RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quicksilver - A Standard Fish Roleplay

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

Quicksilver - A Standard Fish Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Quicksilver - A Standard Fish Roleplay   Quicksilver - A Standard Fish Roleplay I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:56 pm

Ahead of you, there's nothing but water. The place is completely devoid of life... or is it?

Then, out of nowhere a sliver appears in the distance. Sighing, you slow, knowing that you have found somebody. Hopelessly lost, you call out, but the shape is already getting bigger... and now it's clear that the other fish is heading towards you. Wait a minute.... it seems a bit fast to be a real fish... isn't it? It looks like a swordfish; it's blue, but it doesn't have a long nose. Before you know it, the Tuna is circling you leisurely, and then it comes to rest in front of you.

"You look lost." He has a kind voice, and surely isn't hostile. "Would you like to come with me? I have a home for you here..." He turns to your right, and you just gape. You're amazed at his speed, but then you remember that Tunas can swim at 60 miled an hour. Less worried, you follow his gaze, and there is a hole in the side of the sandy cliff, which appears to be rather far away. Just after you've gotten closer by a shark-length, you notice that many tiny grains of sand are pouring over the edge of the cliff, into the abyss below. The Tuna seems to notice your slight fear and amazement. "The Grotto isn't that far down.... the Curtain of Stones is natural protection. This way." Slowly, you struggle to keep up with him. When he turns around, he comes back the five shark-lengths between you. "I'm sorry. I've forgotten that other fish don't swim as fast as us... come." He returns to the direction towards which he had been heading a few seconds ago, except much more slowly this time. You, exhausted, can easily stay by his side. He curves around the edge of the curtain, through a small gap concealed in the side that no larger fish would be able to fit through. The darkness of the indent of the wall fills your eyes, but you quickly adjust. Then, it's hard not to gasp at the world around you.

It's a huge, yawning cave that must be able to fit a hundred sharks. Dangerous spikes poke up and down from the walls of the cave, but the slow current in here has dulled their points into harmless, round tips. Many fish are floating through the water leisurely, going about their daily business. You turn your head as the Tuna speaks to you. "Sorry... I haven't introduced myself. My name is Mercury." As he swims fast yet again in a circle, you notice that Mercury is a little fat. Nothing much, though.

"So. Will you join?"

--

Times are rough for this group of fish, who call themselves the Quicksilver. As Mercury tells you, there is a rival school of fish called the Onyx. Apparently they want this area of the Tsunami Trench for themselves. If you join, you'll be able to help the Quicksilver survive.... but one less member could mean doom.

Rules!

1. Do not godmode. Godmoding is when you do everything perfectly, or defeat tons of enemies without getting a scratch. Even when attempting to catch bits of food to eat, one has to miss some of the time.
This rule includes timemoding, when you pass major time (e.g. 10 minutes) in the whole of your post. I will control timeskips, thank you very much.

2. No perfect characters. Everyone has flaws. "He is nice, caring, not easily distracted and never gives up." NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT. "She has great aim and strong jaws for biting." This is not allowed either. Everyone has to have a flaw in their personality AND skills.

3. Only standard fish. Characters created in this roleplay cannot be sharks, dolphins or anything bigger than a standard species of fish. However, any--yes, any--species of fish other than the ones mentioned earlier in this rule can be used.

4. No railroading. Only the maker of the roleplay--in this case, me--can control the plot. No, you cannot even say that there's an earthquake going to happen, even if it was prophetically predicted. You can control minor NPCs, such as small fish that you eat, but no major ones.

5. Keep it PG. No swearing, and keep the sexual content low.

6. No one-liners. Each post must be at least one and a half lines long. If one post is short, another will be short, and this will keep going on until people can barely post anymore. Try to use as much detail as is sensibly possible (you don't have to describe every single thing happening; just use common sense). Each detail section in the signup sheet (Appearance, Personality, History) is like an example post; make it at least one and a half lines long. Use decent grammar and spelling; if you're not sure how to spell a word, look it up.

7. Use common sense. This rule is pretty much self-explanatory. For example, if a fish's life span is 45 years, don't make a fish 53 years old. Also, these fish are NOT magic and thus should not have any abilities that fish in the real world do not have. Before signing up, if you have any doubt about your fish please look it up on Wikipedia or some other source with fairly reliable content.

A Small Note

• You may have as many characters as you like, as long as you can control them all.
  • Ages are in fish years.
  • A picture is fine for appearance.

Form

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

My Character

Name: Mercury
Species: Tuna
Appearance: The top half of Mercury's slightly fat body is a deep, clear blue, with a dull yellow stripe beneath it that begins at the back of his eye and trails to the base of his tail. The rest of his scales are a gleaming silver. His eyes are coal black, and almost never form a vacant stare into space. He has a tall dorsal fin and long pectoral fins. He's about seven and a half feet in length, a bit shorter for those precise people
Personality: Although Mercury is the leader of the Quicksilver, he can't make decisions very well and is rather inconfident about his abilities. He prefers supporting others and tries not to let them down. He tries to solve problems and arguments with convincing words, and prefers to have no conflict about the Quicksilver Cave (although he does know that nothing can be perfect). He treats everyone equally and cares for them as well as this feeble fish can.
History: Mercury, as a young fish, lived in a large school that traveled the oceans as nomads. He was one of the largest of the school, being longer than his dad when Mercury was about 6 years old. The school, unfortunately, was attacked by a pod of dolphins who got away with most of them. Mercury escaped and formed his own school in the Quicksilver Cave.
Other: None.
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: Quicksilver - A Standard Fish Roleplay   Quicksilver - A Standard Fish Roleplay I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:18 am

Name: Reggie "Reg"
Species:Banggai cardinalfish (Pterapogon kauderni)
Appearance:Quicksilver - A Standard Fish Roleplay File:Pterapogon_kauderni_NEA
Personality:Reggie is fun and carefree, but is overprotective about himself. He doesn't like getting hurt AT ALL. He is very intelligent and likes friends, but just a few.
History: Reggie started out in a aquarium, but shortly after relizing he was not that kind of species, the aqaurium people dumped him into the ocean. He's been through hard times, like almost getting hooked, before going deeper in. Then he meet Mercury, la de da, you get the point.
Other: NOpe, read the rules, but nothin' else
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: Quicksilver - A Standard Fish Roleplay   Quicksilver - A Standard Fish Roleplay I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 8:38 pm

Okay, you're in~!
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: Quicksilver - A Standard Fish Roleplay   Quicksilver - A Standard Fish Roleplay I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:00 pm

Name: Aria
Species: Arapaima
Appearance: Aria is a large fish, being a little less than three feet long. Her head is very small compared to the rest of her body, and she has long, translucent fins. Her scales are silver with a small tint of green, and she has very small eyes that are the same color as her scales, except they don't shine as much.
Personality: Aria is quick-thinking and doesn't usually overlook things. However, sometimes, she is rather rash and doesn't think before she acts. She's very careful, but at the same time, occasionally too cautious. She is patient with others and doesn't mind waiting, but has a timid nature, often shying away from most fish much bigger than her.
History: She hatched a long way east from Tsunami Trench. She never knew her parents because they left almost just as she came out of her egg. Back then, she was very small, but like all arapaimas, she grew very quickly, reaching a foot in length in the first four fish-years of her life. After that, she slowed down, and decided to explore her area. She was carried to the trench on a current, and has lived there since.
Other:
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: Quicksilver - A Standard Fish Roleplay   Quicksilver - A Standard Fish Roleplay I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:04 pm

You're in, too! :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quicksilver - A Standard Fish Roleplay   Quicksilver - A Standard Fish Roleplay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quicksilver - A Standard Fish Roleplay
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPcentral Forum :: Other Animal Role-Plays :: Aquatic Life RPs-
Jump to: