RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.) Empty
PostSubject: Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.)   Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:57 pm

Preface

The moon, a bright glowing orb, stood out more then ever against the pale, smoky gray of the night sky. The ocean was at high tide, and the foamy waters were a sorrow color of faded navy blue. The wind gently rustled the quiet, still waters.
It was not only the wind that moved in these dark depths, but something else, something more. No, not a something but a someone. There was a pretty young girl, laying in the waters. She was awake, and her brilliant golden blonde hair was wet. She was tall, and very skinny with bright, day time ocean blue eyes. Oh, and she has a bright, vibrant green tail.. She was a mermaid. Her name, is Melody.
Her sweet face, turned and looked. Her expression.. A look of horror, shock and dismay. A little ways away from Melody, near the shore, the water was rippling.
Out stepped a girl, her face was chalky pale, and her hair a dark, dark gray. She was tall, and skinny like Melody, but unlike her in many ways. First, the look on her face. It was wicked, sadistic and over all.. Evil.
A second person stood next to this girl, looking quite like her, only a male. His hair was a dark, smoky gray as well. His face was horrifically evil as well, a huge grin placed on his face.
The most horrific thing of all, was the people behind them. They were marching, evil glances all around.
Melody gasped, but it was to late. The Dark Moon Mermaids had come.

Chapter 1

Melody rushed down, her green, vibrant tail whipping madly behind her.
“ Father! Father!” She cried, as she saw the castle, the castle of the mermaids, in the distance.
A male stepped out of the castle, and looked worried at the distressed look and tone of his daughter. The man had a gray white beard and hair, and had a green tail like Melody, and his eyes were the same.
“ Yes, Melody?” The man asked, his name was King Spariti. Kind Spariti was the leader of the mermaids, the good mermaids to be specific. He wore a bright golden crown atop his head, this crown contained jewels, each a color of an elemental.
Red, Blue, Green and White. Fire, Water, Earth, and even air.
“ T-the D-dark Moon Mermaids.” Melody stuttered, and King Spariti gasped, he understood completely. Now, there is a reason, maybe not a good reason to some, but a reason that the Dark Moon Mermaids are arising, mostly their leader, Shadow.
“ Melody, it is your destiny to stop them.” King Spartini said, his voice grave. King Spartini recalled a prophecy that was said before, even, Melody was born, or rather here.
Melody nodded, scared out of her wits. She swam up, and away from the castle which her father resided. Melody swam away, and sighed, sitting on a piece of chair-like coral.
Now, you must understand that there is other things, not so far away from King Spartini and Melody, in the Dark Moon territory. Shadow, the leader, paced back and forth, wondering if some of the merpeople would come and join her group, soon. Shadow smiled, a wicked, non friendly thing, as a tall merman, with a long jade green tail came in. His hair was ruffled, a bright red, orange colored thing.
“Shadow? Leader of Dark Moon?” The flame haired boy, his eyes a dark shadow of.. Evil. The young boy's name was Janus. Janus had heard rumors of the Dark Moon, and liked their kind of thinking.
Shadow spun around, eyes brighter with venomous glee. She nodded. “Yes, and who's asking?” Shadow demanded.
“Janus, son of Juni.” Janus answered, his tone irate, and prickly with annoyance. Janus wished this girl would hurry it up, he didn't have all the time in the world.
“Yes, I am the leader of Dark Moon. Have you come to join me?” Shadow said, noticing Janus's irate tone. Her pitch black hair waved behind her, and her mouth stretched into a small grin, jagged and pointed teeth showing.
“Yeah.” Janus answered simply, grinning a ragged looking grin in return.
Shadow spun around, and faced Janus, eyes glowing. “Your in.” She said shortly, and stalked off, leaving Janus, standing wide eyed.
Meanwhile, Melody was sitting on the piece of coral. Shadow was gaining followers, and fast. Melody, however, had no followers to join her in her quest. Suddenly, something rustled in the seaweed behind her. Melody turned around, half scared it might be Shadow, and half excited. Melody had always loved a good mystery, or even new people around.
Out came a young girl, around Melody's age, only she had long, brilliant golden locks, blue streaking through it.
“ I've come to help.” The girl said.
Now, you must understand that this battle includes the humans, right? Dark Moon will not stop until they have control of the mermaid world underneath, and the human world above. Yes, unfortunately, this fight concerns all sides.
In the human world, up above, a young girl named Gwen Smith, walked the streets. She looked, quite like Melody in fact, Gwen and Melody were closer then you might think. Anyways, Gwen continued walking, her bright blue backpack slung over her shoulder, and her bright blue shoes hitting the pavement in rhythmic movement.
Her face was guarded, and her mind was racing frantically. She had just had the strangest dream! She was in the water, and she was a mermaid, with other merpeople around her. There was on other person there, whom she'd felt a connection to some how.
“Impossible.” Gwen had kept muttering to herself, but then again.. Strange things did seem to keep happening to her. Gwen had been on the run for a while now, escaping from the orphanage and living in the streets. She'd learned a lot from living out here, the best places to get food, shelter, that kinda thing.
Gwen always got this, feeling, whenever something bad was going to happen. She had the same, familiar, fluttering feeling in her stomach again. Gwen sighed, as she turned a corner into a alley way. There was a blocked off door into an abandoned house there, or so it seemed. Gwen slipped in from the door, and laid down onto a make-shift bed.
“Something is gonna happen..” Gwen kept saying to herself, before she fell asleep. She was underwater again, and saw the merpeople.
“We need you! We need you!” The chanted.. And Gwen was dreamless again.
Underwater, on the other hand, Melody was staring open mouthed at the girl in front of her. “Y-you've come to help me?” Melody asked in shock.
“Yes, to fight Dark Moon.” The mysterious girl said, a soft song seeming to arise from her voice. “I'm Hallie, daughter of Dalis.” She added softly, noticing Melody's surprise at her arrival.
“I'm Melody, daughter of Spartini.” Melody said, “Nice to meet you.” Melody said, smiling. She extended a hand, which Hallie took and smiled as well, her perfect white teeth showing through.
“You're here to help against Dark Moon?” Melody asked, wanting to clarify and make sure her hearing wasn't going bad already!
Hallie nodded, “Can we go somewhere more.. Private? Just for our purpose, you never know.” Hallie said. Hallie was the kind of person, who at first, seems like the big noble person who takes a lot of risks. Once you really knew her, she was a shy, cautious young girl.
Melody nodded, and pointed above her head.
“We can go to the surface.. Nobody would bother us there.” Melody said, already leading the way. Her tail waved behind her, excitement showing greatly.
Hallie laughed, and followed behind her. Her hair waved about, making Hallie look even more stunning then ever.
Melody reached the surface, and as soon as she did, her tail was replaced by long, pale colored legs. Hallie got the same, and grinned. They both got bright colored dresses. Hallie, a bright yellow with blue stripes. Melody, a bright golden yellow color, almost like a dandelion.
“Nice.” Melody and Hallie said, complementing each others dresses. Melody and her new friend stepped up onto the shore, eyes bright. They sat down on a bench, near the street, and talked in low, hushed voices.
This is very important, do you remember our young friend Gwen?
Well, Gwen awoke and saw pale dawn light streaming through an open window, or rather a non boarded up one. She rushed out the door, going on a morning jog.
She was jogging, all normal and comfortable. Thats when she saw two young girls sitting on a bench. She stopped short.
“Mermaids?” Gwen said out loud, breathless.

So.. WHAT DO 'YA THINK? xD

Last edited by Branch on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.)   Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:25 pm

Very cool. I love how you described the ocean and stuff. It really paints a clear picture! Write more! ^-^
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.)   Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:18 pm

Thanks! :D I promise I'll write more soon!
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.)   Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:31 pm

I added chapter 1.. A bit long! xD
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.)   Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:04 pm

Awesome! ((Ps, you can use Suikoden if you want))
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.)   Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:24 pm

(( Thanks.. )) This one is different then the RP.. My own little story I guess. =)
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.)   Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:54 pm

((M'kay, so, it's a bit like an alternative version of the rp?))
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.)   Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:09 pm

(( Kinda..))

It gets really interesting the next chapter.. I'm working on it right now.
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.)   Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 3:51 pm

Great! I like how you had them say, like, "Melody, daughter of Spartini". Very different, in a good way! I'm awaiting the next chapter... ^_~
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.)   Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:15 pm

Thank you Pirate.. Mermaids in this story are very polite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.)   Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Moon Mermaids - Arise (The Tail Behind The RP.)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPcentral Forum :: RPC Artist's Corner :: RPC Library-
Jump to: