RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pets?

Go down 
+4
Ω ViolentSong Ω
Rebecca
kieran c:
Lan Fan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

Pets? Empty
PostSubject: Pets?   Pets? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 11:40 pm

Which ones do you have? Which ones do you want?

I have an English budgie (also known as a parakeet); his name is Fletcher, and he's the classic green and yellow color, with a little tiny bit of light blue on the side of his tail. he's a great singer, and he loves the Japanese band "Flow."
I also have a female conure -- a cross between a Sun conure and a Jenday conure -- named Aihi. Both of these species look very similar, with the difference of green feathers on their wings and back. The cool thing about this is that the feathers on Aihi's back are green, but tipped with yellow, and it creates a really cool look.

I really love birds, so I would love to have any bird bigger than Aihi at some point, but the one I have my eye on is a palm cockatoo. I don't know why, but they remind me of one of my favorite anime characters, and they're supposed to be relatively quiet for cockatoos. They also sound like they're kind of clownish, so maybe that will be amusing as well.
(Of course, that's much later; those are for advanced bird owners who are used to owning large birds...)
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

Pets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pets?   Pets? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:19 am

I used to have a tabby named Cricket. We had to put her down back in January of 2010, though. :\ We believe she had a form of cancer, but other than that, it was simply old age. At least fourteen years old, or so. Eleven of 'em with our family. (:

Shortly after, my mom got another cat, and it's more the "family cat" than mine alone. Another tabby, this time brown, not gray, and super, super tiny. She had kittens young, so it stunted her growth, hence her size. The agency we adopted her from found her in the streets with her little kittens, they took 'er in, and we adopted her. (:
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

Pets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pets?   Pets? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 9:15 am

I had a Jack Russell Terrier, white with russet brown/copper splotches. Sadly, she got run over. =( Her name was Ginger.

I've had a couple fish over the years, but they all die within a week. XDD
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

Pets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pets?   Pets? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 11:02 am

Rebecca wrote:

I've had a couple fish over the years, but they all die within a week. XDD

I have some koi in my backyard pond right now, but when I was about 8 or 9, I tried keeping fish in a tank... for some reason that I'm still not sure of, it failed horribly. I don't think any of the fish lived for very long at all.
Back to top Go down
Ω ViolentSong Ω
One Special Member!
Ω ViolentSong Ω

Pets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pets?   Pets? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 2:44 pm

I'm very good at keeping fish, well mainly because my mom is a pro beta-breeder, I can keep a beta-fish for more than 9 years!
I have two dogs, well they're my moms, I hate dogs.
I have a cat named Sabbath, he is fluffy and black with yellow eyes that darken to amber when he's mad. He is 3 years old, his birthday is on the same day as mine, seriously! February 1st!
We have a family cat named Church, we named him after the blue cat in the movie the Pet Cemetery. He is blue with amber eyes.
I had two kittens named Jack and Jay which we got rid of because they were too annoying! whenever we went into the kitchen for a cup of coffee or anything they would follow us and scream!
I also had a kitten name Myrrh which I loved so much! I found him outside with his brother. They were in the cold and mom let me keep Myrrh. My neighbor Brianna got to keep his brother. Sadly one night I went away to visit my friend for a couple of days. When my mom picked me up she said Myrrh had died in my room the night before. I still cry for him... I loved him so much.
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

Pets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pets?   Pets? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:15 pm

I have a dog, parakeet, hamster and Turtle right now. I use to have a Guinea pig. But my sister put a dress on him and he suffocated. SO he was replaced with the hamster.
The dog is mainly mine, but she's got cancer, so we won't have her for very long anymore.
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

Pets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pets?   Pets? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 9:58 pm

I currently have 2 cats and hoping for another dog. I've had a golden retriever, twin labradors -one twin had 11 puppies, kept one- and a minature dachshund. The cats have been in the family since the twins, so they are relatively into the golden yrs but still fun to play with. :)
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

Pets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pets?   Pets? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:27 pm

Vixen wrote:
I use to have a Guinea pig. But my sister put a dress on him and he suffocated. SO he was replaced with the hamster.

DEADLY DRESS-UP

If that were me I would be reeeeeeally frustrated. Did you yell at your sister for a long time after that?
Back to top Go down
Ontra
RP Beginner
RP Beginner

Pets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pets?   Pets? I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 8:15 pm

I've had a lot of pets over the course of my life. Dogs, cats, fish. Below are a few that I've got currently.

Cats:
Tiger - My oldest cat and by far my gentlest. He's a huge tabby with amber/brown coloration though his stripes are black. He's not really a "people" person as he runs and hides whenever someone new comes into the house. However, he'll cuddle you forever if you're able to get close enough to pet him. He's about six years old right now and doing well, though we believe he may have arthritis in his hind quarters.

Duma - His name means "Cheetah" in Swahili. He's a Burmese cross with a tabby and his markings are most spectacular, consisting of different variations of stripes along his legs. His hind quarters are almost pure white, the stripes just coming up to his mid section of his legs. The front legs have more stripes on them, and his face has a large patch of white. Like most tabbies he has the classical "M" shaped marking on his head.

Anya - My little one-eyed wonder. She's a rescue kitten and we took her in when she was about a year old. She's got one eye, yet that doesn't seem to stop her as she's still as energetic as ever. She's more of a rare breed called an Oriental Tortoiseshell Tabby and she's got spectacular markings and a lithe figure. Her tail doesn't puff out all the way when she's scared either, which makes it quite the site when she's angry or afraid. Despite her small size, she's quite the cuddler.

Fish:
Atlas - Named by my boyfriend, Atlas is a bright red Beta with a small crown around the side of his face where his gills flare out when he's scared or angered (though I have never seen him do this before). He's pretty laid back and will rest around your finger if you dip it in the tank, though you need to be careful not to leave it in there too long or he will latch onto it. I haven't yet figured out why (guess he just likes fingers). To answer any questions on how my cats handle being around Atlas, they don't bother with him much and yes they know he's there.

Wanted Pets:
Doberman - I've wanted one of these for the longest time and my boyfriend agrees with me. When I leave home I am planning on adopting or purchasing a puppy. For some reason I'm in love with the name Desoto. If anything I'd want a male Doberman. I find the males more appealing then the females and it would be a major change for me from raising a lot of female dogs when I was younger.

Bearded Dragon - I've wanted one of these for a long time. I've even got a name picked out (Gadzooks or Zookie for short). I happen to love their coloration, though I'm not too crazy about the bugs they eat. I guess I'll make my boyfriend feed him (I'm just that mean).
Back to top Go down
http://www.ottifet.webs.com
Sponsored content

Pets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pets?   Pets? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pets?
Page 1 of 1