RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My little Rant, Read it and weep.

Go down 
+2
Peachfrost
Becca!
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Becca!
One Special Member!

My little Rant, Read it and weep. Empty
PostSubject: My little Rant, Read it and weep.   My little Rant, Read it and weep. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 6:15 pm

Hello, yeah I said I was leaving, or taking 'a little break' as I called it before. My reason was for school but there was something else that has recently come to my attention.

I was snooping through old threads and posts, and what not and I stumble apone a thread [That shall not be named.], with some [*Ahem*] interesting things on it. The is my personal opion but I think RPC needs an extreme makeover RP edition. The RPs are getting bad, unkempt, and apparantly innapropriate. I know it is not my job to tell the Moderators what to do, and the Adminastrator either. I respect them as much as I respect all the members on RPC, Yes I might get mad about something once in a while and blow my top, but when it comes down to it, I think of you all as my friends. I am just hoping after my 'break' I come back to maybe all old nonactive threads deleted, maybe all the Moderators and Adminstrators get on once in a while, approve threads; and other what not. I am NOT saying that Winter, Gingeh, or Stormie are doing a bad job; not at all. I just think it's time for some change, since Stormie doesn't get on often anymore, Gingeh sometimes, and Winters on the most I think the Moderators right now [Winter, Gingeh] should be promoted, to Admins. Then we could get some others that get on often and RP alot to be the next Moderators. It would be better because then we could have sort of a 'Spring cleaning' and start fresh, like the year.

Okay, First I want to Adress profanity of all kinds. First, in a new RP's rule's there is usually a little bit about 'No cussing, don't do anything wrong' BLAH BLAH BLAH. I think we need to enforce that further, I admit I have been getting a little slackish when it comes to making sure my posts are clean and I know that everyone on here is basically here because WI has ALOT of rules. Some aren't bad though, and I think we should enforce them here too, Like the profanity, Cussing and things. I think we should get three warnings if we cuss; and I'm talking about like the actually words/abbrivations for them. We should have a repoort button under the post and be able to press it and DING, we have reported someone, BUT ONLY FOR BAD POSTS!

The next thing is, Relationships, Yes I know WI only allows crushes and junk, but I think we should be a little less slackish on that part and let people on RPs date and things, BUT NOTHING OVER THE TOP. Example:

Lilliana embraced Jacob in a tight hug and ruffled his hair, "Thanks, I love you too." FINE

Lilliana embraced Jacob in a tight hug and kissed him passionatly her tounge finding a way in his mouth. GROSS.

I admit I have posted like that before, and then actually felt quiesy after I did. You want to know why? BECAUSE FRANKLY THAT'S DISGUSTING. I'm sorry for the caps, but I felt it was nessisary. I know we might go alittle to far sometimes and no one on here is actually going TOO far, but still sometimes, it can get a little too intamite (sp?). I think we should allow kisisng, but not making out for thirty something posts and junk. It gets gross and might go to far in the end. Agian, These are just ideas and PM me if you think I should have a piece of your mind, 'cause I'll gladly take it.

Lastly, I just want the DRAMA to end. It's so, BLECK. I'm sick and tired of 'EVERYONE HATES ME!' or 'I'M LEAVING'. Yes, I understand if its for a good reason and I'm sure everyone will miss you, but no one hates you on here. I realize we all have off days and it feels like that but in the end someone's feelings are going to get hurt. I think this has run-down everyone, including poor Winter. She's been here for it all explaining things like 'No one hates you', 'I'm sorry you have to go', ect. and ect. We need to realize that no one hates you on here, no one could ever hate any of us on a computer, I MEAN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE PERSON! Come on, people. Do you really have to go around saying things like that for attention. Please, Please, please, stop it! It's getting old and annoying, I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to pull my hair out because someone has gone and done something like this. It's old. GET OVER YOURSELVES! Come on, just take the drama out, this is a place for Role-playing, if you want drama, go to public school.

Your painfully truthful friend -
Runa
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Location : Dear Gravity, you've held me down in this starless city.

PostSubject: Re: My little Rant, Read it and weep.   My little Rant, Read it and weep. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:17 pm

*claps*

1. Alrighty then. Thanks muchly for the respect Runa dear! xD
BUT. Heres the thing- we decided not to delete any of the older threads because get this. It actually downsizes the post count of the site. Ex.- delet a thread with...15 posts, the post count of the overall site goes from 60,000 to 59,985 posts. Annoying you know? And that adds up when you delete a lot of threads, with more than 200 posts each.

2. WOW. I must miss alot. IF ANY OF YOU, AND I MEAN AT ANY TIME, SEE A POST CONTAINING A SWEAR WORD (an actual one, please,not an abbreviation,) PROFANITY, OFFENSE, FLAMING, ECT. TELL ME, STORMS, OR GINGER IMMEDIATLY.
We do not and cannot check and read every postthat everyone makes on here. So thats where we need your help- by reporting that stuff. But I agree, if we were promoted and we had a few more mods, this place would likely benefit.

3.Okay, Okay. If anyone posts with the whole 'tongue in mouth' or ect. please ASK THEM TO STOP, and if they do not stop, REPORT THEM TO ME or STORMS or GING.
Even the slightest profanity, LET US KNOW.

4.ABSOFREAKINLUTLY. xD I'm so stressed now, because of you 'depressed' members. I feel like a counsoler! xD

ALSO- I am speaking with Ginger right now, and shes is writing Stormy a letter about how we should be Admins.
(The reason we cant talk to her online is because she is grounded for the next 8 weeks)

But thank you Runa! You understand very well what I mean! ^^"
Back to top Go down
Becca!
One Special Member!

PostSubject: Re: My little Rant, Read it and weep.   My little Rant, Read it and weep. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:51 pm

*Bows*

1. Aww No problamo Winter Deary. xD
That truly STINKS! It is sort of logical too, I mean delete three things from five you get two, you know. Yes, I understand fully, I had no clue that these Forumotion sites did that. That's okay I guess because we look more broken in if we have a higher post count.

2. Not really... WELL... UH... I DID! SUPRISE! Yes, I will flag it and send you a PM with the title and page numbers, I spend over thirty minutes reading through the entire thread because I had suspisions about it. It was... interesting. Anyways, You'll be exspecting a PM.
Yes, It's a pity that we only have three 'Important members' on here, I.E. Mods/Admins. I will try my best to help, I make it my business snooping, you never know what your going to find out in the world of RPC. OMW! *Ninga attacks* *Karate chops* Exactly... watch out...

3. Of course! I mean come on, we all don't need to see that constantly! It's frankly disgusting! [These posts will be along in that nice little PM I am sending you.]

4. GOOD GRIEF, I MEAN COME ON! WE ARE NOT SCHOOL GUIDANCE COUNSOLORS FOR YOU TO CRY ON OUR SHOULDERS! Excuse the mental lasp, I am just sick and tired of someone leaving and someone else getting mad that they left and then leaving too! We won't have any members after this chain thing gets finished!

5/ALSO - Goody, goody good! About the Admin thing of course! I think it would be wonderful for RPC to have you guys promoted! I'll even throw you a party! I'm sure Gingeh will convince her! Gingehs amazing just like you and Stormie!
[Tsk, tsk, tsk. Poor thing, I hope she's doing alright. I'm looking forward to seeing her back and well on the 'currently active list'. xDD]

No, THANK YOU WINTER! You have no idea what it means to me to actually have a mod that is on my same terms! [WI, Mods can get snooty.] I am happy that I know another Sane person here. *Sigh* What is the virtual world coming to today??

- Runa
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: My little Rant, Read it and weep.   My little Rant, Read it and weep. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:20 pm

Haha, right right. I will be waiting that PM, thank you! ^.~

And frankly I dislike the WI mods. XP But, whatev. they must hate us too. (HA, SUCK IT! no no xD)

And then maybe we can pick a couple new mods! Oh yay! ^.^ This should be fine with Storms anyway. I want to know what she did to land her 8 weeks in grounded-ville. xD

Aww, I know right? :'D Not to say that the rest of you guys aren't on the same level as us or anything!
Back to top Go down
Becca!
One Special Member!

PostSubject: Re: My little Rant, Read it and weep.   My little Rant, Read it and weep. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:29 pm

Don't worry, It will be comeing your way shortly!

I know! They're evil! I mean they bit your head off if you ask them a simple question! [Who do I report you to? PROFANITY. xDD Just kidding Winter Dear.]

NEW MODS! Yay! I'm interested if we'll get them, I think I know a couple of people that deserve the spots. [No, I'm not talking about myself, xD] I know! Ms. Snoop wants to know what happened! She's going to snoop, [SHOCKER!]

Yes, I think everyone is on the same level, they just haven't embraced it yet. xDD, EMBRACE IT PEOPLE! EMBRACE! IT WILL HELP THE WORLD!

- Runa
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: My little Rant, Read it and weep.   My little Rant, Read it and weep. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:36 pm

*hooks up speaker*
EMBRACE!

yeah. I should stop spamming now xD But awsome point, anyways.
Back to top Go down
*//Jaidis|Myestar-:-
RP Addicted
RP Addicted
*//Jaidis|Myestar-:-

PostSubject: Re: My little Rant, Read it and weep.   My little Rant, Read it and weep. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:09 am

I haven't been roleplaying here for a while because of a couple of things; firstly, I felt rather insulted by something on the site that I will not point out, and secondly...
yes, Runa, some of the things have been getting a little dull around here. :/ I get on the chatbox, nothing more.
New Admins would be very good... along with new Moderators. (:
Hmm. I'll leave the rest of my views alone for the present time, I think. :/
Back to top Go down
http://www.dragonstarrp.proboards85.com
Becca!
One Special Member!

PostSubject: Re: My little Rant, Read it and weep.   My little Rant, Read it and weep. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:15 am

Quite understandable Jaidis, I wish you would say what you were offended about, oh well; It's your decision in the end.
Dull, Shmull... Maybe, no actually quite dull at some points. Only the RPs that are active are exciting and then if someone makes a new one we drop an old and start the new, quite dumb actually.
New! Yes, Gingeh shall do a wonderfulllytasctic job on convincing Stormie! I know it!
Perfectly fine my dear friend! I'll look forward to hear them if you ever decide to share!

- Runa
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: My little Rant, Read it and weep.   My little Rant, Read it and weep. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Oh....*IDEA*

GUYS! I know how to make the website exciting again!

1. New layout! xD

2. New members! ADVERTISE! Thats us- lets get the word out about this rping site!
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: My little Rant, Read it and weep.   My little Rant, Read it and weep. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:25 pm

Runa, I agree 100%! (It would be like 100,000,000,000...% But that's not logical xD)

I really think that Winter and Ginger should both be promoted! Winter is a very respectful, considerate and understanding person! Along with Ginger! Go look at www.warriorstarz.conr.com <-- Ginger's website. SHE RUNS IT VERY, VERY WELL!
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: My little Rant, Read it and weep.   My little Rant, Read it and weep. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:30 pm

Uh, Ben, it's www.Warriorstarz.co.nr ^^"
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: My little Rant, Read it and weep.   My little Rant, Read it and weep. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:30 pm

Oh. Sorry for the misunderstanding everybody. xDD
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: My little Rant, Read it and weep.   My little Rant, Read it and weep. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:09 pm

AGG, YES TEH SITE IS GETTIN DULLIFIED!

People are quitting because nothing's happening! :pale:

And yes, you should be promoted! Stormie never gets on anymore, grounded or not! You said it yourself that she said this wasn't her favorite place to RP! :(

Everybody's getting all ":affraid: I HATE YOU!" and we just need to COME BACK TO EARTH! We outta make a list... I'll make a thread...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My little Rant, Read it and weep.   My little Rant, Read it and weep. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My little Rant, Read it and weep.
Page 1 of 1