RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Wolves of Yellowstone

Go down 
+3
Blank's Toucan
Splashie
Lan Fan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:49 pm

Kagami nodded in approval, and then crouched down so that she could slide into the den. She lowered her thick tail as well as she slithered through the narrow tunnel; she even had to flatten her ears. The red-and-gray wolf narrowed her eyes as it grew darker, but then suddenly the amount of light and space increased, and she found herself in a large, hollowed out chamber.

As she gazed at the walls, her tail began wagging furiously. "This is perfect!" she complimented with a grin. "Large animals can't get in, and the entrance is pretty well hidden!" Satisfaction coursed through her, and she turned around, half-expecting Arnou to follow her in.
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:35 pm

Arnou had waited, but followed anyway. "Thanks. It was originally filled with rabbits..." He laughed a little. The furballs had all gathered to hide from him and the other predators in the huge crevice- it was an ironic sight. "They were all hiding and there were at least twelve. I managed to snag three of four but then they never came back."

)Sorry this is so late, my computer thought you hadn't posted so I came back to check. -o-' (
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:58 pm

((No worries. It happens to me, too.
I hope we don't have to make it nighttime and leave everyone behind. D:))

Kagami gave a small laugh, and she smiled at the oddly amusing factor. Now that Arnou was comfortable with her in his den, she circled around to the back of the cavern. Just like the rest, it was dry, but it seemed to have a perfect dip in the ground. Maybe it was natural, or maybe that was where he usually slept. Either way, she would choose another spot, and at the same time, explore. Oddly, she sniffed around the perimeter of the cavern before sitting in the middle, satisfied, with her tail wagging. "It will be interesting to see how the night goes in here," she commented eventually.
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Arnou nodded, resuming his shuffle. "It stays pretty warm unless you sleep by the crack. Then there's a really bad draft. That's why I chose a spot farther back, learned that one teh hard way." He laughed a little, and drug his paw across the eroded dirt. It had always seemed smooth one way, and rough another. Like fur.
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:10 pm

((Okay, fine I have an idea.))

As the ground gradually leveled, Anchor was able to increase his speed. He wasn't extremely tired but jogging up the steep hill had worn him out. He turned to his right a bit as he crested the slope - the earth started moving downward from there, more towards back where he had started. In a way, he'd be going in a big circle, but it wouldn't quite connect at the end. Moreover, there was a little dip in the distance he wanted to investigate. If it contained water, he would be grateful, since he had just realized how thirsty he was getting from all this running around. He didn't need to expend all his energy getting there, though, so he slowed himself to a pace just faster than a walk. He was careful to stay along the rim of the valley, and he would swerve off once he drew near to the dip.

((He's aiming for the watering hole thing.))
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:54 pm

OOC//: I apologize everyone! I completely forget about this entire RP! Can someone please catch me up? I'm not really sure where I left off, but I promise that I'll come back! xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:00 pm

)That's OK with me Bexx! :3 Loving the layout p.s.(
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:42 pm

((Actually, nobody else but me and Blanx really posted for some reason *sad face* so all we did was go for a hunt and now Kagami and Arnou are in a den. Kagami is visiting Arnou's territory so the scent around the west side of Fossil Forest may be a little strange. So you may come across a scent trail of theirs or something near the watering hole. ^^
I wonder if Splash is still participating... she hasn't logged on since February...))
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:18 pm

OOC: Sorry to double-spam-post this, but it's still your turn to post Lan. :3
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:35 pm

((Oh. Thanks for the reminder.
If you guys need something to do, Moai and Rebecca, I can time-skip into the night.))

Suddenly, the talk of the den made it sound very inviting, and Kagami noticed that a wave of fatigue had rushed over her. She had played around with the hunt and spent most of her energy, but until now she hadn't realized just how much of it. The red-and-gray wolf flopped down in the middle of the den, though she was toward one side of it so there was still a lot of room for Arnou to choose a spot. Contented at the feel of the tiny grains of soil below her, her tail thumped gently against the ground. The sound was almost inaudible.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:31 am

((Don't let this die, Yellowstone is amazing! D: I was just watching a documentary, and I saw a lot of Amethyst Mountain on it! The Burn and Fossil Forest look really cool.
I'll time-skip since nobody posted for a couple of weeks.))

Kagami's eyes slid open to darkness. She had no idea why she had woken in the middle of the night. Sometimes she just did. For a moment, she wondered where she was, but then she felt the warmth of the den all around her. There was another wolf nearby.... that was Arnou, wasn't it? She stood up gently, without waking him, and padded toward the exit. She was very careful when she ducked to exit, since she didn't want to make much noise, and was grateful when she finally reached the outside.

The view from the slope was beautiful. The whole valley stretched before her, and she could see moonlight sparkle on the river below. Beyond the valley was the ridge of another mountain. But more vast than any of that was the huge indigo sky above her. She could see so many stars, it almost looked like a sea of white. A cloudy expanse of them stretched above her, and she looked up at it in amazement, its bright silver reflecting in her golden eyes.

((Go ahead and make something happen if you like. :D
Looks like Splash is inactive, so I'll remove his/her characters from the list...))
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:00 am

))Gah, I've been waiting for bexx or moai, but this is like- starting to turn into just us! D: HALP!(

Arnou shrugged his head out from under both front legs. He'd heard a little bit of a scuffle around the wall opposite of him, so he looked around. Just to be matched with darkness of course. The wolf yawned largely, and looked torward the thin exit. Kagami was where? His conscience scolded him for such a controlling thought, so he tucked his muzzle back into the bend of his right paw, and started to drift off.

Morning would be here soon.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:36 pm

Kagami's ears pricked as she noticed that the starlight was fading, to be replaced by a violet-pink haze. It was coming straight from the east, and she turned right... to face the slope. Quickly, she pushed herself up the hill until she was at the crest, and stood at the very top so she could see the clear sky to the east. Below the violet that was beginning to gather in the east side of the sky, there was a faint orange glow... a beautiful mix of colors. The sun is rising.

So excited that she almost tripped down the slope, she slid until she reached the entrance to the den, and wriggled inside, almost beginning to run before she remembered how small it was. "Arnou, come out and look at the sunrise!" she yelped, and then swiftly pivoted and crawled back out of the den. She paused there for a moment, glancing in anticipation at the den entrance, and then dashed back up the slope until she was at the very crest. Her amber eyes were fixed on the eastern sky. Their view was almost unobstructed by trees; the area of Douglas Fir Slopes ahead of them was fairly low. The sun's golden face was just peeking through the trees, and the stars faded back into the night sky gradually.
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:52 pm

Anchor's ears twitched in his sleep. The rumble from the faraway river reached him, and it woke him gently from his slumber. It was a nice way to wake up to the slowly rising sun. The first thing the umber wolf saw was the painted colors of the newly lit sky. It calmed him even more - he almost wanted to go to sleep again, but a newborn wind blew through his fur, reminding him that it was time to get up. Slowly, Anchor pushed himself up on his paws, stretching his jaws in a wide yawn. As soon as he stood up straight, he shook off his pelt, ridding himself of the dust that had sneaked toward his skin.

Anchor turned his head. He was on the edge of a cliff, not far from Kagami and Arnou's den. He couldn't see it, but what he could see was the expanse of cliffs and the trees of the Fossil Forest. He had eaten recently, but he hadn't had water since yesterday. Deciding, he turned to the southwest and began trotting towards the water hole.
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:39 pm

)Agh. LIIVE!(

Arnou dragged his paws down his muzzle, half awake. "Whaat?" He managed before she raced out. He could see a faint pink glow eminatign from the entrance. "Oh. Right. Sunrise. Really?" The larger male was not a morning songbird of any kind. Arnou flexed his muscles as he wriggled out of the entrance. "Beautiful." was his response, walking up beside her.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:31 pm

Kagami's ears twitched with amusement, but also with apprehension. She hadn't realized that Arnou wasn't used to waking up this early. She dropped her head for a moment, but then looked up again, realizing that the sun didn't stay this way for long. Soon after she had glanced up again, the sun was fully above the Douglas Fir Slopes tree line. She wagged her tail a little, and turned briskly toward Arnou. "So. What do you want to do now?" For a moment, she paused, and tilted her head with a grin. "Sleep more?"
Back to top Go down
Amayas7

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Name: Moon (Nickname: Moony, though she doesn't like it)
Appearance: White wolf with amber eyes
Personality: Dreamy, and often lost in thought. That is how she got her nickname.
Other: She is currently a loner but can't wait to find a mate. (Anyone want to be her mate?)

Name: Hershey
Apperance: Brown wof with brown eyes
Personality: Very fierce, but has a soft spot, though he doesn't show it often.
Other: Loner and happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wolves of Yellowstone
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4