RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Book Thread

Go down 
+3
Violet Boopala(pirate)
kieran c:
Otterwhisker
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

The Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Book Thread   The Book Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 3:50 pm

Got a book you loved and want to share it with others, or discuss it? Or are you in need of a good book to read? That's what this thread is for. You fill out this form:

Title:
Author:
Series (if any):
Description:
How much you liked it (1-5):

And I'll edit it into this post. If you are in need of a good book, fill out this to see if anyone knows one that you might enjoy according to your request:

Genre:
Characters:
Fic. or non Fic.:
Other:

So I'll start:

Title: No Talking
Author: Andrew Clements
Series (if any): N/A
Description: In this book, some young kids in elementary school hold a contest- the boys claim that the girls are chatterboxes and couldn't stop talking for a single day without exploding, and the girls object, saying the boys talk just as much. So the contest is- who can not talk for a week? The words said were tallied up on both sides and then added up and whoever said less words wins. At home they go on the honor system, and if asked a question from an adult, they can only give 3 word answers. So:
Teacher: How did you figure out that number 14 was 906, Tom?
Tom: I added it.
Teacher: ... And will you explain it in detail?
Tom: 304 plus 602.
Teacher: ...
And at the end the principals and teachers say that the contest is a disruption, but the students arge that they have the right to remain silent! Who will win the contest?
How much you liked it (1-5): 5

Title: 11 Birthdays
Author: Wendy Mass
Series (if any): None
Description: Well.. Basically its about a girl named Amanda, who is turning 11. She can't wait 'til her birthday is over. She goes to bed, and the next day she wakes up.. And it shoudl be Saturday. Its her birthday all over again!

Title: The ruins of Gorlan
Author: John Flannagen
Series (if any): The Ranger's Apprentice
Description: In medival times, a fifteen year old boy named Will is chosen as an apprentice to a 'ranger', although he barely knows what they are. I don't want to spoil the surprises for you, but the rangers are basically like spies. Anyway, the evil Morgarath is gathering his army of vicious creatures to attack the kingdom. What will happen to Will? Read and find out in the book! ((this is the first in the series, and the only one of them I've read, but there are five so far.))
How much you liked it (1-5): 100,000!!! xD

Title: Redwall
Author: Brian Jacques
Series (if any): Redwall
Description: The main character is a young mouse named Matthias. He looks up to Martin the Warrior, a brave mouse from years ago. But... Cluny the Scourge, a ferocious, greedy rat, also has an unthinkable desire...
How much you liked it (1-5): I'm not done with it yet. But so far, 5!

Title: Varjak Paw (And the outlaw Varjak paw)
Author: SF Said
Series (if any): well...there's two
Description: #1: Varjak sees two black cats with a man who takes the contessa(SP?) away. No one in his family believes him. The elder paw comes out to the yard with Varjak and tells him a Jalal tale. The cats kill the elder paw. Varjak escapes and meets holly and Tam. He learns about the Vanishings and the Way. He kills the two cats, the Vanishings at home, with the help of Holly, Tam, and their dog friend, Cludge.
#2: He meets Mrs.Moggs and has to help her kitten, Jess. He meets the Scratch Sisters, Pernisha, Malisha, and Aliza. Rescuing Jess from Sally Bones, he meets Omar and Ozzie, the orible twins. One big one bigger. They rescue Jess and find the underground city with all the mice from Winter. Razor, one of Sally Bones's gang, joins Varjak's gang. Cludge is not with them. Pernisha is killed by a train and Varjak destroys Sally Bones
How much you liked it (1-5): 55555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

Last edited by Blue_Brawl_Freak on Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

The Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book Thread   The Book Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:03 pm

Title: 11 Birthdays
Author: Wendy Mass
Series (if any): None
Description: Well.. Basically its about a girl named Amanda, who is turning 11. She can't wait 'til her birthday is over. She goes to bed, and the next day she wakes up.. And it shoudl be Saturday. Its her birthday all over again!
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

The Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book Thread   The Book Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:11 pm

*addz*
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

The Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book Thread   The Book Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:12 pm

Thanks. =) Cool idea, BTW.
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

The Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book Thread   The Book Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:12 pm

Thankies! ^^
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

The Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book Thread   The Book Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 8:33 pm

Title: The ruins of Gorlan
Author: John Flannagen
Series (if any): The Ranger's Apprentice
Description: In medival times, a fifteen year old boy named Will is chosen as an apprentice to a 'ranger', although he barely knows what they are. I don't want to spoil the surprises for you, but the rangers are basically like spies. Anyway, the evil Morgarath is gathering his army of vicious creatures to attack the kingdom. What will happen to Will? Read and find out in the book! ((this is the first in the series, and the only one of them I've read, but there are five so far.))
How much you liked it (1-5): 100,000!!! xD

((don't confuse it with the completely different series 'The Last Apprentice' because I've never read those, and have no desire to...))
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

The Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book Thread   The Book Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:31 pm

Title: Redwall
Author: Brian Jacques
Series (if any): Redwall
Description: The main character is a young mouse named Matthias. He looks up to Martin the Warrior, a brave mouse from years ago. But... Cluny the Scourge, a ferocious, greedy rat, also has an unthinkable desire...
How much you liked it (1-5): I'm not done with it yet. But so far, 5!
Back to top Go down
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

The Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book Thread   The Book Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:37 pm

Title: Varjak Paw (And the outlaw Varjak paw)
Author: SF Said
Series (if any): well...there's two
Description: #1: Varjak sees two black cats with a man who takes the contessa(SP?) away. No one in his family believes him. The elder paw comes out to the yard with Varjak and tells him a Jalal tale. The cats kill the elder paw. Varjak escapes and meets holly and Tam. He learns about the Vanishings and the Way. He kills the two cats, the Vanishings at home, with the help of Holly, Tam, and their dog friend, Cludge.
#2: He meets Mrs.Moggs and has to help her kitten, Jess. He meets the Scratch Sisters, Pernisha, Malisha, and Aliza. Rescuing Jess from Sally Bones, he meets Omar and Ozzie, the orible twins. One big one bigger. They rescue Jess and find the underground city with all the mice from Winter. Razor, one of Sally Bones's gang, joins Varjak's gang. Cludge is not with them. Pernisha is killed by a train and Varjak destroys Sally Bones
How much you liked it (1-5): 55555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

The Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book Thread   The Book Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:47 pm

*adds*'

Actually, they renamed it omen of the stars- the fourth apprentice is the first book. But why don't you like it? :|
Back to top Go down
Renna Longshadow
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Renna Longshadow

The Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book Thread   The Book Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 7:20 pm

Old thread, but oh well! :)

Title: The Hound of Rowan
Series: The Tapestry
Description: Max Mcdaniels beomces a potential, and joins the magical 'Rowan Academy'. He has many adventures there, and helps to stop a brutal and evil force
How much I liked it: 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000[Besides Brisingr, one of the best books i've read in a while]
Back to top Go down
http://www.webkinzinsider.com
Becca!
One Special Member!

The Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book Thread   The Book Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:32 am

Title: I'd Tell you I love you, but then I'd have to Kill you.
Author: Ally Carter
Series (if any): The Gallagher Girl series.
Description: Cammie (Chamelon) Morgan looks like an ordinary girl that goes to an ordinary boarding school. That is, if her school didn't teach advanced encyrption and how to break the CIA's firewall. Cammie goes to a school for spies with her friends Liz and Bex. Everything gets threatened though, when Cammie meets a normal boy and falls in love. No one knows about what really goes on in the Acedemy and - well, If I told you the rest, I'd have to kill you.
How much you liked it (1-5): 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000!!!!!
Other: The second book is Cross My Heart, Hope to Spy. The Third is: Don't judge a girl by her cover, due for release June ninth of this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book Thread   The Book Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Book Thread
Page 1 of 1