RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Socky! Current Chapter: All In Day's Work

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

Super Socky!    Current Chapter: All In Day's Work Empty
PostSubject: Super Socky! Current Chapter: All In Day's Work   Super Socky!    Current Chapter: All In Day's Work I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:07 am

Venture into the world of sock monkeys with Super Socky, Julia Thorlough, and more in "Super Socky"!

I will be adding a comic to my art gallery soon, watch out for it! :)

"TV says you're hot on Super Socky's trail," announced Julia Thorlough, the lead reporter for The Daily Bananza. She was looking at a small rabbit-eared television, eyes fixed on the police chief as he gave his report to the camera. "...When we came upon the robber, he was lying by the bag of money, a banana peel, and a sock." he was saying loudly. "These signs point to Super Socky's intervention. The Daily Bananza's 'scoop' writer says he's been tracking the clues and is coming even closer to discovering the identity of this masked monkey, but for now, Bananza's super hero remains anonymous..."
"Yeah, well..." Ron Hanes, the 'scoop' writer grinned sheepishly and tossed a paper wad into the trash can. "Two points!" he cried. "...Plus a few for getting close to nabbing that elusive Super Socky." Julia laughed, turned off the TV, swooped in a circle, and bent to pick up a newspaper that had fallen on the floor. "Ooops, sorry Julia. Normally the copies on the floor are the ones that the printing press's ink didn't..." apologized Kaboodle Kentwayne, the janitor and plumber for The Daily Bananza. "Oh, that's okay." Julia replied quickly, but snatched the newspaper. Kaboodle straightened awkwardly, then looked at Ron Hanes's desk, which was littered with blurred photos of Super Socky. Ron's obsession to discover Super Socky was getting out of hand. "Closing in, huh, Mr. Hanes?" Kaboodle smiled in an effort to lighten the embarassed mood of the room. "Ooh, yeah, Kaboods!" Ron bragged. "Julia here says I'll catch 'im before nightfall!"
"Good luck finding Super Socky in nine hours." mused Kaboodle, but Ron didn't hear. He was still caught up with the janitor's quiet comment. "Crime rate's slowin' down, though." the scoop writer went on obliviously. "Might not see 'im tonight."
"Not if you know where to look," muttered Kaboodle.
"But I'm sure I could catch him...Julia?"
"Yes, Ron?"
"There's a bank down the street. Do you think if I put on a ski mask and threatened everyone there with a bomb made out of all these pens..." Ron gestured at the cup of pens on his desk and accidentally knocked them over, scattering the pens everywhere.
"No, Ron. I don't think Super Socky will show up." Julia sighed good-naturedly.
"But if I was holding up a bomb--"
"Made with pens, Ron. The only harm that would come to those people is getting ink stains on their clothes." Julia interrupted. She thought Ron was joking, but sometimes her friend could just be out-there. Kaboodle coughed.
"Might I suggest you check Volcom Avenue? There are a lot of alleyways down there, perfect for crimes, and Super Socky..." Kaboodle trailed off, glancing sideways at the scoop writer as Ron grew more and more excited.
"Thanks, Kabuddy, I'll check!" Ron returned eagerly. Kaboodle nodded and, swinging his broom over his shoulder, walked away.
Kaboodle slipped inside the hall closet, the damp, stringy head of a mop brushing against his tail as he weaved towards the back. "Sorry I'm late, Alfonzo." Kaboodle said hastily as the cross face of his butler appeared on a moniter screen in front of him. The sock monkey on the screen looked relieved to here Kaboodle's voice. "Finally! Imagine you, of all monkeys, late! There's a fire on Volcom Avenue, and--" Kaboodle groaned when he heard what street it was. The reason he'd told Ron Super Socky stayed near Volcom Avenue was because Super Socky was never at Volcom Avenue! Alfonzo made a pouting face, but continued. "And the firefighters can't get all the people out, it's too dangerous, but..."
"Not dangerous for Super Socky." Kaboodle finished, his face sour.
Ten o'clock found Super Socky soaring into an apartment that had erupted in flames. A young child had collapsed from the smoke, and, two other monkeys in his powerful grasp, Super Socky flew out again. But when he alit on the sidewalk, gently placing the monkeys on stretchers, Ron Hanes was rushing up to him. "HEY! Super Socky!" he yelled. "No time to talk!" the sock monkey superhero shouted back and shot back into the fiery building.The last citizen to be carried out in Super Socky's arms was a well-known eldery monkey millionaire named Jill Gates. Blackened with ash and smoke, Super Socky trudged through the anxious crowd, ignoring the reporters who thrust microphones in his face. A spasm of coughs ripped themself from him. "He needs medical attention!" That was a familiar voice. It was Julia Thorlough, rushing forward to catch the wheezing superhero as he leaned heavily forward. "And they call you super, but you're too dumb to even wear an oxygen mask." she teased. "Saving citizens, inhaling smoke, all in a day's work." Super Socky retorted, shook of Julia's hand, then launched into the air above the crowd while their camera's snapped away.
"Really, Kaboodle, you should be more careful." Alfonzo scolded. "People could've died." Kaboodle said simply. "And you could have, too!" Alfonzo growled. "Next time think first before racing into a burning building!" Kaboodle coughed. Though the smoke had washed off from his fur quickly, the smoke in his lungs remained. "I'd better get back to work or they might notice I'm missing." Kaboodle tried to stand up, but Alfonzo pushed him down quickly. "You're in no condition to mop up those snub-nosed soft-bellied reporters' mess!" The butler persisted in a huff that Kaboodle wouldn't listen. "Really, Al, I'm--(cough, cough)...fine."

Last edited by Sockymonkey on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: Super Socky! Current Chapter: All In Day's Work   Super Socky!    Current Chapter: All In Day's Work I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:10 am

AWESOME! DON'T LET GRAMMER THROTTLE WITH YOU! lolz
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: Super Socky! Current Chapter: All In Day's Work   Super Socky!    Current Chapter: All In Day's Work I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:54 pm

Honestly I just posted so people would see it near the top of the page when they click on "The Tale of Desparonzo". XD
Back to top Go down
Becca!
One Special Member!

PostSubject: Re: Super Socky! Current Chapter: All In Day's Work   Super Socky!    Current Chapter: All In Day's Work I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:36 pm

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S LIKE BATMAN IN SOCK FORM! (XDDD)
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: Super Socky! Current Chapter: All In Day's Work   Super Socky!    Current Chapter: All In Day's Work I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:44 pm

Thanks! Batman and Wolverine from the X-men are my favorite super heroes. XD
Working on the comic right now...
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: Super Socky! Current Chapter: All In Day's Work   Super Socky!    Current Chapter: All In Day's Work I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:40 am

Wow, that's like, amazing. :O
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: Super Socky! Current Chapter: All In Day's Work   Super Socky!    Current Chapter: All In Day's Work I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:57 am

No, it's my worst yet. ^_^" It's hard to write about sock monkeys; I prefer animals. :P
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: Super Socky! Current Chapter: All In Day's Work   Super Socky!    Current Chapter: All In Day's Work I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:06 pm

AHHHH NEW CHAPTER *slaps*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Socky! Current Chapter: All In Day's Work   Super Socky!    Current Chapter: All In Day's Work I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Socky! Current Chapter: All In Day's Work
Page 1 of 1