
Name:
Platform:
Genre:
ESRB Rating:
Descripction:
Ratings (1/10 to 10/10)
Gameplay Rating:
Graphics Rating:
Long-Lasting fun rating:
Overall rating (average the ratings):
Why?:

An example-
Name: Sonic and the Black Knight
Platform: Wii
Genre: Action
ESRB Rating: E 10+
Descripction: Sonic is called back in time to the kingdom of King Arthur. He's turned into the Black knight because he is immortal and his powers have gone to his head. As Sonic you must defeat Blaze the Cat, Knuckles the Echidna, and Shadow the Hedgehog, who are King Arthur's loyal knights. With their swords and your own sword, Caliburn, you defeat King Arthur.
Ratings (1/10 to 10/10)
Gameplay Rating: 2/10
Graphics Rating: 5/10
Long-Lasting fun rating: 1/10
Overall rating (average the ratings): 2.7/10
Why?: The graphics are clean and crisp when they're in gameplay and in movies, but in most dialouge, the story is rushed and forced, and it's more like a storyboard than an animation. I beat this game in two days. It's short and boring and uninteresting. There's no sidestepping obstacles, so if you see an obstacle then you have to basically stop and then move over and start again. It's just terrible.

If you want to get a game, then ask about it to see how it is and if it's good or not. If you need to know a good game, ask about what you need, too. Feel free to share FCs and cheats for games. SO START!
Back to top Go down
Mistyy
One Special Member!
Mistyy

PostSubject: Re: Video Games: Rating, Reviewing, and More!   Video Games: Rating, Reviewing, and More! I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 7:33 pm

I'd like a mario review for wii; any mario except for Mario Party 8. thx.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: Video Games: Rating, Reviewing, and More!   Video Games: Rating, Reviewing, and More! I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:50 pm

Name: Pokemon Platinum Version
Platform: Nintendo DS
Genre: RPG
ESRB Rating: E
Description: Pokemon Platinum is the third counterpart to Pokemon Diamond and Pearl versions. It's like Ruby and Sapphire are to Emerald versions. It has a whole lot of new features that D/P didn't have, so it's worth the extra five dollars. There are many things that you can do to raise your little Pokemon (which, by the way, is short for Pocket Monsters). However, they aren't all monsters. You have cute ones like [url="http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/igglybuff"]Igglybuff[/url] or pretty ones like [url="http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/milotic"]Milotic.[/url] And this game also requires strategy with Type Matchups, like the rest of the Pokemon video game RPGs. For example, the classic triangle, Fire, Water and Grass. Fire is good against Grass, which is good against Water, which is good against Fire. Disadvantages go in reverse. It's like a Rock-paper-scissors style. However, there are 17 types in total. It takes a lot of thinking to win in this game!
Ratings (1/10 to 10/10)
Gameplay Rating: 9/10
I liked this game because of its strategy and epic plot. Even though some parts are kind of hard to figure out, overall it's one of the best games I've ever played.
Graphics Rating: 8/10
Seriously, the graphics are amazing. However, overworld sprites (small pixel images that appear while walking around, such as other Pokemon trainers) are stretched when you walk a certain number of steps away from them so they appear funny.
Long-Lasting fun rating: 10/10
For the "long-lasting fun" section, this is perfect. It never gets boring because there are always new things to do and find. New Pokemon to catch! And it definitely beats Diamond and Pearl versions. In D/P, there was only a Battle Tower. Now, there is a Battle Tower along with Battle Factory, Arcade, Castle and more! It's extremely fun, and entirely beating the game would take years.
Overall rating (average the ratings): 9/10
Why?: If you're looking to get one game, get Pokemon Platinum. It's easy to understand and learn. Even if you aren't good at it at first, then it only takes a tiny bit of practice. The game almost never ends, and it's completely child-friendly. You can play alone or interact with others, whether it's with wireless communication or over Nintendo Wi-Fi. Depending on the Pokemon you use, the experience changes every time. Overall, this is one of the top DS games I've ever had.
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: Video Games: Rating, Reviewing, and More!   Video Games: Rating, Reviewing, and More! I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:21 am

Wow! I thought it was just another D/P... Maybe I should get it! :) Did you know that Platinum version was a fake Pokemon game that someone made and then the title was used to make the new game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video Games: Rating, Reviewing, and More!   Video Games: Rating, Reviewing, and More! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video Games: Rating, Reviewing, and More!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPcentral Forum :: RPcentral Community :: Off Topic-
Jump to: