RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

>I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! >

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

>I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! > Empty
PostSubject: >I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! >   >I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! > I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:04 am

Author's Note - This is not 'Twilight Fanfiction. I have made a couple illusions to it, but you don't have to worry about that. Please give it a try for now. It will have tons of action later, and mythical things... I think. xD Just read, there won't be much nasty romance. Someone will probably die... Yeah. That's it. xD

I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up
By: Becca

Preface

“Being with you, Is so dysfunctional. I really shouldn’t miss you, but I can’t let you go... Oh Yeah. La, La La, La La La, La La La, La La.” My headphones burst out, the base pounding in my ear from the previous nights shuffle playlist.
Blinking wearily, I turned off my IPod and groaned softly. It was the day my parent’s shipped me off to my Uncle’s house because they were going on some Circus Cruise, maybe it was carnival. I really didn’t give a flying fladoodle.
My Uncle was married to a woman he had met at College. My Aunt was eccentric, and ironically grew up in the same town as my Uncle and father. I was partial to her because she was married into the family, and truth be told, a total oddity.
They lived in a small town (It’s always the small towns) in Oregon. I didn’t understand the whole idea of wanting to live in a small town. Sure, when I grow up, I want to build a nice house, but somewhere where I can at least go to Panera Bread or a Starbucks for Pete’s Sake.
By the way, if you are reading this, then you are probably going to die, if I ever find out. This is my record of my travels it’s personal, and that means no touching. I’m only recording this in here, because I’m going to be with my relatives and cousin for the entire summer. I know, it majorly stinks but my parent’s decided they needed ‘Alone Time’ and ‘Without the Family’.
Oh, I’m Noël, Noël Young. I’m kind of plain, well, or so I think. My mom always says I’m pretty, but she’s supposed to say that, she’s my mother. Anyway, I have shoulder length dark brown hair; it’s kind of wavy and sticks out in odd angles, so I almost always have it in a ponytail.
My eyes, I’ve been told, are a really weird mix of green and grey, making them look dark with my hair combination. My style is really laid back in the clothes department, so I mostly own jeans and some tee-shirts or shirts that I can just throw on. I pretty much wear any shoes, other than heels because I tend to fall or get blisters in them.
The only thing that is consistent with my wardrobe is a necklace that my grandparent’s gave me a few Christmases ago. It’s a sterling silver star that hangs on a plain black cord. I wear it daily because my grandfather passed away a year ago, and he was the one who picked it out.
“Noël!” My mom shouted from downstairs, “Hurry up and get dressed Sweetie! We’ll drop you off at the airport so you can fly to Oregon!”
I rolled over and got ready quickly, running a brushed threw my hair, I threw it up in a pony-tail and grabbed my IPod and laptop. They were my babies. My suitcase was already packed, but I knew that I was going to have to do my own laundry if I wanted anything to be clean at all.
Glancing around my room for anything that I might have forgotten, I sighed to myself and blew it a small kiss. “Farewell life, I’ll see you in four months.” Carrying everything downstairs, my mother smiled at me, as my father turned to corner.
“Good!” He said grinning, “I’ve got just enough room for your suitcase!” He kissed me briefly on the cheek and then grabbed the bag. “I’ll see you two in the car, hurry!”
My mom rolled her eyes at me and we did one last check of the house before leaving. The airport wasn’t crowded as my parent’s and I said farewell. This was about the twentieth time I had been on an airplane. I never said that I never visited my Aunt and Uncle often.
They called for the plane over the intercom and I gave my parents each one last hug and kiss before rushing off with my laptop bag thumping on my hipbone. When I reached the right terminal, I went through security with a breeze and was one the plane soon enough. Time to fly, I thought idly as the plane’s seat belt light came on. It took off from the ground and I said good-bye to my city, and hello to Oregon.
-

Time was nothing to me as the plane flew. It was like it passed in an instant, and soon we were touching down, I was getting my beat up luggage and looking for my Uncle and Aunt.
They were waving frantically as they made their way towards me with my small cousin. My cousin was sometimes a nuisance, but still cute. She had red hair and was only six, but she thought she was as old as me (fourteen).
“Uncle Marcus! Aunt Francine!” I cooed, being as snarky as I could in the underlining of my words.
My cousin raced towards me and gave me a hug, “Noël! Guess what! I have a boyfriend!”
I chuckled as she let go and shook my head before ruffling her hair, “That’s not surprising, Hannah.”
She grinned up at me as we walked out of the airport. The crowds weren’t bad here either, but I wasn’t looking forward to the hour drive we had ahead of us to get to their house.
We all piled into the car, and my Aunt turned around and looked at me. “You won’t believe this, No!” That was her little ‘nick-name’ for me, “There are so many cute boys in our town! You are going to love it! It’s just like ‘Twilight’!”
I didn’t understand why my Aunt thought I was boy-crazy. I guess it came with the territory of being a teenager. I mind the novel ‘Twilight’ either, it was good in its own sense, but I much preferred others to its romance.
I just wearily nodded as she jabbered on about so guy that they had hired to clean their pool. My Uncle turned a deaf ear and a blind eye to the whole situation. I loved my family, don’t get me wrong, but sometimes you just have to hate them too.
The trip to their house was long to me, because of my Aunt’s babbling about beaches and boys, and my little sweet cousin talking about how her relationship ‘Just might not work’. It was lovely, (Note sarcasm).
As we pulled into their driveway, I made a mental note to thank the Lord that I had made it without telling anyone to shut up. As I grabbed my suitcase from the back of their car, I glanced up at the house.
Their house was one of the reasons I chose to stay with them sometimes. It was an old farm-house, with a loft that I stayed in. The outside was pretty and the back had a small porch that you could only access through the loft.
So basically, I loved them for their house. I know, it’s horrible, but I tried to get along with them as best as I could possibly because they were family. As I took my things inside, my Uncle helped me get my suitcase up into the loft and told me, “The drawers are empty, make yourself at home.” He smiled and hugged me tightly.
My Uncle was one of the family members that I absolutely adored. He was nice and stood up for me before he was married. Usually when things got heated at one of my grandparent’s house, like my parent’s were ragging on me for forgetting to put up a towel, he would step in.
I unpacked as quickly as I could and then trotted down the stairs to see if I could see what the beach was. Apparently, as my Aunt had babbled in the car about, it was a hot spot for locals and was really nice.
I found her in the kitchen, getting a glass of water for Hannah. “Hey, you mind if I head down to the beach, you said in the car it wasn’t far, right?” I clarified, glancing at her.
She twirled around and smiled at me, “Sure! Just take your cell phone and tell us what you’re up to periodically. Your parent’s would kill us if something happened to you.”
I nodded and then ran back upstairs to retrieve a towel to sit on and a book to read in the sun. As soon as I gathered my things, including my cell phone, I walked out of the door and into the sunshine. Even for the Olympic Peninsula, where it was mostly rainy, they had sunshine sometimes.
I preferred overcast days myself, something was comforting in the fact that the sun wanted to have a nice quiet day too. Walking down the road, I noticed that as many little houses dotted the town, there wasn’t much traffic.
My Aunt was right. The beach was only a five minute walk from their house. I worked my way to a nice spot where the sun shined, but wouldn’t blind me as I read. After laying my towel down, I surveyed the area, and noticed a few people swimming, a few people laying down on the beach, and even a few just talking amongst themselves.
I could pick out the locals, their skin was tanned, but not overly dark, and they all pretty much had black hair. Very ‘Twilight’-ish, I noted in my brain. Most of them were in bathing suits which showed the males very, uh… sculpted abdomens. Dang, I thought glancing at my book, My Aunt was right!
I chuckled to myself and picked it up. I had chose Cassandra Clare’s ‘The Mortal Instruments’ to read again. It was the first one, my favorite because there were a lot of twists and turns.
As I got sucked into the novel again, I read about the main character and found myself loving her again. Soon, I was in New York, like the book. Suddenly, a shadow fell across my light and I glanced up thinking that the clouds had finally come to ruin my sunshine.
I was wrong.
Looking down at me was a boy, looking to be about my age, maybe older. He had shaggy dark brown hair, and I think his eyes were brown too. “Hey, you must be the Young’s niece right? I’m Chris.”

Chapter One

I glanced up at Chris and raised an eyebrow. Not wanting to be rude, I offered a hand and replied, “I’m Noël and you’re right. I am the niece of Marcus and Francine Young.”
He chuckled lightly and smiled at me. As he shook my hand he stated, “It’s nice meeting you Noël. How long are you staying?”
I looked at him closely before replying, “How do you know my Uncle and Aunt?”
Chris laughed again and shrugged, “I cleaned their pool a few days ago.”
Ew, I thought wincing, My Aunt is seriously disturbed. “I’m actually staying for four months… My Parent’s decided to go on a cruise and shipped me here to stay with my family.”
“That’s cool. Mine wouldn’t do that, my dad owns a shop here, and my mom owns the grocery store.” He shrugged and chuckled again, making him seem really upbeat to me. “I guess that’s a small town life.”
I nodded at him and smiled lightly. Feeling a bit out of place, I started to say something, but Christ muttered, “Oh, Uh… I have to go somewhere. I’m sorry, it was nice meeting you!” And like that, he was off back towards his friends, while rubbing his temple.
Glancing after him for a moment, I gathered my book back up and checked the time on my phone. The numbers reflected back at me and I looked at the clock shocked, it was already 6:00.
Grabbing my things, I stood up quickly and grabbed the towel I had been sitting on. My Uncle was going to murder me for staying out this late. As I raced back towards their house, I saw Chris walking with some of his friends, before they disappeared into the forest.
Taking a quick look backwards at the beach, I could’ve sworn he was just standing there when I was leaving. Shaking my head, I entered the house swiftly, where I was met by a smirking Aunt and a glaring Uncle.
“Aw, come on!” I mumbled softly, “I lost track of the time.”
My Uncle kept his glare trained on my face, but it wasn’t as scary as my Mother’s or Father’s, obviously he hadn’t mastered the ‘death glare’ yet. Marcus crossed his arms across his chest and raised an eyebrow and questioned, “Where in the world have you been!”
I gaped openly at the couple in front of me. “What do you mean?” I answered hotly. “Didn’t she-“ I motioned to my Aunt, “tell you! She told me I could go to the beach!”
Francine looked innocently at my Uncle, “It must have slipped my mind, Darling.”
My hand curled at my side into a tight fist. “I’m going upstairs; you both can work this out by yourselves. Please excuse me for being late, but you can’t exactly do anything about that unless you have a time turner.”
I brushed past my relatives and jogged up the staircase, disappearing behind the small corner that led to the loft. Throwing my things on the bed, I stomped around the room and ran a hand through my hair, “That little…” I trailed off, thinking of the worst thing I could possibly call my Aunt. I briefly considered that the dog had run away, but there would’ve been an up-roar from my father’s side of the family.
This was bothering me way to much, and the clouds were rolling over the blue sky, completely blocking out the nice day. I turned back towards the door and then heard a chilling sound coming from the woods.
It could only be described as a howl mixed with a yowl from a cat. The sound chilled me to the bones and I shivered unexpectedly and went back inside to shut the doors. The sound kept repeating itself in my head as I walked downstairs.
My Uncle and Cousin were sitting in front of the TV, watching some Disney Princess movie, I think it was Ariel, but I wasn’t sure. Wondering into the kitchen, I saw my Aunt pull a pizza out of the oven and smile at me a bit menacingly.
“Good you’re out of the shower, No.”
I glanced at the pizza, like it would suddenly sprout arms and strangle me. Francine took the oven mitts off of her hands and then slammed them onto the table. Her eyes turned a dark burgundy, looking almost demonic as she hissed. “Do not mess with us, Noël Alyson Young. I can and will rip you to pieces and scatter you across the beach.”
The air caught in my throat and I shook slightly as her eyes returned to their normal color of blue. A smile was plastered on her face for a moment and Francine acting like nothing had just happened. “Oh! You’re out of the shower!” She repeated, “I made a quick pizza, sorry it’s not gourmet, but we’ll take you to the local diner tomorrow!”
I nodded meekly at her and stumbled backwards into the living room. It seemed eerily Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with my Aunt. Plus, Ariel singing something about spoons really wasn’t helping my whole creeped out mood.
Hannah leapt up from the couch and grabbed my hand. “Come on! We’re watching ‘The Little Mermaid’!”
I was briefly reminded of Hans Christian Anderson’s version of the story, in which Ariel had shark teeth and a whole lot of creepy and gross things happened. Shuttering, I tried to settle into the mindless Disney Movie.
When my Aunt Francine came out with the pizza and paper plates, I politely declined the offer to eat and focused a little bit too much on the story playing across the screen.
You know, Prince Eric was a real jerk. He just up and almost married the witch before trying to make sure it was the Real Ariel. I mean who does that? Whoa, I thought to myself, you are getting way to into this, Noël.
-
The night ended up being a entire Disney Princess marathon, we when through the entire series, ‘Aladdin’, ‘Cinderella’, ‘Beauty and the Beast’, and even ‘Thumbelina’.
Hannah ended up falling asleep through ‘Beauty and the Beast’, so I opted to take her into her bedroom, so I could escape the horrors of children’s movies. When I came back out, I told my Uncle I was going to bed and avoided my Aunt’s eyes, which I had a feeling were the creepy burgundy again.
When I got back upstairs, I locked the door and grabbed my computer. Hooking it up, I got it connected to the internet and then went straight to the Google homepage.
Typing in the search box, I glanced at the blinking cursor, slowly mocking me behind the word that I had typed. Not wanting to bring myself to clicking enter, I navigated away from the page, and tried to find something to distract me from the haunting image of my Aunt.
-
I guess I ended up falling asleep because I found myself in the middle of the woods. Everything was hazy in the dream; it almost seemed suffocating like it was too humid in my subconscious.
There was the sound again, the howl mixed with a cat’s yowl. I rushed towards the part of the woods where it led me. Stumbling into a clearing, I watched horrified as a mountain lion and wolf fought each other, slashing claws, snapping jaws.
To make it even worse, their images kept flickering back and forth, making it seem like Francine was killing every person in my family, with those
demonic eyes. Suddenly, the scene changed, and I was on the beach again, looking out over the crashing waves.
The tide was harsh and broke against the rocks on one side of the beach with brute force. Christopher appeared at the opposite side of the beach this time, his friends surrounding him.
They moved forward in a group, a mixture of girls and boys all bent on going one direction, straight towards me. At least, it seemed that way, until the group brushed past me like I wasn’t even there.
Whirling around, I stumbled backwards, and my heart beat rapidly as I saw that my Aunt, along with a few other people that had the same eerie burgundy eyes as here were standing almost directly behind me.
The dream blurred and eyes stared at me as I woke up with a gasp. The eyes disappeared as soon as I registered the sun coming through the curtains. There was a knock on the loft door and I rolled over in bed and moved my laptop that I had fallen asleep with to the bedside table.
There was another knock, and I grumbled and rolled out of bed to stumble towards the door. Upon opening, I saw Hannah staring at me with her wide doe eyes, “Are you awake, Aly?”
Okay, my sleep deprived brain processed; she only uses that name when she wants something. I managed to make myself say something along the lines of, “Yes I’m up, do you need something, Hannah?”
Hannah nodded, “I want to go to the Beach… Mommy and Daddy said I could if you would come with me… My friends are going to be there… Pwease?”
I cleared my throat and rubbed my eyes, “Uh, yeah, I’ll take you down there. Why can’t your parent’s take you, out of curiosity?” I asked.
She shrugged, “Mommy wanted to go shopping in the city, and Daddy wanted to go with her. You’re my baby-sitter!”
I mentally groaned and rubbed my forehead, “Go get your bathing suit on and whatever you want to bring with you to the Beach.” Hannah turned to run off but I caught her arm and chuckled, “Two toys only, any more and you’re going to loose one.”
She pouted and sulked back down the stairs. I heard her briefly chatter to someone about me saying yes to the ‘suggestion’ and then she ran down the side hallway to her room.
I threw on my bathing suit, and then slid on some shorts and a tee shirt over top of it. Knowing that I couldn’t let her go into the water by herself, I grabbed two towels and made sure I had anything I could possibly need for any scenario.
Slipping on some flip-flops, I trotted down the stairs to find a note from my Aunt, saying that they were going to the city to shop for some summer clothes and they would be back.
Sighing, I rubbed my forehead and brushed my hair into a ponytail. Hannah came running around the corner with a sundress haphazardly thrown over-top of her little bathing suit.
She grinned at me and I glanced at her, making sure everything was in order before leading her out of the house and locking up with a key that my parent’s had given me just in case.
Hannah was practically leaping with joy as we made the small walk down to the beach. She jabbered on about one of her friends named Georgia and about how she looked really cute in some outfit the last time Hannah had seen her.
As we finally made it to the beach, there were people dotting it in small groups, and I instantly saw about five six year olds talking and giggling about something. Hannah threw up her hand and waved frantically while she dragged me over to the group.
She introduced me and I nodded at them before telling her that I would be over by a rock that I had been at yesterday. As I walked over, I glanced at her, seamlessly fitting into the girls and talking along with them.
As I sat down my bag, my back to the beach, someone tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around to see Chris smiling at me. “Hey, nice to see you again, Noël.”
I nodded and then noticed the same group of people that had been in my dream, standing a bit away, studying Chris’ back and me. They turned almost automatically when I noticed them.
“Is that your cousin?” He asked, motioning to Hannah, who was still talking with the others.
I nodded again and then replied, “Yeah, Hannah.”
He grinned, as if he already knew that but was just trying to find conversation. “One of the girls over with her is one of my friend’s younger sisters, Georgia.” Chris seemed to grin wider as he turned and called, “Why don’t you come meet my friends… Aly.”
I gaped after him, and then followed, wondering how in the world he knew my middle name.

Last edited by Misery Business (Becca) on Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:36 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: >I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! >   >I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! > I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:05 am

Reserved for Chapters!
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: >I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! >   >I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! > I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:05 am

Reserved for Chapters Also!
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: >I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! >   >I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! > I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:35 pm

I don't know, if anyone has read this yet, but I added a new chapter, that might be a bit more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: >I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! >   >I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! > I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 1:28 pm

You got the Oregon weather right on the dot.

I really enjoyed this first part!
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: >I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! >   >I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! > I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:45 pm

-Bows and hugs cramping hand to herself- Thank you, thank you...
I was beginning to think no one was going to read it... -Cough-

THAT MEANS ALL OF YOU OUT THERE WHO CLICKS THE THREAD BUT DOESN'T READ, READ IT! Gosh, it will only take like five seconds to skim it, the title stinks but that doesn't mean the story does. xD
That is all.
Back to top Go down
Songbird
RP Beginner
RP Beginner
Songbird

PostSubject: Re: >I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! >   >I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! > I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:17 am

Very nice and lovely!
Is it just going to be a short story or a whole novel?
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: >I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! >   >I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! > I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:24 pm

Definitly just a short story for on here, but I do have a couple novels in the work. =D
Thank you! I'm going to write the second chapter some time this week, though it might be slow going because I'm having some family issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: >I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! >   >I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! > I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

>I Definitely DO NOT Hook Up < A Story by Becca > NEW CHAPTER ! >
Page 1 of 1