RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mixed Blood

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Harvey
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Harvey

Mixed Blood Empty
PostSubject: Mixed Blood   Mixed Blood I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 12:09 am

Okay, well, Hi everyone, for a start. I know it's been... awhile, but I'm back. Kinda. I dunno. But I have a little something I'd like to share with you guys ^.^ It's just a little something-something I wrote as a story idea.

It was silent except for the soft buzz of the electric door on the other side of my cage. I walked over to it, brushing it with the tips of my fingers. Though the shock never hurt, seeing as my skin was technically dead, I enjoyed the feeling it gave my hand. Warmth, glee, excitement; everything that this place wasn’t. My cage was sealed in, no light daring to seep through the cracks. Everything was black except for the silver door, which was laced with miniature wires to send shocks down my body if I were to try and break out. Of course, getting past the door would be a cinch; it was made of steel and the shock didn’t affect me. Easily torn down and still free of any damage. It was outside that scared me, what with the lights and all.

You see, I’m a vampire. No, I do not sparkle in the light. No, I’m not extremely smart and beautiful. I’m a real vampire. Instead of glittering like a disco ball, I actually burn. No, there is no special ring to protect me. I’m completely vulnerable to the light. And outside my cell? Lights. Everywhere. Not just normal lights, no. They had to make sure that it was light that was extra painful for me when I stepped into it. The door was just teasing me to break out and burn to death. Then again, that’s what they all want. The whole world is just waiting for me to knock down the door and turn to ashes. Then the world will be rid of vampires once more.

My name is Alexandria Van Dall. I was born in 1996, like any normal child. I’m not some immortal vampire from way back in the eighteen hundreds. Oh, I wish I was born back then. Those were the good times when vampires where popular. Then people starting complaining how we were using too much blood, so we moved to the animals as a substitute. Of course, humans didn’t like that either. We were of course stupid enough to start a huge war with the humans, battling for… well for that there really isn’t an answer. We were tired of the humans, they were tired of us. The fighting just happened to be a stupid solution that someone picked. So, we fought for about twenty years, and it seemed like we would win with how many people we could kill in just a matter of seconds. Then the Sermings started filtering in.

Sermings are basically half human, half shape shifters. They can transform in to anything, literally. From a glorious Phoenix to a simple piece of garbage. They started coming into Vampire territory at first, saying that they would assist us, but us being the headstrong and stubborn vampires that we were, we refused. Not too kindly, either. We tried to harvest them for blood, but we couldn’t even make a dent in their skin. Some clans got beaten up pretty badly, and they went to the humans and promised them that we would be gone within a year if they protected The Orb. What The Orb was for is beyond anyone, but they agreed all the same. So we lost, badly. I was born December 24th, 1996; also known as, the End Day. All war between us ceased, seeing as there were no vampires left.

Except for me, of course. I was left in a little box on the streets of New York, if I can remember it clearly. My hair was brown and fair, which quickly changed to black and thick as the years went on. My eyes were a normal color of green and my skin porcelain white. I was human back then. Till a vampire came and took a little nibble on my left arm. As soon as his teeth entered my skin, he was shot with a Serming bullet, made out of God knows what, and he fell to the ground, sending me flying. I was caught by a Serming solider, and he could have pulled out the venom in my system with the needle I knew all Sermings carried around, but he didn’t, for some reason. Instead, he took me to the Serming leader, who proceeded to lock me in a small box in the middle of Harney Lake in Oregon. They surrounded the lake with the special lights, much to all of the eco-friendly humans’ demise after they saw how it was killing the grass, and made it so that I would have to go through a series of traps in order to escape.

I pushed my hand softly against the door, hearing the metal creak under my weight. One thing those pathetic books got right was the vampire strength. If I had any around, I could crush titanium under my grasp. As I leaned more and more onto the door, I blinked, surprised as I saw the light starting to leak into my block. Hissing, I jumped back when a single ray of light fell upon my arm, but didn’t experience any pain. I eyed my arm curiously as I saw that not even a slight line of ash had appeared on my skin.

“Oh everyone loves this,” I chuckled as I imagined the headlines on tomorrow’s paper. ‘Captive Vampire Able To Withstand Light.’ Just as I was about to go back to the door and see if I could see the light again, I heard Sermings already appearing by my door to repair it, the drills rumbling the entire cubicle. Mumbling profanities to myself, I sat down in the small cot that was provided for me, my head slamming against the pillow, flat from too much use.

My head turned slightly to my left to the pile of novels that were towering over me. One thing that the humans decided was okay to give me, along with food, was fiction novels. Apparently they wouldn’t be teaching me anything important to help me escape, so I was able to get as many books as I liked. My favorite ones where the vampire books that people made. While the sappy romances and thrilling mysteries where exciting to humans and Sermings, they were a laugh for me. Then there were the ghost and necromancer stories. Those were also really good. Though I doubt that they are real, they were always a pleasure to read. Sadly, my therapist removed them when I told him that I wanted to know more about the myths around them.

I also have a therapist who comes to evaluate me every week. At first they would strap me down with titanium cuffs, but they were laced with Vervain; another vampire myth that the books got right. It didn’t hurt when I relaxed in the chair, but moving around was another story. The cuff would brush my skin, and my entire body felt like it was on fire. Eventually, when they noticed that I was cooperating, they released me from the chair. I was able to sit on a normal chair without restrictions, but there were guards ready with vervain shots.

My therapist wasn’t the greatest either. You know how they are supposed to try and help you understand what you feel and keep you at bay? Well, mine just asked me questions about what vampire life was like, what it felt like in the cube, made sure that anything that was hazardous to humans was removed. The more I saw him, the more I wanted to break his neck.

I picked up a worn novel from the tower, flipping through the pages absent mindedly. Sure, I wasn’t super smart like I’m supposed to be, but I was defiantly more smart than anyone should be. I finished a two thousand paged book in less than one hour and was able to capture every detail. That’s mostly what I did every day, though. Well, everyday, when Luke didn’t come in.

Luke was a Serming solider that was supposed to come in and feed me my blood and meat and provide clean toilets and clothes, but most of the time while I ate, he sat down and talked. The first time he came in, he was shaking and scared. So much so that I could smell the adrenaline pulsing through his veins.

I was hiding in the corner of the room when he came in, hidden by the shadows. I watched as his pale blue eyes searched the room frantically for me as he placed the tray of food on the floor. He looked around more for me when he released it, and started to relax a little. Walking over to my tower of novels, he picked up one of the worn books, smiling as he read my little notes in the margins.

I watched him for a little longer, examining his features. He was twelve, like me at the time, but well built. His blonde hair was fair and thin, falling around his pale face. My eyes traced the curve of his jaw and the crooked twist of his smile, watching as his worn hands turned the pages. Suddenly he put the book back down, heading towards my bed where I sat. I hissed ferociously, making him fall back in surprise. Chuckling, I crawled to the edge, making me look like I was ready to pounce.

When my face poked out of the shadows, I watched his eyes dilate like mad at my appearance. For a twelve year old, I was pretty well developed and looked like I could be fifteen. Maybe I lied earlier about being extremely beautiful, because honestly? I was pretty good looking. My hair was sleek and fell down like a curtain around my face, giving me an elegant look with an edge. My eyes flashed green, but a red tint had been added to them when I turned into a vampire, making my skin look even paler than it already was. Another thing my vampire blood added? The stereotypical fangs.

“You’re rather young to be a soldier, aren’t you?” I growled, flashing my right fang in a smirk. “No, you’re too fragile to serve them. I could break your neck in an instant if I wanted too.” Oh that sent him off. He was on his knees in an instant, begging me to spare his life.

“I like you,” my voice rang like chimes in the cube as I jumped over to the plate on the floor, “but next time? I’d like a table. Eating on the floor makes me feel like a pig.” I picked up the plastic cup of blood, stirring it around like wine before letting it slide down my throat.

“W-what are you doing?” He said as I got up and stood right by him, my face inches from his, “A-are you going to drink my blood?”

I rolled my eyes as I scoffed, “No, smart one. Don’t you know the rules? It’s cruel to drink a child’s blood. The blood I get is from those of an adult. Type O and female. My personal favorite,” I flashed him another smile as I ran my finger across his neck. “You’re a type AB from the smell of how the adrenaline mixes with the cells. Not my kind, especially with you being male. Male’s blood is too strong and ignorant.”

“I-I’m no child,” Luke had said defensively, “I’m a soldier in the Serming Army, and I’m not ignorant.”

I waved my finger at him, scolding him. “Don’t contradict a vampire, child,” I said as I walked back to my breakfast.

“You’re a child too,” His voice came back as strong and proud, and I heard him stand up to defend himself. I laughed and turned towards him.

“You’re pretty cool,” I said, picking up a piece of my bacon and handing it to him, which he took slowly. “I’ve been waiting for someone to finally act like they won’t break under my gaze. I’ve decided that you’re my friend,” I paused, “You will be my friend, right?”

“Y-yes?”

“Don’t stutter.”

“Don’t tell me what to do.”

There was a pause, and I started laughing, running up and hugging him. He froze and didn’t return my hug, and I could smell more fear flow into his blood. Pulling apart, I said, “I assume you know my name. What’s yours?”

“I’m Luke DeCraule,” He said, bowing, and I saw a slight smile playing at the corner of his lips. I curtsied and sat down by my plate again, nibbling on the steak, watching him walk over to the door.

“Luke?” I asked, my voice weak as he turned to me, “You’ll come back, right?” He looked at me like I was crazy for assuming that he wouldn’t at first, but when he saw the genuine fear in my eyes, he nodded and left. And that was that. We became extremely close over the two years, and now at age fourteen, he was never afraid of my tricks.

“Hey, little vampire,” his voice was light and cheerful as he came in with a tray for my lunch, “What’s this I hear you trying to break out? Sick of my presence already?”

Hearing his voice, I jumped out of bed, as he put the tray on the floor, running and throwing my arms around him. He laughed and hugged me back, his arms radiating heat. I smiled at his scent; like the grass after a summer storm.

“Why would I want to leave you? You’re the only person I have in this world, Luke. Everyone else hates my mere existence,” I said as I picked up the wine glass filled with my blood. Smacking my lips, I looked at him curiously. “What is this? I don’t believe I’ve tried this. It’s… sweet. Pure, almost. But it’s…”

“Male, I know. And type AB,” his voice sounded like he had played a terrible joke on me, and my eyes widened as I realized who’s blood it was. I gasped and dropped the glass, making it shatter every where.

“Luke,” I breathed, his eyes growing wide with fear as I clutched my stomach and backed into the wall, “What in God’s name have you done?”

There are a lot of rules when it comes to blood. One, as I mentioned earlier, is not to drink a child’s blood. Though that didn’t apply here, seeing as he was a teenager like me, another one did. He was a close friend; and he was now eternally bonded to me.

Drinking the blood of a friend basically made them your feeding bank for a lot of people, but it also could make them become even closer to you, romantically. You only drank the blood of someone close to you if you wanted to never be separated from them, because the gods seemed to find ways to keep you together. Now, I didn’t want Luke to become a feeding bank for me, and being locked in a box, I didn’t really plan on having romantic relations with anyone, but that wasn’t the root of the problem. There was something spiked in the blood, and it wasn’t vervain.

“Alexandria?” His voice was frantic as he rushed over to me, holding me close to him as I gasped in pain. “What-?”

He barely got another word out when I pushed him away and vomited. I fell to the ground, my hands barely keeping me steady. Gritting my teeth in pain, I smelled the blood on the floor. It was something different than anything I had smelled. When I looked back up at Luke’s horrified expression, I knew what had happened. It had been Serming blood, and it was going to kill me slowly, even though I had gotten most of the blood out.

Standing up, I walked over and grasped Luke by the collar. “Who told you to do that?” I gasped, “Was it the King?”

“It was all me, Alex,” He managed to get out, “I thought it would—“

I growled, not playful like before, but a real, hostile growl. “You thought it would what? I’ve told you what happens, and since it was Serming blood—“I broke off in a gasp as my stomach churned, making me let go of him to grab my side.

“Oh god, Alex, I’m sorry,” Luke said in shock as he realized what was happening. I watched him open his mouth wide to call for the paramedics, but I grasped his hand tightly.

“Do you really think they are going to help me, Luke?” I gave a shaky laugh, “Without me, there’s no threat. Vampires are gone.”

I had expected him to tell me otherwise, like usual, but he just stared at me like an alien. Giving him a questioning look, he pointed to the corner of my eye. I looked at the ground at a piece of the glass from the wine glass, and saw that a small swirl was beginning to form around my eye. It was a dark blue and slowly was moving and growing more swirls attached to it. I looked back up at Luke, searching his eyes for answers, but he looked just as dumbfounded as I was.
Back to top Go down
http://sushai.deviantart.com
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

Mixed Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Blood   Mixed Blood I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 12:40 am

Oooooooooooooo...
That was really, really, really, really interesting! I loved the backstory, it was short yet very well thought out! It could just be a short story with how you ended it, I felt bonded to the character without even reading more chapters/stories with her in it. It was very well thought out!
I'm glad you're back, Harv. I missed you and your awesomeness. =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Harvey
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Harvey

Mixed Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Blood   Mixed Blood I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 4:28 pm

Haha thankies Becca! :D
Back to top Go down
http://sushai.deviantart.com
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

Mixed Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Blood   Mixed Blood I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:44 pm

Amazing Harvs. Like always. You've always had awesome stories.
WElcome back! We've all missed you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mixed Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Blood   Mixed Blood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mixed Blood
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPcentral Forum :: RPC Artist's Corner :: RPC Library-
Jump to: