RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Favorite Movies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

Your Favorite Movies Empty
PostSubject: Your Favorite Movies   Your Favorite Movies I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 7:31 pm

Simple question. What are your favorite movies?

I like the nerdy movies--Dark Knight, X-Men, X-Men 2, X-Men 3: The Last Stand, and of course, if you know me you'll assume I like this one--X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

ALSO, post your own movie reviews if you want, or just quick thoughts about movies. But don't be hurtful or snappy about movies people like or I'll steal your soul. Again.

This thing is the "form" for a series of movies you like. You can substitute "Star Wars" or something for "X-Men". :3

WHY I LIKE THE X-MEN MOVIES:
Wolverine.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THEM THE MOST:
Wolverine.

MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IN THE X-MEN MOVIES:
Wolverine.

WHAT I THINK OF THE MUSIC IN ONE OF THE MOVIES:
X-Men Origins: Wolverine has the most epic music I've ever heard. =D

WHAT I THINK OF THE ACTING IN THE MOVIES:
Phenomenal.

WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE REVIEWERS OF THE MOVIES:
They're poopoos. I wasn't disappointed at all.

WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE TWISTS AND TURNS OF ONE OF THE MOVIES:
I love how they made a few twists to Wolverine's past in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, like making Logan (Wolvie) and Victor (his arch enemy Sabertooth) half brothers. I also thought the casting was very good. Although having Liev Schreiber as Victor was a little weird. The surprise in Wolverine *spoilers* is that his girlfriend wasn't really dead, but had been blackmailed into tricking Logan because her sister was kidnapped. When he found out, Logan was upset that the woman he'd spent his time grieving over and fighting for hadn't truly loved him. Then Stryker shot him in the head with adamantium (same fictional metal his bones were bonded with) bullets, and he lost his memory. D: POOR WOLVIE! (actually, what he didn't know was that Kayla was genuinely in love with him)

WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE SUPPORTING CHARACTERS IN ONE OF THE MOVIES:
We could've seen more Kayla before she "died", but other than that they were okay. It had Colonel Stryker, who we saw in the X-Men movies as an older dude. It made me sad when Wolverine's former teammate, sharpshooter Agent Zero killed the elderly couple that took him in when he escaped.

STAR REVIEW OF YOUR FAVORITE ONE OF THE MOVIES:
5 stars, for me. It was truly epic and the opening credits were amazing, showing Logan and Victor fighting through all the wars--Civil, WW I, WW II, and Vietnam.

COOL THINGS IN ONE OF THE MOVIES:
In the opening credits, as they go in the wars, Logan sees Victor becoming more and more sadistic, brutally shooting civilians. In a helicopter ride, Victor is seen with a merciless toothy grin as he guns down a village from the skies. Wolverine is tugging at him, yelling, "That's enough, Victor! Enough!" But towards the end of the opening credits where Victor goes haywire and turns on his own unit, it shows how naive poor Logan really is, trying to see good in his half brother as he pushes other soldiers away from Victor and defending him as they are circled. The next scene shows Victor and Logan tied to stakes, with an executionary (yeah I made that word up suckers) firing squad aiming at them. "Ready--aim--!" the warden calls, and Victor turns to Logan. By now they're already aware they are practically immortal, and he says, "Wake me when it's over." "FIRE!!" and then it says, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" in the cool lettering. :3 Overall, the opening credits were pwnsome. If you could somehow find a video that shows the opening credits, maybe you could post it to us all so we can revel in the epicness.

[/long glorious review of x-men origins: wolverine]

SO. What are your favorite movies? XD
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movies   Your Favorite Movies I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:52 pm

I absolutely LOVE Star Wars. I also like...The Princess Bride ((not as girly as it sounds)), and Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

WHY I LIKE THE STAR WARS MOVIES:
Because they're awesome.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THEM THE MOST:
The lightsaber fights.

MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS IN THE STAR WARS MOVIES:
Qui-gon Jinn, Obi-wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, Yoda, and Anakin before he turns evil.

WHAT I THINK OF THE MUSIC IN ONE OF THE MOVIES:
They all have the same music, but anyway, I love the music. It really is just as epic as the rest of the movies.

WHAT I THINK OF THE ACTING IN THE MOVIES:
Awesome. *.*

WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE REVIEWERS OF THE MOVIES:
I don't even remember the review for Revenge of the Sith, or the newer Clone Wars movie, so I can't really say. :P

WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE TWISTS AND TURNS OF ONE OF THE MOVIES:
The plot twists were pretty predictable in the newer trilogy, since you already know basically what's going to happen, but the old ones were cool, and it must have been shocking to find out Vader was Luke's father if you didn't already know.
Qui-gon dying was really surprising to me, in The Phantom Menace, and sad even now. :(

WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE SUPPORTING CHARACTERS IN ONE OF THE MOVIES:
Like Jar Jar? He's awesome. Shmi Skywalker? Also pretty cool even though she was only in like, twenty minutes of the whole series. C-3PO and R2-D2? Best, droids, ever. xD
I lurv them so much.

STAR REVIEW OF YOUR FAVORITE ONE OF THE MOVIES:
5 stars for Episode 1, even though Qui-gon dies. :[ It's the real beginning of the story, even though it was made way after, so how can you not love it?

COOL THINGS IN ONE OF THE MOVIES:
I love in Revenge of the Sith when Anakin turns evil, and he has yellow eyes in one part.
He just like, turns around to face the camara and he has these epic amber eyes, and he has this determined stare. I was like, seven when I saw it before and just thought it was cool, but now that I'm fifteen....it's even cooler. Plus he's really cute. Just saying.
Even though most of that movie makes me sad because it's not only the last made live-action Star Wars movie, but Anakin turns evil, and Padme' dies.

This is random, but remember what I said about Qui-gon being my favorite? Well, my friend and I are writing a fanfic about his secret twin daughters: Zayin and Anikra. They're padawans and find out later who their parents are. ((If you aren't as huge a Star Wars fan as my best friends and I, you don't know that Qui-gon loved this other Jedi named Tahl...somthing. I don't know her last name, who he married secretly. But yeah. She's supposed to die, but I came up with the idea that she faked her own death because she was pregnant and wanted to raise her children somewhere far away from the inevitable judgement of the other Jedi.[/babble]))
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movies   Your Favorite Movies I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:58 pm

Kewl! X3
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movies   Your Favorite Movies I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:59 pm

BTW OBI-WAN-KENOBI IS EPIC
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movies   Your Favorite Movies I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:09 pm

Oh yeah. xD But not as epic as Qui-gon. *nods* :]
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Location : Dear Gravity, you've held me down in this starless city.

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movies   Your Favorite Movies I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:23 pm

I really like "Definately, Maybe." It's sorta cheesy to some people, but I could watch it over and over again.

And of course, Marley And Me, which is actually pretty close to the book. Just some parts are off, but unless you've read it, you wont notice.

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

And a lot of Animal-nonhuman based disney movies, The Lion King, Toy Story, Bambi, ect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movies   Your Favorite Movies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Movies
Page 1 of 1