RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost Empty
PostSubject: Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost   Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:39 pm

Chapter 1

"Get up!” I heard as I felt a rubber shoe hit the back of my head. I rolled over in his bed and saw my big brother, John standing in the door frame. He was tossing another shoe identical to the one that was shot in the back of my head up and down in his hand. I slid out of bed, my bare feet sliding on the slick brown carpet. I shoved past my brother, making him barely budge.
You might want to know who I am, My name is Ben Ravenwood. I’m at the age of thirteen and live with my Mom in a small apartment with my Seventeen year old big brother John and my two twin little brothers in congested New York City. I have two inch long dark brown messy hair with dark blue eyes. I’m five foot and four inches, My dad died in a fire at his work a year ago.
I rubbed my eyes as I entered the small kitchen, the smells of bacon wafted through my nose. My mom had blond straight hair with vibrant green eyes.
“Why are you up so early, Ben?” She asked sweetly looking across her shoulder at me. She still hadn’t gotten over my Dad’s death but, she tried to hide it the best she could.
“John, woke me up.” I replied sitting down at the small four-person table. She nodded and pulled a white paper plate from the shelf above her head. She piled it with two pancakes and a piece of bacon. It was handed to me, I picked up the piece of bacon and took a bite out of it when my Mom said
“When you get done, pack your bags. We’re going to our cabin in West Milford!” She exclaimed as she scrubbed the greasy pan clean.
Once I had finished my breakfast I shoved my chair in, against the table and ran to my bedroom eager to get packed. We hadn’t gone to West Milford since my Dad had died. Maybe my mom has finally been cured of her small state of depression? I thought as I pulled out my suitcase from the small closet that was shoved in the corner of the room. I quickly piled in my clothes that I would need for a few days, at least we had a large property there along with an overlarge forest right outside our backdoor.
I hauled my heavy bag to the front door. I walked back to my room and pulled out my drawing notebook along with my pencil and stuck it in my back pocket.
Chapter 2

Our old red and white convertible lurched to a stop as we arrived at our old log cabin. I opened my car door, and let it open for my little brothers to get out while I opened the trunk and got my bag. By the time I had hauled all of the bags up to the front step of the house my Mom had already unlocked the cabin’s door and was putting logs into the wood heated fireplace.
I dispersed the bags to the right beds that were lined up against the wall. Since this was a one room cabin, we had one wall that was lined up with five beds. The opposite side had a small kitchen, along with a Dryer and Washer.
I sat down on my bed and pulled out my notebook and pencil, I laid them under my pillow like I normally had at home.
“I’m going out to explore the forest.” I called over to my Mom. It was unusual for me to leave my notebook behind, but It didn’t feel right to bring it this time.
I walked across the wheat field towards the forest. The weeds brushing my jean’s. Why am I coming out here into the forest, it’s like I was called. Ben thought furrowing his brows. He sighed as he started through the pine trees.
I felt the summer sun rays on my neck as I walked over the trail of leaves and pine needles. I turned a corner and started to here a whimper of what sounded like a dog.
I looked across the ground searching for any sign of the noise. I looked across the small break of tree’s and saw a little dog pup. I ran over and bent over it, not thinking about what could possibly be lurking in the tree’s shadows. I gently picked it up in my arm’s, I figured that the small pup probably was a wolf by the marking’s and size. I gasped as I looked closer at the animal, it had a star shaped white mark on it’s small forehead. It’s little scanning eye’s were the color of hazelnut’s. It had a silver necklace wrung around it’s neck with a weird symbol on it. The symbol was about the size of a quarter and had a Chinese character carved into it. At least that’s what I thought it looked like.
I continued to hold onto it as I looked through the shadows in search of one of it’s parents. Nothing. I tucked it under my short-sleeved shirt, the soft new fur rubbing against my stomach and chest. I can’t leave him out here to die… I thought, figuring that he was a he. My mom wont allow it though.
Chapter 3

I went to the back of the cabin where my Mom store firewood. I grabbed the wheelbarrow; I piled it with a bunch of log’s; and I tossed in a hammer and a box full of nail’s. I tossed them all into the wheelbarrow along with the small wolf pup who was silently sleeping. I grinned and wheeled the item into the forest about one-hundred yards.
I dumped the wood into a small pile and nailed it against a large tree. The I did the same with the log after that. Pretty soon I had a very small dog house looking thing without a roof or an opening in it that could fit the small wolf. I picked up a bunch of weeds surrounding the tree then fit them all into a small natural bed that stuck under the shelter easily. I took the small wolf from the wheel barrow and placed him in it. I them quickly constructed a small removable roof from my leftovers and put it on top. I wiped my dirty hands on my jean’s then smiled at my creation. Now that I felt the little helpless wolf was safe from the weather and scavenger’s I wheeled the wheelbarrow back to the log cabin and went around to the front porch. I walked in through the front door and went over to the small refrigerator. I pulled out pack of salami and a water bottle.
“Oh, hey Ben!” My Mom called over from her bed where she was reading a small pocket novel. “What’re you doing?” She asked looking at the bottle of water and bag of meat in Ben’s hand.
“Er- Just getting a snack.” I smiled weakly.
My Mom smiled and then continued back to her novel.
I slunk outside and started to a run back towards the spot where the pup was.
When I arrived I lifted off the roof gently and set it on the ground. I poured abit of water into my cupped hand and held it out for the now awake wolf newborn to lick up. He lapped it up quickly but left a little bit as if it was offering me some. I grinned and wiped the excess water on my shirt then took a piece of salami from the bag and tore it into a small piece. I held it out for the tiny wolf to try to eat. It ate it and licked its mouth clean.
I laughed and touched my index and middle finger of my right hand to the wolf’s star shaped birthmark.
My arm shot up with pain and flooded into my whole body. It felt as if I was on fire, I let out a small yell of pain. Sooner then it began I felt a warmness spread through my whole body as if I was sipping hot chocolate next to the fire.
I gasped surprised.
“I’m going to call you Kayjik.” I said as I started to pet the animal, even though I was worried about the pain happening again a part of me told me I wouldn’t experience that ever again, and that my life was changed forever.

Last edited by |*|Ben|*| on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Becca!
One Special Member!

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost   Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:41 pm

OMG, Write more! It's wonderful! I can't even find any errors!
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost   Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:43 pm

xD Thank you so much! I promise to try to write more tomarrow =)
Back to top Go down
Jєt
One Special Member!
Jєt

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost   Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:50 pm

Oooohhhhh TEMPTING. I've been writing a story [not that any of you will see it! Unless I'm "in the mood"] and I'm working on a good "HooK"
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost   Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:45 am

Oh. My. Gosh! That was.. Was.. Amazing!!
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost   Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:48 am

You'll all like the next chapter more... Probably =)
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost   Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:50 am

=)
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost   Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:36 pm

-*- SECOND CHAPTER -*-
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost   Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:48 pm

Aww! Cute puppy.. Cool! LOVED IT!
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost   Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:58 pm

Thanks =) It was really short but... The first chapters always are until I get into the plot. xD
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost   Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:28 pm

Yeah.. I still like it alot though!
Back to top Go down
Violet Boopala(pirate)
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Violet Boopala(pirate)

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost   Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 4:22 pm

That was really good! The puppy sounds so cute...*huggles puppy*

((psst...write more))
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost   Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:38 pm

((HAHA It's a big part of the plot ;)))
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost   Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:57 pm

-*| 3rd CHAPTER ADDED |*-
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost   Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:51 pm

AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost   Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:58 pm

Thanks =)
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost   Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 5:48 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost   Shadow's of The Day    Written By: Rainfrost I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadow's of The Day Written By: Rainfrost
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPcentral Forum :: RPC Artist's Corner :: RPC Library-
Jump to: