RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Rebecca
The Admins

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:45 pm

"Well I know that much," I muttered chuckling and grinning at him. "It'll be in some old run-down place that isn't open anymore." I replied, thinking about how I pictured the entrance to the Underworld. Some creepy building that was old and run-down, with a minorly caved in ceiling. It would probably have some majorly dramtic entrance that showed dead souls the way into Hades' realm. I glanced at Blake and then sighed, "But, what if it is? Fay said, the Tree Dryad-" I clarified, remembering Blake hadn't grown up with her, "She said that Hades was all for being ironic, and I picture the entrance to the Underworld a not so happy place. So what if it's underneith some Chuckie-Cheese's or something?" I thought of all the happy children jumping up and down in ball pits and shuttered, "Well maybe that isn't such a happy place."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Jay
They're over 9000!

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:13 pm

I laughed. "Are you serious? Chuckie-Cheeses has all those clown things. That's more terrifying then a known haunted house or mansion." I said sarcastically as I readjusted myself so I wasn't sinking into the overly soft bed. "But then again, maybe the entrance is in one of the most obvious places because, nobody would think to look their." I said, shrugging. I felt almost over-whelmed with finding the entrance to the Land of the Dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca
The Admins

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:17 pm

I laughed and grinned at him, "You're right, clowns are creepy." I stood up and brushed my hair back, "Alright, we should start looking, and stop conversing about it. Or we'll never find it." I sighed and then smirked in his direction, "Maybe we should die first, you know, then we'd get the 'full effect'." I pretended to shove an invisible sword into my chest and then fake choked myself. "See, completely plausible, then we would just have to figure out how to come back to life."
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:15 am

"I'd rather stay alive and search the hard way for the underworld." I said in a light chuckle. "Come on. We're not going to find it here." I said walking over to the door and opening it. "Ladies first." I said, acting like a doorman. "Good weather we're having Lady Lilliana." I said, smirking at her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca
The Admins

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:44 pm

I chuckled and curtsied as I walked out of the door, "Lady, I like that. It's makes me so so much more important." I glanced down the hallway and then looked at the elevator button. Stabbing it with my entire hand, I muttered, "We should press every button inside, I've always wanted to do that." As the doors shut, I leaned against the walls and glanced at the elevator, it was a fancy-smancy as every other thing in the hotel. Marble flooring, shiny buttons, Okay, maybe I was was weird for noticing the buttons were shiny, but I liked to pay attention to details. That's when I noticed that there was still Ancient Greek in places, but I ignored it. It didn't mean anything, why would it? We'd already been showed with gifts from the gods, it was like they wanted us to suceed... Now watch us fail and get kidnapped by Hades or something.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:50 pm

"Yeah, don't get used to it." I said referring to her response at my mockery of a doorman. I pressed the 'Lobby' button and we shot down the elevator shaft in an over sized, expensive, metal carriage. The ding of the bell sounded and the sliding doors opened. I followed Lilliana out of the elevator into the extravagant lobby. Large chandeliers hung my the ceiling, a quick count revealed that there was twelve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca
The Admins

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:02 pm

I chuckled as I walked out into the lobby. It was kind of strange how the Hotel resembled what I expected Mount Olympus to look like. The Marble, the extravigant things. Chandeliers. I noticed Blake looking up at them, and focusing like he was thinking about something. I nudged him and muttered, "Focus, Blake. What are you even looking at? I know they're sparkly and shiny, and teenage boys love things like that, but we need to focus on death here... More importantly the Underworld." I hissed glancing around the Lobby, expecting some crazy band of monsters to attack us with diamond studded canes.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:30 pm

"You're right. We do." I said sarcastically, heading towards the large turn-stile type doors. I went pushed through, and exited out onto the congested streets. A waited for a few moments until Lilliana came through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca
The Admins

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:55 pm

"You didn't answer my question." I replied, giving him a glance from the side as I debated whether or not we should walk or get a cab. It was probably better to walk so we could pay more attention to any signs that we were near the entrance to Hades. I sighed and started towards the source of noise in the Texan Town. Turning towards Blake, I waited for a response and thought about how we would even get into the Underworld. We weren't dead, so we would have to get past the guards and Ceberus, the three headed dog guarding the entrance. Once in, we would have to get to his palace without someone catching us, and then get Blake's mother out of there without dying. This was going to be so pleasant.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:40 pm

"Oh. Yeah. I was just looking at the 'sparkly' chandeliers, there were twelve, just Mount Olympus." I said as a Mother with a screaming child passed by us, dragging the blood-curdling creature by her hand. "Oh how I hate little kids." I muttered under my breath after she pushed by.

(Sorry about my short posts. I'm really at a loss for words.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca
The Admins

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:50 pm

"Twelve?" I replied surprised, and then chuckled at Blake's mutter about hating children. "Don't you think that's kind of odd? Twelve Chandeliers... The Marble, and the Ancient Greek?" I kept walking, everything was getting to strange, but I guess the life of a demi-god was just that weird. I stumbled slightly, not paying attention to the fact that the sidewalk was rough and cracked in some places. I remembered the old rhyme 'Don't step on a crack, our you'll break your mother's back' and grinned mischieviously. I guess I just broke her back... Multiple times. On some strange level, I felt evil for doing that... Until I stumbled again and almost did a face-plant.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:25 pm

I laughed as Lilliana stumbled as she danced around trying to step on all the cracks. "It is, but like Chiron explained; the gods are the heart of the Western Civilization. That means that they're bound to pop up nearly everywhere." I said, helping her gain her balance from a perfect face plant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca
The Admins

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:32 pm

"Right," I muttered in reply and then groaned, "I forgot something in the room, Can we go back and get it Blake? It's something important..." I trailed off lamely, not wanting to admit that it was just a little necklace that had a sun on it, that I had forgotten to slip on before we left. It was my good luck charm, pretty much anyone that I knew had one. I turned and grabbed Blake's arm before pulling him back towards the Hotel with me. The necklace was one that I had as a baby, and it had grown up, literally with me. The necklace always seemed to stay the exact length I needed it to be, probably a gift from my father when I was born. Now that I thought about it. We soon arrived back at the hotel and I opened the door and walked in, headed towards the elevators almost instantly.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:05 pm

Once Lilliana had pushed the 'Up' button, I quickly explained to her that I was going to try to figure out what the Ancient Greek said. In all truthfulness I thought there was something to all of the Greek. She nodded and headed up to our room. I walked over to the statue that I realized had the Greek around the base. I knelt down and examined the odd letters. I thought about it for a few moments and then remembered that a lot of ancient Greek was written from right to left. I quickly scanned the chiseled phrase that I had seen everywhere. I hesitated and slowly recognized it;
'Κάτω από την πολυτέλεια, ο θάνατος περιμένει.
Όπου ευτυχία, ουδέτερη και άνθιση τιμωρίας.'

Or as I translated it;
Under the luxury, death waits.
Where happiness, neutral and punishment bloom.

Little did I know at that moment I had nearly found the entrance to the Underworld.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca
The Admins

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:12 pm

I went and found the necklace, in my bag luckily. Closing the clasp around my neck, I pulled my hair out from the strand and then redid the pony-tail so it was higher up on my head and easier to move around in. I exited the room and saw Blake kneeling beside a statue. Kneeling down beside him, I muttered, "Is that the same Greek as everywhere else?" Glancing at it, I still couldn't make out the translation, maybe my mind really was effected by something, probably the overdose of 'godly' foods. But man, did Ambrosia taste good.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:46 pm

I looked over at her, "Yeah. And I figured out what it said." I said standing up and then re-reading the phrase that sounded pretty prophetic. "It sounds like something your father's oracle would say." I said, looking back down at the inscription.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca
The Admins

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:54 pm

"The dead thing that sits on the bar stood in the Attic at the Big House?" I answered, thinking back to the old myths. I thought about the Greek Translation, "It sounds like a prophecy of sorts... It sounds like the Hotel, if 'until the luxury, death awaits' maybe there is something to that..." I muttered glancing at him. Thinking about the other line, something went off in my head. "It's talking about fields... Where are fields in Texas?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:06 am

I stared at her as if she was he best thing that could of happened on this trip. She had just made finding the Underworld a whole lot easier. "First we're in a hotel. And we're in the most luxurious room in here. Next, the Underworld has areas for the Happy, The Neutral, and The Punished." I said rapidly as if we had no time to spare. "I think the Underworld is here, Lilliana!" I said in an excited exclamation. A few people looked at me weirdly bu kept going on their way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca
The Admins

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:11 am

"What...???" Was my uber intelligent response to that. "You think the Underworld, where the Lord of the Dead resides is underneath this hotel?" I glanced around us and then shook my head, "Did that Mountain Dew have something in it, Blake? That doesn't make any sense..." But as I trailed off, I remembered the stories, Fields of Punishment, Fields of Asphodel, and Elysium. Looking at him with wide eyes, I felt my jaw drop down into an 'O' position. "Holy son of Zeus. You're right!" As I stood up, scrambling, "But where? It said underneath, but where is that exactly?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:24 am

"You see?" I asked, grinning. The road block that had prevented us from going any farther on our quest. I quickly jogged over to the desk, and asked the desk manager; "Does this mansion of a hotel happen to have any basement or lower level?!" I asked urgently, the guy looked surprised and nodded. "Yeah, it does but, you aren't authorized to go down there." He said in a deep voice that you would expect from a WWE wrestler. I thanked him and headed back to Lilliana with a smirk on my face. "Are you ready to break into the Underworld?" I said twirling a pair of keys in my hand, I had managed to slip them off of Mr. Wrestler's desk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca
The Admins

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:29 am

I glanced at him and then nodded, "As ready as I'll ever be..." I trailed off and then watched as he dangled the keys in front of my face, "What are you? A son of Hermes too?" I chuckled nervously, the fact that we were about to go somewhere where not many people have gone in alive and come back out alive scared the living daylights out of me. I couldn't even think of anyone, other than Achilies, who bathed in the River Styx so he could be invincible, yeah, that worked out real well. As I pushed Blake's hand down, not wanting to show the entire floor that we had just snatched the keys to, well, the Underworld, I sighed and muttered, "Let's just get this over with, I really am not looking forward to this."
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:39 am

I chuckled. "You know you don't have to go...?" I said, this wasn't her mother and yet she was risking her life for me. I knew she was still going to persist on coming though. I slipped the keys in my pocket and waited for her reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca
The Admins

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:53 am

I snorted and looked Blake dead in the eye, get it, dead? Sometimes I crack myself up, and stated, "I'm coming down there with you. There is no way I'm even going to think about letting you go down there alone. You could very well not come out alive, and well... I'd rather that I didn't come out alive with you." I glanced around the lobby and then sighed, "So, since you are so obviously the smart one here, Mr. Thunder, where is the door leading to the Underworld that we need to unlock?" I gave him a small smirk from the side, making sure no one was paying attention to us. Two teens, there are a lot of things that teens were, and one of them was the fact that most of the time, someone somewhere thought we were doing something we weren't supposed to. Truthfully, they might've been right fifty percent of the time, but the other fifty we were perfect little angels.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:17 am

I shrugged. "Your loss." I said, looking around for any type of door that might lead us to the basement. I had to scan the room three times before finally spotting the pale white door engraved with the 'Phrase of Death' (as I was now calling it.) The door's over towards the check-in desk. I groaned in a disappointed tone, we were bound to be seen by someone if we unlocked it. "We need to wait until tonight to get in there." I said, looking over at the group of people dressed in the typical attire of a 'hotel worker'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca
The Admins

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:30 pm

I followed Blake and then glanced around with him. Sighing, I nodded but then a thought crossed my mind, "What about the Mist?" I hissed slightly, making sure our conversation couldn't be overheard, "Can you manipulate it? I heard something from Karlie, my cabin leader, that there is a way to make sure mortals can't see you, a way to make it act on your commands." The hotel workers were eyeing the pair of us curiously, and I glared at them, one of them flinched backwards, but the others seemed unfazed. "Besides, if we stay here to long, we're going to probably get a visit from some m-o-n-s-t-e-r-s." I spelled it out, to make my point heard, "We need to get into the Underworld as soon as Possible, Blake... Who knows if Hades has set some sort of time limit for us!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~   

Back to top Go down

~ An Unlikely Pair ~ A PRP for Jake and Becca ~
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next