RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

-Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-

Go down 
+4
Rebecca
kieran c:
Becca!
Jay
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

-Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- Empty
PostSubject: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:00 am

Preface

My name is Jacob. Jacob Night. I’m just an average fifteen year old boy. There isn’t really anything special about me. I come from a wet, cloudy state. Washington. I hate it their, sometimes I wished my family lived somewhere hot, like Arizona or Florida for instance.
My parents liked to bore me to death usually by pulling me out of school and taking me on their business trips. Some have been kind of fun; like the time we got to go to the Caribbean for ten days. Those rarely happened though. This time we were going to Tennessee in the middle of the winter. I don’t know what my Mom’s boss had been thinking, but all I know is he wasn’t thinking straight. I perked up a bit remembering my best friend from online was living in that state. Even though I knew it was like a one to one million chance of seeing her.

0o0o0

I stared out my hotel room window. My parents thankfully had gotten two rooms because they were really small. One for me, my Dad, and youngest Brother. The window was nearly frosted over. I groaned and got up from the hard rickety chair that I had been sitting on and went over to the closet. I pulled my laptop bag out of the storage room and lugged it over to the small wooden desk that was in the farthest left corner. I pulled my laptop out and flicked it on. I was so excited that my Dad had paid the fine for the internet so he could check his E-mails. I waited impatiently for my computer to load up. I inserted the password that would actually let me go to everything on my laptop. I heard a small beep and the screen flashed. It showed my background and all of the shortcut icons on the side. I rapidly clicked on the internet icon. Eight windows opened. I clicked out of seven of them so I only had one and hopefully that would make the internet faster. The screen loaded onto my favorite website; RPC. I smiled as my friend; Rebecca was on. I scrolled down rapidly and logged into the chat box

Jacob has joined

Jacob: Hello.

Rebecca has joined

Rebecca: Hey Jacob. Why haven’t you been on at all in the last two days?

I gulped and then replied.

Jacob : Business trip of my parents…

Rebecca : Oh. Where at?

Jacob : Tennessee.

Rebecca: Are you serious?

Jacob : Yeah…

Rebecca : OMG.

My Dad peeked his head into the room.
“We’re going out for dinner…” He called in.
I nodded.

Jacob : I’ve got to go… Night…

Jacob has logged out

I shut down my computer and closed it. I got out of the chair and pulled on my black sweatshirt. It wasn’t much protection from the cold but, it would do for the moment. I opened the door to our hotel room and slipped out. My family was standing by the old radiator that was under a large window that overlooked a busy snow laden street.

Chapter One

My eyes opened abruptly. Another bad dream. I sighed and rolled over so I was looking at the small electric clock, It read; 8 AM. I rubbed my forehead and sat up. I looked over at the other bed where my Dad and younger brother should have been. I frowned and slipped out of the bed slowly. My head shook, they were probably just eating breakfast.
I shuffled over to the door that would lead into the hall. I pushed down on the handle and pushed forward. The floor creaked under my feet as I walked barefooted out into the corridor. I passed a few doors before I got to my Mom’s room. I slipped the card into the lock and a small beep came from it. I pulled it open and walked in, not bothering to shut the door behind me.
No one was there. I bit my lip a little bit worried now. My Mom rarely ever ate breakfast. I walked out the door and went left towards the staircase. I ran down them to the front lobby. No one there either. I ran over to the revolving doors hastily and pushed through them and onto the white street. The street was silent. That wasn’t a surprise, rarely anyone drove when it snowed. My stomach dropped when I saw that the Mini mart that should be open at that moment was closed and dark like all of the other shops. I turned and quickly walked back into the hotel. I ran up the staircase again and down the hallway to my room. I opened the unclosed door and ran over to my computer. I wanted to see if anyone was on RPC, that I could tell about this. The screen flickered and turned on. I punched the keys in for my password.
I clicked on the internet and RPC opened up. Rebecca was on. I gasped a ‘thank you’, and went down to the chat box. Becca was already logged in.

Rebecca has joined

Jacob has joined.

Rebecca: Jacob! I need to talk to you.

Jacob: Everyone is gone. Nobody is in the hotel and nobody is on the streets. No life at all…

I typed urgently, not answering to what she needed to talk to me about.

Rebecca : … Nobody’s around here either… I called 911. No answer… That’s not right.

Jacob : I’ll PM you…

I went to my Inbox and sent her a PM this is what it said;
‘I’m staying at the Holiday Inn at 39th street in Bend.’

She sent back.
‘That’s really close to where I am…’

I replied.
‘Meet me at the Pizza Parlor across the street from here.’

She replied back with an OK.

I sighed and changed my clothes. Jeans and a T-shirt. I checked the time; it was now 9:00.
I slipped on my Nike sneakers and walked out of the room and down to the lobby. I walked out of the revolving doors and walked across the iced street to the Pizza parlor. I pushed open the door and saw a girl with dark brown hair that cascaded down her back, she possibly was a bit shorter then me, but at the same age, standing behind the counter looking up at the old TV in the corner. “Rebecca?” I asked raising an eyebrow.
She looked over at me. Her face had a sliver of amazement on it. She nodded slowly. “Jacob.” She answered coming out from behind the marble counter and embraced me in a hug. For some reason this was a bit weird. She was a best friend but, I’d never really met her in person. She pulled away after a few seconds. “Nobody’s around…” She said even though I already knew. I shivered nothing felt right. Could this all be a dream? It probably wasn’t.

Chapter Two

I heard a small creak that came from the kitchen as I slipped into one of the booths; Rebecca on the opposite side. We hadn’t said anything to each other for a few minutes.
A white fog blew out of my mouth every time I had to breath out.
“I’m not sure what has happened here…” Rebecca whispered barely audible. I didn’t reply. I still hadn’t gotten over the shock of no one being at the hotel, and meeting Rebecca in person.
After a few minutes I replied.
“Neither am I.” I said in my normal tone of voice.
She slid out of the booth and motioned for me to follow.
The cold wind blew into my face as I followed her down the street. Our feet crunching on the newly laid snow. With every step I took, a crunch followed.
“Where are we going?” I asked looking over at Rebecca.
“My house.” She stated.
I tried to smile but, it was no use. The worry and fright held it down like a weight. We turned around a corner and she pointed towards a dark brown two-story house with a snow covered front lawn. I nodded and followed her up the driveway. I nearly slipped every few steps. Rebecca chuckled to herself every time and I just rolled my eyes.
She unlocked the Oak wood door. She opened it to reveal an elegantly decorated room where the base color was coffee brown and white. My mouth dropped open as I bent over and slipped my soaking wet shoes off of my feet. I set them on a small mat next to the door where I saw multiple other pairs of shoes.
I followed Becca into another room. I could easily tell it was the main living space. There was multiple chairs and couches along with a TV hanging on one of the walls. She flicked it on. Nothing at all. Just a black screen and a faint buzzing sound. Rebecca frowned.
I walked over to her and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.
“We’ll live…” I said in a promising voice. I smiled slightly. In hopes of cheering her up.
She nodded slowly.
“I’m scared Jacob.” She whispered looking over her shoulder at me.
“I am too.” I said shortly. “We might as well try to enjoy ourselves. Being the last ones around…”
Rebecca nodded again. I reached for a phone that was on a coffee table.
“I hope you don’t mind me trying something…” I said before dialing my friends cell phone number. It rang, and rang before the recorded message came on. I left a message just saying; ‘This is Jacob, please call me back on my phone if you get this message.’ I flicked off the phone and set it down. Rebecca had gone into another room that had branched off from this. I followed where I had seen her go. It emerged into a beautiful looking kitchen. Becca was standing behind a counter fixing a bowl of macaroni and cheese.
“No answer.” I said walking over to the counter and sitting down in one of the small chairs opposite from her. She already looked gloom again and me telling her that there was no answer didn’t improve it. Becca handed me a bowl of Mac and cheese. I smiled and thanked her. I took a few bites before she sat down in the chair next to me. She opened her mouth to say something but, was cut off by a knocking sound that was coming from the front room.

________

Chapter Three

Rebecca flung the front door open eagerly. I was behind her staring at pale white skinned man standing at the front door with an emotionless face. He was in a black suit with sleek leather dress shoes. My eyes looked him over. I noticed a pistol in it’s holster against the man’s waist. He seemed familiar to me, like I had met him before. “Micheal Night, Head of Area 113.” He said in a deep voice.
Rebecca glanced at me and then backed up taking her hand away from the door. “What do you want?” She growled.
Micheal held up his hands. “I just needed to give this to you before-” The slip of paper fluttered to the ground. The man who had been holding it wasn’t there. He had just disappeared. Gone. Vamoose. I bent down to pick up the scrap of paper, it read:
In this nation’s museum lies what you seek.

Lion
Panther

“Wait, what?” I asked. “This looks like some sort of prophecy thing that’d be in a fantasy novel.”
Rebecca was reading over my shoulder. She had a worried look.
“What is it?” I asked turning around to face her.
“Uh… Er-… Um… come with me.” Rebecca said motioning towards the family room. I followed her wondering what she was so worried about.
I sat down in the chair next to Rebecca. She reached over her head and brought down a painting of an emblem. “Have you seen this?” She asked skeptically. It was the head of a Lion on one side and then on the other side was the face of what looked like a leopard or a Panther. And the letters N and C in the center. I recognized it immediately. It was on multiple things in my house. Mainly the older things that had belonged to my grandparents and relatives. I nodded lightly. “Yeah…” I said biting my lip afterwards.
“Do you know what it means?” She asked raising an eyebrow.
“No… I thought it was just a companies symbol.” I said matter-of-factly.
She grinned as if I had said something funny. “It’s a family symbol, Jake. For both of ours. The Creet’s and the Night’s. That’s what the N and the C stand for.”
I nodded slowly. I was still not really comprehending. “So, what does the Lion and the Leopard thing have to do with this?” I asked examining the painting.
Rebecca grinned again. “Think about a Lion.” She said looking at me with her green eyes.
I frowned and tried to think about the animal. A few moments later, I felt a tingling sensation in my ribcage and Rebecca burst into a fit of laughter. I tried to say ‘What’s so funny?’ but instead a soft growl erupted from my… muzzle? What the-? I looked down at my feet. Well, not feet anymore. Paws. Golden fur covered paws. Crud. Was I a lion? Probably with as strange as the day had been. I shook my head and I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I had a large deep orangish mane and my eyes had turned to a deep chestnut brown. Not to mention that I had a tail, pointed ears, and my favorite shirt was torn and hung around my front legs like large cloth bracelets. I shook them off and they fell to the ground along with my other clothes. I looked back at… a panther. I tried to say another word but, you guessed it, it just turned into a growl. I heard a voice inside of my head. Before you get any ideas it was Rebecca’s voice. We can speak through our thoughts if we’re both animal’s. I frowned, if that was possible as a lion, and nodded.
Tell me how you know all about this. I stated through my thoughts.
I’ll tell you later, but first, we need to get to D.C. and go to the Smithsonian. She said.
I gave a confused face. Why D.C.? I asked raising an eyebrow.
Our Nation’s Museum is the Smithsonian, which is in Washington D.C. She answered a bit of amusement in her thoughts. Leave it to me to be the dumb one.

______

Last edited by Jade Jaybird Jacob on Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:19 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Becca!
One Special Member!

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 11:06 am

EEp! Love it!
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 11:55 am

Love it, Jake!! It kinda starts out like that, but I know that it'll be so interesting later!! =D
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:39 pm

Chapter Four

Rebecca
and I were standing in the mall’s car shop parking garage with a pair
of black keys in hand. We had gone and taken some clothes from the Mall
that was a few blocks away from Becca’s house. Yeah we stole. Not
exactly what I had wanted to do but, we were the only people on earth,
to our knowledge. Correction; to my knowledge. Rebecca probably knew
exactly how many people were alive but, she had kept her mouth shut
ever since our conversation with the emblem on the painting. I was also
a human at the moment. Apparently the whole turning into a lion thing
with your thoughts also worked for turning into a human.
I had on
a short sleeved black t-shirt with a dark green hoodie over it. I was
also wearing dark blue denim jeans. The car was a two person
all-terrain jeep. It had a silver siding and black leather seats in the
inside. We had decided this would probably be better for our trip then
a sleek grey Porsche. I had called dibs on driving mainly, because I
already had experience driving and I had always wanted to drive a jeep.
I opened up the car door eagerly and slipped in. After Rebecca had
gotten in on the passenger side. I inserted the key and the ATV car
roared to life.
My foot slammed on the gas and we roared out of
the parking garage. I didn’t slow down any bit once we got on the
roads. Who cared about speed limits at the moment? I sure didn’t. I
have to admit that I was doing a horrid job. The car jerked every other
minute. Rebecca’s face was starting to turn green and I didn’t blame
her. I was a bit nauseated myself. I slowed down to a stop and got out.
“Rebecca, I bet you better then I am. It’s you’re turn to drive.” I
said with a slight smile and she nodded. I slid over to the drivers
seat s I sat down into the passenger’s. The car roared to life and it
was smooth driving from there. Why did she have to be better then me at
nearly everything? I wondered with a bit of amusement.
Once we
were inside the Virginia border, I turned my head towards her. “Can you
explain to me what’s happening?” I asked raising an eyebrow. She bit
her lip like I’d seen her do many times in the past few hours. “Two
Billion people used to inhabit earth. And right now only two do.
Everyone in the world disappeared. I don’t know much about it except
for that, We’ll have to travel the world in search of different clues.
The clues will eventually lead us to a solid golden emblem like the one
we see throughout both of our families’ history.” She explained without
an explanation. If that makes since. I nodded lightly, what’s the point
of this then?” I asked with a raise of my eye. She grinned.
“Every
person who has made history from; Marco Polo to Sam Adams to President
George W. Bush, Is related to either the Night’s or the Creet’s. Every
thousand years, the emblem is split in half, sending every person on
earth into darkness. Except for two people. One who’s straight blooded
Creet, and one’s a solid blooded Night. If this didn’t happen, well,
it’s not good. Doing this, the emblem is basically refreshing the
world. This means less wars and a better society for everyone.” She
said with a slight smile at the shocked expression on my face. “What’s
the point of turning into animals then?” I asked biting my lip.
“Defense
and Offense basically. Also, I think I forgot to mention that
everything at the moment is deteriorating thirty times faster then
normal unless we’re touching the item. Like this car.” She explained,
her smile turning to a frown. I sighed and rubbed my face. Why the heck
must things always turn for the worse? I wondered and closed my eyes,
trying to get some sleep.
Rebecca shook me awake. The car was
stopped and right in front of us was the Capital Building. It was the
middle of the night and the moon was full. It was straight up in front
of me. Without checking my watch I could already tell that it was
midnight. I looked over at her. “You let me sleep all of the way
through Virginia?” I asked with astonishment. She just nodded. “You
were talking in your sleep, and I didn’t want to wake you.”
I felt my whole face go warm. I slipped out of the car before she noticed.
The cold air cooled me down quickly. The maroon backpack was slung over
my shoulder. A few moments later Rebecca was next to me yanking my arm.
“C’mon. We need to get to the Smithsonian and find the clue.” She
hissed. I followed her quietly as she lead me to the famous museum. I
gasped as the large buildings emerged through the tree’s. It was huge.
I was amazed that a museum could hold so much… stuff. Rebecca
apparently wasn’t surprised like I was. I groaned at myself and
followed her down to the front door.

---

I'm sorry if my info on DC is totally off. I have never been there. Obviously

Last edited by Jacob on Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:11 pm

NEW CHAPTER!
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:12 pm

WOAH. xDD AWESOME. That would be soo cool!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:12 pm

-Shrugs- Maybe.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Becca!
One Special Member!

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:13 pm

Wow....

That's amazing!

Hehe, Loved Chapter one!
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:14 pm

Thanks. -Bows- xDD
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:43 pm

Chapter 2 added!
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 6:50 pm

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!

I loved it! Even though I read it about three days ago... I was a guest, I evesdrop. xDD
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 6:53 pm

xDD I bet you can guess what the knock was from...

xD

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 6:55 pm

Ooh. I loe it!
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:09 pm

WOOHOO! I WUV IT!

you can mention me *wink wink*
Back to top Go down
Mistyy
One Special Member!
Mistyy

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:38 pm

:o Jake, it's amazing and you BETTER WRITE MORE SOON BEFORE I COME AND FIND YOU!!!

Just sayin'... :)
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:44 pm

Thanks guys. I completely forgot about it... I might continue it. I don't know though.
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:57 pm

PPPUUUHHHHWWWEEEZZZEEEE!
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:13 pm

YEEHAW!

TENNESSEE!

STATE OF THE AWESOME! (me n Otter live there)
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:45 pm

(-Explodes- I LIVE THERE TOO! I BETCHA WE KNOW EACH OTHER. XDD)

High fives for TN!

But, Seriously Jake, if you have time, you should continue. It's really good. =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:49 pm

Thnks everyone!
I didn't think that many people really liked this. A new chapter might be added in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
Mistyy
One Special Member!
Mistyy

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 4:08 pm

>: (
Next few days? Nookers, did you have trouble READING my last post??
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 5:45 pm

I don't think he did...
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 6:32 pm

I had a bit of extra time on my hands this afternoon so I wrote Chapter Three. Heh'. It was just now posted. I hoped you guys liked it.
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 6:54 pm

WOWZERZ! AWESOMENESS TO THE XTREME! I WANT IN!
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 6:58 pm

I might include other people. I don't know yet. It would kind of exclude from the 'Only people on Earth effect'.

Thanks Suburbia. If this gets a couple of more posts I'll type up the Fourth Chapter and it should be on tomarrow or on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-   -Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

-Disappearances- -Update: Chapter 4!-
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next