RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~ Empty
PostSubject: ~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~   ~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~ I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:45 pm

AUTHOR'S NOTE ~

Okay, I apologize for the shortness of the chapters. xD
Anyways, I had this idea last night, when my Mom gave me the DVD of 'Adventures in Babysitting' and I was thinking about my PRP with Vixen.
ENJOY. OR I FIND YOU. Jk.. Maybe. xD

- Branch

Chapter 1

Okay, so if your sister and you get hungry, you know where all the food is, and-” Mom was going over again, acting as if I hadn’t ever babysat my sister before. I had practically been doing it since I was five. Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating, but still!
“I know, I know.” I interjecting, trying not to role my eyes. “Mom, Dad, honestly, we’ll be FINE.” I insisted, and started walking my parents toward the door. Dad was trying to tell me about some phone number on the fridge, probably the number to the hotel they were staying at for the week. I just nodded, and literally shoved them out the door.
I watched them get in the taxi, and as soon as they were out of sight, raced inside and locked the door. I plopped down on the couch, flicking on the TV. Madelyn, my little sister, was in her bedroom on the computer.
Oh, where are my manners? My name is Kayran Jones, currently age fifteen, and old enough to stay home alone, watching my little sister. And I’m probably the biggest freak you’ll ever meet. I read this book series called Warrior Cats, and it’s about these cats that live in this forest and have all these proble- You see what I mean? Anyways, I also role play. In fact, I have this really cool character on my favorite website, Role Play Central, named Annabelle Marie Jones. Okay, so maybe she’s not as cool as I’d like to think, but she’s a secret agent, and the role play she’s in is a private role play between me and my best friend, Lauren.
I yawned, flicking through the channels. Boring, boring.. BOR-ING. I sighed, turning it off. I kicked off my socks, which fell to the floor. I settled down onto the couch, completely expecting my week to go smoothly and boring.
Of course, I was going to end up completely, dead, wrong.
Suddenly, I heard the doorbell chim. I rolled my eyes, it was probably one of my little sister irritating friends. What I had no idea was that it was NOT, and that answering this door would completely alter my life.

Chapter 2

I opened the door, prepared to tell her little friends that she could not play, simply because I didn’t want to keep track of them. They literally ran all over the neighborhood, and I usually got in trouble when we couldn’t find them and we were running late to this or that.
When I opened the door though, I was confused to find neither Madelyn’s friends, nor anybody I knew. The person at the door was a girl, about my age, and she had light brown, with lighter, almost blonde looking highlights that reached to about the middle of her back. She had her arms crossed, and she looked very official. I looked past her, and saw a car idling in my driveway.
“Annabelle Marie Jones?” Her tone was flat, and vaguely familiar to me in a way I couldn’t figure out. Something stirred in the back of my mind, I felt like I knew her, or maybe I’d met her somewhere before.
I was stricken. Annabelle Marie Jones? She wasn’t even a real person, sure I’d used the name to freak people out with notes in class, but other then that, nobody even knew who she was. Well, that was a lie, pretty much everybody on the website, Rpc, knew that my charries name was that. But that was the thing, she was just a character from my imagination.
“Uhmm..” I was choking. “No, my name is Kayran. Who might YOU be?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at her, and the car behind her on my driveway. I smelled the gasoline from here, it was revolting.
Her eye’s suddenly widened, and she was talking to herself. “She doesn’t know? She has to know, how could she have not figured it out by now?” She looked deep in thought, and suddenly she shook her head, and stuck out her hand to shake with mine.
“You know me, my name’s Lauren, or I guess you know her as Lauren Glenn.” The girl- I mean, Lauren, still wasn’t smiling, but looked slightly amused.
I felt my mouth fall open. “Hey, wait, you’re joking.” I accused. “You can’t be.. But.. Lauren Glenn is just a character!”
Lauren shook her head, her eyebrows furrowing. “You must’ve realized it by now, it’s your fault, anyways. Well, both of our faults, I guess.” She mused. “Anyways, my name is Lauren, from Rpc?”
I was in shock, but managed to nod without making an idiot out of myself. “Yes, and I’m Branch from Rpc, or Kayran, I guess.” I was still confused. “But.. But what do you mean, I haven’t figured it out? And why in the heck did you ask for Anna?”
“Because,” Lauren said, her voice slightly urgent now. “You are Anna. Everything we wrote about, everything we made up, it’s real. Not necessarily what happens in the role plays, but we’ve figured out that most of it does.”
I was frozen in place, blinking. “Oh holy snapples.” I muttered under my breath, and then raised an eyebrow. “But wait- You said ‘we’, nobody would believe you, so who do you mean?”
Lauren shook her head dismissively. “Grant, obviously.” Her gaze went back to the car, and she sighed. “I’m afraid we have to leave, and now, A- Kayran.” She shook her head apologetically.
“B-but.. I’m babysitting my sister, I can’t just LEAVE HER by herself, she’s only like ten.” I explained, eyes wide. That was the truth, but not the only reason I wanted to stay. What if this Lauren girl was insane? She could be making this all up.. Why did I have to believe it?
Lauren shook her head. “Don’t worry, we’ve already fixed that. She’s asleep in her room, and will remain asleep until we come back and this is all sorted out.”
“Uhmm.. What if I don’t want to go?” I said hesitantly, not meeting her eyes.
Lauren scoffed, and grabbed my arm. “Well, it’s too bad, ‘cause you’re coming and NOW.”

Chapter 3

Lauren had successfully dragged me to the car, boy, was she strong! I was struggling of course, still completely convinced she was insane, until I saw him. Grant, that person that Lauren had based off of somebody else, figments of our imaginations.
He was literally exactly how I imagined. He was tall, and fairly skinny. He was slightly taller then Lauren and I, and had dirty blonde hair that hung in front of his eyes slightly. And his eyes, they were a pale blue, like Lauren had described them.
I felt my mouth open, gaping at him. This was insane, this wasn’t real. This crazy girl had found somebody to be a look-alike to Grant, this was not him. But I couldn’t help thinking about how I visualized him in my mind, he was tweaked slightly, but it was him, I couldn’t deny.
Lauren finally let her iron grip go, grinning. She crossed her eyes triumphantly. “Ha, I told you so Anna.” I noticed she didn’t correct herself, and that Grant was grinning too. Wait.. Wait.. What?
I looked down suddenly, almost afraid. I wasn’t wearing my normal shirt, this was not the shirt I had put on this morning. It was a light green, short sleeved shirt laired with a pale yellow long sleeved shirt, which was underneath. I was wearing brown converse, and the dark blue jeans. It was just how I had pictured her, just how I had pictured Anna. I had longer hair too, same color and same wild tangle of curls, but it reached the middle of my back now. My eyes were wide with confusion and fright.
Lauren shook her head. “I told you, I told you, I told you so! Now c’mon, let’s get this show on the road.” Lauren climbed into the passengers seat, while I hopped in back, uncertain still.
Grant was in the drivers seat, and as he turned the key in the ignition, I was confused. Grant, Lauren, and Anna were all sixteen in the role play, but if we changed into them, we still stayed at the same age.
“Wait, Grant, aren’t you still fifteen?” I asked.
“He has the learner’s permit,” Lauren explained.
“But doesn’t that still mean we need an adult in the car?” I replied.
Grant turned around as he was backing out of my driveway, his pale blue eyes on the both of us.
“Do you know any sane adult that would believe us, Anna?”

Last edited by Elf Branchie on Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: ~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~   ~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~ I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:02 pm

I LUFF IT DUDE.
Back to top Go down
Jєt
One Special Member!
Jєt

PostSubject: Re: ~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~   ~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~ I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:56 am

Awesome! That totally sounds like me. "And here's the number for the poison control... and don't forget to call..."
"Yeah, yeah. I got it."
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: ~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~   ~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~ I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:13 am

Sounds like my parents leaving me home alone. :/

But anyway, great story! I can't wait to find out who's at the door...something mysterious I bet!
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~   ~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~ I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:05 pm

Oh,wow, people are actually reading this? xDD I'll get the next chapter up super soon.
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: ~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~   ~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~ I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:37 pm

UPDATED! =D
Back to top Go down
indigo-wild
RP Fanatic
RP Fanatic
indigo-wild

PostSubject: Re: ~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~   ~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~ I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:55 pm

it rocketh!
Back to top Go down
http://rpwithiri.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~   ~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~ Other Side ~ By: Branch ~ Chapter 3 UP ~
Page 1 of 1